Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Anyone still boycotting the NFL?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    RX Junior
    For the righteous ones that scoff at people for keeping to their principles I dont watch for the following reasons: I watch sports for entertainment. I got tired of espn and the league itself preaching about politics. The NFL allowed kneeling but wouldn't allow other types of free expression from players. Then the nfl gave a shitload of money to ridiculously liberal organizations so that their donation would buy peace. I got tired of overpaid players crying false oppression when they get paid millions of dollars to play a game. I got tired of kap wearing che Guevara shirts and telling us how great healthcare is in Cuba and not enough people calling bullshit. I got tired of paying a fortune for tickets for all the years I was a season ticketholder and getting shit on by my team. They want me to be loyal to them and they would move season tickets holders of 20 years to sell licenses and club seats in their place. I got tired of ads blaring louder and louder at games. I got tired of not being shown replays on controversial plays. I got tired of paying $15 for a shitty beer or $23 for a double with 2 ounces of alcohol. I got tired of ridiculous pass interference calls. I got tired of paying full price for preseason exhibition games. I got tired of teams asking for season ticket renewals earlier and earlier every year. I got tired of prepaying for playoff tickets and if the team didnt make the playoffs I would get jerked around to get my money back. I got tired of players under contract holding out. I got tired of all of the low class drunken idiots at games whose only life is cheering for their team getting into fights and being obnoxious at games. I got tired of DirecTV raising the price of the NFL ticket every year, which I had since year one but gave up when this shit started. I get tired of people like kenny stills complaining that ross was hosting a trump fundraiser when we all know that we wouldn't have heard a peep if the fundraiser was for a Democrat candidate. I could go on for hours but this just for starters. I dont tell anyone else not to watch and I occasionally bet on nfl games but dont watch.

Dudes are just exposing themselves in here lmfaoooooo Hhahahahhabahahahahhahahah no cap never seen anything like this shit. Just bait after bait. Fairycarrey we see through you bro

Hey pullingqueers...find me a fishing picture. They don’t have any emojis like that. Thanks pal.

Accomplished

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    That topic is far far far far far far from over pal. Nobody is getting bored with that lol, you never wanted to hear it. The American public tunes out when black people start complaining and asking for shit. Thatís just the reality of life. Not only did they have no clue, but they didnít care to have a clue. Thatís real shit. Which is why you guys kept talking about the FLAG

The NFL has largely appeased the boycotters though. The most vocal and demonstrative of the kneelers hasn't been on a team in 3 years. It is barely talked about anymore besides vague statements like "equality" rather than what he was actually protesting (cops prematurely smoking black people in high pressure situations as well as other perceived slights by the justice system towards blacks)

Jay-Z is gonna help produce the halftime show now so everyone should be happy (this has what to do with what?), some owners are friends with rappers and agree with them as well.

Basically everyone involved made sure they kept getting paid and the NFL really isn't fertile ground anymore for whatever revolutionary change it was that was the basis of the kneeling. Kaep even did a Nike commercial which had absolutely zero reference to any of the issues he supposedly holds near and dear to his heart.

So whether you agree w/ "boycotters" or not about the actual issues, what more should they be boycotting? The whole thing became a commercialized, co-opted joke for the in crowd to virtue signal to some of the masses they care about their plight while making sure the other side knows they don't want to offend them.

I agree with you that the issue is far from over in the grand scheme of things, I said cultural/identity issues will define politics for the foreseeable future, but the NFL gatekeepers and their media allies have largely shielded themselves from the financial pitfalls of having to alienate a huge base of their audience. They're going to make sure a football field isn't fertile ground for this battle.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    The NFL has largely appeased the boycotters though. The most vocal and demonstrative of the kneelers hasn't been on a team in 3 years. It is barely talked about anymore besides vague statements like "equality" rather than what he was actually protesting (cops prematurely smoking black people in high pressure situations as well as other perceived slights by the justice system towards blacks)

Jay-Z is gonna help produce the halftime show now so everyone should be happy (this has what to do with what?), some owners are friends with rappers and agree with them as well.

