Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: the highs and lows of the vice we love

1. #1 the highs and lows of the vice we love 
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Gambling is such a bitch. I have a nice two month run, March and April, and receive decent payouts. Nothing that changes anything in my life, but I'm feeling like a decent capper

Turn the page to May, I can't pick my nose. The C's go down in flames. In baseball, I'm down 3-0 no later than the 2nd inning on my way to one blow out loss after another. If it's not a blowout, then it's a blowjob when my closer chokes. Again, my losses don't change a thing in my life, but now I'm like WTF?

How does this happen? How can there be such extremes in such a short period of time? I went out of my way to make sure I didn't change anything on my approach, but what was working ain't working anymore

Kinda like the economy I suppose, there's always going to be another recession

PS: I like hot streaks a hell of a lot more, just saying
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"

Watched a guy win 21 straight on a facebook group, then he went 2-8 in his next picks. Call it blind luck, bad breaks, it all just seems to even out, sometimes quicker than we hope. Ill be up 50% on my account, making 20-30 plays, by the end of next week im in the hole.

RX Wizard
    If you don't mind me asking, what book you using?

And, yes, I had the A's up a run in bottom 10th.... 0-2 count... and you guessed it, closer lost his shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    Gambling is such a bitch. I have a nice two month run, March and April, and receive decent payouts. Nothing that changes anything in my life, but I'm feeling like a decent capper

Turn the page to May, I can't pick my nose. The C's go down in flames. In baseball, I'm down 3-0 no later than the 2nd inning on my way to one blow out loss after another. If it's not a blowout, then it's a blowjob when my closer chokes. Again, my losses don't change a thing in my life, but now I'm like WTF?

How does this happen? How can there be such extremes in such a short period of time? I went out of my way to make sure I didn't change anything on my approach, but what was working ain't working anymore

This gambling thing we choose to participate in is very humbling to say the least

RX Junior

Its May so you have TOO much time on your hands and you are overthinking!!

RX Junior
    B/c you make foolish wagers on the celts vs bucks when you bet with your heart and not your head haha

RX Wizard
    Stick with the $5 bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post
    B/c you make foolish wagers on the celts vs bucks when you bet with your heart and not your head haha
    I thought the C's would have yet another special post season, I was wrong. And i wish that was all I lost, would have started this thread
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine11 View Post
    Stick with the $5 bets.
    You can't be talking to me

Good post. Sports betting is so random. It’s ping pong balls, it’s lotto. But the money management is what’s real. It’s taken decades for me to learn that. Money
    management.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteyBulger View Post
    Good post. Sports betting is so random. It’s ping pong balls, it’s lotto. But the money management is what’s real. It’s taken decades for me to learn that. Money
    management.
    I concur, right now I've scaled back the size of my bets to 20 - 25 % of where I was just a couple of weeks ago

RX Wizard
    Our first mistake was thinking that the Cs could crank it up when they vanquished the Bucks in game one. Not. Kyrie is a cancer. Really, really hope they move him out. And let Rozier go with him.

Danny's job didn't get any easier when the Cs got the worst possible slot in the lottery.

You'll bounce, Willie. Bad beats are collateral damage for what we do.

I thought the C's would have yet another special post season, I was wrong. And i wish that was all I lost, would have started this thread
    "Would NOT have started this thread"

One little word changes everything

Great stuff. This all is true

How does this happen? How can there be such extremes in such a short period of time?
    Because it is possible & bound to happen sooner or later.

Why not lower your wager sizes by a percentage or incrementally when you're on a hot streak? Knowing that you are going to cool off & gravitate towards your true efficiency. No one wins -110 bets at a 60% rate long term.