Forum: Site Promotions Forum. - Post any Promotional or Sports Service information here. Warning - Records posted here are not verified by The Rx.com. Use Caution.

Thread: The 2019 Phil Steele/Northcoast Picks, Record Documentation, Commentary and Discussion Thread

RX Junior
    One thing I forget to mention in last post:

With three weekends to go for October counting this weekend and with the release of the floating Five Star,

it means that none of the other three GOM's will have been released by Sunday.

This means that they will have those three big plays left to release over the next two weekends.

For advertising purposes in theory this sets up very well as it will allow them to release not one but TWO GOM on the same weekend,

which I am sure they will hype bigtime and with ALLEGED discounts to go with it.

This is just one more example of why at this point NC is considered by many including me to be a mass marketing machine FIRST and handicapper a distant second-

it shows in their overall at best mediocre performance record with the latter.

RX Junior
    Ok here we go for Wednesday.

And of course like every other day of the week, you can expect the same thing on each day each week-it never changes along with the promos,

some of which haven't changed in 20 years. lol

Well Wednesday as usual the "Prince Spaghetti Day Special" is The Economy Club and the accompanying tease/bullshit and pricing that goes with it-12

college and 5 NFL Plays.

how some of these plays may go on to become Late Phone Plays, blah, blah, blah.

I always wondered what Todd means by "these plays going on to become Late Phone Plays later in the week."

Does something happen with these plays to make them not just mere relatively cheap mid week plays but rather to become "elite" become Late Phone Plays.

Do these plays have minds of their own and/or like entities which allow them to "graduate" to Late Phone status come Saturday and/or Sunday? lol

We are also told/reminded about the obviously SCRIPTED/floating Five Star going this week, a play which historically has been hauled out by Phil/NC

when the revenue stream isn't so hot(actually most of the time) and they need to do something to bring attention to themselves(perhaps

putting some barely clad hot looking/seductive young lady would help and possibly guy for the sake of any lady gamblers or gay men might also help).

Oh yes-again this week has been designated as "Customer Appreciation Weekend."

If there was truth in advertising this weekend along with just about every weekend would be designated as "Customer DEPRECIATION Weekend"

rather than "Appreciation Weekend" because imo the number of folks who buy anything from NC DEPRECIATES

rather than appreciates because more folks do NOT "appreciate"the at best mediocre Late Phone Picks week after week as well as the insulting bogus

promotions and deceptive record keeping.

The latest example of this can be found today.

We are told that the obviously SCRIPTED Five Star by itself costs $100 for a non PS subscriber-this is way, way too high compared

to what most other services charge for a play of this nature-as usual this is just more indication of arrogant Phil Steele

and/or the rest of the marketing crew are of their VERY overall mediocre service evidence by the vastly inflated prices.

Want more evidence?

Well Todd, Phil's spokesperson reminds us again of the "Huge Savings" on ext. 3(I talked about this yesterday- ext. 3 will not be updated today).

The "huge savings" he talks about amount to what will be a total cost for the week of $198 for all of the Late Phones with some Marquees sprinkled in

Last week the same package cost $189 or $9 LESS.

Thus my math shows that the price WENT UP this week rather than now.

But of course in all fairness I should point out that there was no SCRIPTED big play last week.

As I have stated before, for the most part I view the Phil Steele/NC alleged discounts about the same as I do of walking into Sax Fifth Avenue and seeing

a $4495 woman's imported handbag being "discounted all the way down" to a "mere" $3495 as a one day "special."

Get the picture!!

ANYWAYS THE ECONOMY #2 PLAY OF THE WEEK IS BOISE - 11 1/2.

Free Heber! Heber Carl Jentzsch, 83, President of the Church of Scientology International, is believed to be held in a Scientology prison (RPF). He has not been seen since 2005.

RX Junior
    Way ot

The Cardinals are winning 13-0 in the deciding game against Atlanta in the bottom of the third.

I would love to see what would happen if an all night drenching rain was scheduled to begin in about a half an hour.

Something tells me that if that was the case the Cardinal batters would be trying to make outs whereas Atlanta would

be having the pitching coach go to the mound as many times as possible and Atlanta would use every know pitcher and for that matter

every available player on the bench to pitch to stall for time so that the game would be rained out before it was an official game after

five innings. lol

Seriously is there any rule on the books which would forbid teams acting in this manner if something like this should occur?

RX Junior
    You got to feel for Phil Styeele/NC with this "tough/heart breaking" LOSER Mar "quees"my ass pick tonight-they had em all the way. lol

1 Unit
    Total Play [101] Appalachian State Mountaineers vs. [102] Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns
    Wednesday October 9th, 2019 8:04 PM EDT
    Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns [Over]

RX Junior
    Ok folks-here we go with today's con artist bullshit, bogus promotions, spin and overall deception.

Actually it is pretty much the same as we always hear.

On ext. 9 we get a recap of last night that the play lost.