Basically everyone involved made sure they kept getting paid and the NFL really isn't fertile ground anymore for whatever revolutionary change it was that was the basis of the kneeling. Kaep even did a Nike commercial which had absolutely zero reference to any of the issues he supposedly holds near and dear to his heart.

So whether you agree w/ "boycotters" or not about the actual issues, what more should they be boycotting? The whole thing became a commercialized, co-opted joke for the in crowd to virtue signal to some of the masses they care about their plight while making sure the other side knows they don't want to offend them.

I agree with you that the issue is far from over in the grand scheme of things, I said cultural/identity issues will define politics for the foreseeable future, but the NFL gatekeepers and their media allies have largely shielded themselves from the financial pitfalls of having to alienate a huge base of their audience. They're going to make sure a football field isn't fertile ground for this battle.
    Yep
    This guy always gets it.

Yeah you see it for the most part. But the “actual issues” were never addressed because people tuned out about that. All there was for 3 years on here was about how black people commit crimes and statistics and all this bogus shit to try to fight what he believed in. That went on here and everywhere else for a long time. So don’t tell me it’s because Kaep isn’t relevant now. You guys fought constantly about how he’s not good enough in the league just because some GM said it. Was he immature and played his hand the wrong way....Absolutely. But he’s trying to motivate himself to play a football game while trying to balance some civil rights type shit. Eric Reid isn’t a QB....but he’s a starter on an nfl defense and he played fucking angry last year. He was a 1st rounder wasn’t he? Wasn’t he blackballed for a bit until finally someone came to their senses?

The league wanted it to go away....and maybe Kaepernkick has...but that’s about it. Eric Reid has actually taken over for the voice he just isn’t at a main position so the media has steered away. Is he still protesting? Yes. Are there players still kneeling? Yes. And I wouldn’t be surprised if there are copycats. If the money was guaranteed I guarantee we would see more too.

It’s a free country. Let them come out and say whatever the fuck they wanna say. Who are you all on the internet sitting on your asses crucifying them for it? Some real life loser shit right there. Just like how y’all were rooting against the USA womens soccer team lmfao. I don’t give a fuck what that dumb lady says- but am I going to root against the best team(our team) by far? I’m not an idiot like some of you. That’s like Vlad betting against every black qb every game. The equal pay shit is stupid as hell because it makes no sense.
    Accomplished

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCaray View Post
    Yep
    This guy always gets it.

Yep let your lapdog do your talking boy
    Accomplished

RX Local
    I'm just saying, forget about whether you agree or disagree with Kaepernick for a minute. His message has largely been co-opted by people that can profit off of it (Jay-Z, Nike, few NFL owners) without really taking any stand or upsetting anyone. The rest of the movement the owners have swept under the rug with stealth-like efficiency.

So if Kaep kneeling sent you into a furious rage and you think he is not a martyr looking to make the world a more equal place, but rather a POS, well then there really isn't much reason to boycott anymore.

Yeah guys like Reid/Stills make some headlines, but it isn't much.

Haven’t watched any this season probably continue till end of month
    GO LEAFS GO

I'm just saying, forget about whether you agree or disagree with Kaepernick for a minute. His message has largely been co-opted by people that can profit off of it (Jay-Z, Nike, few NFL owners) without really taking any stand or upsetting anyone. The rest of the movement the owners have swept under the rug with stealth-like efficiency.

So if Kaep kneeling sent you into a furious rage and you think he is not a martyr looking to make the world a more equal place, but rather a POS, well then there really isn't much reason to boycott anymore.

Yeah guys like Reid/Stills make some headlines, but it isn't much.

Jay z has done a lot in the community, Iím not opposed to him making that move even though Reid is.

The NFL wouldnít do it if they didnít think it would help their brand. And thatís what this move is. Just for perception to make it look like we are solving the problem. They just care about their public image. Jay z is a businessman, it is what it is.

