Forum: MAIN FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: You are the GM of an expansion team and you can have Lamar Jackson or Jimmy G as your QB. What's your choice?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    Why do you say this?
    Because you'd argue that Tito's Vodka is only distilled 4 times when it clearly states 5 times on the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by hehateme82 View Post
    Because you'd argue that Tito's Vodka is only distilled 4 times when it clearly states 5 times on the bottle.

Funny and real

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by hehateme82 View Post
    I mean, say whatever but I’ve met posters from the RX before. I’m as normal of a guy as you’ll find. Ask Barman. That’s all I can say.
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    Funny and real
    Dude, in all seriousness, there is one guy here that can stand you and that’s Stock. Now, you’ll say you don’t care blah, blah, but take that in for a second. Every poster here hates your guts.
    Welchers are the worst.

Dude, in all seriousness, there is one guy here that can stand you and thatís Stock. Now, youíll say you donít care blah, blah, but take that in for a second. Every poster here hates your guts.

I pray I will be able to sleep tonight after hearing this devastating information

Whats funny is I donít care. But you do....a ton. I personally think you know thatís what people think about you and youíre so beat up about it and too much of a burden for you to carry that you want to give it to me. Lmfao....guess what? Iím not some soft ass pussy bitch like you. Bring it on

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    I pray I will be able to sleep tonight after hearing this devastating information

Whats funny is I don’t care. But you do....a ton. I personally think you know that’s what people think about you and you’re so beat up about it and too much of a burden for you to carry that you want to give it to me. Lmfao....guess what? I’m not some soft ass pussy bitch like you. Bring it on
    I couldn’t care less. I’ve told you this before but you’re the guy at the party everyone makes fun of but you don’t see it.
    Welchers are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    Jimmy G passed 8 times in the NFL Championship game, just stop.

We both made are arguments, people can judge for themselves. I cited facts about lifelong accomplishments, I think the body of work speaks for itself. You counter with more speculation and more opinion. Thanks for confirming you have no idea what NFL GM's think. Well, you have no citation anyhow, I suppose you may actually believe you know what they think.

Your comment about Mahomes is the type of juvenile stuff, like pretentiously citing NFL GM's to begin with, that bores the shit out of me. Not even worthy of a response, it's the type of stuff that leads to the endless pissing contests found around here.

Mamba Out
    Mic Drop!

Well done, Willie, and I agree with everything you have said in this thread. I know I would take Lamar in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    If 9ers aren't willing to let Garapollo throw the ball at the end of the half with 1:35 and 2 timeouts then they should get a new QB.

Margin for error is way too thin at this level to be giving away possessions like that.
    Exactly. That decision alone told us what the Niners think of Garapollo. I never imagined we would see a NFL team get that conservative again.

How many NFL GMs right now do you imagine would take Lamar Jackson as their starting QB over Jimmy G?
    You still willing to make this argument or can you admit you were wrong about this one?
    Who knew we had signatures all this time?

Who is Jimmy G?

Landslide for Lamar...

Enfuego wrong again. Shocker.

RX Wizard
    Lamars numbers say Lamar, but Jimmy G got his team to the SB and could have easily won. IMO he choked a bit but coaches didn;t trust him
    Jackson is 1-3 in playoff games he should have won
    If he loses against Bills....well, maybe the answer isn't quite as simple
    But I would need a minimum 1 more year from Jimmy G the way he played his SB season to even say MAYBE
    I don't think it is as clear as people think though
    But no doubt now it would have to be Jackson

The biggest difference is age
    But Lamar will have a short life span the way he plays

I'm quite confident in saying you won't find one single GM or head coach in the league that would rather have Jimmy J today, over Lamar Jackson.

Of course neither career is over yet. But as of right now, this question is not close.

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    I'm quite confident in saying you won't find one single GM or head coach in the league that would rather have Jimmy J today, over Lamar Jackson.

Of course neither career is over yet. But as of right now, this question is not close.
    When I posted this, the answer was yes IMO. These fucktards like to bump a thread after one guy spends the year on IR and the other QB finally wins a playoff game for the first time ever.

