Forum: College Football Forum - Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting NCAA football here. Sponsored by:

Thread: CFB Off-Season News

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post
    Their offense was PURE garbage last season!!
    Their offensive coordinator was garbage. I can't believe he was Alabama's QB coach for a season.
    The SOB left Tuscaloosa in the middle of the night without telling Saban he was headed to Miami.
    "Actually, the only time I ever took out a one-iron was to kill a snake. And
    I took a 9 to do that." Bill Murray

RX Wizard
    ACC

Caesars has just released its 2020 win totals for the Atlantic Coast Conference 2020.

Boston College - 5
    Clemson - 11.5
    Duke - 5.5
    Florida State - 7.5
    Georgia Tech - 3
    Louisville - 7.5
    Miami - 9

North Carolina St. - 4.5
    North Carolina - 8.5
    Pittsburgh - 6.5
    Syracuse - 5.5
    Virginia - 6.5
    Virginia Tech - 8
    Wake Forest - 7

Any thoughts?

RX Wizard
    Conference USA - The conference, like pretty much every Group of 5 conference, serves
    as a way station of sorts for coaches. You're either moving up the ladder or down it, and
    either way you probably aren't going to stay very long. If you are a fifth-year senior in
    2020, only three CUSA coaches were in place during your recruitment: Louisiana Tech's
    Skip Holtz, Marshall's Doc Holliday and Middle Tennessee's Rick Stockstill. Stockstill, who
    is entering his 15th season at MTSU is the dean of league coaches. Of the three, Skip Holtz
    has the best change of getting a bigger job.

RX Wizard
    SEC

More Caesars 2020 win totals:

Alabama - 10.5
    Arkansas - 3.5
    Auburn - 8.5
    Florida - 10
    Georgia - 10
    Kentucky - 7
    LSU - 9
    Miss State - 6.5
    Missouri - 5
    Ole Miss - 5.5
    S. Carolina - 5.5
    Tennessee - 7.5
    Texas A&M - 9.5
    Vandy - 3

Any thoughts?

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverleaf View Post
    ACC

Caesars has just released its 2020 win totals for the Atlantic Coast Conference 2020.

Boston College - 5
    Clemson - 11.5
    Duke - 5.5
    Florida State - 7.5
    Georgia Tech - 3
    Louisville - 7.5
    Miami - 9

North Carolina St. - 4.5
    North Carolina - 8.5
    Pittsburgh - 6.5
    Syracuse - 5.5
    Virginia - 6.5
    Virginia Tech - 8
    Wake Forest - 7

Any thoughts?
    Ga Tech - over
    Louisville - over
    Miami - under

Is NC State going to be that bad?

I'd be tempted to take Va Tech over.

RX Wizard
    TCU - First, the offense must improve in order to improve on last year's 5-7 record. QB
    Max Duggan and the TCU passing game ranked last in the Big 12 in both completion per-
    centage and yards per attempts and second to last in passing yards per game and pass-
    ing touchdowns. The Horn Frogs must replace their two most productive running backs
    who combined to rush for 1,360 yards and 14 scores. Only two offensive line starters
    return. Last year was just the third time in twenty years under Gary Patterson that TCU
    failed to reach a bowl game and much of the blame was on the offense. Most early pro-
    jections have the Frogs finishing sixth or seventh in the Big 12, but bear in mind that
    Patterson has never suffered back-to-back losing seasons.

@Cal.....Praire View.....Open.....@SMU.....Oklahoma State.....@West Virginia.....Kansas
    State.....@Baylor.....Oklahoma.....Iowa State.....@Texas.....Texas Tech.....@Kansas

Sidenote: During the past 5 seasons, TCU has been a good fade going 23-37 against the
    spread.

RX Wizard
    Bet you didn't know.....

The Rice Owls are 33-15-3 against the spread as a conference home dog, including
    17-2-2 against the spread when taking less than 7 points.

