Forum: MAIN FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Coronavirus Stock Market buy off.

RX Local
    Deaths in United States

Coronavirus: 1
    Pedestrian: 6,590 (2019)

Walking on American street is getting ever dangerous. In the past
    10 years, the number of pedestrian deaths has increased by more
    than 50 percent.

Walking on American streets should be banned immediately before
    it spreads to other countries.
    May we think of freedom, not as the right to do as we please, but the
    opportunity to do what is right.

Regular flu Im sure took out dozens today

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by snoop View Post
    People is packed at Sam's Club/Costco - the panic is spreading fast.
    I think we’ll go to NIRP eventually but you think it is in the range of outcomes for this episode?

Before i make my decision to cancel my Vegas march madness trip i am going to call my cardiologist and see what he thinks i should do.If there is anyone who will steer me right it is him for sure
    Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by niltes View Post
    obviously, the media and the democrats have artificially created this issue to
    scare the public, hurt the economy, and take down trump. it's amazing how
    efficiently and well organized these two groups are to do this so quickly and
    seamlessly. I think Donald trump jr is correct. the democrats want this virus
    to kill millions to hurt trump.

Lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by michael777 View Post
    100% correct!! Well said! And YES,the Democrats DO want people to die so they can win the White House
    Dumb, just dumb

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    I think we’ll go to NIRP eventually but you think it is in the range of outcomes for this episode?
    We'll get there, don't see how the Fed can reverse the downtrend. They're flooding the financial system w/ liquidity yet it is still in a deflation mode. If the outbreak last through the summer, China will have a recession later this year, then the US will follow. We likely see more economy stimulus from China/US to reboot the economy. Stock market tend to bottom out before the recovery.

Next week is a big week, not only we're getting bombarding with endless Covid-19 negative headlines, but the Super Tuesday. Bernie Sanders extending lead over others will definitely cause more selling. I hope he does not win, I'm still holding a good chunk of healthcare stocks. Sanders to win Dem nomination will send my bio/healthcare stocks down the toilet.

RX Junior
    Sanders to win Dem nomination will send my bio/healthcare stocks down the toilet. Would that include Abbvie?

Sanders is a real threat to pharmaceutical companies, Sanders President is a total nightmare. I don't believe he could get anything done anyway. Any Sanders overhaul US healthcare proposal is a dead in the water. Short term crash in biotech/pharma stocks would present a golden opp for value investors. US healthcare sector is still one of the best places for your $ in the long run.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Lanquel View Post
    Tesla - which had risen fron $230 last July to just over $900 four weeks ago - has dropped to $680 and is for a short while much more accessible.

Past 60 days has seen them increase their share of automaker market capital to number 2 in the world, trailing only Toyota by a modest margin

Best to everyone however you elect to proceed in coming months

well, she came back to test her breakout area, filled the gap ended with a green candle last friday and today........

TSLA

6 month daily

last friday's low was a critical hold, again where it broke out adn it did hold......can she reclaim her 8 ema tomorrow?....
    Pinarello (Paris) 2012 , dura-ace c50, shimano ultegra Di2

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricboff View Post
    well, she came back to test her breakout area, filled the gap ended with a green candle last friday and today........

TSLA

6 month daily

last friday's low was a critical hold, again where it broke out adn it did hold......can she reclaim her 8 ema tomorrow?....
    Giant 300% spikes are fun to observe but far more pertinent is the question of whether any stock can reasonably forecast at 10% (or more) avg gain per year. I believe Tesla meets that measure and as such any short term dip presents a more optimal moment to participate

As for their ongoing explosive production in China gigafactory, any temporary shutdowns there or elsewhere in the China>outgoing pipeline will soon be overcome by the new gigafactory in Berlin (and possibly central Texas)
    Don Trump is another Nixon.....if Nixon had 4th grade literacy, weighed 321 lbs, snorted amphetamines like Pez, consumed only pureed food & exhibited expanding symptoms of FTD

RX Semi-God
    We'll get there, don't see how the Fed can reverse the downtrend. They're flooding the financial system w/ liquidity yet it is still in a deflation mode. If the outbreak last through the summer, China will have a recession later this year, then the US will follow. We likely see more economy stimulus from China/US to reboot the economy. Stock market tend to bottom out before the recovery.

