Forum: Financial Investment Forum. - Discuss Stocks, Cryptocurrency, And Other Financial Investments

Thread: Stock market and investment musings

1. #1 Stock market and investment musings 
    RX Wizard
    ​anyone that would like to discuss investments - stock market - bitcoin - all welcome --
    stock market at all time highs now

RX Wizard
    banks looked good the last few days -- might be turning the corner here

Georgia .. 5 billion BBQ places , one good pizza place in the entire state
    i don't like banks with President Donald Trump saying on Tuesday he is going to nominate Judy Shelton and Christopher Waller to the Senate as Fed governor appointees. I also think online payments like WeChat Pay payment services are the future. I also think automation could kill 40-70 million U.S. jobs by 2030 to automation, I like companies who can operate across industries like Tesla or Amazon or Microsoft or google, banks are too stagnant.

RX Wizard
    I really just like the banks in the short term as they look to have turned the corner--
    they have been lagging the market for a year or so

RX Local
    Why do you think Shelton or Waller is problematic for banks? Their previous writings or opinions don't really matter as it pertains to fed policy, they're just going to do whatever is politically expedient or helps goose the market in the short-term. That's all the Fed ever does.

Its my understanding that Shelton, is not in agreement with the federal reserve, and recent actions, and recently argued against an overly active central banks.

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by smartmoneyfollower View Post
    Its my understanding that Shelton, is not in agreement with the federal reserve, and recent actions, and recently argued against an overly active central banks.
    They're going back to 0 sooner than later either way. Probably some form of QE after that (not sure what they will call it this time)

She might just get it there quicker but FOMC has already turned dovish anyway. Powell stopped trying to normalize 6 months ago.

i changed my tune bought and sold Bank of America today and will put it into my regular day trading rotation after leaning Bank of America announced that it has authorized up to $30.9 billion in stock buybacks over the 12-month period from July 2019 through June 2020. Being a US Trust client its good business for me

RX Wizard
    OSTK - Overstock.com - up 15% today

RX Junior
    Hubspot around 180 and RPD around 61. RPD has been a steady climber and Hubspot has been building a base the last few months after a big run up in January. Hedge funds have been all over these guys. INXN is also a slow and steady player in the cloud arena if your looking for a low volatility growth stock.

RX Wizard
    good info -- thanks EZ --
    gold has been doing well of late - -
    i think continued up move for the yellow metal in the works.
    I like the junior gold miners to do well here

Quote Originally Posted by Ezdoesit View Post
    Hubspot around 180 and RPD around 61. RPD has been a steady climber and Hubspot has been building a base the last few months after a big run up in January. Hedge funds have been all over these guys. INXN is also a slow and steady player in the cloud arena if your looking for a low volatility growth stock.

What Hubspot products do you use, and how much do they bill you for the use of their products. How has Hubspot helped your business grow, and how much, how much ROI have you received from using their product. What can you do now that you could not do before you purchased Hubspot services ?

RX Junior
    What Hubspot products do you use, and how much do they bill you for the use of their products. How has Hubspot helped your business grow, and how much, how much ROI have you received from using their product. What can you do now that you could not do before you purchased Hubspot services ?
    I personally don't use any products Hubspot offers as I have no use for them. If your really interested you can go to their website and will find much of information you are inquiring about, Investor relations tab is also in the top right corner. Please do your due diligence before investing in any stock, these are 3 that may deserve a closer look, let me know what you think. I personally like how this company is growing and all though I don't use their products, their customer base has been growing at a nice clip over the past few years. I may be blinded by the growth so I would love to hear what you find especially the cons.

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by Recon792 View Post
    good info -- thanks EZ --
    gold has been doing well of late - -
    i think continued up move for the yellow metal in the works.
    I like the junior gold miners to do well here
    Agree, which JM's though?

There seems to be pretty wide discrepancies in how those companies are run. As well as the regulatory challenges they face in different countries.

RX Wizard
    I actually like JNUG.... it's the leveraged 3x ETF

RX Local
    I like the bull case for commodities but don't really like messing with leverage as risk preference. I think if the bull thesis hits then the miners should 3-5x anyway and you can hold and be more patient whereas the leverage obviously has the decay and you really have to time it. And as we've seen peak gold in '11, that's not as easy to do as it looks.

