Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Anybody here ever have a lisfranc injury?

1. #1 Anybody here ever have a lisfranc injury? 
    I've never heard of this injury, but I've got one. It's a midfoot injury. Mine is severe. I have both a fracture and torn ligaments. I was surprised when the Doctor told me that rehab is 9 months after surgery. I've been in a cast for about 5 weeks now, waiting to have surgery. I figured I'd post in here because I've only spoken with the surgeon for about 10 minutes about the surgery, rehab etc. I've been trying to read everything I can online, but it would be very helpful to hear some insight from someone who's had this. I guess my main question is, does it really take that long to heal and rehab? I'm 64.5 and been a mailman for 35 years. I'd like to try to go back to work if I can.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Ouch, Godspeed
    Free daycare, preschool, college, healthcare, prescriptions, it's all free people. Redirect police funding, navigate away from oil, yet still support fracking & coal 🤣

Banned
    "I guess my main question is, does it really take that long to heal and rehab? I'm 64.5 and been a mailman for 35 years. I'd like to try to go back to work if I can."

I would have to say yes

The reason is that since you said you were 64 1/2 years of age and have been a mailman for 35 years I would think that you are more on your feet than some other people but your muscles in your feet and possibly parts of bone would take a toll on you for overworking your feet and not having more rest than you should have

Have you ever fallen hard and then twisted your foot awkwardly? Or have had something fall on the middle part of your foot while flexing? Those are typically the main causes for Lisfranc fracture/injury

I myself have had this pain sometimes in my foot since I walk around a lot but I have no idea if it's just a pulled muscle or Lisfranc

I hope you recover quickly but it will take some time for rehab to have your feet back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    Ouch, Godspeed
    Thanks a lot Willie.

Quote Originally Posted by ConleyPicks View Post
    "I guess my main question is, does it really take that long to heal and rehab? I'm 64.5 and been a mailman for 35 years. I'd like to try to go back to work if I can."

I would have to say yes

The reason is that since you said you were 64 1/2 years of age and have been a mailman for 35 years I would think that you are more on your feet than some other people but your muscles in your feet and possibly parts of bone would take a toll on you for overworking your feet and not having more rest than you should have

Have you ever fallen hard and then twisted your foot awkwardly? Or have had something fall on the middle part of your foot while flexing? Those are typically the main causes for Lisfranc fracture/injury

I myself have had this pain sometimes in my foot since I walk around a lot but I have no idea if it's just a pulled muscle or Lisfranc

I hope you recover quickly but it will take some time for rehab to have your feet back to normal
    Thank you ConleyPicks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joebatters View Post
    Thank you ConleyPicks.
    No problem
    here if you want to talk about recovery/questions etc