Next week is a big week, not only we're getting bombarding with endless Covid-19 negative headlines, but the Super Tuesday. Bernie Sanders extending lead over others will definitely cause more selling. I hope he does not win, I'm still holding a good chunk of healthcare stocks. Sanders to win Dem nomination will send my bio/healthcare stocks down the toilet.
    I like utilites and staples ETFs like VPU and VDC (atleast to outperform risk-adjusted whether we move up or down) as fixed income continues to get artificially crushed. Utilities had been crushing since the beginning of the year when it was clear QE/repo wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Search for yield going to get more fierce than ever IMO.

Rate cut set the market moving

RX Semi-God
    Just like we said on the previous page, those ETFs crushing market today already.

They gotta prop at all costs.

RX Semi-God
    Rate cuts passé at this point. Fiscal stimulus is what the addict really needs.

RX Junior
    Yesterday was the dead cat bounce. Still much more downside risk than recovery.

It's a train wreck. Trump/Powell is in a full-blow panic mode. I got out of all financial/insurance stocks today. More rate cuts (very likely) will crush banks.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Yesterday was the dead cat bounce. Still much more downside risk than recovery.
    Agree.

RX Semi-God
    It's a train wreck. Trump/Powell is in a full-blow panic mode. I got out of all financial/insurance stocks today. More rate cuts (very likely) will crush banks.
    Most of the newer WHO data looks pretty bad. Northern Italy seems fucked with the hospital system overwhelmed.

my clock is stuck on 420 time to hit this bong brendanjack's Avatar
    Check out stock INO she hit 7.38 +2.99 today +68.11%. They supposed to have vaccine

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    Most of the newer WHO data looks pretty bad. Northern Italy seems fucked with the hospital system overwhelmed.
    https://www.mail.com/int/scitech/hea...-stage-hero1-1

Oof....Brutal.

Makes you feel fortunate.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by brendanjack View Post
    Check out stock INO she hit 7.38 +2.99 today +68.11%. They supposed to have vaccine

LOL, and it closed at the high for the day, unreal. ........... Folks jumping in, with both feet.....dagone......

Shares of Inovio Pharmaceuticals Inc. rallied more than 16% Tuesday, after the company said it’s accelerating the timeline for development of a vaccine to treat the coronavirus COVID-19 and expects to start human trials in the U.S. next month.
    The stock INO, +69.70% has more than doubled in three months as expectations for the company’s vaccine, called INO-4800, have grown, and as the virus has spread to more than 91,000 people and caused more than 3,100 deaths.
    Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania-based Inovio specializes in developing DNA vaccines and has created products to treat 15 indications. It is the only company to have a phase 2 vaccine for the coronavirus that caused Middle East respiratory syndrome, or MERS. The company was called on to help during the 2016 Zika outbreak and the Ebola outbreak in 2014.
    Inovio Chief Executive Dr. J. Joseph Kim told the U.S. Coronavirus Task Force meeting at the White House on Monday that the company designed INO-4800 on Jan. 10 in three hours after the publication of the genetic sequence of the virus.
    For daily coverage of COVID-19: Coronavirus update: 92,314 cases, 3,131 deaths, at least 107 sickened in the U.S.
    “We immediately began preclinical testing and small-scale manufacture and have already shared robust preclinical data with our public and private partners,” Kim said in a statement. “We plan to begin human clinical trials in the U.S. in April and soon thereafter in China and South Korea, where the outbreak is impacting the most people.”
    Maxim analyst Jason McCarthy, Ph.D., said Inovio likely has the best vaccine option for the new illness. The speed with which it developed INO-4800 “is demonstration of the versatility and speed with which Inovio can respond to an ‘emergency’ situation.”

Religion is a crutch for the weak-minded...Jesse Ventura
    Wow !. it's up another $1.50 to $8.95 in after hours trading.

RX Senior
    a 20% gap up?....so. up 88% in 2 days with no proven vaccine, just starting clinical trials...sounds about right . Congrats to shareholders

RX Semi-God
    Yeah, caveat emptor on that stuff. GL to anyone trying to hit a homerun.