RX Wizard
    Cal - Three seasons in, Justin Wilcox has increased Cal's win total year-over-year, from
    5-7 debut in 2017, to 7-6 in 2018, to 8-5 in 2019. And that 8-5 record comes with an
    asterisk: Cal was 7-0 in games where starting quarterback Chase Garbers played at
    least a half, and he's expected to be fully healthy in 2020. Wilcox brought in Bill Musgrave
    to revamp the offense, so it will be interesting to see how Garbers fares in his fresh system.
    The Bears return nearly their entire offense, but need replacements for several starters
    on defense. During Wilcox's three seasons, he has snapped a 14-game losing streak to
    USC and a 9-game losing streak to Stanford. Caesars revealed Cal's over/under regular
    season win total at 7 victories.

@UNLV.....TCU.....Cal Poly.....Open.....Utah.....@Washington St.....@USC.....Oregon.....
    @Oregon State.....Washington.....@Arizona State.....Open.....Stanford.....UCLA

Sidenote: Justin Wilcox is 21-14 against the spread during his first three seasons with
    California.

RX Wizard
    Bet you didn't know.....

The Troy Trojans are 12-1 against the spread in regular season games following a
    straight up favorite loss.

RX Junior
    SEC

More Caesars 2020 win totals:

Alabama - 10.5
    Arkansas - 3.5
    Auburn - 8.5
    Florida - 10
    Georgia - 10
    Kentucky - 7
    LSU - 9
    Miss State - 6.5
    Missouri - 5
    Ole Miss - 5.5
    S. Carolina - 5.5
    Tennessee - 7.5
    Texas A&M - 9.5
    Vandy - 3

Any thoughts?
    Was listening to Paul Stone on VSIN this morning.

He really likes A&M to go under as well as Tenn under 7.5

Tenn plays the gators, bama, georgia, and at oklahoma and figures that is 4 losses right there. He figures they would lose 1 more

A&M under 9.5 They play at auburn and finish the year on back to back week AT bama and home to LSU

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrofins View Post
    Was listening to Paul Stone on VSIN this morning.

He really likes A&M to go under as well as Tenn under 7.5

Tenn plays the gators, bama, georgia, and at oklahoma and figures that is 4 losses right there. He figures they would lose 1 more

A&M under 9.5 They play at auburn and finish the year on back to back week AT bama and home to LSU
    Jimbo is entering his 3rd season so he should have a good base of his players. 19 starters return including QB Kellen Mond.
    Mond is the key in my opinion...he can be good one game and not so good another. If he has a great season, I can see the
    over being the play. My concern is can he have a great season. PASS.

RX Junior
    Jimbo is entering his 3rd season so he should have a good base of his players. 19 starters return including QB Kellen Mond.
    Mond is the key in my opinion...he can be good one game and not so good another. If he has a great season, I can see the
    over being the play. My concern is can he have a great season. PASS.
    Understood so you think either 1) They beat either Bama or LSU this season or 2) They will be 10-0 when they play bama? 1 of those 2 scenerios have to happen in order for Jimbo to get his 10 wins.

They also have road games at Auburn, Miss State, and South Carolina (SC game is the week after at auburn)

RX Wizard
    Looking at Caesars win totals, a team that stands out to me is Ohio University with a
    over/under win total of 5. I like the OVER 5 big time considering Frank Solich's record
    and studying the schedule. Solich is a career 19-2 coming up with more six or more
    wins. He's taken Ohio to a bowl game in 11 of 12 seasons and was 6-6 the year they
    didn't go bowling.

2020 Schedule with 2019 won/loss record.

North Carolina Central (4-8), @Boston College (6-7), Marshall (8-5), @Texas State (3-9),
    @Toledo (6-6), Eastern Michigan (6-7), @Miami (8-6), Bowling Green (3-9), @Central
    Michigan (8-6), @Kent State (7-6), Buffalo (8-5), Akron (0-12)

4-0 against NC Central, Texas State, Bowling Green and Akron. Win a couple more and you
    have a winner. Solich will continue his string of six plus wins and Ohio will go bowling again.

Seven wins looks good to me...………………………….