I will always take a good pocket passer over a guy like Lamar Jackson. My opinion has never changed.
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstack34 View Post
    You still willing to make this argument or can you admit you were wrong about this one?
    Had Lamar lost his playoff game, would you have bumped this thread?
    Welchers are the worst.

Had Lamar lost his playoff game, would you have bumped this thread?
    No because I totally forgot about this thread and him winning made me search for a different thread about him when I saw this again.

Its just an odd take to continue to say you would rather have Jimmy G than Lamar Jackson and also say you think most GMs would think the same way
    Who knew we had signatures all this time?

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstack34 View Post
    No because I totally forgot about this thread and him winning made me search for a different thread about him when I saw this again.

Its just an odd take to continue to say you would rather have Jimmy G than Lamar Jackson and also say you think most GMs would think the same way
    Well, if you ask me the same question right now with Jimmy G's injury problems, I'd take LJ. But don't misconstrue what I'm saying, my take on LJ has never changed. I think he's an average NFL QB that will never win a Super Bowl and I'd take a legit pocket passer over him all day.

That's all. And, I don't continue to say anything. You bumped this from a year ago.
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Semi-God
    Bet all the money on Ravens won't win superbowl at -800? Bet Bills?

Are the Clay Travis hot takes ever actionable or is it just mindless drivel?
    "Forrest Gump is getting his groove on near a beach in Australia. This shit will blow over in a month" - Enfuego on March 12th, 2020 when talking about COVID-19

I think he's an average NFL QB
    That's silly. He's an average at best passer. But his game is obviously much more than just slinging it around.

Average NFL QB's don't win NFL MVP's.

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    That's silly. He's an average at best passer. But his game is obviously much more than just slinging it around.

Average NFL QB's don't win NFL MVP's.
    Well yeah, he's a below average passer in my mind and superior athlete. I just look at this differently. I've always evaluated LJ asking myself if I think he takes the Ravens to the Super Bowl and to me, the answer has always been no way. You can't depend on the guy to lead the Ravens in the playoffs through the air. So if he can't lead them through the air, what do they do? Run him each play against a really good playoff D?

This is my opinion on him.
    Welchers are the worst.

I could have told you back in February 2020 that it's Lamar over Jimmy G hands down and that's not revisionist thinking just simply look at the #s and accolades he collected. LJ just turned 24 last week and still a work in progress and maturing as a QB. I already believe he's a little better than average passer, has won 81% of his games, won an MVP, won a Heisman. He's a hard worker, good character and improving still.
    "Just cover baby!"

Quote Originally Posted by carlitosway View Post
    I already believe he's a little better than average passer
    I agree with everything you posted except for this. For NFL standards, I'd say he's slightly below average. Or average at best as a passer.

Although he seems to be improving each year, I believe his completion % is slightly deceiving. Due to him having to be a constant running threat, teams always bring more into the box to stop the run. Many of his completions are guys running wide open. And many of those aren't spot on passes, but they are completed because of the separation.

That throw he had last week in the first half that got picked off was just horrible. And that was not a tough throw. He was a good 7-10 yards off to the inside. The wide open receiver on the corner route was easily tracked down and the pass was intercepted. You usually don't see NFL QB's that far off on easy throws like that.

That throw he had last week in the first half that got picked off was just horrible. And that was not a tough throw. He was a good 7-10 yards off to the inside. The wide open receiver on the corner route was easily tracked down and the pass was intercepted. You usually don't see NFL QB's that far off on easy throws like that.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps but I'm remembering the strike he threw on 4th down against the Browns on MNF. I've seen strides in his passing game which has him in my mind a little better than average.
    "Just cover baby!"

RX Senior
    I know it’s been said, but every GM would take Lamar over Jimmy G.

Injury history has nothing to do with it.

Lamar is just unquestionably better. Has been since he entered the league.

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Avocado33 View Post
    I know it’s been said, but every GM would take Lamar over Jimmy G.

Injury history has nothing to do with it.

Lamar is just unquestionably better. Has been since he entered the league.
    Fully healthy Jimmy G (Super Bowl Jimmy G) vs. Lamar Jackson.

Who takes their team to a Super Bowl faster if on two competetive teams today? LJ is not a better passer than Jimmy G. Better athlete? Yep. Better passer? No way.
    Welchers are the worst.