Another Exceptional Read- World facts

Search
Tokens
NON BIASED. Factual information only.

Today’s news was consumed by Trump’s suggestion at yesterday’s coronavirus briefing that doctors should look into the value of disinfectants or sunlight taken internally to kill the novel coronavirus. Since that comment, he has been skewered by medical professionals and made fun of on social media.

The makers of Lysol released a statement warning that “under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion, or any other route),” and the Centers for Disease Control warned that “household cleaners and disinfectants can cause health problems when not used properly.” When asked about the comment, Trump said: “I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen,” then went on to mischaracterize his earlier statements.

It was notable that Daniel Dale’s article in CNN discussing today’s about-face was titled, “Fact check: Trump lies that he was being ‘sarcastic’ when he talked about injecting disinfectant.” Media outlets have been uncomfortable calling out Trump’s lies, instead using words like “untruths,” but Dale has fact-checked every Trump rally and speech in real time and regularly uses the word “lie” on Twitter. That the word is showing up more in news media suggests editors are rethinking how best to cover this president.
Their problem is that everything a president does and says is newsworthy, but reporting what a lying politician says without identifying it as false puts the media in the position of amplifying the skewed message, rather than delivering accurate information.

This tactic was pioneered by Wisconsin Senator Joseph McCarthy in the 1950s. He would accuse people of being communists and spread lies about them in press releases—which got covered by newspaper reporters—then move onto another story as reporters, trudging in his wake, discovered he was lying. But the fact-checking never got the headlines McCarthy’s extraordinary accusations did, and the accusations stuck.

McCarthy’s right-hand man, New York City attorney Roy Cohn, was Trump’s mentor, and it is perhaps no accident that Trump has always used this tactic to great effect. Essentially, he has made the media his accomplice in spreading disinformation.
Aware that this tactic gave Trump more than $5 billion of free airtime in the 2016 election cycle, media figures have tried to figure out how to cover Trump in 2020 without making the same mistake. This is especially important now that his coronavirus briefings have taken the place of his political rallies, making it hard to cover them without amplifying his political message.

As reporters have tried to fact-check him, he insists they are illegitimate. Yesterday, when Washington Post reporter Philip Rucker asked him to clarify his suggestions about alternative treatments for coronavirus, Trump responded: “I’m the president and you’re fake news.” After Trump won the 2016 election, CBS correspondent Lesley Stahl asked him why he continued to bash the media. He replied, "You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so when you write negative stories about me, no one will believe you.”

Trump needs that mistrust of the media now, as American deaths from Covid-19 exceed 50,000. The United States has now suffered one quarter of the world’s 190,000 deaths from the virus. It appears the White House latched onto an unrealistically optimistic model in early April when it suggested we could keep our deaths at 60,000.

Trump is fighting back against news stories that detail the administration’s botched response to the crisis. Administration officials speaking to NBC News say that Trump’s disinfectant suggestion showed his irritation at his health advisers’ continuing warnings that the disease is not going away anytime soon, and that we must be prepared for a second wave in the fall. (In a sign that we are in this for the long haul, the editors of the New York Times announced today that, for the duration of the pandemic, they are replacing the “Travel” section of the Sunday newspaper with one entitled “At Home.”)

Suspicions that Trump is using the pandemic to consolidate power were confirmed in a report from NBC News today establishing that the administration has a secret “adjudication” process that enables Trump’s people to override the formulas designed to apportion medical supplies according to need, sending them instead to Republican supporters. “There’s a lot of politics involved,” one person told reporters. “Senior leadership from [Capitol] Hill can call up and say ‘ship 500 ventilators’ and 500 ventilators go out.”

While a White House spokesman said "It's outrageous that the media would ask or even speculate that the resources being delivered by the federal government to the states is somehow based on politics," reporters Jonathan Allen, Phil McCausland, and Cyrus Farivar establish that it sure looks like federal agents are seizing supplies acquired by Democratic states and redistributing them along partisan lines. And Trump appears to have said so. Last week, he warned that he would withhold supplies from governors who didn’t open up their economies when he wanted. “They need the federal government not only for funding — and I'm not saying take it away — but they need it for advice," he said. "They'll need, maybe, equipment that we have. We have a tremendous stockpile that we're in the process of completing. We're in a very good position."

In more news about the misuse of political power, a digital technology firm working for the Trump campaign, Phunware, got a $2.85 million loan from the Paycheck Protection Program. The loan was legal, but it was nearly 14 times larger than the average award under the program, and it got the loan two days after it applied while other companies that applied earlier for what was supposed to be a first-come, first-served program are still waiting.

Trump also announced today he would block the $10 billion of credit Congress approved this month for the United States Postal Service unless it quadrupled the cost of shipping a package. His hatred of the USPS is rooted in his hatred of Amazon, owned by Jeff Bezos. Bezos also owns the Washington Post.

Trump has his own financing issues: a 30% stake in a building that was refinanced in 2012 in part by the state-owned Bank of China. That debt $211 million comes due in 2022, raising questions about Trump’s conflicts of interest.

The president also needs to control the media as he faces increasing resistance over the amount of power he has claimed for the executive branch in other ways, too. At Politico, reporter David Rogers is chasing the complicated story of how Trump has moved $3.6 billion allotted for military construction overseas to building a wall on the country’s southern border. Since Congress decides on appropriations, this transfer looks dicey.

Also today, news broke that Attorney General William Barr’s Department of Justice has appealed to the Supreme Court to block Congress from seeing the secret grand jury material collected during Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election. Last month, the appeals court agreed by a vote of 2-1 that the House Judiciary Committee has a “compelling need” to see the material so it can investigate the president for obstruction of justice during the investigation. The Justice Department has asked the Supreme Court for a stay.

Finally, the U.S. Navy today formally recommended that Captain Brett Crozier be reinstated as the commander of the USS Theodore Roosevelt. Crozier was removed from his post after writing a letter calling attention to the spread of coronavirus on the ship, but the profane diatribe of the acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas Modly about Crozier after his removal led to an outcry that made Modly resign. To the surprise of Navy officials, Defense Secretary Mark Esper, a Trump loyalist, is holding up Crozier’s reinstatement.

-Heather Cox Richardson - 4/25/20

They better reinstate the US Navy Captain

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory
Handicapper
Tokens
I gave mob a shot, I read this exceptional piece on world facts, WHAT A FUCKING JOKE.

Not sure there's even one fact of substance mentioned, the stuff intelligent people are looking for. This was a he said /;she said superficial fluff piece

More proof, we're just worlds apart. This crowd will never grow up, they're genetically inferior. There's no other plausible explanation considering the idiocy they spew

Tokens
Here MOB read this....
Overview

Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships unfulfilling, and others may not enjoy being around them.
Treatment for narcissistic personality disorder centers around talk therapy (psychotherapy).

Symptoms

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

• Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance (oh yeah, check that one Mob)
  • Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration (check)
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it (lol check)
  • Exaggerate achievements and talents ( what was it?....."accomplished" check)
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people ( well you need to educate so.....check)
  • Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior (CHECK)
  • Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others (check)
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them (wont admit but im sure the case....check)
  • Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
  • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office
At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:

• Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment (LOL CHECK)
  • Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted (YUP check)
  • React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior (LOL CHECK)
  • Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior (AGAIN LOL CHECK)
  • Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change ( to put it lightly yes... check)
  • Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection (probably check)
  • Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation ( oh yeah...CHECK)
When to see a doctor

People with narcissistic personality disorder may not want to think that anything could be wrong, so they may be unlikely to seek treatment. If they do seek treatment, it's more likely to be for symptoms of depression, drug or alcohol use, or another mental health problem. But perceived insults to self-esteem may make it difficult to accept and follow through with treatment.
If you recognize aspects of your personality that are common to narcissistic personality disorder or you're feeling overwhelmed by sadness, consider reaching out to a trusted doctor or mental health provider. Getting the right treatment can help make your life more rewarding and enjoyable.

I gave mob a shot, I read this exceptional piece on world facts, WHAT A FUCKING JOKE.

Not sure there's even one fact of substance mentioned, the stuff intelligent people are looking for. This was a he said /;she said superficial fluff piece

More proof, we're just worlds apart. This crowd will never grow up, they're genetically inferior. There's no other plausible explanation considering the idiocy they spew

:think2:

Tokens
Take a look at the writer's Twitter feed. Most retweets from CNN or Anti-Trump down the page.

Come on Mob.

Tokens
Take a look at the writer's Twitter feed. Most retweets from CNN or Anti-Trump down the page.

Come on Mob.

I just looked. That’s not true at all. She doesn’t just have CNN retweets wtf. Barely any. I didn’t see any but I’m guessing I had to overlook one.

In fact, her twitter bio says this......Historian. Author. Professor. Budding Curmudgeon. I study the contrast between image and reality in America, especially in politics.

So she’s not going to be retweeting CNN a whole lot. She’s a historian who puts context around the facts of world news.

Tokens
She seems pretty non-biased based on the tons of articles she has written about trump... only 100% of them the first couple of pages are negative, so I guess thats as non-biased as you can get.

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/archive?sort=new

What would make it objective to you? That she slurps on trump every write up? She reports the facts. No attacks. It’s all factual information.

What can you say besides hate on the facts?

In a world full of misinformation. This is credible American news.

