Forum: College Football Forum - Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting NCAA football here. Sponsored by:

Thread: Colorado vs. Colorado st.

1. #1 Colorado vs. Colorado st. 
    RX Junior
    As a C.U. alum i enjoy following their football program. The coaching hire of Mel Tucker has been exceptionally well received. He is definitely bringing an SEC mentality to this program. It is already shown in his recruiting which is well ahead of his predecessor.

In Steven Montez they have an experienced senior quarterback. Although, not an exceptional passing quarterback he is an above average athlete at the position with unquestioned toughness and leadership. He is the perfect quarterback to facilitate the transition in this program.

In Leviska Shenault they have one of the most talented wide receivers in college football. In a recent Sports Illustrated college preview they suggested that he could be a top 10 pick in next year's NFL draft. Staying healthy will be crucial to Colorado's success.

Nate Landsman, is an all PAC 12 linebacker whose name you will hear frequently if you watch this game. He is a ferocious defender sideline to sideline

Additionally, there is C.U.'s 4 star running back recruit, Jaren Mangham, out of Detroit. He is 6' 2", 215 lbs, and ran for 149 yards on 12 carries in the spring game. He had touchdown runs of 65, 35 and 22 yards. He could be something special for the Buffs.

Anytime a football program is in transition, from one coach to another, I think it's wise to tread lightly in the first year. Trying to remain objective I see this coaching change as a huge upgrade for Colorado. Coming from Georgia, Tucker brings in a respect that McIntyre never had. McIntyre, lost all respect when he completely ignored a physical assault committed by one of his assistant coaches.

One concern of mine is that Colorado has Nebraska immediately following CSU. Colorado had no bigger rivalry than Nebraska when they were both in the Big 12. Colorado defeated Nebraska, at Lincoln, in an upset last year. This year's encounter, in Boulder, will definitely be a 'calendar' game for both programs. However, as this is Tucker's first game I don't see them not focused on playing CSU.

Mike Bobo's teams have been disappointing the last couple of years. The belief is that he is on the hot seat at CSU and not likely to improve appreciably. He has not been able to recruit the quality of football players that he has in past years.

I will be making equal size bets on Colorado, 1st half, as well as for the full game. Considering the over in this game but unsure of how capable CSU's offense will be in contributing to the scoring.

My two cents worth ... bol.

R/A.......nice write up buddy......BOL with your play..........indy

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by indiana View Post
    R/A.......nice write up buddy......BOL with your play..........indy
    Much thanks ... bol.

Sko buffs....!!!! On them as well...
    Just Win....
    Placed 13th in 2012 LVH Super Contest

Official Rx music critic and beer snob FairWarning's Avatar
    I need to read up more on CSU, but I like the spot for the Rams. The rivalry means more to them than CU, especially with Nebraska on deck.

RX Member
    thanks for the write up and gl

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by r.a. View Post
    As a C.U. alum i enjoy following their football program. The coaching hire of Mel Tucker has been exceptionally well received. He is definitely bringing an SEC mentality to this program. It is already shown in his recruiting which is well ahead of his predecessor.

In Steven Montez they have an experienced senior quarterback. Although, not an exceptional passing quarterback he is an above average athlete at the position with unquestioned toughness and leadership. He is the perfect quarterback to facilitate the transition in this program.

In Leviska Shenault they have one of the most talented wide receivers in college football. In a recent Sports Illustrated college preview they suggested that he could be a top 10 pick in next year's NFL draft. Staying healthy will be crucial to Colorado's success.

Nate Landsman, is an all PAC 12 linebacker whose name you will hear frequently if you watch this game. He is a ferocious defender sideline to sideline

Additionally, there is C.U.'s 4 star running back recruit, Jaren Mangham, out of Detroit. He is 6' 2", 215 lbs, and ran for 149 yards on 12 carries in the spring game. He had touchdown runs of 65, 35 and 22 yards. He could be something special for the Buffs.

Anytime a football program is in transition, from one coach to another, I think it's wise to tread lightly in the first year. Trying to remain objective I see this coaching change as a huge upgrade for Colorado. Coming from Georgia, Tucker brings in a respect that McIntyre never had. McIntyre, lost all respect when he completely ignored a physical assault committed by one of his assistant coaches.

One concern of mine is that Colorado has Nebraska immediately following CSU. Colorado had no bigger rivalry than Nebraska when they were both in the Big 12. Colorado defeated Nebraska, at Lincoln, in an upset last year. This year's encounter, in Boulder, will definitely be a 'calendar' game for both programs. However, as this is Tucker's first game I don't see them not focused on playing CSU.

Mike Bobo's teams have been disappointing the last couple of years. The belief is that he is on the hot seat at CSU and not likely to improve appreciably. He has not been able to recruit the quality of football players that he has in past years.

I will be making equal size bets on Colorado, 1st half, as well as for the full game. Considering the over in this game but unsure of how capable CSU's offense will be in contributing to the scoring.

My two cents worth ... bol.

Thank you for the knowledgable write up, with good information provided...
    Some cappers just do picks and even GOY's with no data/rationale/explanation, (sure some win, some lose) but contributions like this are much better for all of us and very much appreciated!
    GL!

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    I need to read up more on CSU, but I like the spot for the Rams. The rivalry means more to them than CU, especially with Nebraska on deck.
    I promise you this game means as much to CU as it does to CSU ... especially as it's Tucker's 1st game.

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Thank you for the knowledgable write up, with good information provided...
    Some cappers just do picks and even GOY's with no data/rationale/explanation, (sure some win, some lose) but contributions like this are much better for all of us and very much appreciated!
    GL!
    Thanks ... tried my best to be objective.

RX Junior
    Thanks, I've been a Buffs fan since my son went to school there. Libby Hall freshman dorm, quite an experience. I don't even ask. What a beautiful place, hope Tucker finds an edge, the program has proven it can rise quickly from some deep holes. Watched Philip Lindsey a couple of times, he did stand out. Not shocked he made it in NFL. Denver has really gotten the most from that young man. Utah more then Nebraska seems like the rival of the future.

BOL

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Codebreaker View Post
    Thanks, I've been a Buffs fan since my son went to school there. Libby Hall freshman dorm, quite an experience. I don't even ask. What a beautiful place, hope Tucker finds an edge, the program has proven it can rise quickly from some deep holes. Watched Philip Lindsey a couple of times, he did stand out. Not shocked he made it in NFL. Denver has really gotten the most from that young man. Utah more then Nebraska seems like the rival of the future.

BOL
    Buffs should never have left the Big 12. Money inducement that hasn't worked nearly as expected and nowhere close to the rivalries they had in the Big 12.

RX Member
    Zero and I mean zero chance CU is looking ahead to anyone. First game under new coach against in state rival with a brutal schedule the entire year. Their season O/U is 4 wins. They will not be looking ahead. Lean CU based on the line alone...

RX Junior
    Bump

Great write-up r.a.

Thanks