Forum: NFL Football Forum - Sponsored by: WagerWeb - get your 100% bonus here!
Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting NFL football here.

Thread: Most impressive NFL player in the past 5 or so years?

1. #1 Most impressive NFL player in the past 5 or so years? 
    RX Member
    Put all biases aside and be 100% objective.

I think Tom Brady is definitely top 3 most impressive! Not a big fan of him, but I give credit where due and he has been amazing.

Who impressed you the most recently? and why?

RX Junior
    Aaron Donalds ability to change a game from an inside rushing position is incredible to me. you expect the Qb to have an impact on the game. even an edge rusher can take over a game but for a guy to come up the middle and change the game like he can is astonishing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lukerockhold View Post
    I think Tom Brady is definitely top 3 most impressive! Not a big fan of him, but I give credit where due and he has been amazing.
    Brady has a 6 game headstart on the rest of the league. Jets, Bills, and Dolphins.

Aaron Rodgers has been impressive at times when he wanted to be.

He'll be only 2 years in, but Barkley will be talked about in the league's elite talent for years to come. He will overtake Bell, Elliott, Gurley as the league's elite RB when it's all said and done....of course barring any injuries or set backs

RX Junior
    I was blown away by Pat Mahomes last season.

It was fun watching him as I got lucky and drafted him on my fantasy football team

RX Junior
    Alvin Kamara

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post
    I was blown away by Pat Mahomes last season.

It was fun watching him as I got lucky and drafted him on my fantasy football team
    I love Mahomes too! But the Andy Reid offense has a ton to do with his stat output...no way he puts up those numbers with any other team. Maybe Rams with McVay. Mahomes won't fall into the sophmore slump (1st year on the bench I know) he'll be a stud again, but definitely regression is inevitable. He won't throw for 50+ TD's again especially with the weapons lost mainly Hill, but definitely top 5 QB's

Khalil Mack

This man SINGLE HANDEDLY changed up the defense & defensive schemes. Yes, I am from Chicago. I am trying not to be bias since we have him now, but I loved him just as much when he was on the Raiders. The guy looks like a freaking BEAR. Glad he is playing for our city now.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintsFan1977 View Post
    Brady has a 6 game headstart on the rest of the league. Jets, Bills, and Dolphins.

Aaron Rodgers has been impressive at times when he wanted to be.

the Patriots have the best record in all games played outside of their division

the Patriots have the best record played in inter-conference games

the Patriots have the best record in football no matter how you slice the pie

the Patriots are even hitting 60% ATS since 2003, no close 2nd

the Patriots are winning at 77.5% since 2003, 49 more wins than the 2nd best team

and to your point, the Patriots are 150-45 in NON Division games, 42 more wins than the 2nd best team

since 2003, the Patriots win at 78.6% in division games and 76.9 % out of their division (and 77.5% overall)

It's all right here https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/tre...c=non_division

Their run will end, and that's going to suck , but this talk about the division making them great and diminishing their accomplishments is pure poppycock

PS: and when Brady wins the coin flip and gets the ball in OT in the post season, he scores a TD
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"

RX Junior
    Saquon barkley !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post

the Patriots are winning at 77.5% since 2003, 49 more wins than the 2nd best team

and to your point, the Patriots are 150-45 in NON Division games, 42 more wins than the 2nd best team

since 2003, the Patriots win at 78.6% in division games and 76.9 % out of their division (and 77.5% overall)

Their run will end, and that's going to suck , but this talk about the division making them great and diminishing their accomplishments is pure poppycock

PS: and when Brady wins the coin flip and gets the ball in OT in the post season, he scores a TD
    There are only a handful of teams in the AFC they have to compete with. Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Denver and Colts with Manning, and now KC. Their road to the playoffs was always easy. You can call it poppy cock but it's the truth. And if that wasn't enough, the officials were in their back pocket since 2002. They have a great team but they should when the entire conference sucks except for 4 teams.

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post

The patriots are 1-5 in the last 6 years straight up when playing at miami.

Too bad the dolphins suck vs everybody else.

Interesting week 2 matchup this season in 90 degree miami and the pats usually treat september like a preseason game. Dolphins plus the pts looks like the play right now

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post
    The patriots are 1-5 in the last 6 years straight up when playing at miami.

Too bad the dolphins suck vs everybody else.

Interesting week 2 matchup this season in 90 degree miami and the pats usually treat september like a preseason game. Dolphins plus the pts looks like the play right now
    That's fucked up, and it cost me a totals bet this year when they blew that game on the last play. The only totals and / or season ATS bet I've lost on them around here

They don't like playing in Miami, and they do suck early in the season too. I won't touch the Patriots in week 2
    "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter". "A rising tide raises all boats". "MAGA"

RX Senior
    Lots of great answers so far.

I go with Brady as my answer to “who the most impressive player over the last 5 years?” He is the constant for NE who just gets it done. Nothing phases him. What would be an incredible throw or drive for most qbs is routine for him. 3 Sb to go along 75 wins over last 5 seasons. Nobody else has more than 16.

Donald, Wagner, Miller, Keuchly and healthy Watt and Thomas have all been super impressive on defensive side.

Gronk has been impressive over last 5 despite injuries. Joe Thomas was impressive. Julio, Hopkins and Brown have all been impressive last 5.

RX Senior
    brady aaron donald and julio jones (jj i'm biased but i think elite consistency he is up there with anyone else)

RX Member
    i will attempt to steer away from the normal names here , how about Phillip Rivers ,his numbers are great .
    Impressive right , how about Travis Kelce and Leveon Bell.