This lady gets 800+ responses in 11 minutes when she posts this shit at 2 am every morning

Tokens
What would make it objective to you? That she slurps on trump every write up? She reports the facts. No attacks. It’s all factual information.

What can you say besides hate on the facts?

In a world full of misinformation. This is credible American news.

This lady gets 800+ responses in 11 minutes when she posts this shit at 2 am every morning

Well, let's just provide one example from your article which I read fully.

"Trump needs that mistrust of the media now, as American deaths from Covid-19 exceed 50,000."

Mob, the above is not a fact but an opinion. This article isn't a news story...it's an op-ed which is great but it's not a fact based news article.

Tokens

"Trump needs that mistrust of the media now, as American deaths from Covid-19 exceed 50,000."

Mob, the above is not a fact but an opinion. This article isn't a news story...it's an op-ed which is great but it's not a fact based news article.

I thought you were going to come back with a bunch of CNN retweets. Guess not.

Anytime you put context around factual events. It’s going to come off a little opinionated. Somebody had to write it lol. A robot is not going to do it.

This is as non-biased as you’re going to find in American news. No attacks. Just the study between image and reality.

Tokens
“The stuff intelligent people are looking for” :):) comical.

Handicapper
Tokens

He's a dork, and imagine thinking responses to her article means something?

JFC, embarrassing just to know we share the same forum

It's like trying to debate a 4 year old, just less challenging.

He doesn't even know what facts are, how do you reason with that? And why do you bother trying?

Go argue with your toilet bowl, then tell me where it got you

Tokens
1 thing that caught my eye was this...his hatred of usps is rooted in his hatred of amazon...or maybe because usps lose billions every year...i must be out of the loop but...have never heard him say anything about amazon

Tokens
I thought you were going to come back with a bunch of CNN retweets. Guess not.

Anytime you put context around factual events. It’s going to come off a little opinionated. Somebody had to write it lol. A robot is not going to do it.

This is as non-biased as you’re going to find in American news. No attacks. Just the study between image and reality.

Well, that's exactly it. Your article is an opinion piece which is fine but it's not a news piece.

Handicapper
Tokens
Well, that's exactly it. Your article is an opinion piece which is fine but it's not a news piece.

"WORLD FACTS"

as in none to be found

Tokens
"WORLD FACTS"

as in none to be found

I do watch Fox Willie but I watch clips of other things and I've noticed the big difference between Fox and CNN is the delineation between the news/opinion personalities.

Fox makes it clear Hannity and such are opinion people whereas Don Lemon claims to be a news reporter when he's obviously not.

Rx. Senior
Tokens
As reporters have tried to fact-check him, he insists they are illegitimate. Yesterday, when Washington Post reporter Philip Rucker asked him to clarify his suggestions about alternative treatments for coronavirus, Trump responded: “I’m the president and you’re fake news.” After Trump won the 2016 election, CBS correspondent Lesley Stahl asked him why he continued to bash the media. He replied, "You know why I do it? I do it to discredit you all and demean you all so when you write negative stories about me, no one will believe you.”

This paragraph represents some of the best reporting I have read in a long time. It's something people on both sides agree with. Mob obviously agrees with it. Trump supporters obviously agree with the president.

Nirvana Shill
Tokens
I do watch Fox Willie but I watch clips of other things and I've noticed the big difference between Fox and CNN is the delineation between the news/opinion personalities.

Fox makes it clear Hannity and such are opinion people whereas Don Lemon claims to be a news reporter when he's obviously not.

Not the least , CNN and MSNBC lied to their viewers for 3 years with russian collusion. Why anyone would watch a network that lies to you is beyond me.. Fox wasn't lying about Russian collusion...they seemed to present the facts with Ukraine phone call and impeachment.. How did the other networks present it ? Down another rabbit hole...You can see where this all goes.. Do I want to be led down a path of lies with an agenda ? No

Tokens
This paragraph represents some of the best reporting I have read in a long time. It's something people on both sides agree with. Mob obviously agrees with it. Trump supporters obviously agree with the president.

Yes, sir.

That was gaslighting. Make people believe a lie pretty much. Every bit of news that doesn’t favor him it is “fake news” so what he does is gaslight people into thinking what they heard was wrong(the fake news) and that he is right. What comes out of his mouth is right.

Lmfaooooooo

Tokens

No, it’s fact. And it’s non-biased. The whole point of it is to be objective....that’s what a good historian does.

Tokens
No, it’s fact. And it’s non-biased. The whole point of it is to be objective....that’s what a good historian does.

Mob, I already provided one sentence in the top half of the article which is an opinion not a fact.

Neither here nor there. Keep posting articles. I enjoy reading all of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steelreign
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com