Forum: NBA Basketball Forum - Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting the NBA & WNBA here.

Thread: large for me

  1. #1 large for me 
    RX Junior Huego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,111
    2nd half

    5* Toronto -5 -102
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    RX Junior Huego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,111
    wtfuck? i was already spending the $500 in my head

    biggest choke job in the finals

    with less than 3 minutes left, toronto was -1200 ML live betting.

    wowowow are you kidding me...

    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    America
    Posts
    3,377
    That timeout they called fckin ruined their momentum. Moronic coaching Pos
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    RX Local Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    20,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter03 View Post
    That timeout they called fckin ruined their momentum. Moronic coaching Pos

    What is momentum though bro? And how did the warriors lose theirs? Werenít they up the entire game until the final 5 minutes? So how does their momentum just vanish? I donít get that.


    The timeout is getting too much attention. They would have lost the timeout if he didnít use it. It vanished under 3 minutes. Nick Nurse is an amazing coach.

    The two best shooters in the world hit 3 clutch shots. And Klay switched on Leonard and he didnít score again.


    The mistake really happened on the last play down 1. Why there was no timeout there to dictate where Kawhi catches the ball. That was the problem/mistake. And they settle for a corner contested 3 from Lowry....who is playing lights out btw
    Accomplished
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    America
    Posts
    3,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    What is momentum though bro? And how did the warriors lose theirs? Weren’t they up the entire game until the final 5 minutes? So how does their momentum just vanish? I don’t get that.


    The timeout is getting too much attention. They would have lost the timeout if he didn’t use it. It vanished under 3 minutes. Nick Nurse is an amazing coach.

    The two best shooters in the world hit 3 clutch shots. And Klay switched on Leonard and he didn’t score again.


    The mistake really happened on the last play down 1. Why there was no timeout there to dictate where Kawhi catches the ball. That was the problem/mistake. And they settle for a corner contested 3 from Lowry....who is playing lights out btw
    basketball as we know is a game of runs
    Kawhi was RED HOT in those 2 minutes he scored I think 9 points and they had a 6 point lead.
    why call a timeout to give them rest when he was clearly on fire.
    I understand if GS called a timeout, but for Toronto to call a TO when Kawhi had red hot hands
    was a complete mistake.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    America
    Posts
    3,377
    When I saw momentum, I mean When a player catches fire
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    RX Senior Mosi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Land of the Big Rat
    Posts
    5,668
    Kawhi was exhausted when the Timeout was called. And he was their only realistic chance.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    RX Local Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    20,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter03 View Post
    basketball as we know is a game of runs
    Kawhi was RED HOT in those 2 minutes he scored I think 9 points and they had a 6 point lead.
    why call a timeout to give them rest when he was clearly on fire.
    I understand if GS called a timeout, but for Toronto to call a TO when Kawhi had red hot hands
    was a complete mistake.


    Golden st were answering Torontoís run all game. Led the entire game until Kawhi went on a 10-0 run himself.

    If he was dead tired. That timeout makes sense.

    I just donít agree with ďon fireĒ. He was struggling all night. He shot terrible. So I donít really know what classified as ďon fireĒ then.

    I dont believe momentum exists at all. Thereís no real proof of it. Game of runs isnít momentum to me. Itís a game of runs. Itís basketball.


    I think he had a good stretch. But before he went on that 10-0 run he wasnít very good. And after he went on that 10 run he was back to being not very good.

    Klay Thompson hit 7 three pointers out of 13 attempts from 3. One he was fouled on and didnít get called.


    Kawhi shot 9-24 2-7 from 3 pt range. I think the only 2 three pointers he made was in that 10-0 stretch.

    Klay was more on fire technically and I donít think a timeout is going to stop anyone from being ďon fireĒ

    Dont you think that is just a players averages leveling out instead of being ďon fireĒ? Because does anyone expect Kawhi to go 0-7 from three?




    Iím just not buying that talk. There was once a hot team called the New England patriots who were 18-0. And once they lost to a 9-7 NEw York Giants everyone said....ĒOh because the Giants were HOT.Ē

    Lmao how is a 9-7 team more ďon fireĒ than a 18-0 team? Momentum doesnít exist. People still have to make the play. You canít just throw up anything and it goes in.
    Accomplished
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    America
    Posts
    3,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    Golden st were answering Toronto’s run all game. Led the entire game until Kawhi went on a 10-0 run himself.

    If he was dead tired. That timeout makes sense.

    I just don’t agree with “on fire”. He was struggling all night. He shot terrible. So I don’t really know what classified as “on fire” then.

    I dont believe momentum exists at all. There’s no real proof of it. Game of runs isn’t momentum to me. It’s a game of runs. It’s basketball.


    I think he had a good stretch. But before he went on that 10-0 run he wasn’t very good. And after he went on that 10 run he was back to being not very good.

    Klay Thompson hit 7 three pointers out of 13 attempts from 3. One he was fouled on and didn’t get called.


    Kawhi shot 9-24 2-7 from 3 pt range. I think the only 2 three pointers he made was in that 10-0 stretch.

    Klay was more on fire technically and I don’t think a timeout is going to stop anyone from being “on fire”

    Dont you think that is just a players averages leveling out instead of being “on fire”? Because does anyone expect Kawhi to go 0-7 from three?




    I’m just not buying that talk. There was once a hot team called the New England patriots who were 18-0. And once they lost to a 9-7 NEw York Giants everyone said....”Oh because the Giants were HOT.”

