Forum: College Football Forum - Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting NCAA football here. Sponsored by:

Thread: Big 12 Coaching Turnover

1. #1 Big 12 Coaching Turnover 
    RX Local
    Never before has the Big 12 (10 teams) had such a big turnover in head football
    coaches. Not even when the conference had fewer teams. Four of the ten Big 12
    teams went through spring drills with new coaches. Les Miles at Kansas and Chris
    Klieman at Kansas State both have won national championships, though at different
    levels. Matt Wells (Utah State) took over at Texas Tech and Neal Brown (Troy) has
    taken over at West Virginia. I'll predict right now that only one will have a winning
    season this year.

Welcome your comments....
    May we think of freedom, not as the right to do as we please, but the
    opportunity to do what is right.

RX Local
    New Kansas State coach Chris Klieman is used to winning after going 69-6 as head coach
    of North Dakota State. During his five years with NDS, he won four national championships.
    Kansas State signed Klieman to a six year contract worth $16.8 million. He'll make $2.3
    million his first year plus any bonus he might earn. The 51 year old Klieman has some serious
    depth issues with his first K-State team, especially at DB, RB, TE and LB. That much was
    obvious when he ask players at other positions to help in those spots. Good coach but he may
    struggle some his first year.

RX Junior
    Am I the only one who keeps confusing Matt Wells and Matt Campbell? I will be pulling for those guys plus ol' Les.

RX Local
    Ol' Les has his hands full. Taking over a Kansas program (6-42 last 4 years) is a big job for any
    coach, let alone a 65-year-old coming off a three year break. Miles will have 5 starters on offense
    and 6 on defense to build around. Keep in mind, these returning starters won only one conference
    game last year, so I use the 'build around' lightly. Kansas won 3 games last season and may not best
    that mark this season. They better win the first two...…………..

Indiana State.....Coastal Carolina.....@Boston College.....West Virginia.....@TCU.....Oklahoma.....
    @Texas.....Kansas State.....@Oklahoma State.....@Iowa State.....Baylor

Like you, I'm pulling for Ol' Lester...…………………..