RX Wizard
    Agreed.. I trade mostly options.... so the leverage helps in the short term

I flash trade , I buy 1000-4000 shares at a time and sell them when they go up .04-.10 cents, if the stock goes down i buy more, and sell the less expensive stock for a .10 per share profit. I do this 10-30 times a day on average. I don't touch stocks below 20$ i like the 40-90$ range because they have sufficient data on their daily volatility volume ect, and how far out their ex date is out. I only buy 2 stocks that don't pay a dividend amazon and google. I started doing this on TradePlus in 1986 buying 100 shares and waiting for it to go up a dollar. I buy most of my stock between 9:30 and 10:30 am and at 3:59 pm. I invest 75% in power power utilities that have solar parks, they are like printing money and telecom because worked in that field , even had my own routes and equipment in Mexico, and Africa and Jamaica so I know and the economics and the laws well. I don't have the risk tolerance for options,

RX Wizard
    very nice smart money .... work the plan thats best for you

RX Junior
    I flash trade , I buy 1000-4000 shares at a time and sell them when they go up .04-.10 cents, if the stock goes down i buy more, and sell the less expensive stock for a .10 per share profit. I do this 10-30 times a day on average. I don't touch stocks below 20$ i like the 40-90$ range because they have sufficient data on their daily volatility volume ect, and how far out their ex date is out. I only buy 2 stocks that don't pay a dividend amazon and google. I started doing this on TradePlus in 1986 buying 100 shares and waiting for it to go up a dollar. I buy most of my stock between 9:30 and 10:30 am and at 3:59 pm. I invest 75% in power power utilities that have solar parks, they are like printing money and telecom because worked in that field , even had my own routes and equipment in Mexico, and Africa and Jamaica so I know and the economics and the laws well. I don't have the risk tolerance for options,
    What happens when the stock doesn't go up? How long are you willing to hold the stock and how far down are you willing to go before selling? Do you have the ability to pick 100% winners? I like the idea for a small amount of my investments and have tried it before, problem is 1 bad pick or 1 bad market decline can wipe away days of profiting and then your chasing or locking yourself out of other opportunities. But if you have some insight in how to you minimize the negative I would love to hear it. Also the tax filing can get a little out of hand. For me investing in growth stocks and holding them until you see a few quarters in a row of declining growth has been the most sure fire way to profit. If you can find some quality growth stocks before the institutions buy up all the shares your fixing to make a pretty penny. If the stock goes down between 10-20% in a fair market, depending on the reason and how it will effect the companies continued growth, I will sell. There are enough baggers in growth stocks to make up that loss barring your not extremely unlucky. In a market decline I tend to hold pat as I've tried to time the market before and end up leaving anywhere from 10-20% on the table.

RX Wizard
    A few names I like for the coming weeks -- stocks that look to be getting stronger are :
    OSTK / WW / BABA / TDOC

Quote Originally Posted by Ezdoesit View Post
    What happens when the stock doesn't go up? How long are you willing to hold the stock and how far down are you willing to go before selling? Do you have the ability to pick 100% winners? I like the idea for a small amount of my investments and have tried it before, problem is 1 bad pick or 1 bad market decline can wipe away days of profiting and then your chasing or locking yourself out of other opportunities. But if you have some insight in how to you minimize the negative I would love to hear it. Also the tax filing can get a little out of hand. For me investing in growth stocks and holding them until you see a few quarters in a row of declining growth has been the most sure fire way to profit. If you can find some quality growth stocks before the institutions buy up all the shares your fixing to make a pretty penny. If the stock goes down between 10-20% in a fair market, depending on the reason and how it will effect the companies continued growth, I will sell. There are enough baggers in growth stocks to make up that loss barring your not extremely unlucky. In a market decline I tend to hold pat as I've tried to time the market before and end up leaving anywhere from 10-20% on the table.

1.Do you have the ability to pick 100% winners.. you have 100% zero understanding of what I wrote. I never said i picked 100% winners, I did says that i trade within critical limit to reduce risk and volatility and maintain working capital. It not the singularity of one event, its the amalgamation of events, a stock going down is a good thing if you know why. I know you are a moron, and don'y have the ability to [FONT=Roboto] turn the data into a comprehensible big picture. I don't think you even have access to see most of what goes on in the market. 365 days I year I look for events that will move a stock and put a weighted average of these events. If all stock only when up, then everyone would be as rich as I am. But i like the world the way it is where I can use my money to manufacturer financial hardship for others

2.Also the tax filing can get a little out of hand. This is the most moronic part you wrote, at the end of the year you print up your tax PDF from your broker and maybe a realized gain and loss.

