Forum: MAIN FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Do you Ravens fans still think Lamar Jackson is your QB?

Im not a Ravens fan. Not being a smart ass but I would like to know what it will take for you Anti-Lamar guys to acknowledge he a legit NFL level QB? He is top 10 in basically every stat and they are 1st place in the division. And there are soooo many other QBs with half the skill set he has playing in the NFL right now.

I know its not even a full season yet but will it take 1 season, 2 seasons, none bc you just dont like him?
    GET THAT $$$

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilbet View Post
    Im not a Ravens fan. Not being a smart ass but I would like to know what it will take for you Anti-Lamar guys to acknowledge he a legit NFL level QB? He is top 10 in basically every stat and they are 1st place in the division. And there are soooo many other QBs with half the skill set he has playing in the NFL right now.

I know its not even a full season yet but will it take 1 season, 2 seasons, none bc you just dont like him?
    Dude, his best games this year came against Miami, Cinci and Arizona. Combined, those three teams are 2-14-1 through 6 games. What is it going to take for guys like you to understand he doesn’t play well against quality defenses?
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by soli View Post
    Dude.. Jackson basically was the Ravens total offense against NFL Players. 152 Rushing yards and 236 passing yds. Don't let your hate make you look foolish. Other than runningback Ingram, I don't know any top players on the Ravens offense.
    Why would you say I hate Lamar Jackson?
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Junior
    Lamar seems like a winner and a really good football player. He just doesn't seem like a good QB as far as throwing and reading reading defenses on pass plays. Now I haven't seen him play much, so it limited sample, but he just doesn't pass the eyeball test as a passer to me. Decent defenses make him look much worse.

I'd compare him to Tebow, V. Young as being good football players who are winners who can throw a little. You have to cater the offense to their skillset. He is also likable like Tebow,

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    Dude, his best games this year came against Miami, Cinci and Arizona. Combined, those three teams are 2-14-1 through 6 games. What is it going to take for guys like you to understand he doesn’t play well against quality defenses?

You’re an idiot though. You point to the chargers defense last year as a good defense and that’s why he struggled....considering 2 weeks prior he played the exact same defense on the road and had a good game and won. Lmfao so you have no room to speak because your entire point went to shit when you keep talking about how he only plays good vs bad defenses. You point to that playoff game, but he played them 2 weeks ago and looked a million times better.

maybe credit it to the fact he was a rookie QB and it was his first ever playoff game, and the defense who just saw him were more prepared. He fumbled it nonstop(something he has rarely done at all this year). So shut the fuck up. You’re a dumbass who refuses to admit when you are wrong

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladeda View Post
    Lamar seems like a winner and a really good football player. He just doesn't seem like a good QB as far as throwing and reading reading defenses on pass plays. Now I haven't seen him play much, so it limited sample, but he just doesn't pass the eyeball test as a passer to me. Decent defenses make him look much worse.

I'd compare him to Tebow, V. Young as being good football players who are winners who can throw a little. You have to cater the offense to their skillset. He is also likable like Tebow,
    This is exactly my point and what I’ve been saying all along but that runs into I “hate Lamar.”

He just can’t read good NFL defenses. He’s not smart. That’s it.
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    You’re an idiot though. You point to the chargers defense last year as a good defense and that’s why he struggled....considering 2 weeks prior he played the exact same defense on the road and had a good game and won. Lmfao so you have no room to speak because your entire point went to shit when you keep talking about how he only plays good vs bad defenses. You point to that playoff game, but he played them 2 weeks ago and looked a million times better.

maybe credit it to the fact he was a rookie QB and it was his first ever playoff game, and the defense who just saw him were more prepared. He fumbled it nonstop(something he has rarely done at all this year). So shut the fuck up. You’re a dumbass who refuses to admit when you are wrong
    His game against the LAC two weeks earlier was mediocre. You fail to recognize that.
    Welchers are the worst.

His game against the LAC two weeks earlier was mediocre. You fail to recognize that.

Did well enough to win handedly. And you fail to recognize when you are wrong....which is a lot. Pretty awful characteristic to have. Your wife must love you

Against the winless Bengals. The guy is a machine against the NFL ass teams and absolutely sucks against good defenses. When will people learn?