You are still missing the point though because it was always about the flag from you guys. You guys made such a big fuss about the flag...and now there are players still kneeling....but why no mention of the flag? The situation is conquered? The good guys(you guys) won, is that right?
    Accomplished

RX Local
    I never cared much who kneeled or didn't kneel or how that made people feel.

But yeah I suppose you could say the Anti-Kaep crowd won as the NFL has blackballed the face of the protest and the league is no longer fertile ground for any real social activism but rather a significantly watered down pop culture version of it.

But in the larger picture, no I don't think this is the last we've heard of racial conflict in America or anything. Just future hot button issues will take place far away from the wallets of NFL owners and their network partners.

But you asked in the OP if anyone was still boycotting, why would you? To watch football again isn't really hypocritical or anything. The coast has been cleared for people who felt that way a few years ago.

Funny how the threads started by this fool always seem to go downhill.. I just made a couple of comments about it , and a couple of haters can do is call me names etc...For the record , I didn't boycott , never said I did , in any thread on this forum.... I might have made some comments what I didn't like about it , or what I might do if it was still going to be an issue.... but not a reason to get attacked from fools that have reading comprehension issues.....

For me its not an issue , the kneeling has been squashed

RX Wizard
    And the great President Donald Trump is the one that squashed it,he saved the NFL,God Bless you Mr. President!!

RX Semi-God
    If Kaeperdick's protest wouldn't have been based on a lie, more people would've supported it.
    Welchers are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post

Eric Reid has actually taken over for the voice he just isn’t at a main position so the media has steered away.
    In other words, a player who can't be identified by 90% of NFL fans is the "voice" of a largely irrelevant clown show and you're all "HE'S STILL TAKING A KNEE!!!!"

You're so dumb, it is actually boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Acebb View Post
    In other words, a player who can't be identified by 90% of NFL fans is the "voice" of a largely irrelevant clown show and you're all "HE'S STILL TAKING A KNEE!!!!"

You're so dumb, it is actually boring.

Hmmm. If you don’t know who Eric Reid is....most likely you’re not an NFL fan. That’s just fact. He’s not some rookie or some guy buried on ST. Lmfaoooo wtf are you talking about abcdumbass?
    Accomplished

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny B View Post
    For the righteous ones that scoff at people for keeping to their principles I dont watch for the following reasons: I watch sports for entertainment. I got tired of espn and the league itself preaching about politics. The NFL allowed kneeling but wouldn't allow other types of free expression from players. Then the nfl gave a shitload of money to ridiculously liberal organizations so that their donation would buy peace. I got tired of overpaid players crying false oppression when they get paid millions of dollars to play a game. I got tired of kap wearing che Guevara shirts and telling us how great healthcare is in Cuba and not enough people calling bullshit. I got tired of paying a fortune for tickets for all the years I was a season ticketholder and getting shit on by my team. They want me to be loyal to them and they would move season tickets holders of 20 years to sell licenses and club seats in their place. I got tired of ads blaring louder and louder at games. I got tired of not being shown replays on controversial plays. I got tired of paying $15 for a shitty beer or $23 for a double with 2 ounces of alcohol. I got tired of ridiculous pass interference calls. I got tired of paying full price for preseason exhibition games. I got tired of teams asking for season ticket renewals earlier and earlier every year. I got tired of prepaying for playoff tickets and if the team didnt make the playoffs I would get jerked around to get my money back. I got tired of players under contract holding out. I got tired of all of the low class drunken idiots at games whose only life is cheering for their team getting into fights and being obnoxious at games. I got tired of DirecTV raising the price of the NFL ticket every year, which I had since year one but gave up when this shit started. I get tired of people like kenny stills complaining that ross was hosting a trump fundraiser when we all know that we wouldn't have heard a peep if the fundraiser was for a Democrat candidate. I could go on for hours but this just for starters. I dont tell anyone else not to watch and I occasionally bet on nfl games but dont watch.
    You absolutely nailed it... reasonable, intelligent fans are fed up!