Forum: Boxing, UFC, Mixed Martial Arts Forum - Picks, discussion and fighter analysis. This is TheRx's official fighting and combat forum.

Thread: Woodley vs Burns

1. #1 Woodley vs Burns 
    RX Senior
    Haven't been betting UFC for a while. I have had both great and bad streaks. While I would rather just watch with little betting available I think betting a rare fight is alright Most of the fights I liked have won recently, so with lack of betting options I think I am gonna make a few bets. Just an occasional one. Maybe 1 or 2 a card at most

Like Burns +150
    Good price and I think burns is a bit better on the feet as long as he can stay away from the explosive overhand.
    Not really worried about the grappling aspect either. I see value here
    This card ks more interesting than the June 6 card.

I think we will see whether Burns is just a pretender or he has real promise in this fight

Woodley is my favorite, i'm gonna win some cash

RX Semi-God
    Yeah, I'm not sure how you could lay -190 on Woodley at this point. I'd say Woodley by KO at +225 is a better play if you like him.
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Semi-God
    GL, not sure what to expect out of Woodley with a decently long layoff for a 37 year old. Always been more of a fan of him than most and think he got a raw deal having to face Maia/Wonderboy b2b who were both tough stylistic matchups to make an entertaining fight.

Sporting events feel like holidays these days so looking forward to it.
    "Forrest Gump is getting his groove on near a beach in Australia. This shit will blow over in a month" - Enfuego on March 12th, 2020 when talking about COVID-19

RX Semi-God
    I ended up taking Burns +325 via decision....The smaller cage does worry me as it could produce more firefights and exchanges. Especially with Woodley tendency to back up and bring himself into closed quarters.

But Woodley has shown he has a great chin and when he loses it has been via inactivity/being outpointed so hoping the layoff/age gets to him.
    "Forrest Gump is getting his groove on near a beach in Australia. This shit will blow over in a month" - Enfuego on March 12th, 2020 when talking about COVID-19

RX Semi-God
    easy money

RX Junior
    Nice pick on Burns.

Strong performance.

RX Semi-God
    Burns vs Edwards next as a co-main on a card, winner gets a title shot

Great performance by Burns but obviously it does need to be said that when Woodley loses, it is usually in ugly fashion. Just think the division has passed him by at this point, WW is loaded.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    I ended up taking Burns +325 via decision....The smaller cage does worry me as it could produce more firefights and exchanges. Especially with Woodley tendency to back up and bring himself into closed quarters.

But Woodley has shown he has a great chin and when he loses it has been via inactivity/being outpointed so hoping the layoff/age gets to him.

Nice dog
    Glad burns won. I think he may be better than Covington, Masvidal and Edwards. Usman would be interesting

RX Senior
    burns looked phenomenal

RX Semi-God
    I'm leaning Garbrandt next week, still think he has what it takes to fight at the highest levels in that division. His handspeed/power at 135 is pretty elite, just his fight IQ sucks. He did take 2 of his 3 KO's to roided up Dillashaw though. Probably the GOAT of 135. Will probably watch Assancao's win over Munhoz first though.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    I'm leaning Garbrandt next week, still think he has what it takes to fight at the highest levels in that division. His handspeed/power at 135 is pretty elite, just his fight IQ sucks. He did take 2 of his 3 KO's to roided up Dillashaw though. Probably the GOAT of 135. Will probably watch Assancao's win over Munhoz first though.
    I was thinking Assuncao but I am not sure. Garbrandt has fast hands but his defense is suspect. His three losses came to guys with good offense. I am not impressed by his wins. Also lean Sandhagen but I am not sure enough about either of these fights. Maybe I will take the card off. Little more research

RX Semi-God
    I meant to say Assancao's losses to Sandhagen and Moraes at the end of post#11

Garbrandt seems like he is with TAM in name only now as he changed striking coaches and is now working with Mark Henry, who has had a lot of success at the lower weight classes. He's still only 28, adjustments in his game could go a long way with the handspeed/power he has.