Lmfao it never stops. It really is embarrassing for this loser.

RX Junior
    I have seen him play only a couple of games in the NFL and he is not the type of quarterback that I would want for my team. I just was not very impressed. I want a QB that drops back and is very accurate for the 0-20 yard pass and is mobile enough to take off and run if necessary. I would pick a QB like Steve Young.

The QB rating system is some what stupid if I threw just one pass and completed it for 10 yards and that is all I did for the game my rating is 118.

I have to credit him for the value he brings running the ball. The last two games 116 yard and 152 yards. That is more than most of the running backs in the league. So is Baltimore using design runs for him or are his yards from scrambling?

Should the QB rating be update to take into account the QB ability to scramble and run for yards and first downs? I think that ability to run is a huge advantage and makes them much more dangerous. Russell Wilson in todays game is a perfect example of his ability to run is a game changer.

Unlike Wilson what I have not seen from Jackson is his ability to beat teams with his arm.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    We'll learn a lot this week. I'm thinking Belichick is going to make him beat them with is arm.

He's good, he's exciting, he's fun, he's a great fantasy QB in 2019, I like the kid.

But running QB's can't run forever, they have to become effective passers
    Free daycare, preschool, college, healthcare, prescriptions, it's all free people. Redirect police funding, navigate away from oil, the Green New deal, pack the SC 😆

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    We'll learn a lot this week. I'm thinking Belichick is going to make him beat them with is arm.

He's good, he's exciting, he's fun, he's a great fantasy QB in 2019, I like the kid.

He's a good football player. Can't be a good QB unless you can pass. That's my point.
    Welchers are the worst.

He's a good football player. Can't be a good QB unless you can pass. That's my point.
    Why do you define what a good QB is? Nothing says the QB has to be a great passer to be a good QB. Your argument is tired
    Who knew we had signatures all this time?

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstack34 View Post
    Why do you define what a good QB is? Nothing says the QB has to be a great passer to be a good QB. Your argument is tired
    I never said this. Pay attention.

To be a good QB in the NFL you have to be an accurate and effective passer. Lamar Jackson isn't an accurate or effective passer yet. He could be in the future but I don't think so.
    Welchers are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post

Lowest line of the year for New England

Quote Originally Posted by Jstack34 View Post

He has absolutely no clue what it takes to be a successful quarterback. He has no clue. A lot of times it has nothing to do with football...it’s about if guys will rally around you, it’s about your charisma, your character, your approach. That’s what makes a QB great. But discussing football it’s not his accuracy that’s the issue. He is very accurate. The ball isn’t a duck flying all over the place. He needs to master how to put enough air on his passes. But it’s not the accuracy like Enflameo keeps saying. He’s clueless. It’s Lamar’s touch that he needs to master. He needs to put enough touch and air on his passes where his WRs can run underneath of it. A lot of them just look like bullets getting there in a hurry. And it looks like he’s inaccurate because the ball is overthrown. But the ball is actually right on target...just not enough air

There are a lot of qbs who are inaccurate in the nfl. Lamar isn’t one of those. Fitzpatrick is more inaccurate and many others. Every pass Lamar makes is pretty much right on target. It’s just he sometimes puts too much touch on his passes, 99% of the time it’s the deep throws. Inaccuracy is more about hitting a WR that’s open and putting it on the numbers. Some guys can’t do that consistently....Lamar does that easily within 25 yards. He has the ball on a rope. It’s not even a discussion. The issue is the touch and how to differentiate between his passes and what he needs to do for some deep throws. You don’t know shit.

