Forum: MAIN FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Coronavirus Stock Market buy off.

When you start hearing people say "this time is different" immediately do the opposite

At one point this morning bp was trading at deep water horizon numbers and pitching a 7% dividend. OPEC meets this week and is going to cut cut cut...oil had it's worst week in something like 15 years.

Worst point loss this week.fastest correction this week..worst week since 2008..yup that shits bad but guess what it already happened..you wanna bet on we are gonna have a worse worst point loss in history near term? A faster faster correction in history? Market is forward thinking..not past tense.

RX Senior
    Tesla - which had risen fron $230 last July to just over $900 four weeks ago - has dropped to $680 and is for a short while much more accessible.

Past 60 days has seen them increase their share of automaker market capital to number 2 in the world, trailing only Toyota by a modest margin

Best to everyone however you elect to proceed in coming months
    Don Trump is another Nixon.....if Nixon had 4th grade literacy, weighed 321 lbs, snorted amphetamines like Pez, consumed only pureed food & exhibited expanding symptoms of FTD

This is the Fed nightmare scenario. Monetary policy would have zero effect on the economy when the same government encourages everyone to limit public activities. We need to keep an eye on California, they could be the first state to close public schools in coming weeks. It's a big disruption when that happens.

They still don't know everything about this virus - when they do, we can be hopeful that someone will come up with the vaccine/drug to stop this disease.

schmuck
    obviously, the media and the democrats have artificially created this issue to
    scare the public, hurt the economy, and take down trump. it's amazing how
    efficiently and well organized these two groups are to do this so quickly and
    seamlessly. I think Donald trump jr is correct. the democrats want this virus
    to kill millions to hurt trump.

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by niltes View Post
    100% correct!! Well said! And YES,the Democrats DO want people to die so they can win the White House

Quote Originally Posted by niltes View Post

Florida/New England....at least you’re not from Alabama/Michigan lmao

Lol. Would be idiotic to even make that claim considering it’s just the flu and barely killing anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by michael777 View Post
    100% correct!! Well said! And YES,the Democrats DO want people to die so they can win the White House

Lmfao. What do you know, Michael Miselis ?

RX Member
    Kobe wil rise from the dead on Easter and save the world.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Jasmine View Post
    Kobe wil rise from the dead on Easter and save the world.
    that's funny

Quote Originally Posted by RenoChazz View Post
    I didn't see a thread about this so decided to start one. Is this an overreaction, with a correction coming soon? Or is this just the beginning. And how will it affect the presidential race? How will it affect the housing market, as interest rates drop?

My personal thoughts is that it will correct, and the virus will start to naturally die off as we enter spring and summer. I also see a big correction could come if a vaccine comes along. It does have me a little unsettled after what happened today. We haven't had a week like this in a long time.

I do see a lot of doom and gloomers predicting that this is just the beginning and saying to start buying gold. I'm disappointed that the MSM is trying to politicize this, but not surprised.

This is a very serious disease going on here and if you think for one minute that its going to have a quick fix then you are highly mistaken.Olympics are possibaly being postponed,and most likely other events to follow,....do you think all those who have died just said its a flu or something,there are no answers for this right now,and who knows when and if they will
    Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by thekeyman View Post
    This is a very serious disease going on here and if you think for one minute that its going to have a quick fix then you are highly mistaken.Olympics are possibaly being postponed,and most likely other events to follow,....do you think all those who have died just said its a flu or something,there are no answers for this right now,and who knows when and if they will
    People die in considerable numbers with the flu too. Higher numbers that I wasn't aware of...So for me , I'm not panicking anymore than I would with a flu warning

Quote Originally Posted by RED EYE View Post
    People die in considerable numbers with the flu too. Higher numbers that I wasn't aware of...So for me , I'm not panicking anymore than I would with a flu warning

Yea i hear ya Bro,understand what you are saying
    Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.

RX Semi-God
    Why do people keep saying it is "just like the flu"

It is 40x more likely to kill you than the flu and 3x more contagious and much harder detect at early stages.

Yeah, it'll subside eventually and a vaccine will neuter it but it isn't "just like the flu" anymore than Matt Schaub is just like Tom Brady.

Is it likely to kill any of us? No, but it is a legitimate global event with major ramifications and significantly more serious than 99.9% of shit you see in the mainstream media.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post

It is 40x more likely to kill you than the flu and 3x more contagious and much harder detect at early stages.

