Forum: Political Forum - Spirited Political comedy. All serious political and World Event posting is also to be posted in this forum.

Thread: Conspiracy nut job theories

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Conspiracy nut job theories 

you ever notice the one commonalty that all conspiracy theories have? None of those who adhere to the theory ever tries to "prove" it.

that's because conspiracy theories rely on the fact that you cannot prove a negative. It's virtually impossible.

for example, as much as we can prove there was a moon landing by nasa, we cannot prove that it wasn't staged on a hollywood set.

As much as we can prove that two planes were purposely crashed into the twin towers, we cannot prove that it was not an inside job.

As much as we can prove that the earth is spherical in shape, we cannot prove that it's not flat.

Despite all the sound, concrete evidence that shows the easter bunny, santa claus and the tooth fairy do not exist, we cannot prove with 100% certainty they do not exist.

Be well, live long & prosper! "What's the correct response to forum trolls": http://www.therxforum.com/showthread.php?t=1142443

RX Senior
    I admit I am a conspiracy theory nut I love them

RX Local
    X-files describing himself.

Absolute nut job.
    Mobs or Jobs!

"You can put on a mask, keep proper hygiene, socially distance like you're supposed to for the greater good of the community, it's really not that hard.
    Absolutely other people's health is dependant on how selfish people act, Unfortunately although a small percentage of the population but there are a significant bunch of selfish Covidiot that are having an effect on the spread of the Coronavirus.
    Be well, live long & prosper! "What's the correct response to forum trolls": http://www.therxforum.com/showthread.php?t=1142443

RX Local
    Go fk yourself and your mask.

You stay home.

I know the risks.
    Mobs or Jobs!

"I always refer back to the "teapot theory" of philosopher Bertrand Russell (also called Russell's teapot), which I think outlines this concept perfectly.

If you're not familiar with the theory, it goes like this: If I tell you there is a teapot that's orbiting Mars that's too small to be seen with a telescope, and I offer you absolutely no evidence that the teapot exists, would you believe in the teapot? Probably not. Still, you would not be able to prove to me that the orbiting celestial teapot does not exist. But just because you cannot prove there's not a teapot orbiting Mars doesn't mean people should now start believing in the teapot.

The point of the analogy is that the burden of proof lies 100% with the person/people making an unprovable claim -- in this case, it is absolutely not the job of non-believers, such as you and I, to prove [the teapot exists], but it is up to the people making the claim... to prove that they're correct.

Bertrand Russell's teapot can likewise be applied to virtually every conspiracy theory -- it's not up to us to prove those theories wrong; it's up to conspiracy theorists to prove themselves correct if they want to be believed."

"OK, I will use an old one. I say there is a Flying Spaghetti Monster. You should believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Now prove to me that the Flying Spaghetti Monster does not exist."

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Files View Post
    "I always refer back to the "teapot theory" of philosopher Bertrand Russell (also called Russell's teapot), which I think outlines this concept perfectly.

If you're not familiar with the theory, it goes like this: If I tell you there is a teapot that's orbiting Mars that's too small to be seen with a telescope, and I offer you absolutely no evidence that the teapot exists, would you believe in the teapot? Probably not. Still, you would not be able to prove to me that the orbiting celestial teapot does not exist. But just because you cannot prove there's not a teapot orbiting Mars doesn't mean people should now start believing in the teapot.

The point of the analogy is that the burden of proof lies 100% with the person/people making an unprovable claim -- in this case, it is absolutely not the job of non-believers, such as you and I, to prove [the teapot exists], but it is up to the people making the claim... to prove that they're correct.

Bertrand Russell's teapot can likewise be applied to virtually every conspiracy theory -- it's not up to us to prove those theories wrong; it's up to conspiracy theorists to prove themselves correct if they want to be believed."

You mean like Russian collusion. Nice theory, go fk yourself.
    Mobs or Jobs!

RX Senior
    "OK, I will use an old one. I say there is a Flying Spaghetti Monster. You should believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

The church of the flying spaghetti monster

RX Junior

If you need proof of this you are even dumber than everybody already knows you are.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    the biggest bottom feeder on theRx

X-Holes claim to fame is posting somebody else's plays, think about that
    Free daycare, preschool, college, healthcare, prescriptions, it's all free people. Redirect police funding, navigate away from oil, yet still support fracking & coal 🤣

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by rwjr View Post
    I admit I am a conspiracy theory nut I love them
    Somehow, that doesn't come as a big surprise. You first sentence had 2 words too many, removing the 6th and 7th word is what they call a self authenticating statement.

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsm60 View Post
    If you need proof of this you are even dumber than everybody already knows you are.
    Yeah, well, we're FUNNY that way, you'll pardon us if we don't just take the WORD of a moron.

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    the biggest bottom feeder on theRx

X-Holes claim to fame is posting somebody else's plays, think about that
    And, YOUR claim to fame is that, in 67 more posts-as of writing-you'll have SEVENTY-FIVE THOUSAND EXAMPLES, neatly divisible by almost exactly 15 years, of the fact that you're an idiot, two recent examples (endlessly repeated), being:

TRUMP WILL WIN RE-ELECTION

COVID IS "OVERSOLD"

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafinch View Post
    Yeah, well, we're FUNNY that way, you'll pardon us if we don't just take the WORD of a moron.
    That would involve the two of you taking your own word. So, Did you scam anyone today, Dafatfuck? Been playing with your acid laced dildo again?

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    You mean like Russian collusion. Nice theory, go fk yourself.
    You first, Big Boy. How'd that Trump victory and "Covid is petering out" stance work out for ya? Oh, and, how's that big Michigan non-certification story coming along?

RX Wizard
    That would involve the two of you taking your own word. So, Did you scam anyone today, Dafatfuck? Been playing with your acid laced dildo again?
    PROOF up, or STFU, bitch. You got buggered with a Trump sized (his blubbery body, NOT what he felt the need to try and force on 26 women) dong. Still waiting for that 30 to 1 shot on him to come through, scumbag?

RX Junior
    LOL. I see there is no limit to your idiocy. Carry on Dumb Fuck. I see no need to converse with an idiot like yourself. Like Willie says it is genetics. You are obviously ill bred and swill fed. LOL

RX Semi-God
    LOL. I see there is no limit to your idiocy. Carry on Dumb Fuck. I see no need to converse with an idiot like yourself. Like Willie says it is genetics. You are obviously ill bred and swill fed. LOL

One ignorant old fool fo sure

Quote Originally Posted by Dafinch View Post
    You first, Big Boy. How'd that Trump victory and "Covid is petering out" stance work out for ya? Oh, and, how's that big Michigan non-certification story coming along?
    The Wayne county non cert they certified it then recinded it when the Democrats double crossed them but that's par for the course...

X Files the Canadian Chi-Com poster would love to have his hand in our election instead starts drama in our politics. Do us a favor

STAY IN YOUR LANE

enjoy your commie leader trudeau and enjoy masks for the rest of your life. Maybe read about how masks are detrimental to your health you sheep.
    Your health is your wealth

RX Wizard
    Translation: I got bitch slapped, kicked in the nuts, and have no comeback, so, I'll just try and appear disinterested (after following me around for months like a psychotic little twat. Pound sand, scumbag, and good luck on the 30 to 1 Twittler ticket, lol.

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by roadreeler57 View Post
    The Wayne county non cert they certified it then recinded it when the Democrats double crossed them but that's par for the course...
    You haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about, but, then, that's par for the course, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    go fk yourself.
    I have a better idea:

Pumping a young Thai woman for 3 hours can be a good workout, as your sweat drops fall off of your face onto hers.

Evidently you're missing the point.