The being Thursday, it is of course the Ron Jeremy Big Dong/Dog Pump Day with the usual pricing.

Two Marquees tonight for $12 apiece.

I cannot figure out why the Thursday Marquees are always $12 apiece but on Saturday they have been get three for a total of $12.

ANYWAYS THE RON JEREMY BIG DONG/DOG PLAY IS TEXAS + 11.

Ext. 3 Well as expected we are reminded again of the SCRIPTED Five Star going as well as it being Customer Appreciation with HUGE DISCOUNTS or for reasons

stated yesterday, it should be rightfully called Customer DEPRECIATION Week.

Also as I pointed out yesterday, the "huge discounts" cited are not discounts at all but rather an increase in price from last week

the alleged and SCRIPTED Five Star notwithstanding.

What doesn't make sense to me and has never made sense to me is if this is a legitimate Five Star, then what is the GOM to follow in the next few weeks?

If it is rated 4.5 stars, then how come the Five Star going tomorrow is not the GOM?

If it is also rated five stars, then what NC is saying that for this particular month, by "coincidence" there just happen to be two games of five star value.

I think you can read between the lines here.

As I have always said and will continue to say, these floater five stars, which imo in some ways by definition contradict/or at least are at odds with the regular GOM,

are nothing more than plays which are SCRIPTED FIRST for a particular week for marketing purposes only.

I would bet heavily if it could proven, that Phil Steele/NC SCRIPTS the day of the play long before they know what the actual play is going to be,

which might not even be decided until Saturday.

This is the same type of thinking( but for a different reason) I cited yesterday when we are told that sometimes the Economy Club midweek plays somehow

"graduate" to Late Phone Plays between Wednesday and Saturday. lol

ANYWAYS THE NFL PRO TOTALS PLAY OF THE WEEK IS OVER NEW ORLEANS 44.

RX Junior
    From time to time I email Phil Steele/NC stuff/commentary I don't post here although it is along the same lines.

Here is something I just emailed them expressing my feelings which you might enjoy:

With the SCRIPTED Five Star this weekend, that means that the other three GOM's have not yet been used.
    That means with two weekends left for October after Saturday, that means in one of those two weekends you will be offering as a special two GOM's going in the same weekend.
    Thus the only two questions are 1) Which weekend will it be and 2) Which two of the three possibilities will you SCRIPT together for that
    weekend.
    In any event imo you are going to look pretty stupid and insincere if your College GOM goes next weekend as it will be right after this week's
    Five Star.
    However knowing how incompetent and clueless Phil Steele and the rest of the marketing staff is, I wouldn't be that much surprised it it
    is next weekend.
    And just think-whatever weekend you choose for the "doubleheader," as a start you can claim that each of the GOM'S is worth $100 apiece
    before you offer your "great discounts."

RX Junior
    This shit is starting to get interesting… That sounds hilarious a five star followed with three game of the month...is that what you were saying?

it doesn’t fucking make sense one bit… I just think he used to be good, where everybody followed his shit back in the day...now he’s been all hyped up on ESPN and everything else and he’s fucking worthless... you know if they say? If you throw enough shit on the wall, something will stick right? This is why he has all these clubs! (small college-totals of the week- late telephone plays -Marquis-top Opinions-the como line-... something is going to win something just might go 2-0 for the week and he can brag about it come the following week… Again throw enough shit on the wall something will stick!!!

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by ACP View Post
    This shit is starting to get interesting… That sounds hilarious a five star followed with three game of the month...is that what you were saying?

it doesn’t fucking make sense one bit… I just think he used to be good, where everybody followed his shit back in the day...now he’s been all hyped up on ESPN and everything else and he’s fucking worthless... you know if they say? If you throw enough shit on the wall, something will stick right? This is why he has all these clubs! (small college-totals of the week- late telephone plays -Marquis-top Opinions-the como line-... something is going to win something just might go 2-0 for the week and he can brag about it come the following week… Again throw enough shit on the wall something will stick!!!

LOL-Great and funny post and spot on, ACP!!

Being the old timer I am, I learned this shit many years ago about Phil Steele and NC, and it never changes-it is, has been and always will be Groundhog Day with the

manner in which they conduct their service, their promotions and their overall modus operandi.

Unlike hockey where the prevailing philosophy last I heard is to get as many shots on goal as possible to score goals, in the case

of Phil Steele/NC this kind of crap doesn't fly and simply gives the impression that 1) they figure that by so doing, it will increase their

chances of being able to brag about something and especially so when they use ONLY the time frames which show this

"great" winning percentage.

2) It also allows them to peddle more types of plays in the hopes that there will be at least some suckers out there who will buy into one or more

of these when they hear the deceptive records and purchase.

Free Heber! Heber Carl Jentzsch, 83, President of the Church of Scientology International, is believed to be held in a Scientology prison (RPF). He has not been seen since 2005.

RX Junior
    The College Marquee Play was NC State.

The SM didn't list yet who they had in the Pro Game.

