Forum: MAIN FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Juwan Howard to be named new Michigan basketball coach

Pitino is 66 and brings obvious baggage..Howard is 46 and bring 0 baggage. I’d say long term, 100% Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bojangles View Post
    Cannot disagree more with you guys... will be fun to reply back to this thread the next few years. Howard is a way better option then hiring a mid major coach or the coach at Loyola... Howard stepping into a great situation from Beilein and will be able to recruit well... not sure where all the hate is coming from?

Dudes had a 19 year nba career and has been an assistant with one of the best cultures in the nba for 6 years..he can get interviews for nba head coaching jobs, but not Michigan’s job? Lol... lots of hate.

Lol facts. I just opened this thread and said I wonder if they are anti this hire.... and what do you know lmfao they are anti this hire bahahahhaah.

This is a group of losers you do not want to be arguing with. They are racist against their own shit that comes out their ass. They want it whiter.

Regardless of the outcome, of course he is fit for this job.

I didnt see many threads about Chris Mullens at St Johns

Pitino is 66 and brings obvious baggage..Howard is 46 and bring 0 baggage. I’d say long term, 100% Howard.

Lmfaooooo. Get these dumb fucks bro. Get em bahahahhaha hahahaha

RX Semi-God
    Howard has zero head coaching experience. Zero.

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    Lol facts. I just opened this thread and said I wonder if they are anti this hire.... and what do you know lmfao they are anti this hire bahahahhaah.

This is a group of losers you do not want to be arguing with. They are racist against their own shit that comes out their ass. They want it whiter.

Regardless of the outcome, of course he is fit for this job.

I didnt see many threads about Chris Mullens at St Johns
    It took you one day to call people "racists" because they question a hire for a top 10 basketball program.

Do you have no shame?

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    Howard has zero head coaching experience. Zero.

Hes a high profile alum with plenty of coaching experience. On the highest level. Just surround yourself with veteran assistants and you will be fine.

St. John's went a different route when it hired a famous alum to lead the basketball program. Chris Mullin surrounded himself with relatively young, relatively inexperienced assistants whose primarily skills were in recruiting. Mullin stepped down in April after four seasons in which he posted a 59-73 record.

where were the threads!?!?!?!?!?!?

RX Semi-God
    Hes a high profile alum with plenty of coaching experience. On the highest level. Just surround yourself with veteran assistants and you will be fine.
    He's never been a head coach anywhere. There's a big difference from being an assistant to being the man in the Big 10 and one of the top rated coaching jobs in America.

RX Semi-God
    St. John's went a different route when it hired a famous alum to lead the basketball program. Chris Mullin surrounded himself with relatively young, relatively inexperienced assistants whose primarily skills were in recruiting. Mullin stepped down in April after four seasons in which he posted a 59-73 record.

where were the threads!?!?!?!?!?!?
    St. John's is as high profile as Michigan? These two programs are worlds apart and that matters. For the record, I think Mullin blows too.

I’m probably 57% on the positive side of his hiring
    GO LEAFS GO

St. John's is as high profile as Michigan? These two programs are worlds apart and that matters. For the record, I think Mullin blows too.

You have to expect former players going back to coach their schools. That’s what is going on. Patrick Ewing also was an assistant for 15 years in the Nba. He got a gig with Georgetown...his alum.

Are you saying because these guys have never technically had a head coaching job that no matter what they will fail? It’s a shame you don’t realize how stupid that sounds.

Soemtimes you hire the right guy for the job and put support around him to help everyone succeed. If he is so incapable and stubborn to refuse to take people’s advice then that’s different. But Chris Mullen’s put inexperienced assistants around him hoping that the players would make all the difference if they recruited amazingly.

If you are a big name...you will have people already wanting to come play for you because of who you are. Not because you have talented recruiters on your staff. Your name is what will sell. Mullen’s fucked up in that aspect.

The coaches without a big name need to focus more on recruiting. Like Maryland. Too bad he can’t coach. But he can recruit.

Penny Hardaway is about to put Memphis back on the map.

RX Semi-God
    You have to expect former players going back to coach their schools. Thatís what is going on. Patrick Ewing also was an assistant for 15 years in the Nba. He got a gig with Georgetown...his alum.

Are you saying because these guys have never technically had a head coaching job that no matter what they will fail? Itís a shame you donít realize how stupid that sounds.

Soemtimes you hire the right guy for the job and put support around him to help everyone succeed. If he is so incapable and stubborn to refuse to take peopleís advice then thatís different. But Chris Mullenís put inexperienced assistants around him hoping that the players would make all the difference if they recruited amazingly.

If you are a big name...you will have people already wanting to come play for you because of who you are. Not because you have talented recruiters on your staff. Your name is what will sell. Mullenís fucked up in that aspect.