    Lmao how is a 9-7 team more “on fire” than a 18-0 team? Momentum doesn’t exist. People still have to make the play. You can’t just throw up anything and it goes in.


    on fire was an exaggeration.. but he was hot, scored a 3 in Iggy's face, possession right after drove it in banked it with Iggy all over him, and the possession after that NAILED a 3 right in cousins face. 8 points in a row from him is heating up... nurse calls a time out, he didn't hit one after that.

    i agree he played the worst in the playoffs in game 5, but during those 2 minutes he scored 8 points and did not look like him, or the team needed a time out.

    time out cools players down, which is exactly what happened. When a team goes on a run, you don't think they are gaining momentum?
    I don't agree with you. I'm sure youve played sports, and when you start getting hot, that team usually has the momentum for the time being.

    Klay was on fire the whole game i agree, but he was consistently hitting shots. Kawhi caught his rhythm late in the game, and coach should of let the team play.
    If klay scores 10 points on back to back to back possessions, how many coaches in the NBA would call a time out? I would think 9 out of 10...
    Which coach would call that time out? the OPPOSING coach... not steve kerr.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    RX Junior
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    America
    Posts
    3,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    Golden st were answering Toronto’s run all game. Led the entire game until Kawhi went on a 10-0 run himself.

    If he was dead tired. That timeout makes sense.

    I just don’t agree with “on fire”. He was struggling all night. He shot terrible. So I don’t really know what classified as “on fire” then.

    I dont believe momentum exists at all. There’s no real proof of it. Game of runs isn’t momentum to me. It’s a game of runs. It’s basketball.


    I think he had a good stretch. But before he went on that 10-0 run he wasn’t very good. And after he went on that 10 run he was back to being not very good.

    Klay Thompson hit 7 three pointers out of 13 attempts from 3. One he was fouled on and didn’t get called.


    Kawhi shot 9-24 2-7 from 3 pt range. I think the only 2 three pointers he made was in that 10-0 stretch.

    Klay was more on fire technically and I don’t think a timeout is going to stop anyone from being “on fire”

    Dont you think that is just a players averages leveling out instead of being “on fire”? Because does anyone expect Kawhi to go 0-7 from three?




    I’m just not buying that talk. There was once a hot team called the New England patriots who were 18-0. And once they lost to a 9-7 NEw York Giants everyone said....”Oh because the Giants were HOT.”

    Lmao how is a 9-7 team more “on fire” than a 18-0 team? Momentum doesn’t exist. People still have to make the play. You can’t just throw up anything and it goes in.



    Apples to oranges
    NFL is not even half as fast as basketball
    basketball is a game of runs
    football isn't
    no way is that comparison the same bro
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    RX Local Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    20,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter03 View Post
    [/B]


    Apples to oranges
    NFL is not even half as fast as basketball
    basketball is a game of runs
    football isn't
    no way is that comparison the same bro

    Yeah but I am just using that as an example of why momentum and being ďhotĒ is just something we use to describe what we are seeing. Itís not really anything. There is no momentum- itís more about matchups and game planning and adjustments and being able to execute the best. Those are good players on the other side man you have to give them credit. Canít just say the momentum was killed and the game is over. Nick nurse is an excellent coach and they are going to win this series. Just wasnít meant to be in 5
    Accomplished
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    RX Local Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    20,624
    I believe in fate- which to me is simply....matchups, injuries, experiences, ref manipulation/ref bias, game film studying, quality of player, quality of coach, all of this is part of that particular game. I don’t consider momentum one of those things. It’s just some intangible mythical thing everyone points to for winning and losing games lol. Not buying it.
    Accomplished
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    RX Local Mobdeeper7239's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    20,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter03 View Post
    on fire was an exaggeration.. but he was hot, scored a 3 in Iggy's face, possession right after drove it in banked it with Iggy all over him, and the possession after that NAILED a 3 right in cousins face. 8 points in a row from him is heating up... nurse calls a time out, he didn't hit one after that.

    i agree he played the worst in the playoffs in game 5, but during those 2 minutes he scored 8 points and did not look like him, or the team needed a time out.

    time out cools players down, which is exactly what happened. When a team goes on a run, you don't think they are gaining momentum?
    I don't agree with you. I'm sure youve played sports, and when you start getting hot, that team usually has the momentum for the time being.

    Klay was on fire the whole game i agree, but he was consistently hitting shots. Kawhi caught his rhythm late in the game, and coach should of let the team play.
    If klay scores 10 points on back to back to back possessions, how many coaches in the NBA would call a time out? I would think 9 out of 10...
    Which coach would call that time out? the OPPOSING coach... not steve kerr.

    I hear what you’re saying. But I think that has to do with his lack of experience in that moment. Maybe up 3-1 in the series, up 6 in a close out game to win it all you don’t call that timeout.

    I guess “on fire” for Klay is like 26 in a qtr. But I’m just saying HE is THAT good. That’s not momentum to me. Leonard has played out of his mind in this playoffs sometimes for the entire game. He didn’t have it except for a stretch. I’ve had games like that plenty where I had good stretches but didn’t have good games.

    Who is to say with Leonard being tired as hell that without the timeout, he would have made any of those shots that he missed after the timeout?

    What happened out of the timeout....Kawhi drove and Draymond picked up his 5th foul. Then yelled to Klay to switch with him. Klay switched and stripped him. He continued to play good defense on him the final 2:30. He’s their best on ball defender and played a better game than Leonard did I thought.

    This isnt Michael Jordan vs Byron Russel or something. Klay can strap
    Accomplished
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •