Forum: Boxing, UFC, Mixed Martial Arts Forum - Picks, discussion and fighter analysis. This is TheRx's official fighting and combat forum.

Thread: Espn+ 16

1. #1 Espn+ 16 
    Word.
    ytd 5-5 -.7

Gaethje -180 over Cowboy 1.8/1
    Azure +140 over Katona 1/1.4
    Skelly +140 over Griffin 1/1.4
    Hughes -120 over Duffee 1.2/1
    U4.5/12 Decisions +140 1/1.4

Notes:
    -- Gaethje is really good at working the body and Cowboy has been dropped by body shots a lot. Cowboy doesn't like pressure forward fighters and Justin is constantly pressure forward.
    -- Azure is a newcomer from DWTNCS. He's a 4-time state champ wrestler from Montana and is an unlimited gas tank-type fighter. Katona's last loss against Dvalishvilli laid the same type of blueprint and showed Katona's biggest weakness - wrestlers with a good tank.
    -- I just like Skelly's craftiness and experience in this one. This will be a good fight, but Skelly is the type of guy that finds ways to win.
    -- Mostly fading Duffee's long lay off of 4+ years and his chin, which has taken some huuuuge fuckin' shots over the years. He's also an impatient brawler which is a fun style but I'll take the guy that sits down on his combos a little more.

Good luck, Cowboy. I agree with the reasoning behind all of these, especially Gaethje and Hughes...

As much as I'd love to see Cowboy win, I too said I think the body shots break him and Gaethje can take some damage...

Word.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyMatt View Post
    Good luck, Cowboy. I agree with the reasoning behind all of these, especially Gaethje and Hughes...

As much as I'd love to see Cowboy win, I too said I think the body shots break him and Gaethje can take some damage...
    Good to see you around, bro! You still training?

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyT View Post
    Good to see you around, bro! You still training?
    Yes sir, BJJ changed my life Brother. Can’t quit now! My gym family is better than my real family...lol True story.

Word.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyMatt View Post
    Yes sir, BJJ changed my life Brother. Can’t quit now! My gym family is better than my real family...lol True story.
    That's awesome - same story for me. I'm 10 years in and starting training is definitely one of the best decisions I've ever made.