Oops-spoke too soon.

The SM is now showing the play to be UNDER New England.

RX Junior
    The STOOLster/NC go 1-1 on the night with the Marquees.

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by savage1 View Post
    From time to time I email Phil Steele/NC stuff/commentary I don't post here although it is along the same lines.

Here is something I just emailed them expressing my feelings which you might enjoy:

With the SCRIPTED Five Star this weekend, that means that the other three GOM's have not yet been used.
    That means with two weekends left for October after Saturday, that means in one of those two weekends you will be offering as a special two GOM's going in the same weekend.
    Thus the only two questions are 1) Which weekend will it be and 2) Which two of the three possibilities will you SCRIPT together for that
    weekend.
    In any event imo you are going to look pretty stupid and insincere if your College GOM goes next weekend as it will be right after this week's
    Five Star.
    However knowing how incompetent and clueless Phil Steele and the rest of the marketing staff is, I wouldn't be that much surprised it it
    is next weekend.
    And just think-whatever weekend you choose for the "doubleheader," as a start you can claim that each of the GOM'S is worth $100 apiece
    before you offer your "great discounts."
    Lest there be any misunderstanding what I said yesterday, I want to make two things clear:

1) The three GOM I referred to are NOT all in College Football.

One is for College Football, another for the College TOM and the other is for the NFL GOM.

2) What I said has to do with what they have done before historically speaking, ie when there is a floating College Five Star for a particular month, there has

always been an additional College GOM.

What is very important this month is that there are only four weekends to release their plays.

In some months there happen to be five weekends, which would mean that there would be no reason to release two GOM on the same weekend because

assuming that they didn't wait until Week three to release a Five Star, or GOM, there would still be three weekends left in the five week month to

release each of the other big plays separately and no need for a doubleheader.

Also to be fair I can't guarantee that they will do what they have done in the past, meaning that it is possible that they might consider this week's

Five Star to also service as the October GOM meaning that they would still have two weekends to release the College TOM along with the NFL GOM

without putting out two big plays in the same weekend.

If you are confused, sorry I did the best I could to explain it.

RX Junior
    Very short message today.

First of all, the College Marquee Play last night was still a winner but it was on the UNDER in the NC State game rather than on NC State.

Ext. 9 nothing new except the pump for the college totals, and that one can buy them for tomorrow for $75 for a non PS subscriber.

Ext. 3 doesn't change again until tomorrow.

THE BIG TWELVE PLAY OF THE WEEK IS TEXAS TECH + 11.

RX Junior
    First of all it turns out they had a Marquee winner on UNDER Colorado yesterday.

I won't bore you with the pricing today for various packages-the same as has been touted all week and usual Saturday pricing for Marquees.

THE EXT 9 TOTALS COMP OF THE WEEK IS UNDER CINCINATTI 51.

Back with Ext. 3 comp. in a minute as there is some confusion as to whether it is Mississippi or Mississipi State.

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by savage1 View Post
    first of all it turns out they had a marquee winner on under colorado yesterday.

I won't bore you with the pricing today for various packages-the same as has been touted all week and usual saturday pricing for marquees.

The ext 9 totals comp of the week is under cincinatti 51.

Back with ext. 3 comp. In a minute as there is some confusion as to whether it is mississippi or mississipi state.
    The ext. 3 college comp. of the week is Mississippi State - 6 1/2

RX Junior
    Early today with some breathing room:

Northcoast

5* Florida Atlantic-11’
    4* Army -4’
    4* FIU -5
    3* Texas +10’
    3* Iowa +3’
    3* Boise St -13
    3* Arizona +6’

4* Under 47’ Old Dominon / Marshall
    3* Over 61 Alabama/ Texas A&M
    3* Over 54 Iowa St / West Virginia
    3* Under 49’ Nebraska/ Minnesota

RX Junior
    It looks like the Fla. Atlantic line went up a bit from the 11 1/2 to as high as 13.

RX Junior
    Northcoast Marquees (1-0) Last night

Under 43 1/2 Iowa

Navy -1

Nevada-2 1/2

RX Junior
    Well NC won the Five Star on Florida Atlantic, but just barely; it was a real grind and wasn't decided until the final seconds, but a win is a win.

Back later with final recap for the day.

is that the oct gom then?

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by rush__man View Post
    is that the oct gom then?
    Who knows at this point?

RX Junior
    Northcoast

5* Florida Atlantic-11’ W
    4* Army -4’ L
    4* FIU -5 W
    3* Texas +10’ W
    3* Iowa +3’ L
    3* Boise St -13
    3* Arizona +6’

4* Under 47’ Old Dominon / Marshall L
    3* Over 61 Alabama/ Texas A&M W
    3* Over 54 Iowa St / West Virginia L
    3* Under 49’ Nebraska/ Minnesota W

I have NC at 5-4 picking up 2.6 units with two games left.

Marquees go 3-0.

RX Junior
    Fraud and people pay for this shit