Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Saints' Drew Brees calls national anthem comments 'missed opportunity' but says he'll still stand---Brees said he plans to stand during the national anthem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Saints' Drew Brees calls national anthem comments 'missed opportunity' but says he'll still stand---Brees said he plans to stand during the national anthem 
    RX Local
    New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees revisited his initial remarks about kneeling during the national anthem on Saturday, explaining that he “missed an opportunity” in saying he would not agree with anyone “disrespecting the flag.”

In a conference call with reporters, Brees again expressed remorse for his June comments about players kneeling during the national anthem amid the renewed debate following the May 25 death of George Floyd.

“To think for a second that New Orleans or the State of Louisiana, or the Black community would think I was not standing with them for social justice, that completely broke my heart,” he said. “It was crushing. Never, ever would I feel that way.”

He continued: “I recognize that I missed an opportunity that day. I had an opportunity to talk about and emphasize the social injustices that exist for our Black community and our need as a country to support them and advocate for systemic change.”

“And my lack of awareness in that moment hurt a lot of people.”

Brees said he’s since had conversations with the team, many who have openly accepted his apologies and decided to stand behind their quarterback.

Brees singled out safety Malcolm Jenkins, who had been among his harshest critics on social media before Brees' public apology, saying, "I am a friend of Malcolm, I am his teammate and I am his ally. There are many things that we’re having a conversation about working on together. All of our goals are aligned.”

But despite a number of apologies, Brees announced Saturday that he intends to stand during the national anthem while also supporting his teammates who choose not to.

“I’ll always stand for the flag because of what it means to me and to honor all those who have sacrificed, who have served and died for our country, and all those who have struggled to move this country forward,” he said.

“I acknowledge and respect anyone who chooses to kneel or any other form of peaceful protest to bring attention to social injustice and system racism that so many have endured and continue to endure in our country.”

Brees added that he will “always” support the “fight for social justice.”

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/saint...ll-still-stand

RX Local
    This will be interesting to see if he stands for the anthem/flag once NFL season starts.........

RX Wizard
    They named the sissy right long ago,Nancy Drew,he is a pathetic Leftist

RX Wizard
    unbelievable the fake news has moved our society to a point where if u stand for the national anthem u r racist

RX Junior

RX Semi-God

Not sure who I despise more ..Brees or James

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    unbelievable the fake news has moved our society to a point where if u stand for the national anthem u r racist

Lmfao join the club. Kaepernick in 2016 was kicked out the league for NOT standing. So was Eric Reid. Until eventually they gave him a shot and he has dominated ever since. Both were blackballed out of the league after kneeling during the anthem back in 2016 and vilified you stupid fuck. Quick to forget
    They call me a menace. And if the shoe-fits I’ll wear it. But if it don’t, then y’all swallow the truth grin and bare it.

Fuck drew brees. But not for the same reasons you stupid ass klannies dislike him
    They call me a menace. And if the shoe-fits I’ll wear it. But if it don’t, then y’all swallow the truth grin and bare it.

RX Wizard
    Nancy Drew

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobdeeper7239 View Post
    Lmfao join the club. Kaepernick in 2016 was kicked out the league for NOT standing. So was Eric Reid. Until eventually they gave him a shot and he has dominated ever since. Both were blackballed out of the league after kneeling during the anthem back in 2016 and vilified you stupid fuck. Quick to forget
    He was kicked out of the league because he sucks.
    Welchers are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    He was kicked out of the league because he sucks.

You know nothing about football.

Everyone who knows football knows that’s a lie.

Because if you watched the years that followed, they started horse shit at QB. You don’t know anything about football though, little girl.

RX Semi-God
    You know nothing about football.

Everyone who knows football knows that’s a lie.

Because if you watched the years that followed, they started horse shit at QB. You don’t know anything about football though, little girl.
    Say what you will, how'd he do in his final year in the league before he met the racist girlfriend of his and became all radical?
    Welchers are the worst.

Eric Reid was also kicked out of the league

Until one team who’s racist owner was forced to sell to a non racist picked up Eric Reid.

Know your facts dumbfuck

He was great for possibly the worst roster I have seen in the last decade at least. Don’t know anything about his girlfriend. But no man in the nfl is letting a woman control their lives. Promise you that

RX Wizard
    Thank God Popovich didn't take a knee - dude hates Trump - hates racism - and knows taking a knee during the national anthem is for Colin Kapernick

They probably had the worst roster since the 0-16 2008 lions

But you don’t know football so you wouldn’t know that. Lmao

Thank God Popovich didn't take a knee - dude hates Trump - hates racism - and knows taking a knee during the national anthem is for Colin Kapernick

I can guarantee you the reason he didn’t take a knee is because Becky Hammon didn’t. And the only reason why.

RX Wizard
    Rightfully so, no? he's an employee - boss said he was hurting his business - that's what happens - see the vid of the girl calling the cops on the black bird watcher? see the vid of the girl that was gonna stab anyone that said all lives matter? they too were bad for business and fired - that's how it works in the real world - when is ur next seminar about ur rights? u get a hat and shirt with admittance?

RX Wizard
    I can guarantee you the reason he didn’t take a knee is because Becky Hammon didn’t. And the only reason why.
    Im thinking it just might have to do with his military service - just maybe though

RX Wizard
    Love Harden too - didnt cave to this mob - wore a blue lives matter mask - and his name is on the jersey - not some he hate me mickey mouse shit

RX Semi-God
    Eric Reid was also kicked out of the league

Until one team who’s racist owner was forced to sell to a non racist picked up Eric Reid.

Know your facts dumbfuck
    I didn't say anything about Eric Reed.
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Semi-God
    Again, in this thread yelling racism is a white guy raised in the richest county in Maryland. He's the Karen of this forum.
    Welchers are the worst.

He will get the best effort of many blitzing players this season.

RX Senior
    Love Harden too - didnt cave to this mob - wore a blue lives matter mask - and his name is on the jersey - not some he hate me mickey mouse shit
    Yeah, but he said he didn't know what the mask represented. He back tracked on it