Saturday Service Plays May 4, 2019

Search

Tokens
Please remember, this forum is not here for regular posters who cap their own games to post their daily plays. Please use our individual sport forums to post your plays. Professional cappers (those that sell plays) must remain in the Site Promotion Forum.

Please do not post Twitter plays or forum member plays in this thread.

Do Not Post these Services

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Doc's Sports
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Robert Ferringo
Raphael Esparza
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Indian Cowboy[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Tony George[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Scott Spreitzer[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Vernon Croy[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Alan Harris[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Mike Davis[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Allen East Man
Jason Sharpe
[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]Strike Point Sports[/FONT]

Do not post write-ups ...
AJ Apollo
Alex Smart
@ntonwins
Apple Handicappers
ASA, ASA Inc’s or American Sports Analysts
ATS Consultants
ATSadv ice.com
Ben Lewis
Brandon Lang's Crew
Bruce Marshall
Chris Jordan's Crew
Dave Cokin
Dennis Hill
Dennis Macklin
Dr. Bob Sports
Dr. guru sports
EZ Winners
Fairway Jayr
Fred Wallin
Gametimereport
Greg DiPalma
Hittingpaydirt
JB Sports
Jim Avery
Jim Kruger
Jorge Gonzalez
Ken Jenkins
Killersportslive
Larry Ness
Lenny Delgenio
LT Profits
Lucky Lester
Madduxsports
Marc Lawrence/Playbook
Matt Fargo
Mike Lineback
Mike Rose
Pacific (Pac Star) Sports
PayneInsider
Paul Stone
Peter Gold at VI
Pick Nation Crew
PlusLineSports
Pointwise Sports
PowerPlay Wins
Preferred Picks
Pregame
Pro Sports Info
Red Zone Sports
Right Angle Sports (RAS)
Rocky Atkinson
Ron Raymond
Ross Benjamin
Sal Bansa/sportspicks1019
Scott Spreitzer
Sixth Sense Sports
Sports Memo Crew
Steve Merril SportsAlatex Sports
Stevo Design Inc. All services
Ted Sevransky/Teddy Covers
Tennessee Valley Sports
THELOCKOFTHEDAY
The Prez
The Real Animal
Tony George
Tony Karpinski/3G-Sports
Tom Stryker
Trushel Sports Consulting
Vegasadvisor s.com
Vernon Croy
Winning Points/Sports Reporter
zen_gamble

Tokens
Jody Demling
EXOTICS UPDATED MAY 2 AFTER OMAHA BEACH SCRATCH

Here's what I said prior to the scratch: "I picked Omaha Beach but was back and forth in the final week or so between the favorite and Improbable. It wouldn't surprise me at all if either of those two horses or Game Winner or Tacitus was wearing the roses on Saturday night."

So, why change things....I'll pick Tacitus but play the three:

Here's a look at a ticket I believe will not only cover you but has a chance to give you a solid return on your investment.

Let's play a $5 exacta box with the top four in the race. And then take Tacitus and play him in a $1 bet over the rest of the horses in the field.

$5 exacta box 5,8,16 ($30)

$1 exacta 8 over ALL ($19)

The trifecta will be a tough on to snare but we'll try two angles.

The first - and likely the wager I will make - its using the top three and then 10 horses.

$0.50 trifecta 5,8,16 with 5,8,16 with 1,3,5,6,7,8,13,14,16,17 ($24)

The second has Tacitus singled.

$0.50 trifecta 8 with 1,3,5,6,7,8,13,14,16,17 with 1,3,5,6,7,8,13,14,16,17 ($36)

The superfecta is a minimum of $1 on Derby Day, so you can spend a ton of money trying to hit it. The good thing is it will likely pay a ton....but hopefully it will pay off.

$1 superfecta 5,8,16 with 5,8,16 with 1,5,8,14,16,17 with 1,3,5,8,14,16,17 ($96)

DERBY-OAKS DOUBLE
The Oaks-Derby Double is my favorite wager at Churchill Downs this weekend.

And for good reason.

I have used different combinations to win the wager nine of the past 10 years. It's a wager that takes place in two races on consecutive days - the Kentucky Oaks on Friday and the Kentucky Derby on Saturday at Churchill.

It's a wager that more often than not has proven to be a very good play for a return. Since the wager started in 1999, the payout has been under $51 just four times. On the flip side, the payout has been more than $500 on six occasions.

So, let's try and hit a good one.

And remember, if you hit the Oaks winner then you will be able to see the will-pays on Friday night and it won't change.

Here we go:

I was ready to do a $5 bet with Omaha Beach and all in the Oaks, but he's scratched. I'm not as confident in Tacitus or Improbable but let's wheel them both for $2.

$2 Oaks-Derby double ALL (Oaks) with 5,8 (Derby) total ($56)

I still want to make sure I cover myself on the Derby side, so I will use my other top picks up with the top few in the Oaks

$1 Oaks-Derby double 1,3,4,7 (Oaks) with 1,3,14,15,16,17 (Derby) total ($30)

I really like Bellafina in the Oaks, so I will use her on top with all

$1 Oaks-Derby double 4 (Oaks) with ALL (Derby) - total ($20)

And I will use my second pick - Jaywalk - and long shot - Lady Apple - with my other top picks in the Derby

$1 Oaks-Derby double 3,7 (Oaks) with 1,3,5,8,14,15,16,17 (Derby) - total ($16)

The wagers here would total - $122 - which is more than I have ever wager on this bet - but would likely give us a good return.

Tokens
Paul Leiner

2000* MLB Yankees -130
100* MLB Reds -130
100* MLB Over 8.5 Royals/Tigers

Kentucky Derby
Exacta box 4* Maximum Security/Roadster/Game Winner/Improbable

Maximum Security 10* win/place/show

Tokens
Billy Coleman
4.5 Star Dodgers
3 Star Astros run line
3 Star Blue Jackets under 5.5
3 Star Game Winner in the Derb

Tokens
Millerlocks

4:10 pm est mlb
seattle mariners vs. Cleveland indians

pick: Seattle mariners (+181)

risk: 11 units

7:10 pm est mlb
san francisco giants vs. Cincinnati reds

pick: Cincinnati reds (-134)

8:35 pm est nba
golden state warriors vs. Houston rockets

pick: Houston rockets -3 (-105)

11:59 pm est mma
donald cerrone vs. Al iaquinta

pick: Al iaquinta (-150)

Tokens
MLB(Bob Balfe)
7:10 PM EST
Rotation #973-974
Astros -140 over Angels
Miley/Cahill
Wade Miley is out to a decent start this year and the real advantage here in this game is the Angels lack of runs when facing left handed pitchers. Houston has owned this series as of late as well. I just can’t see the Angels winning this game unless Cahill pitches a gem. There has been no evidence that he is capable of that this year. Take the Astros.

Tokens
CAL SPORTS BASKETBALL PLAYS

Game: (589) Golden State Warriors at (590) Houston Rockets
Date/Time: May 4 2019 8:35 PM EDT
Betting Line Provider: Bookmaker
Play Rating: 4%
Play: Houston Rockets -3.5 (-109)

View Analysis

4% Houston Rockets -3.5

BASEBALL PLAYS

Game: (973) Houston Astros at (974) Los Angeles Angels
Date/Time: May 4 2019 7:10 PM EDT
Betting Line Provider: Pinnacle
Play Rating: 3%
Play: Houston Astros -129

View Analysis

3% Houston -129 (ACTION - as Angles have used a reliever in the 1st inning recently)
Game: (963) Los Angeles Dodgers at (964) San Diego Padres
Date/Time: May 4 2019 8:40 PM EDT
Betting Line Provider: William Hill
Play: Los Angeles Dodgers -115

