Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Olive Garden's Never Ending Pasta Passes sell out instantly; Over 20,000 wanted the $500 'lifetime' version

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RX Member
    i guess the general consensus is that olive garden will survive. however, nearly everyone believes it is sub standard and marginally over priced. you can do better people, yes you can. but golden corral should be condemned and boarded shut by the board of health in each ensuing town that they're in.

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by unusualsusp11 View Post
    i guess the general consensus is that olive garden will survive. however, nearly everyone believes it is sub standard and marginally over priced. you can do better people, yes you can. but golden corral should be condemned and boarded shut by the board of health in each ensuing town that they're in.
    I haven't eaten Olive garden in 15 years or so, & not cuz I don't like it......I just stopped eating pasta all together.

RX Junior
    The one, I'm familiar with here in Virginia: It's shocking to me that they haven't been shut down.. I think they walk a very fine line. Give me Olive Garden over them.

Their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square." The Falls's Avatar
    OG is going nowhere. We had a dinner with the Darden CEO over at capital grille...and all he wanted to talk about was OG because they have the highest annual revenues of any restaurant in the US (over $4 billy).
    Almost twice as much as the nearest competitor (chilis).
    OG literally accounts for 12% of sales of the entire restaurant industry.

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Falls View Post
    OG is going nowhere. We had a dinner with the Darden CEO over at capital grille...and all he wanted to talk about was OG because they have the highest annual revenues of any restaurant in the US (over $4 billy).
    Almost twice as much as the nearest competitor (chilis).
    OG literally accounts for 12% of sales of the entire restaurant industry.
    according to the motley fool sales at the wretched olive garden are plummeting. so your alleged Darden CEO is a wet noodle. what he didn't say is that their expenditures far exceeded their revenue.

according to the motley fool sales at the wretched olive garden are plummeting. so your alleged Darden CEO is a wet noodle. what he didn't say is that their expenditures far exceeded their revenue.
    how you figure? sales are going down, but i'm looking at their May income stmt now. 4.3B sales v 3.4B expenses. largest profit of all time.

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by LargeMarge View Post
    Got dragged to Olive Garden a couple weeks ago and lolíd at their entrees costing close to $20 now. The marinara was literally tasteless
    You have weak taste buds. Lol

RX Member
    how you figure? sales are going down, but i'm looking at their May income stmt now. 4.3B sales v 3.4B expenses. largest profit of all time.
    my figures were from 6 years ago. i guess they have made some improvements. they do seem to have prime locations in these malls across america.

RX Wizard
    Horrible food,GROSS

my figures were from 6 years ago. i guess they have made some improvements. they do seem to have prime locations in these malls across america.
    lol. Really? You spew based on 6 yr old figures.
    how are 6 yr old figures relevant?
    I’ll pull this tomorrow. My guess is that you are still wrong.

I’ve been to OG once in like 15 years. But I think about it a lot.

RX Member
    lol. Really? You spew based on 6 yr old figures.
    how are 6 yr old figures relevant?
    I’ll pull this tomorrow. My guess is that you are still wrong.

I’ve been to OG once in like 15 years. But I think about it a lot.
    right. i misread the motley fool article. that's all. they made a comeback i guess although do not understand what the lure is which causes people to flock to it.

RX Junior
    right. i misread the motley fool article. that's all. they made a comeback i guess although do not understand what the lure is which causes people to flock to it.
    Yeah, i get that.. The only time that I'm willing to stand in a LINE to eat is at a family gathering, which is long gone for me. Maybe a couple people at a fast food joint (not healthy) in a hunger pinch..

RX Senior
    Olive Garden is for fat people with no taste.