Forum: Boxing, UFC, Mixed Martial Arts Forum - Picks, discussion and fighter analysis. This is TheRx's official fighting and combat forum.

Thread: Ufc on espn+ 19: Joanna vs. Waterson

1. #1 Ufc on espn+ 19: Joanna vs. Waterson 
    RX Semi-God
    Niko Price -150

Eryk Anders -135

Miguel Baeza -215

Marlon Vera -150
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Semi-God
    Last four events:

13-13 -745 Units.

This is what happens when you play juicier plays. Just horrible.
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Member
    Write-ups sent, hope it helps. Looks like you're only opposite 1. Gonna make some money tonight.

RX Member
    I like Gracie to win the co-main, only because I don't think the family would let him tarnish the name with a loss to a fighter who has seen better days. As long as Kron can avoid a KO, I can't see any way that Cub wins this. The Gracie ground game is second to none and I believe their forte is avoiding the KO while looking to take it to the ground. I will be interested to see how Kron does against a younger better ranked opponent down the road. I think Kron wins by submission and that's the bet I'm taking -115 odds, I have a hard time with -200 odds for Kron for the match.....fluke KO's happen.

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by JDub984 View Post
    I like Gracie to win the co-main, only because I don't think the family would let him tarnish the name with a loss to a fighter who has seen better days. As long as Kron can avoid a KO, I can't see any way that Cub wins this. The Gracie ground game is second to none and I believe their forte is avoiding the KO while looking to take it to the ground. I will be interested to see how Kron does against a younger better ranked opponent down the road. I think Kron wins by submission and that's the bet I'm taking -115 odds, I have a hard time with -200 odds for Kron for the match.....fluke KO's happen.
    The breakdown of that fight is very easy. Can Cub stop the TD? If he can, Gracie may have a long night on the feet. If he can't, fight's over. Cub gives me no reason to believe he can stop Gracie's TD.
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Semi-God
    Deiveson Figueiredo -170
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Semi-God
    Kron Gracie -185 to go 6-0.

Sub in 1 or 2.
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Member
    I don't feel like Kron really tried to take it to the ground. Seems like he was out to prove he could win it standing up......guess we seen how that worked out for him. His takedown attempts seemed half hearted at best and I don't feel like Cub had to work very hard to stay on his feet.

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by JDub984 View Post
    I don't feel like Kron really tried to take it to the ground. Seems like he was out to prove he could win it standing up......guess we seen how that worked out for him. His takedown attempts seemed half hearted at best and I don't feel like Cub had to work very hard to stay on his feet.
    I couldn't agree more. Like, was that the plan? To trade with Cub? If so, that was the worst plan.
    Welchers are the worst.

Believe me Kron tried to get it to the ground...cub is pretty high level ground guy himself and the couple times kron got him down, he popped right back up. That had to really frustrate him and taking all them shots really wore on him, esp the body shots even though he plodded on he was fairly depleted by the 3rd. The era of the one dimensional fighter has passed, they may win a few at lower levels or when they first start out by surprise...but in the top 15 vs well rounded fighters they just wont get it done...or rarely at best

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpickem View Post
    Believe me Kron tried to get it to the ground...cub is pretty high level ground guy himself and the couple times kron got him down, he popped right back up. That had to really frustrate him and taking all them shots really wore on him, esp the body shots even though he plodded on he was fairly depleted by the 3rd. The era of the one dimensional fighter has passed, they may win a few at lower levels or when they first start out by surprise...but in the top 15 vs well rounded fighters they just wont get it done...or rarely at best
    You and I saw the fight very differently. Constantly going for a standing guillotine isn't a takedown attempt in my book. Not once did he shoot or put him up against the cage. He literally stood there and traded with a guy that is much better than him on the feet. It was a terrible game plan.
    Welchers are the worst.