3.Problem is 1 bad pick or 1 bad market decline can wipe away days of profiting.. Market declines are what create value, there are many reasons a quality stock goes down that have nothing to do with its performance. I could speak on this subject for days. Only assholes like you go out and tell everyone how great a company is when they have not even used the product, never see the company, had not use the companies competitors product, look at the long term threats to that company and industry, understand their duty to perform, looked at who they have contracts with, even look at their job listing to see if they really are growing. If i was afraid of one bad pick, why the fuck would even buy stock , then i would just keep my money in a saving account. Is one bad pick going to stop me from buying another Bentley or new G wagon , NO. Is one bad pick going to stop me from eating at michelin star restaurants when I travel. No.

For me investing in growth stocks and holding them until you see a few quarters in a row of declining growth. So now your some kind of financial svengali. You just some retard who has watched "gung ho" too many times. Now I fly Delta airlines about 50 times year. And I saw the change in Delta, i saw the turn around first hand, and use the product. So i invested in it. " I personally don't use any products Hubspot offers as I have no use for them" Out of all the stock i hold like Verizon which i purchased as world come stock, will use their product all day, I own apple stock and will use my phone today, i own good stock and will use their product many of their products today. My daughter is china and she will goto Luckin Coffee and tell me how her experience is. I own UPS stock and will send out invoice to my customers at my local ups store. Why not invest in good companies right now. "If you can find some quality growth stocks before the institutions buy up all the shares your fixing to make a pretty penny" your not fucking Tom Murphy, Capital Cities Broadcasting or Henry Singleton, Teledyne you dont have have never even seen a cash flow based metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Recon792 View Post
    I actually like JNUG.... it's the leveraged 3x ETF
    Love JNUG and NUGT here. Been a long time since these daily charts looked this good for swing trades, short and intermediate term

Buy here, or wait to be triggered in

RX Junior
    1.Do you have the ability to pick 100% winners.. you have 100% zero understanding of what I wrote. I never said i picked 100% winners, I did says that i trade within critical limit to reduce risk and volatility and maintain working capital. It not the singularity of one event, its the amalgamation of events, a stock going down is a good thing if you know why. I know you are a moron, and don'y have the ability to [FONT=Roboto] turn the data into a comprehensible big picture. I don't think you even have access to see most of what goes on in the market. 365 days I year I look for events that will move a stock and put a weighted average of these events. If all stock only when up, then everyone would be as rich as I am. But i like the world the way it is where I can use my money to manufacturer financial hardship for others

2.Also the tax filing can get a little out of hand. This is the most moronic part you wrote, at the end of the year you print up your tax PDF from your broker and maybe a realized gain and loss.

3.Problem is 1 bad pick or 1 bad market decline can wipe away days of profiting.. Market declines are what create value, there are many reasons a quality stock goes down that have nothing to do with its performance. I could speak on this subject for days. Only assholes like you go out and tell everyone how great a company is when they have not even used the product, never see the company, had not use the companies competitors product, look at the long term threats to that company and industry, understand their duty to perform, looked at who they have contracts with, even look at their job listing to see if they really are growing. If i was afraid of one bad pick, why the fuck would even buy stock , then i would just keep my money in a saving account. Is one bad pick going to stop me from buying another Bentley or new G wagon , NO. Is one bad pick going to stop me from eating at michelin star restaurants when I travel. No.

For me investing in growth stocks and holding them until you see a few quarters in a row of declining growth. So now your some kind of financial svengali. You just some retard who has watched "gung ho" too many times. Now I fly Delta airlines about 50 times year. And I saw the change in Delta, i saw the turn around first hand, and use the product. So i invested in it. " I personally don't use any products Hubspot offers as I have no use for them" Out of all the stock i hold like Verizon which i purchased as world come stock, will use their product all day, I own apple stock and will use my phone today, i own good stock and will use their product many of their products today. My daughter is china and she will goto Luckin Coffee and tell me how her experience is. I own UPS stock and will send out invoice to my customers at my local ups store. Why not invest in good companies right now. "If you can find some quality growth stocks before the institutions buy up all the shares your fixing to make a pretty penny" your not fucking Tom Murphy, Capital Cities Broadcasting or Henry Singleton, Teledyne you dont have have never even seen a cash flow based metrics.
    And yet here we are! Regular old Peter Lynch I suppose? I tell you what, you stick with what works for you, I'll stick with Hubspot until it shows a few quarters of declining growth, and we will skip this pissing match! Cheers pal!

RX Junior
    Nice run for Hubspot despite the current market. Zendesk is another similar company in the cloud arena with signs of growth that may deserve some attention. I plan to take some profit in Hubspot and invest that into ZEN.