Forum: MAIN FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Itís sad some team from the NFC Least is gonna get a first round bye in the playoffs.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    Dallas or Philly will be like 8-8 and win the division. Not incredibly uncommon for a .500 type team to finish 8-8 or 9-7 and win a bad division. Everyone remembers Seattle being 7-9 that one year and hosting the Saints in the 1st round. And actually winning. I think a few years ago Carolina won their division going 7-9 as well.

I'm in agreement the seeding needs to change though. An 8-8 team should not get HFA over an 11-5 Wildcard team just because they won their crappy division.
    Dallas very easily could have more wins than the Saints or Tampa..

RX Semi-God
    NFC West might have 4 of the top 8 teams in the conference. Sure that will regress as they beat up on one another but still....
    "Forrest Gump is getting his groove on near a beach in Australia. This shit will blow over in a month" - Enfuego on March 12th, 2020 when talking about COVID-19

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    NFC West might have 4 of the top 8 teams in the conference. Sure that will regress as they beat up on one another but still....
    With all the injuries, I could see SF being a .500 team this year. You just can't lose that much talent and it not seriously effect your bottom line. Especially in a division that tough.

We are only 1/8 through the season and a lot could still happen, but what would the odds have been for SF to finish last in that division going into the season? You would have been laughed at for making that prediction a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RED EYE View Post
    Dallas very easily could have more wins than the Saints or Tampa..
    It's possible. Especially if you factor in the possibility of key injuries and the garbage division Dallas plays in.

RX Semi-God
    With all the injuries, I could see SF being a .500 team this year. You just can't lose that much talent and it not seriously effect your bottom line. Especially in a division that tough.

We are only 1/8 through the season and a lot could still happen, but what would the odds have been for SF to finish last in that division going into the season? You would have been laughed at for making that prediction a month ago.
    I already bet the Giants +4 this week. SF got so many injuries it is almost comical. Bosa, Sherman, Ford all out on defense. Traded Buckner to the Colts for a 1st. On Offense they got Deebo/Mostert/T Coleman all out, Staley retired (replaced him with Trent Williams so we'll see how that goes), Kittle and Jimmy are both banged up.

Maybe it isn't enough issues to lose to NYG but if you're that banged up and it is only week 2 then it may be a long year.
    "Forrest Gump is getting his groove on near a beach in Australia. This shit will blow over in a month" - Enfuego on March 12th, 2020 when talking about COVID-19

RX Local
    How is San Fran's O line?

Jurcyk is back and healthy. Wilson ran very well in relief last year.

Nobody has mentioned about all those years NE won their division to easily advance to the Super Bowl....The AFC East was a joke....automatic bye for NE Pats every year and an easy path of home games to the championship games.....Miami, Jets, and Buff were an easy 5-1 or 6-0 record....

RX Semi-God
    No doubt VD, no one has ever mentioned that before.

This is the first I’m hearing about this so called “AFC east sucks” angle, interesting.

This is the first Iím hearing about this so called ďAFC east sucksĒ angle, interesting.

This is the first I’m hearing about this so called “AFC east sucks” angle, interesting.
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by VIEJO DINOSAUR View Post
    Nobody has mentioned about all those years NE won their division to easily advance to the Super Bowl....The AFC East was a joke....automatic bye for NE Pats every year and an easy path of home games to the championship games.....Miami, Jets, and Buff were an easy 5-1 or 6-0 record....
    And whatís that have to do with the current NFC East? There is no New England caliber team currently in that division. You have teams ranging from horrible to average at best.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPTALK View Post
    I think both those teams would win the NFC Least .

I mean the Rams are already 2-0 against the supposed 2 best teams in the NFC Least .

And Arizona?

They already 1-0 against the least and beat the NFC champs already
    doubt either one would be -150 tho, especially the cards. its only 2 games into the season. cards could still go 6-10 easily

Quote Originally Posted by Louie12 View Post
    cards could still go 6-10 easily
    Most teams outside of a few stacked rosters are a couple injuries away from being a 6-10 team.

Banned
    Most teams outside of a few stacked rosters are a couple injuries away from being a 6-10 team.
    point being they arent head and shoulders above those teams, especially dallas. very unproven team. 2-0 teams falter all the time

doubt either one would be -150 tho, especially the cards. its only 2 games into the season. cards could still go 6-10 easily
    I can go along with that.

I do believe all 4 teams in the west would be favored to win the east though .
    2017 Super Bowl Champs

point being they arent head and shoulders above those teams, especially dallas. very unproven team.
    For sure. But the same can be said with more than half the league.

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    How is San Fran's O line?

Jurcyk is back and healthy. Wilson ran very well in relief last year.
    Late reply, just saw this. Their OL is pretty much the only strength of their team right now, it is very good.

Kittle and JimmyG both out as well as all of the guys I just mentioned. We'll see what happens, I'm a little higher on Danny Dimes than most. If their offense could ever get reasonably healthy I think he has potential.

What a cool idea you got .
    He letís not bet on the games till after the games are over instead of making silly predictions with our money half the time .

This is a sports betting forum .

Sports betting is about speculation and making predictions.

If that sort of thing is not your thing go find a history forum or something like that .

I will go ahead and not wait till week 7 to start this thread .

Name one team in the NFC West that if they played in the NFC least would not be at least -150 to win the Least .
    I didn't present any "ideas"....and certainly never made the ridiculous proposal you try to
    suggest, by twisting my words.

I simply opined that your opinion -- that the NFC East will be a sorry cast of characters again --
    seems premature after week 2.

Which it is, in my opinion!

May I suggest you go back to bed, and get up on the right side of it?

That might not help, but it couldn't hurt.

This division should not be allowed to have a playoff team
    2017 Super Bowl Champs

This division should not be allowed to have a playoff team
    This could end up being the worst division in NFL history. 6 wins could win the division! The Cowgirls should be winless if Falcons hadn't choked two weeks ago.

RX Wizard
    Redskins are in 1st as of now

Chop probably concerned about history repeating itself.. losing team beating the Saints in the playoffs like Seahawks did a few years ago

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    I'm not a begin fan of these type of threads, the nuances of the truth often times tell a different story and every division as had really bad years. But with the Eagles in first place at 1-2-1, and the Eagles have looked horrible to date, Chop may be on to something this year.

Only four games played, and both the Eagles & Cowboys have the potential to turn it around, but it is an ugly start.

On a sidebar, WTF Cowboys? They are one miraculous comeback away from 0-4. Bust of the year thus far, especially since they were a SB favorite in some circles
    Free daycare, preschool, college, healthcare, prescriptions, it's all free people. Redirect police funding, navigate away from oil, the Green New deal, pack the SC 😆

RX Semi-God
    Dallas/Phi +100
    Skins 10-1
    Giants 40-1

Dallas/Phi +100
    Odds the 12/27 game ultimately decides the division? -99999999.