Forum: MAIN FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: How many people do you know that had/have Covid?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 919 View Post
    Thank you. Both in their 50’s. One was a lady I worked with that had underlying conditions. The other was my friend’s father. He was a marathoner.

I think I way underestimated the total number of people I know that have had it. It’s got to be well over 50. 3 houses in my subdivision have it, and others were exposed because they were at a party at one of the houses. It’s exploding everywhere here.
    where is here?

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by poundfoolish View Post
    where is here?
    wv

RX Senior
    Just found out about another buddy’s dad-

Update on Jamie:
    He has a lot of fluid throughout his body, including his heart, caused by inflammation from covid. The inflammation is increasing and they are keeping a close eye on the left side of his heart. Tonight they are doing dialysis on his heart to remove the fluid there. At this time, he is sedated and back on the ventilator via tracheostomy. Please pray specifically for these issues tonight! Thank you to those who are praying, your prayers are still very much needed! Also, please continue to pray for Lynda for peace and strength, she is having a really hard time not being able to be with him.

RX Semi-God
    Thatís pretty fucked up. Even for a jackass like yourself. Hopefully no one in your life has to experience it and has adverse effects. I wouldnít wish it on anyone. A good friendís daughter is battling leukemia. She lives in constant fear going in and out of hospitals for treatment.

one of the guys I know that was on a vent, is a very healthy male age 35. Married with three daughters. He is a physical specimen that played college hoops. He was on the vent for over a month.

also, a random sampling of people on a gambling forum is what youíre using to determine what needs to be done? Hilarious
    I don't care whst you think is fucked up. You're lying.

Random sampling on a gambling forum? Nah, just the actual statistic that shows 99.9% of everyone under 70 years old survive COVID but why talk about facts when you have a story to spin us?
    Welchers are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post

Random sampling on a gambling forum? Nah, just the actual statistic that shows 99.9% of everyone under 70 years old survive COVID but why talk about facts when you have a story to spin us?
    This makes sense
    Donít drink and drive...
    you might slice a hook!

RX Semi-God
    Lots of buddies and their families. My daughter. All a head cold.

Many false positives

My Grandma died yesterday, dementia finally took its toll. No Covid whatsoever. I’m eagerly waiting the death certificate. Better not be any bullshit, she was 89. RIP, Grandma, I love you, go rest easy with Papa...

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMatt View Post
    My Grandma died yesterday, dementia finally took its toll. No Covid whatsoever. I’m eagerly waiting the death certificate. Better not be any bullshit, she was 89. RIP, Grandma, I love you, go rest easy with Papa...
    Sorry to hear Matty

My condolences

I know a few families who have had it.

One father age 40 hospitalized 1 night with Covid Pneumonia.
    They immediately gave him steroids and he went home the next night.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Condolences MM

Godspeed
    Free daycare, preschool, college, healthcare, prescriptions, it's all free people. Redirect police funding, navigate away from oil, the Green New deal, pack the SC 😆

Sorry to hear man.

Thanks guys. I hope I can live the life she did, 89 Is good by me, I think...

I actually came to work today, I know that’s what my hardworking Grandma would want me to do...

RX Semi-God
    Sorry to hear. Dealing with that with my mom and dad

Quote Originally Posted by StevieRay View Post
    Sorry to hear. Dealing with that with my mom and dad
    sorry to hear, SR. It’s sad man, because what kills them is they basically starve themselves to death and die of malnourishment. I bet my grandma didn’t weigh 50 lbs when she died...

Deepest Condolences. My mother passed away last year, she was 83 and I still feel the pain.

RX Senior
    Sorry for your loss

Thanks everyone.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post

He asked how many people we knew with Covid. I posted that I knew two people that died. You may survive and not be affected in any way by this virus, but you’ll always be a piece of shit.

RX Senior
    89 is a pretty good run. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by pathologist View Post
    Myself, the wife and kids have had it. 15-20 people that I work with have had it now. So far all very mild symptoms or asymptomatic with no hospitalization of anyone I know personally
    Your dumbass was probably out and about......and caught it.....fake ass pathologist

Dude has a wife and kids yet he stalks around for me on the internet.

I'll be sure to contact his wife soon and let her know, what kind of Covid asshole he is becoming.

RX Semi-God
    Wild nightclub scene transforms Wuhan from COVID-19 epicenter to party central

L5Y, USC is 4-0 vs SEC, outscoring them 167-48!!! 3peet's Avatar
    Finally someone close to me. My brother in law tested positive earlier this week. He's currently on a ventilator but the doctor did assure he'll recover.

Posted this in poly section:

Basically if you a PCR test over 30 cycles, you are going to pick up some DNA mildly resembling Covid causing a false positive. It could be a common cold one had back in the 80s. If you runt this test long enough, you will get that positive they are looking for.

PCR tests detect viral fragments from nasal or throat samples using cycle thresholds (amplification). If viral fragments are found at lower thresholds (1-30), that indicates a lot of the virus is likely present because it was found quickly. But if cycle thresholds cycle beyond 30 times, it means the viral fragments are so few that they are impossible to detect. Instead, a microbial piece of dead virus or nucleotide is detected and easily mistaken for the virus fragment, as explained by Dr Fauci during an interview with This Week In Virology, July 2020. https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/...hardly-trivial

Anthony Fauci: anything over a cycle threshold of 35 returns false positive results that are "dead nucleoids, period.”

FDA: CYCLE IT 40 TIMES

This is pure insanity. They want their positive cases and are getting them by the boat load in the form of false positives. DeSantis is first governor to request cycle threshold information on positive test results. Media... silent.

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by hehateme82 View Post
    Posted this in poly section:

Basically if you a PCR test over 30 cycles, you are going to pick up some DNA mildly resembling Covid causing a false positive. It could be a common cold one had back in the 80s. If you runt this test long enough, you will get that positive they are looking for.

PCR tests detect viral fragments from nasal or throat samples using cycle thresholds (amplification). If viral fragments are found at lower thresholds (1-30), that indicates a lot of the virus is likely present because it was found quickly. But if cycle thresholds cycle beyond 30 times, it means the viral fragments are so few that they are impossible to detect. Instead, a microbial piece of dead virus or nucleotide is detected and easily mistaken for the virus fragment, as explained by Dr Fauci during an interview with This Week In Virology, July 2020. https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/...hardly-trivial

Anthony Fauci: anything over a cycle threshold of 35 returns false positive results that are "dead nucleoids, period.”

FDA: CYCLE IT 40 TIMES

This is pure insanity. They want their positive cases and are getting them by the boat load in the form of false positives. DeSantis is first governor to request cycle threshold information on positive test results. Media... silent.
    Yep , head cold gets counted.

I think I way underestimated the total number of people I know that have had it. Itís got to be well over 50.
    LOL this is hilarious.