Forum: College Football Forum - Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting NCAA football here. Sponsored by:

Thread: Ranking Big 12 Coaches

1. #1 Ranking Big 12 Coaches 
    RX Wizard
    CBS Sports ranks Big 12 football coaches.

1. Lincoln Riley, (Oklahoma) - Has coached the Sooners to a pair of College Football
    Championship appearances.

2. Gary Patterson, (TCU) - One of the most respected defensive minds in college
    football today.

3. Mike Gundy, (Oklahoma State) - His 180 wins are the most in program history.
    Now if he could only recruit like Oklahoma does.

4. Tom Herman, (Texas) - The big question is whether he'll win enough, soon enough
    for rabid Longhorn supporters.

5. Matt Campbell, (Iowa State) - ISU is not an easy place to win and Campbell has
    posted back-to-back 8 win seasons.

6. Matt Rhule, (Baylor) - One of college footballs best active program builders.

7. Neal Brown, (West Virginia) - First year coach is a good fit culturally in Morgantown.
    The guy can coach offense.

8. Les Miles, (Kansas) - Does ole Les still have it to get the conference doormat to
    a bowl game?

9. Matt Wells, (Texas Tech) - He had a .560 winning percentage at Utah State including
    two 10 win seasons.

10. Chris Klieman, (Kansas State) - Won four national championships at North Dakota
    State. Following Snyder won't be easy.

Welcome your thoughts on these rankings.....
    "There's no traffic on the extra mile." (Old Coach)

RX Junior
    I don't know. There are a lot of good coaches there, but why is Riley first? I'd put him behind Campbell and Wells at least, and probably Klieman and Miles and Patterson. Miles won a national title at a lesser football school than Oklahoma, so why should we be impressed with Riley's fourth-place finishes?

I think that may be an accurate list
    2010 Totals: College Basketball: 58-38 YTD +26.35 units | Baseball 73-64 +11.45 units NFL 34-22+18.68 units College Football 75-64+17.30 units

RX Wizard
    One coach that intrigues me is Kansas State's Chris Klieman. The guy was 69-6 at North
    Dakota State so he knows how to win. He takes over a KS team that won five games last
    year but played opponents close in the losses. Offense was the problem averaging only 22
    points per game ranking last in the Big 12. If Klieman can get some improvement out of
    a defense that returns 10 starters...that should help the offense during the early games
    against Nicholls State and Bowling Green find itself, then he might just surprise a lot of folks
    in the Big 12 conference.

RX Wizard
    Another coach I'm beginning to like the more I learn about him is Texas Tech coach
    Matt Wells. Here's Wells commenting on the problems with so many kids transferring
    through the transfer portal.

"I'm not sure it's my job to keep them happy," Wells said. "I think it's my job to coach
    them hard, love them hard, be up front, be honest, be demanding yet respectful. If all of
    that stuff makes them happy, then that's the kind of kid I want in this program."

Amen coach!