Forum: NFL Football Forum - Sponsored by: WagerWeb - get your 100% bonus here!
Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting NFL football here.

Thread: Starting for AZ

  1. #1 Starting for AZ 
    RX Junior Cantpickem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New London, Ct
    Posts
    3,050
    Steve Keim: Kyler Murray will start season opener

    AZ has Brett Hundley but I'm not so sure he is a starter. He didn't do well at GB nor at SEA.

    Do you think this is the right decision to start Murray? I don't think they have much of a choice.
    “I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” ― W.C. Fields
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    641
    You pick the guy #1, he has to start. Funny part is Rosen went to Miami who has a very good chance of being the worst team in the league. If so, they will have the #1 pick with Tua on the board. Rosen better not buy any south beach property because he will probably be somewhere else next year. Kind of a jerk so I wouldn't mind if that happens.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    2,468
    rookie coach fired after 1 season. rookie qb and tenth overall pick traded 1 year in. new rookie coach who is unproven and only good at calling offense in college. rookie qb who is undersized and still not as good of a prospect as the one you just traded..... i would think keim ( who got a dui in the offseason) should worry about his job. not exactly a great 12 months from him so not sure why i would put any confidence in him getting it right this time. murray has to be the starter because kiem doesnt have the luxury of the team taking 2 years to be good.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,665
    Arizona will likley be picking 1 again next year.

    Its the 2020 season you want to tank not 2019.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    RX Local Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    20,624
    Quote Originally Posted by skins85 View Post
    rookie coach fired after 1 season. rookie qb and tenth overall pick traded 1 year in. new rookie coach who is unproven and only good at calling offense in college. rookie qb who is undersized and still not as good of a prospect as the one you just traded..... i would think keim ( who got a dui in the offseason) should worry about his job. not exactly a great 12 months from him so not sure why i would put any confidence in him getting it right this time. murray has to be the starter because kiem doesnt have the luxury of the team taking 2 years to be good.

    Still not as good as the prospect you traded? If you think because he is short he won’t do well....I can give you 100000 tall QBs who were the right nfl height to play QB and were terrible.

    Josh Rosen is a bust and will continue to be a bust. He will not last. Everyone says oh Murray will get killed he’s so small. I disagree. Murray has a better chance to last in the NFL than josh Rosen does IMO. Rosen’s frame is going to get destroyed. He has a much smaller frame than Murray. I know the sheep don’t see this but it’s facts.


    Anything better than 6 wins for Murray this year is a very successful start.
    Accomplished
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    RX Local Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    20,624
    Quote Originally Posted by The Greatest One View Post
    Arizona will likley be picking 1 again next year.

    Its the 2020 season you want to tank not 2019.


    Man though if he was white.....Doug flutie reincarnated
    Accomplished
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    RX Junior CADILLACJACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,097
    Murray will do just fine....a little concerned after some time when defenses figure him out how he will adjust, but overall the dude is an incredible athlete and is a huge improvement over Rosen. David Johnson has been MIA the past 2 seasons he's going to excel in this new offense! DJ will be back on the map this season putting up big numbers with Murray at QB! Zona will be improved....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    2,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    Still not as good as the prospect you traded? If you think because he is short he won’t do well....I can give you 100000 tall QBs who were the right nfl height to play QB and were terrible.

    Josh Rosen is a bust and will continue to be a bust. He will not last. Everyone says oh Murray will get killed he’s so small. I disagree. Murray has a better chance to last in the NFL than josh Rosen does IMO. Rosen’s frame is going to get destroyed. He has a much smaller frame than Murray. I know the sheep don’t see this but it’s facts.


    Anything better than 6 wins for Murray this year is a very successful start.
    many draft experts said if rosen were in this years draft he would be the consensus #1 qb taken. rosen is dealt a tough hand and hard to say how he will react. 2 years in on his second team and doubtful how much they may want him. it has nothing to do with height for me and a lot more to do with the organization. they had a complete revamp last year and decided to rebuild with a new coach and qb, only to throw that whole idea out the window and go another direction. seems like the front office is confused which will make it hard for any qb to be successful.

    his height really doesnt mean anything to me, if you can play you can play. this organization just seems to not trust how a process could take some time and grow impatient with a knee jerk reaction. i dont think the gm, coach, or qb are really prepared to be successful and didnt really give rosen much of a chance either.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    RX Local Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    20,624
    Quote Originally Posted by skins85 View Post
    many draft experts said if rosen were in this years draft he would be the consensus #1 qb taken. rosen is dealt a tough hand and hard to say how he will react. 2 years in on his second team and doubtful how much they may want him. it has nothing to do with height for me and a lot more to do with the organization. they had a complete revamp last year and decided to rebuild with a new coach and qb, only to throw that whole idea out the window and go another direction. seems like the front office is confused which will make it hard for any qb to be successful.

    his height really doesnt mean anything to me, if you can play you can play. this organization just seems to not trust how a process could take some time and grow impatient with a knee jerk reaction. i dont think the gm, coach, or qb are really prepared to be successful and didnt really give rosen much of a chance either.


    Lot of draft experts also said Baker Mayfield was the worst of the 4. Remember?

    It went Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Mayfield. Remember?

    I was on here saying why isnt Mayfield considered better than these guys? I said the Jets should take him at #3 and everybody in the Offshore here was like noooooooo wayyyyyyy that’s way too early for Mayfield. That’s crazy talk.

    he ended up going #1. So I don’t put much stock into these “draft experts” They figure it out at the last moment....if at all. And it was John dorsey who figured it out...not the draft experts.



    Im not saying his height or his weight is the issue.

    Its his frame. He has the same frame as Aaron Rodgers. And Aaron Rodgers misses more time and gets severally injured more than any star QB in the league. It is what it is. He’s broken two collarbones?

    There are players who you can see are lean and skinny but doesn’t mean they have a small frame. Like Gordon hayward was lean and skinny...but you could tell he was going to fill out.

    Josh Rosen’s favorite player is Aaron Rodgers actually. I see comparisons in a bad way though.
    Accomplished
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    RX Local Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    20,624
    Quote Originally Posted by skins85 View Post
    many draft experts said if rosen were in this years draft he would be the consensus #1 qb taken. rosen is dealt a tough hand and hard to say how he will react. 2 years in on his second team and doubtful how much they may want him. it has nothing to do with height for me and a lot more to do with the organization. they had a complete revamp last year and decided to rebuild with a new coach and qb, only to throw that whole idea out the window and go another direction. seems like the front office is confused which will make it hard for any qb to be successful.

    his height really doesnt mean anything to me, if you can play you can play. this organization just seems to not trust how a process could take some time and grow impatient with a knee jerk reaction. i dont think the gm, coach, or qb are really prepared to be successful and didnt really give rosen much of a chance either.


    I think they moved up to take Rosen because they had to. He was the last one remaining. And they needed a QB.


    The organization may fail murray. The coach may fail him. The defense may fail them. But the kid is an athlete. He can play. And he will learn. I dno about the coach either. But IMO getting rid of Rosen and drafting another QB doesn’t show their incompetence or dysfunction.

    But you are right. Who knows if this coach is going to pan out for them. Or if this defense is going to recover
    Accomplished
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    RX Local Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    20,624
    Rosen had a chance at home against the 49ers with the game on the line and the ball in Rosen’s hands. And he threw a terrible terrible terrible interception that a 6th grader could have read the coverage on.

    If thats the case for a pocket QB who doesn’t use his feet to make plays.... then you better 100% know that was a fluke read and he will improve. I don’t think they knew that, plus with his body frame, and sheer cockiness that really isn’t justified. He had a Johnny Manziel quote after the draft.

    “I’m going to set this league on fire.” “There were 9 mistakes made before I got picked.” Just shutup and play. Josh Rosen is a clown. Hope their O line holds up for him
    Accomplished
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    nc
    Posts
    2,468
    to fire a coach and trade a top 10 pick after 1 year reflects on the GM more than anyone. he hired the coach, he picked the qb too. thats where the dysfunction is imo. murray for better or worse is stuck with a coach who hasnt won anything and a GM who is may not have the luxury to be patient. sometimes the situation is too much to overcome and for murray i think thats the case. it may have already been the case for Rosen too. imagine if he went to the pats or san diego and could learn for a year or two, he may be a nice peice for a team in a few years. now it seems that in another year or two he will be fighting for a roster spot.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    2,437
    Crazy how they traded up for Rosen and hardly got anything in return for him.

    If murray becomes a stud, then what they did with Rosen didn’t matter. If Murray ends up being a dud, then the cards REALLY messed up!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #14  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,665
    He has zero chance at being a "stud"

    None. Lamar Jackson sucks too
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #15  
    RX Junior CADILLACJACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    I think they moved up to take Rosen because they had to. He was the last one remaining. And they needed a QB.


    The organization may fail murray. The coach may fail him. The defense may fail them. But the kid is an athlete. He can play. And he will learn. I dno about the coach either. But IMO getting rid of Rosen and drafting another QB doesn’t show their incompetence or dysfunction.

    But you are right. Who knows if this coach is going to pan out for them. Or if this defense is going to recover
    I would be concerned about the O line as well....they've been trash last couple of years. As we know Murray is an incredible athlete, but football is such a "team" sport so many pieces need to gel together to be successful and this team will still be missing many pieces. Murray could be running for his life this year. I have a feeling you're right this organization will let him down not surrounding him with the right personal and obviously the head coach is totally unproven no idea what to expect from this guy
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •