Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: the highs and lows of the vice we love

  1. #1 the highs and lows of the vice we love 
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Posts
    64,796
    Gambling is such a bitch. I have a nice two month run, March and April, and receive decent payouts. Nothing that changes anything in my life, but I'm feeling like a decent capper

    Turn the page to May, I can't pick my nose. The C's go down in flames. In baseball, I'm down 3-0 no later than the 2nd inning on my way to one blow out loss after another. If it's not a blowout, then it's a blowjob when my closer chokes. Again, my losses don't change a thing in my life, but now I'm like WTF?

    How does this happen? How can there be such extremes in such a short period of time? I went out of my way to make sure I didn't change anything on my approach, but what was working ain't working anymore

    Kinda like the economy I suppose, there's always going to be another recession




    PS: I like hot streaks a hell of a lot more, just saying
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    RX Local kidman232's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    purgatory
    Posts
    22,844
    Watched a guy win 21 straight on a facebook group, then he went 2-8 in his next picks. Call it blind luck, bad breaks, it all just seems to even out, sometimes quicker than we hope. Ill be up 50% on my account, making 20-30 plays, by the end of next week im in the hole.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,846
    If you don't mind me asking, what book you using?


    And, yes, I had the A's up a run in bottom 10th.... 0-2 count... and you guessed it, closer lost his shit.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    RX Junior TNVOLFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    UPPER EAST TN.
    Posts
    3,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    Gambling is such a bitch. I have a nice two month run, March and April, and receive decent payouts. Nothing that changes anything in my life, but I'm feeling like a decent capper

    Turn the page to May, I can't pick my nose. The C's go down in flames. In baseball, I'm down 3-0 no later than the 2nd inning on my way to one blow out loss after another. If it's not a blowout, then it's a blowjob when my closer chokes. Again, my losses don't change a thing in my life, but now I'm like WTF?

    How does this happen? How can there be such extremes in such a short period of time? I went out of my way to make sure I didn't change anything on my approach, but what was working ain't working anymore

    Kinda like the economy I suppose, there's always going to be another recession




    PS: I like hot streaks a hell of a lot more, just saying

    This gambling thing we choose to participate in is very humbling to say the least
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    Gambling is such a bitch. I have a nice two month run, March and April, and receive decent payouts. Nothing that changes anything in my life, but I'm feeling like a decent capper

    Turn the page to May, I can't pick my nose. The C's go down in flames. In baseball, I'm down 3-0 no later than the 2nd inning on my way to one blow out loss after another. If it's not a blowout, then it's a blowjob when my closer chokes. Again, my losses don't change a thing in my life, but now I'm like WTF?

    How does this happen? How can there be such extremes in such a short period of time? I went out of my way to make sure I didn't change anything on my approach, but what was working ain't working anymore

    Kinda like the economy I suppose, there's always going to be another recession




    PS: I like hot streaks a hell of a lot more, just saying
    Its May so you have TOO much time on your hands and you are overthinking!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    south florida
    Posts
    2,184
    B/c you make foolish wagers on the celts vs bucks when you bet with your heart and not your head haha
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Auburn WA
    Posts
    13,345
    Stick with the $5 bets.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Posts
    64,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post
    B/c you make foolish wagers on the celts vs bucks when you bet with your heart and not your head haha
    I thought the C's would have yet another special post season, I was wrong. And i wish that was all I lost, would have started this thread
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Posts
    64,796
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine11 View Post
    Stick with the $5 bets.
    You can't be talking to me
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    RX Junior WhiteyBulger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Naples
    Posts
    405
    Good post. Sports betting is so random. It’s ping pong balls, it’s lotto. But the money management is what’s real. It’s taken decades for me to learn that. Money
    management.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Posts
    64,796
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteyBulger View Post
    Good post. Sports betting is so random. It’s ping pong balls, it’s lotto. But the money management is what’s real. It’s taken decades for me to learn that. Money
    management.
    I concur, right now I've scaled back the size of my bets to 20 - 25 % of where I was just a couple of weeks ago
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    RX Wizard
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    14,532
    Our first mistake was thinking that the Cs could crank it up when they vanquished the Bucks in game one. Not. Kyrie is a cancer. Really, really hope they move him out. And let Rozier go with him.

    Danny's job didn't get any easier when the Cs got the worst possible slot in the lottery.

    You'll bounce, Willie. Bad beats are collateral damage for what we do.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Posts
    64,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    I thought the C's would have yet another special post season, I was wrong. And i wish that was all I lost, would have started this thread
    "Would NOT have started this thread"

    One little word changes everything
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #14  
    RX Junior WhiteyBulger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Naples
    Posts
    405
    Great stuff. This all is true
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #15  
    fbi X-Files's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    hollywood north
    Posts
    12,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post

    How does this happen? How can there be such extremes in such a short period of time?
    Because it is possible & bound to happen sooner or later.

    Why not lower your wager sizes by a percentage or incrementally when you're on a hot streak? Knowing that you are going to cool off & gravitate towards your true efficiency. No one wins -110 bets at a 60% rate long term.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •