Forum: MAIN FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: The 2020 Seattle Seahawks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The 2020 Seattle Seahawks 
    5 games in. 5-0. And I'm gonna call for the... OVERRATED tag. Yup. That just happened.

Wilson has been fantastic and he is 100% in the lead at this point for the MVP. But let's a look at who they have beat thus far. In parenthesis is the opponents current record.

Seattle 38
    Atlanta 25 (1-5)

Seattle 35
    New England 30 (2-3)

Seattle 38
    Dallas 30 (2-4)

Seattle 31
    Miami 23 (3-3)

Seattle 27
    Minnesota 26 (1-5)

The combined record of Seattle's opponents is 9-20. Their defense has been atrocious as a whole against bad teams.

I think when the dust settles, we will look back at this 5-0 start and say... OVERRATED.

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
    5 games in. 5-0. And I'm gonna call for the... OVERRATED tag. Yup. That just happened.

Wilson has been fantastic and he is 100% in the lead at this point for the MVP. But let's a look at who they have beat thus far. In parenthesis is the opponents current record.

Seattle 38
    Atlanta 25 (1-5)

Seattle 35
    New England 30 (2-3)

Seattle 38
    Dallas 30 (2-4)

Seattle 31
    Miami 23 (3-3)

Seattle 27
    Minnesota 26 (1-5)

The combined record of Seattle's opponents is 9-20. Their defense has been atrocious as a whole against bad teams.

I think when the dust settles, we will look back at this 5-0 start and say... OVERRATED.
    Jamal Adams has played lights out thus far this year and is the best safety in the game but he's been hurt for essentially the last 3 games. Just keep that in mind when evaluating the defense.
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Semi-God
    That's just how Seattle is. They won 11 of the 13 games they won by 1 score last year as well.

Hell, I bet them in the playoffs vs Philly and Josh McCown is the QB playing with a torn groin for Philly. And I STILL gotta sweat that until the final minutes. And this is a game Wilson was averaging like 11-12 yards a pass.

They will be there at the end, although perhaps, one of these playoff games the close game won't go their way. Just like it didn't week 16 vs the 9ers last year which made them the #5 seed instead of the #1.
    "Forrest Gump is getting his groove on near a beach in Australia. This shit will blow over in a month" - Enfuego on March 12th, 2020 when talking about COVID-19

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    Jamal Adams has played lights out thus far this year and is the best safety in the game but he's been hurt for essentially the last 3 games. Just keep that in mind when evaluating the defense.
    Adams still out this week ?

AB might be on the way
    GO LEAFS GO

RX Wizard
    Stop comparing them to the great defensive days'
    Still looking like a top 5 team'
    With Wilson they have a shot

9-15
    you really can’t count The losses they have the other team.

Adams is great. But the defense has been bad as a whole, with or without him. Just keep that in mind when evaluating the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by 5teamparlay View Post
    9-15
    you really can’t count The losses they have the other team.
    Haha. I see your point. But an argument could be made that they should be counted. Because they played. And lost. Deserves consideration when looking at the big picture..

Quote Originally Posted by exploited17 View Post
    Stop comparing them to the great defensive days
    Umm.. I'm not.

With Wilson they have a shot
    They have a shot every game with Wilson. But I think the NFC Championship game is probably the ceiling with this team. I don't think they should be considered a Super Bowl "favorite" like many people are talking with that defense.

Quote Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
    AB might be on the way
    Does he play defense?

RX Semi-God
    What is your NFC power rankings? They're in the hunt because they have the best QB and an elite passing game. Just like they were last year.

Thread seems more hot take than substance, no offense. Unless you're trying to make the point the Cardinals or Rams are better or something, but it just seems like you're saying "I heard on ESPN these guys are superbowl favorites, meh"
    "Forrest Gump is getting his groove on near a beach in Australia. This shit will blow over in a month" - Enfuego on March 12th, 2020 when talking about COVID-19

Does he play defense?
    sometimes
    GO LEAFS GO

RX Wizard
    Who is better in the NFC though
    No team in the NFC appears to be anything special
    And KC won the SB with a blah defense
    Granted Mahomes has more offensive fire power to work with
    But the NFC doesn't offer great teams

Saints
    Packers
    Bears
    Rams Cardinals
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    What is your NFC power rankings? They're in the hunt because they have the best QB and an elite passing game. Just like they were last year.

Thread seems more hot take than substance, no offense. Unless you're trying to make the point the Cardinals or Rams are better or something, but it just seems like you're saying "I heard on ESPN these guys are superbowl favorites, meh"
    I agree they will be in the hunt. #3 is a game changer for sure. He's special. I guess my point is, they are not as good as that 5-0 makes them out to look. Thus OVERRATED.

Taking every game into account this year and looking at the big picture, current injuries, potential when players return from those injures... I'd make my power rankings something like this..

1. Tampa Bay
    2. Green Bay
    3. Los Angeles Rams
    4. Seattle
    5. New Orleans
    6. San Francisco
    7. Chicago
    8. Carolina
    9. Arizona
    10. Detroit
    11. Atlanta
    12. Philadelphia
    13. Minnesota
    14. Dallas
    15. NY Giants
    16. Washington

Who is better in the NFC though
    No team in the NFC appears to be anything special
    And KC won the SB with a blah defense
    Granted Mahomes has more offensive fire power to work with
    But the NFC doesn't offer great teams
    You make good points. You could make a good argument every NFC team at least has a flaw or two.

I'd rank Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, and Tennessee over any NFC team right now. Colts and Bills are right there with any NFC team IMO..

RX Semi-God
    Rams are 4-2 with all 4 of their wins against the NFC LEast. Sure they played Bills until the end and a dubious PI call doomed them, but they also got a nice call on the Gallup/Ramsey play to beat Dallas. Barely beat the Giants at home. Just got handled by the 9ers who had half their defense out.

McVeigh schemes it up well but their offense is just limited talent wise, although their OL is playing way better than last year. I'll go with Seattle there.

I dunno, don't seem very overrated to me. I think their shortcomings on defense/offensive line and coaching are well documented.

Outside of division games and the game at Buffalo, the rest of Seattle's schedule is cake: Eagles, Giants, Jets, Washington. Garbage.
    I say they go .500 in their division. All quality opponents in division. And lose at Buffalo. So. 12-4. And yes.. They will be an OVERRATED 12-4.

RX Semi-God
    They're better than last year IMO. Metcalf is best young WR in the game I'd say (<4 years playing we'll call it) and while I think Carroll is kindof an idiot, he is atleast letting Russ throw the ball this year rather than run Chris Carson for the first 3 quarters and then Wilson has to bail them out in the 4th. Just changing playcalling on 1st down goes a long way.

Rams are 4-2 with all 4 of their wins against the NFC LEast. Sure they played Bills until the end and a dubious PI call doomed them, but they also got a nice call on the Gallup/Ramsey play to beat Dallas. Barely beat the Giants at home. Just got handled by the 9ers who had half their defense out.

McVeigh schemes it up well but their offense is just limited talent wise, although their OL is playing way better than last year. I'll go with Seattle there.
    I agree. It's very close between the Rams and Seahawks. Flip a coin.

I dunno, don't seem very overrated to me. I think their shortcomings on defense/offensive line and coaching are well documented.
    Well, I think we both can agree that "overrated" is a subject term. In the first place, ratings are subjective to begin with. You would first need to see someone else's rankings, before nitpicking whether teams are underrated or overrated.

Just makes for good banter amongst football fans. Especially when a little bored. Thus the thread..

RX Semi-God
    Well, I think we both can agree that "overrated" is a subject term. In the first place, ratings are subjective to begin with. You would first need to see someone else's rankings, before nitpicking whether teams are underrated or overrated.

Just makes for good banter amongst football fans. Especially when a little bored. Thus the thread..
    You think they go in and beat Arizona on the road?
    Welchers are the worst.

You think they go in and beat Arizona on the road?
    Thatís a weird in division series. Seattle usually plays well in AZ. And AZ has upset than many times in Seattle. So Iím not sure. Should be a fun game to watch. Iíd expect a shootout.

Home of the Cincinnati Criminals. bigbet1234's Avatar

Seattle 38
    Atlanta 25 (1-5)

Seattle 35
    New England 30 (2-3)

Seattle 38
    Dallas 30 (2-4)

Seattle 31
    Miami 23 (3-3)

Seattle 27
    Minnesota 26 (1-5)

Good teams find a way to win. You ever been a bengals fan?