Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: NBA to paint 'Black Lives Matter' on courts in Orlando arenas, report says

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 NBA to paint 'Black Lives Matter' on courts in Orlando arenas, report says 
    RX Local
    The NBA is planning to paint “Black Lives Matter” on all three basketball courts when the 2020 season resumes at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla., on July 30, according to ESPN.

In an effort to continue talking about social justice and racial inequality, the league will paint the phrase inside both sidelines. Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Chris Paul, who is also the president of the National Basketball Players Association, told The Undefeated that the union was working with the league to have players wear "personalized social justice, social cause or charity messages" on the backs of their jerseys.

The league released its schedule last Friday, and the first set of games is set to feature Zion Williamson and the New Orleans Pelicans, as well as LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers. New Orleans will play in the first game of the resumed NBA season on July 30, taking on Utah in the opener of a doubleheader. And, just as the initial first night of this season-like-none-other did, the second game of the nationally televised twinbill will pit the Lakers against the Los Angeles Clippers.

For the 22 teams going to Disney, the setup of the eight-game slates will be largely the same — one back-to-back for each of the clubs, with all the games set to be played in a 16-day span ending Aug. 14. The NBA will be using three arenas at Disney, and other than the two-game slate on the opening night, between four and seven games are set to take place each day.

There will be some very unusual elements, with games starting as early as 1 p.m. on weekdays, 12:30 p.m. on weekends and most nights seeing the slate end with 9 p.m. tip-offs — other than NBA Finals games, an absolute rarity for games being played on the East Coast.

Plans called for 52 of the 88 seeding games to be televised nationally, with 18 on TNT (including the opening-night doubleheader), 17 on ESPN, 14 on NBA TV, and three on ABC. Games will be shown in local markets as well.

Most of the arenas on the ESPN Wide World of Sports campus will be used for multiple games each day, with no tip-off scheduled for less than four hours apart in each of those three buildings — and with the league allowing time in between games for heavy sanitizing.

If a play-in tournament for the No. 8 seed in either conference is needed by the ninth-place team finishing within four games of the team in eighth, those games in a best-of-two series that the No. 9 team would need to sweep would begin on Aug. 15.

The NBA playoffs will begin Aug. 17, and the NBA Finals are set to begin Sept. 30 with a possible Game 7 on Oct. 13.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ndo-courts.amp

RX Local
    I wonder if MLB, NHL & NFL do the same......

Disgusting!
    Progressivism is the bastard child of Marxism

We'll see how all this goes with the bottom line.. Will this bring more people to arenas and stadiums ? Or will we see more empty seats ? Obviously we won't know for awhile

Painting BLM on the court isn't going to make me like the NBA . They need to stick to their product and not cater to this BLM nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Computer Group View Post
    I'm sure they will

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by The Computer Group View Post
    U know damn well that they will !

RX Senior

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    That will help make sure racism stays stronger than it has since the 1960's, just like Democrats and their media are working to achieve

If you want a color blind society, you have to stop dividing us by color

A simple concept that far too many people can't comprehend
    Living & loving life, despite the bumps. And laughing every day at modern day thought police, thank you

RX Junior
    [QUOTE=Willie99;13174351]That will help make sure racism stays stronger than it has since the 1960's, just like Democrats and their media are working to achieve

If you want a color blind society, you have to stop dividing us by color

/QUOTE]
    Very well said Willie99

RX Semi-God
    Make not mistake, Black Lives Matter is a political group so with that said, is the NBA going to allow other political groups to advertise on their courts too?
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Junior
    Probably be in all NBA arenas next season

RX Semi-God
    Supporting a communist group. Hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    Make not mistake, Black Lives Matter is a political group so with that said, is the NBA going to allow other political groups to advertise on their courts too?
    Terrorist group would be my classification

RX Junior
    Gotta do what you gotta do to make your players "happy" since they will be away from their families for up to 3 months.

The players also can make a statement on the back of their uniforms.

This will not stop me from watching but when i'm watching the thunder vs nuggets, i'm going to think that George Floyd made a 3 pt shot

RX Semi-God
    NBA Commissioner Wants “Mutual Respect” With China

Quote Originally Posted by StevieRay View Post
    NBA Commissioner Wants “Mutual Respect” With China
    Fuck the NBA and China

The NBA and NFL are all in with BLM.

It's up to people who don't agree with BLM to quit financially supporting these organizations along with their advertisers and partners.

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by RED EYE View Post
    Fuck the NBA and China
    [QUOTE=Captain Lee;13175654]The NBA and NFL are all in with BLM.

It's up to people who don't agree with BLM to quit financially supporting these organizations along with their advertisers and partners.[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree.
    What patriotic man, what family man, what man who believes in the flag, the military, and law enforcement, should support the NBA and NFL?
    I will mention this to 200 of my closest friends and suggest they all mention it to their closest 200 friends.

i doubt they even play. espn is telling one team it has too many corona hoax cases and should drop out. the first corona hoax case during games and they cancel right there. it won't even get that far.
    government...is a waste of taxpayers money.

Quote Originally Posted by rush__man View Post
    i doubt they even play. espn is telling one team it has too many corona hoax cases and should drop out. the first corona hoax case during games and they cancel right there. it won't even get that far.
    I hope you're right. Not that I would watch , but not interested in seeing soundbites from these China dick sucking players like James

Quote Originally Posted by RED EYE View Post
    I hope you're right. Not that I would watch , but not interested in seeing soundbites from these China dick sucking players like James
    ya i am so far away from watching its not funny. might as well play em on pluto.
    government...is a waste of taxpayers money.

RX Junior
    [QUOTE=Serbone;13175658]
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lee View Post
    The NBA and NFL are all in with BLM.

It's up to people who don't agree with BLM to quit financially supporting these organizations along with their advertisers and partners.[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree.
    What patriotic man, what family man, what man who believes in the flag, the military, and law enforcement, should support the NBA and NFL?
    I will mention this to 200 of my closest friends and suggest they all mention it to their closest 200 friends.
    Wow....so a 40,200 man spank fest
    Don Trump is another Nixon.....if Nixon had 4th grade literacy, weighed 321 lbs, snorted amphetamines like Pez, consumed only pureed food & exhibited expanding symptoms of FTD

RX Junior
    There goes my occasional hobby of wagering on sports. Im done. I will never watch or support any of them again. I hope all of them go bankrupt! That includes NASCAR!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsm60 View Post
    There goes my occasional hobby of wagering on sports. Im done. I will never watch or support any of them again. I hope all of them go bankrupt! That includes NASCAR!
    Noosecar