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    He has absolutely no clue what it takes to be a successful quarterback. He has no clue. A lot of times it has nothing to do with football...it’s about if guys will rally around you, it’s about your charisma, your character, your approach. That’s what makes a QB great. But discussing football it’s not his accuracy that’s the issue. He is very accurate. The ball isn’t a duck flying all over the place. He needs to master how to put enough air on his passes. But it’s not the accuracy like Enflameo keeps saying. He’s clueless. It’s Lamar’s touch that he needs to master. He needs to put enough touch and air on his passes where his WRs can run underneath of it. A lot of them just look like bullets getting there in a hurry. And it looks like he’s inaccurate because the ball is overthrown. But the ball is actually right on target...just not enough air

There are a lot of qbs who are inaccurate in the nfl. Lamar isn’t one of those. Fitzpatrick is more inaccurate and many others. Every pass Lamar makes is pretty much right on target. It’s just he sometimes puts too much touch on his passes, 99% of the time it’s the deep throws. Inaccuracy is more about hitting a WR that’s open and putting it on the numbers. Some guys can’t do that consistently....Lamar does that easily within 25 yards. He has the ball on a rope. It’s not even a discussion. The issue is the touch and how to differentiate between his passes and what he needs to do for some deep throws. You don’t know shit.
    Haha you dope. At the end of a long or short career, we judge QBs based on wins or losses and that’s it. What planet do you come from?

Why do you keep saying he’s an accurate QB? That’s just not true.
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Junior
    Haha you dope. At the end of a long or short career, we judge QBs based on wins or losses and thatís it. What planet do you come from?

Why do you keep saying heís an accurate QB? Thatís just not true.
    As a short career .....Lamar Jackson career record is 11-3. Just curious, so what is the problem?

RX Local
    Haha you dope. At the end of a long or short career, we judge QBs based on wins or losses and that’s it. What planet do you come from?

Why do you keep saying he’s an accurate QB? That’s just not true.
    Statistically hes one of the most inaccurate Qbs in the league.

But he does Win a lot of games

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinCruise View Post
    Statistically hes one of the most inaccurate Qbs in the league.

But he does Win a lot of games
    Against garbage teams.

Do the homework. Seattle is the only winning team he has beaten this year.
    Welchers are the worst.

As a short career .....Lamar Jackson career record is 11-3. Just curious, so what is the problem?

lmao. Heís clueless. Incapable of thinking outside the box.

Winning in the nfl is difficult. Against any team. Enflameo is a sour little bitch.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have had the two easiest divisions for the duration of their careers or any QBs career for that matter.

Yet we glorify them for going 6-0 against the Dolphins bills and jets every year. And Peyton Manning beating matt schaub and whatever bum ass Jacksonville QBs were there or awful titans QBs. Those teams are horse shit garbage. But you suck their dicks for it.

When Lamar gives the patriots their first loss this year, what will you nitpick then? Oh Lamar got lucky on that throw. Oh the defense sucks now. Oh if this didnít happen or if that didnít happen I would be right. Lmfao shut the fuck up enflameo. You are incapable of assessing talent. Thatís factual.

RX Junior
    The rules in the NFL have changed dramatically over the years. NFL wants you to throw the ball and all of the rules are geared that way. To be a successful QB you need be able to take advantage of the those rules first and run second. I have not seen him play enough to determine his overall ability. The few games I have seen him play he seemed over matched when it came to throwing the ball.

If his ball throwing is like Mob says then I think he needs to learn to have more touch on his throws. If everything is a rocket there will be many more dropped balls or incomplete balls because he didn't give his receivers as much of an opportunity to catch the pass. John Elway fell into that mold of throwing rockets and running allot. I was never a big fan of Elway...I think he is one of the most over rated QB in history.

I don't think wins and loses are the end all to end all in judging a QB. Too many players on the field to determine a teams success. I can list a ton of terrible QB's that have rings and some great QB's without a ring.

I still want my QB to throw first and run second. Does he do that? Or is he tucking and running right away because he has a significant amount of running yards. I think Russel Wilson runs allot and is good at escaping pressure when needed and Jackson has over 4 times as many rushing yards.

RX Semi-God
    Tonight, I will provide you with the combined record of his 11 wins.
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Semi-God
    Combined record of teams Lamar Jackson has beaten this year:

12-25-1

6 of those 12 wins come from the Seattle Seahawks. 2018 next.
    Welchers are the worst.

Combined record of teams Brady has beaten this year?

combined record of Peyton Manning against his shithole divisions?

Anything on that? They put up some good stats vs some bum teams