Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Why is there no college football tonight?

1. #1 Why is there no college football tonight? 
    RX Junior
    Its week 3 and no college football on a Thursday nite. I get it why they didnt show a game last week due to opening day of the NFL but why not tonight?

Plus its weird that tonights NFL game is ONLY on NFL network while my local fox affiliate is showing MLB.

Very strange

RX Junior
    Also, UVERSE still doesnt have red zone channel, dish network is about to lose their local fox affiliate and Direct TV could be losing ESPN on friday nite

RX Junior
    NFL networks is the reason that I never count on watching a Thursday night game.... But as long as baseball is on, then not such a big deal for me.

And if you gottta have a football fix, ESPN 2 has the LIVE game of Longview vs John Tyler (HS) LOL

RX Local
    [QUOTE=Knightrofins;12938049]Its week 3 and no college football on a Thursday nite. I get it why they didnt show a game last week due to opening day of the NFL but why not tonight?

Plus its weird that tonights NFL game is ONLY on NFL network while my local fox affiliate is showing MLB.

How lame. Can't watch the football game. But on Fox it's the Braves and Phillies on here.

RX Junior
    THE National Football League is a GIANT CORPORATION.. They want to make MONEY... NFL netorks - packages help towards that goal. I'm surprised that any of the Thursday night games are on free tv.. Maybe they aren't much longer.

I wonder if it will be on cable TV (e.g. TSN) in Canada tonight. It seems so:

Thursday Night Football: Buccaneers vs. Panthers

Tonight at 7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT on TSN1, TSN3, TSN4, TSN5 and CTV 2

https://www.tsn.ca

Fox and Prime pick up the games in week 4
    GO LEAFS GO

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post
    Its week 3 and no college football on a Thursday nite. I get it why they didnt show a game last week due to opening day of the NFL but why not tonight?

Very strange
    there will be college football every thursday after this week. there will not be as many games as they are going with friday nite games every week also. good move. thursdays were clogged with too many games and had that nfl game to compete with.