The coaches without a big name need to focus more on recruiting. Like Maryland. Too bad he canít coach. But he can recruit.

Penny Hardaway is about to put Memphis back on the map.
    And Patrick Ewing sucks as does Penny Hardaway. Penny can get all the talent in the world but can they coach? Signs point to no.

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying Juwan Howard needs to prove himself at a much lower level as a head coach to even be considered for a head coaching job. He's way over his head.

Juwan Howard is a big name. So what? He's never coached a jockstrap let alone a Big 10 powerhouse program.

the fact that you're suggesting this guy to surround himself with veteran assistants kinda confirms what we're saying here.. in over his head

Quote Originally Posted by RED EYE View Post
    the fact that you're suggesting this guy to surround himself with veteran assistants kinda confirms what we're saying here.. in over his head

Do you only hire old experienced people at every job that requires experience?

Sometimes like I said...you hire the right guy for the job and put a support system around him to try to make everyone successful in that situation.

College isnt all about experience and credentials. It’s about money. And generating money. It’s a business.

Sometimes you have start somewhere. And fortunately for these former successful players, they get a leg up on the competition because they know the game.....understand the significance of powerhouse basketball. They’ve been through it. Can offer that experience to younger players. That’s a comfort as a player...knowing you have someone who has been through the wars.

Btw...he was an all star in the nba. He has learned under some great coaches. Spent a lot of time with pat riley and Erik spoltra.

Lol the guy is very capable. He has blessings from the former coach. Worked with Steve fisher. Is branded by Jordan...which the school is also branded by.

At some point in your professional career after spending many many years as an assistant learning....at some point you will become a head coach lol. And when your school comes calling for an interview....itís a perfect place for him. You guys look too much at whatís going to happen instead of why they did it. It makes plenty of sense. Only a racist idiot would have a problem with this hire. Itís a fucking layup.

And Patrick Ewing sucks as does Penny Hardaway. Penny can get all the talent in the world but can they coach? Signs point to no.

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying Juwan Howard needs to prove himself at a much lower level as a head coach to even be considered for a head coaching job. He's way over his head.

Juwan Howard is a big name. So what? He's never coached a jockstrap let alone a Big 10 powerhouse program.

you know nothing. Trust me on that one. Keep talking like you do tho

RX Senior
    Michigan now has Harbaugh and Howard as head coaches.

I wonder if any other school has former alums as both head coaches in football and hoops? And if so, did they both make the nfl and nba?

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post

I wonder if any other school has former alums as both head coaches in football and hoops? And if so, did they both make the nfl and nba?
    I believe they are the only major program with active alums heading up both football and basketball.

How many times do we hear.....”that coach has never played basketball, I can’t respect this guy.”

Or they think because a coach rode the bench in the league. Or only played in college or high school that he doesn’t know the game. If you are a basketball player and you have a coach who doesn’t have experience as a player....you are not going to give him proper respect. That’s just is what it is. This is sports man. You guys think this is some rocket scientist gig. Nah man. Wise up

Lebron and other players have probably said that about more than half of their coaches.

RX Junior

What signs point to no? Memphis had a pretty decent season last year in Hardawayís first season and they now have the number one recruiting class in the country by a significant margin. This isnít Kentucky weíre talking about, itís Memphis. Iím not ready to say the guy can flat out coach, but I would say the signs have been positive and the impact on recruiting has been immense.

Quote Originally Posted by ERockMoney View Post
    What signs point to no? Memphis had a pretty decent season last year in Hardaway’s first season and they now have the number one recruiting class in the country by a significant margin. This isn’t Kentucky we’re talking about, it’s Memphis. I’m not ready to say the guy can flat out coach, but I would say the signs have been positive and the impact on recruiting has been immense.

Lol don’t tell him stuff that real sports enthusiasts know. He’s fucking clueless. Just talks out his ass non stop on here. Just to argue...no real legit observations. He’s a moron. Like many others here.

Banned
    Leave it to some that actually would think Howard has a clue.

always the antifa crowd.

howard has 0% chance of having a successful tenure at Michigan

not even a debatable topic

Quote Originally Posted by The Greatest One View Post
    Leave it to some that actually would think Howard has a clue.

always the antifa crowd.

howard has 0% chance of having a successful tenure at Michigan

not even a debatable topic

Yeah black people cant throw a football either

Or let me rephrase.....they donít have the brains for the position, right?

Banned
    Juwan Howard was an affirmative action hire made by a guy that shouldn’t be
    making those decisions in the first place.

you have leaders and laborers.

howard is to be used as a laborer like obama should be used as a laborer

brad Stevens is a leader. A thinker. A visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post

Now all they need to do is get Barry Larkin for Baseball and Marty Turco for Hockey
    GO LEAFS GO