View Analysis

#963 3* LA Dogers w/ Hill -115 SD w/ Luccehsi 5:40

Tokens
TONY FINN BASEBALL PLAYS

FINN MLB SAT NIITE TRIPLEHEADER GAME 1
Game: (955) Washington Nationals at (956) Philadelphia Phillies
Date/Time: May 4 2019 7:05 PM EDT
Betting Line Provider: Pinnacle
Play: Total Under 8.5 (-113)

View Analysis

PLAY: Under the Total of 8.5 (good to 8)
4% game rating
LIST PITCHER: Corbin and Arrieta

(955) Washington Nationals at (956) Philadelphia Phillies
It is with no hesitation that I start this Saturday night analysis of a game that takes place in hitter-friendly Philadelphia that you can toss Corbin's last start off the stat sheet and call it anything you want, save a representation of the pitcher he currently is. Corbin allowed six runs in five innings versus a St Louis Cardinals offense that is capable, but one that has not hit left-handed pitching with any success, this season. It was, his last start, the most runs he had given up in a single start in more than a year.
Not this year -- in MORE THAN (> than) an entire year.

Today he receives a number of favorable variables that give him a good chance to win the event despite the injuries to the Nationals infield defense and their inability to score runs (hence the play on the total).

To the point -- Monday’s six-run fifth inning ended Patrick Corbin's stretch of quality starts - with five of those runs when six consecutive batters reached in the inning. Yes, five runs in six batters.

First note he gave up a home run against a hitter he took for granted -- Harrison Bader -- a light hitting Bader mind you that started the mindless pitching that Corbin experienced in that six batter stretch. Corbin entered the game with a 2.48 ERA and following back-to-back gems. He allowed just nine earned runs this season before the six last Monday. Going back further Corbin had allowed six runs in an outing just once in his previous 41 starts.

Ask a straight shooter like Corbin if he was bad on the mound and he will state such. This night, in the post-game presser, he went as far as to detail the performance -- that as I outlined in the above analysis was a six batter stretch in which me was thinking about something other than pitching -- a pitching-brain-fart if you will.

“I thought the ball was coming out good,” Corbin said. “I thought I had a sharp slider. I was happy with how my stuff was. Just with two outs there, lefty up, gotta just do a better job there. Didn't really throw too many close pitches there and they were able to start a rally. It's a good offense over there. They have a lot of guys with some power, so you gotta minimize mistakes there. I put myself in trouble with those couple walks there and kind of just led to a big inning for them.”

Corbin had one of those stretches that he rarely has.. Not a bad night, per se, but simply a lapse in focus and a bad inning, or six batters.

Note that Corbin’s batted ball profile from last season saw him give up hard contact -- he posted a 41.7% hard hit rate with a 27% line drive rate and 7% IF/FB ratio -- last season. Most pitchers can't live high on the hog with these percentages but Corbin can and did. And the reason for such is his slider, the swings and misses he gets from the pitch in combination with his K percentage.

Corbin registered a .304 BABIP and 6.3% HR/FB ratio a season ago. To give you an idea of what to compare this to, a 120 million dollar free agent pitcher, is to that of Mets Zack Wheeler, who posted a 24.8% hard hit rate a year ago.

I would suggest that he would experience some regression on balls in play but the move to the NL, his first season, it is unlikely he will, in truth. Corbin has also done what good pitchers do and that is adjust his arsenal -- this to stay ahead of opposing hitters learning curve -- and his 2019 changeup is that pitch.

The Philles added a left-handed 300 million dollar free agent to their lineup this year -- following a season when they hit less home runs against southpaws.. well than everyone in the league... save the Detroit Tigers, Miami Marlins and Chicago Cubs. Yes... the Phillies hit a total of just 34 home runs in 1316 official at-bats in 2018. This season they have eight in 240.

First the caveat to what is Jake Arrieta. The former Cy Young winner is pedestrian as a starting pitcher at this point in his career. He is everything but special, in terms of being who he once was, and that was elite. Arrieta has scuffled more this season than at any point in his career, in the early months. He struggled against the a Marlins offense that is -- bar none -- the least capable of ruining a pitcher's ERA than any other in the 2019 league. He allowed 5 runs on 9 hits and 2 walks while striking out 5 over 5 innings of work.

The 33 year-old comes into the game with a near 5.00 xFIP which in truth backs up my claim that he is not who he was and that he has overachieved in the first month of the season -- and has done so with numbers that are -- as stated, pedestrian.

His K/9 has dwindled to just 6.92 and his BB/9 sits at an unimpressive 3.46 while his 77.6% strand rate is noticeably higher than his career 71.8% clip. Batters have failed to record a hard-hit rate north of 30% against him in any season since he made his big-league debut, yet they’ve managed a 35.4% hard-hit rate against him so far this year. Meanwhile, the 15.6% soft-hit rate they’ve recorded is in line to be his career low.

The gold trimmed caveat in this game is that this Nationals offense is limited in their ability to expose opposing pitchers. They lack Zimmerman and Rendon in their lineup and other key pieces offensively... and this start is in truth a favorable one for a pitcher that is overvalued immensely, Arrieta.

Scheduled home plate umpire Chris Segal has a ridiculously large strike zone. He battles hitters at the plate each and every game, with his expanded zone. He benefits both starting pitchers

UNDER the TOTAL of 8.5 runs
FINN MLB SAT NIITE TRIPLEHEADER GAME 2
Game: (973) Houston Astros at (974) Los Angeles Angels
Date/Time: May 4 2019 7:10 PM EDT
Betting Line Provider: Bookmaker
Play: Houston Astros -122

View Analysis

PLAY: Houston Astros -122 (good to -140)
4% game rating
(973) Houston Astros at (974) Los Angeles Angels
LIST PITCHERS: Miley and Cahill

The following profile of Houston left-hander Wade Miley in pill form should be swallowed with a large drink of water. In a nutshell I don't want to paint a picture that Miley has morphed into an aging Andy Pettitte (who contrary to Miley did what all players did then when they needed a pick-me-up and that was juice). What Miley has done is the new trend in reinventing oneself. That is add a ptich or alter the routine of the delivery to homepalte.
Miley went 5.2 IP and gave up 1 ER on 6 H, 2 BB, and 3 K’s against the Indians in his last start. Miley has not allowed more than three runs in any of his six starts in 2019. The 32-year-old -- is a mere four strikeouts from 1,000 for his career -- and despite his consistent performance the past three weeks he is winless across four turns (0-1). However the Astros have been victorious .
The Strohs left has pitched well for the Astros to start 2019. He has pitched to roughly a1.17 WHIP. And while his SIERA is nearly a run higher than his ERA it is due in large part to who he has faced this season and the fact that those offenses put the ball in play reducing his success compared to free swinging lineups that are prone to swings and misses and higher chase rates.
As is the case for many big league arms they are better reality pitchers than those who also take part in the fantasy realm of MLB. The left isn't going to provide eye-popping strike out numbers. He won't pitch complete game shutouts. And wins and loses on his superior ratios -- which are driven by his batted ball luck due to the amount of contact that he gives up -- and thus picking and chosing Miley's opposing matchup every fifth day is favorable for those making baseball investments with their shop or local.
Miiley, who is 2-0 with a 2.01 ERA in three career outings versus the Angels, receives a large percentage of favor tonight against a Mike Trout led offense that is hitting less than .210 versus southpaws this year.
Even if Cahill were not showing signs of a pitcher that doesn't trust his stuff he would be a play against versus a Houston lineup that plain and simple knows the strikezone. And one that knows how to prepare for an opposing pitcher. Cahill couldn't be scuffling more this year than he has. Or could he? To note, Cahill has some uber intriguing peripherals. His 11.1% SwStr% is solid for a starting pitcher. However he is either throwing his sinker in the middle of the plate or missing badly all together. And thus the part of his game that doesn't fit in today's baseball... being a flyball pitcher in the age of home runs. Cahill's 45% FB rate doesn't work for who Trev is. And note that this years sample size isn't an aberration. His career FB rate is under 27% while his GB numbers are 55% in his career.
And while I would most likely suggest that one wait for the veteran Cahill to gain more command with that sinker the fact is he can't -- not if he doesn't throw it, or start it, in the strike zone and use it more than 25 percent of the time.

Cahill doesn't trust his stuff, bottom line. You can see it in his results, in his posture on the mound after walking a batter and most damning is he is throwing his career bread and butter only 26 percent of the time.

Cahill hasn't made it through five innings in his past three starts and at his best against a lesser Houston lineup - last year's injury riddled troupe, he pitched to a 4.05 ERA and 5.00 SIERRA in four starts against Houston last year.

HOUSTON ASTROS -122
FINN MLB SAT NIITE TRIPLEHEADER GAME 3
Game: (963) Los Angeles Dodgers at (964) San Diego Padres
Date/Time: May 4 2019 8:40 PM EDT
Betting Line Provider: Westgate
Play: Los Angeles Dodgers -114

View Analysis

PLAY: Los Angeles Dodgers -114 (good to -135)
4% game rating

LIST PITCHERS: Hill and Lucchesi

(963) Los Angeles Dodgers at (964) San Diego Padres

At this point, hell, at any point of Rich Hill's career he was never a pitcher that would benefit from added rest or coming off the DL fresh. Hill needs routine... work at a constant rate... resulting in consistency and command.
Granted that Hill's career numbers against San Diego came against lesser teams, especially offensively, than the 2019 version. But do not put too much stock in what the Padres have been able to do this year. This is an offense that ranks at the bottom of the league in on-base-percentage and batting average with runners in scoring position. Note Hill who is 6-1 with a 1.41 ERA in his last eight starts vs. the Padres, gets the ball tonight after his first start of the season after coming off the IL.

Hill made his season debut Sunday after recovering from a sprained right knee and allowed five runs in six innings of work. However, only one of the runs was earned. Allowing six runs against a Pittsburgh lineup that is arguably the softest in the league when facing left-handers would have been alarming.. but Hill suffered from errors in his debut.. toss the start out if for the reason it was his first off the injured list.

After the errors by his defense Hill retired the last 13 batters he faced. Consider that the Padres most dangerous bat, Wil Myers, is 3-for-23 with 12 strikeouts against Hill.

And Hill's one earned run allowed in six innings with six strikeouts came with zero signs that his knee strain is any longer an issue.

The 39-year old soft tossing southpaw needed that start to return to what is important to him, routine.

Lucchesi is currently tossing batting practice. The Padres left-hander was given a significant lead against a Nats offense that is hamstrung with injuries. He went on to allow four earned runs on nine hits over four innings. The southpaw has a 34-to-10 strikeout-to-walk ratio with four homers allowed across six starts covering 31 innings. And tonight he squares off against a lineup he faced three times as a rookie last season, going 0-3 with 8.53 ERA, while failing to pitch past the fifth inning in all three outings.

LA DODGERS -114

Tokens
ROB VENO BASEBALL PLAYS

Game: (951) St. Louis Cardinals at (952) Chicago Cubs
Date/Time: May 4 2019 4:05 PM EDT
Betting Line Provider: William Hill
Play: Total Over 8.5 (-110)

View Analysis

Game: (953) Atlanta Braves at (954) Miami Marlins
Date/Time: May 4 2019 6:10 PM EDT
Betting Line Provider: Westgate
Play: Atlanta Braves -1.5 (-105)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billcunninghamhomeloans
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com