Yeah, it'll subside eventually and a vaccine will neuter it but it isn't "just like the flu" anymore than Matt Schaub is just like Tom Brady.

Is it likely to kill any of us? No, but it is a legitimate global event with major ramifications and significantly more serious than 99.9% of shit you see in the mainstream media.
    Not sure where you heard its 40X more likely to kill you than the flu ?

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by snoop View Post
    This is the Fed nightmare scenario. Monetary policy would have zero effect on the economy when the same government encourages everyone to limit public activities. We need to keep an eye on California, they could be the first state to close public schools in coming weeks. It's a big disruption when that happens.

They still don't know everything about this virus - when they do, we can be hopeful that someone will come up with the vaccine/drug to stop this disease.
    Nice to see the maven of money in the house.

I think the fed just wants to save asset prices because that is all they've wanted to do for the last 30 years. They know any deflation in that area is going to cause a wide array of defaults throughout the economy.

Yeah cutting is useless on the demand side but they just want to do what they can to avoid deflationary death spiral at all costs.

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by RED EYE View Post
    Not sure where you heard its 40X more likely to kill you than the flu ?
    Early data suggests the rate is 1% vs 0.025%.

I suppose as treatment/detection gets better that 1% will go down quite a bit but that's what it is.

There is no way at this point that we know these figures.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51674743

Early data suggests the rate is 1% vs 0.025%.

I suppose as treatment/detection gets better that 1% will go down quite a bit but that's what it is.
    Way to early to have that kind of number imbalance...

1 COVID-19 death confirmed in WA

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by festeringZit View Post
    There is no way at this point that we know these figures.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51674743
    We do know it is more contagious and much harder to detect at early stages.

And it might not be 40x but it likely isn't anywhere close to 1:1 ratio in regards to death rate vs the flu either.

Nice to see the maven of money in the house.

I think the fed just wants to save asset prices because that is all they've wanted to do for the last 30 years. They know any deflation in that area is going to cause a wide array of defaults throughout the economy.

Yeah cutting is useless on the demand side but they just want to do what they can to avoid deflationary death spiral at all costs.
    Powell was trying to be pro-active but this is not a liquidity issue by any mean. They could go for .25 cut just to calm the market. Trump is about to hold a news conference. They dropped the ball in the last press. His effort to control the narrative fell flat. The DOW plunged add'l 1400 pts.

I'm sampling the event of public school closing in Cali, it would effect 25K jobs (low end) - 48K jobs (high end). Jobs being effect if school close nationwide would be significant. Trump should work on an extend unemployment benefit/universal income package when that happens.

RX Senior
    yeah , very difficult to provide a death rate, but estimates arent a bad thing, even this early in the game.

comparison , death rate;

seasonal flu - 0.1%
    coronavirus- 2% (depends your source)
    sars - 9.6% (nasty)
    MERs- 34% (get out of Dodge)

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...us-death-rate/

of the 2% it appears from early data, most are the elderly ,or the medically compromised

'Front the analysis of death cases, it emerged that the demographic profile was mainly male, accounting for 2/3, females accounting for 1/3, and is mainly elderly, more than 80% are elderly over 60 years old, and more than 75% had underlying diseases present such as cardiovascular and cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and, in some cases, tumor.'
    Pinarello (Paris) 2012 , dura-ace c50, shimano ultegra Di2

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by snoop View Post
    Powell was trying to be pro-active but this is not a liquidity issue by any mean. They could go for .25 cut just to calm the market. Trump is about to hold a news conference. They dropped the ball in the last press. His effort to control the narrative fell flat. The DOW plunged add'l 1400 pts.

I'm sampling the event of public school closing in Cali, it would effect 25K jobs (low end) - 48K jobs (high end). Jobs being effect if school close nationwide would be significant. Trump should work on an extend unemployment benefit/universal income package when that happens.
    Yeah, I was gonna mention in my last post that a stimulus is likely if this persists.

I just think all options are on the table. Maybe a early '08 style stimulus package towards low/middle income in the 300b range ('08 was 150) since that can get into the economy quicker than monetary policy.

Even if SHTF that is one reason I wouldn't be that worried about equities is because they will prop at all costs.

People is packed at Sam's Club/Costco - the panic is spreading fast.