Forum: Community Contests - Find Community / Poster run Contests Here. Please Read Financial transactions warning.

Thread: January 2021 Multi-Sport Contest - PICKS AND STANDINGS

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by ftkl69 View Post
    That's pretty shitty but I'll leave it at that. Ohio state ml play was put in at 12:02.
    It shows on the selection sheet you selected the time slot. There is no way for me to see anything other than what you submitted. When I started organizing the days picks around 5pm est I saw it and posted a message in here telling you it wasn't a valid pick that way you would have a couple hours to still make a pick, even though it could have put you ahead of me.

Thanks for running the contest Spiderwebb. You did a great job. Nice job to the winners too as that is some great capping.

In reference to the error on the last day, I have done the same thing once before too and its sucks when its a winner. But with that sheet, you can easily click on the time or the date instead of the play and the time slot shows up instead of the team. I felt Spider did due diligence letting FTK know as much as possible that there was an error which technically didn't have t be done as its not his job to make sure we enter picks in correctly.
    I always double or triple check my play these days as sometimes its easy to get in a rush and do exactly what FTK did, especially when doing from a mobile device.

That being said, being the contest scorer is a tough job especially when something like this happens where it could look shady....I can vouch for Spiderwebb, even though we all know hes a stand-up guy, that once this year he sent me one of his 3-unit plays early by PM before the game started just to verify it was made and on time.

Anyway, its interesting how it alwas comes down t the last day in these things! I don;t have the patience to wait that long myself usually!

Good Luck in February guys and I was just happy I didn't finish last in a contest for once!

RX Junior
    I'm trying to figure out how to give a link that show the responses to the forms so you can see what I can see and that you4 submitted form shows the selections. 02:00PM instead of a team

RX Junior
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17aW...it?usp=sharing

Clicking on the link above will take you to the same Google forms we've been using, except it'll be in edit mode. If you click on responses at the top, then the next section down on the right click on individual. If you tab over to number 6 you'll see FTKL's form that was submitted. Scrolling to the bottom of this will show you the selections and that they are grayed out and unable to be changed and no way to show what the selection was meant to be. And the time stamp in the bottom right corner confirms when it was submitted.

I'm just doing this for complete transparency and to show that I was in no way trying to be shady. Also why I posted a message around 5pm est saying the pick was invalid.

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woodee12 View Post
    Thanks for running the contest Spiderwebb. You did a great job. Nice job to the winners too as that is some great capping.

In reference to the error on the last day, I have done the same thing once before too and its sucks when its a winner. But with that sheet, you can easily click on the time or the date instead of the play and the time slot shows up instead of the team. I felt Spider did due diligence letting FTK know as much as possible that there was an error which technically didn't have t be done as its not his job to make sure we enter picks in correctly.
    I always double or triple check my play these days as sometimes its easy to get in a rush and do exactly what FTK did, especially when doing from a mobile device.

That being said, being the contest scorer is a tough job especially when something like this happens where it could look shady....I can vouch for Spiderwebb, even though we all know hes a stand-up guy, that once this year he sent me one of his 3-unit plays early by PM before the game started just to verify it was made and on time.

Anyway, its interesting how it alwas comes down t the last day in these things! I don;t have the patience to wait that long myself usually!

Good Luck in February guys and I was just happy I didn't finish last in a contest for once!

Well written, thanx Spiderwebb

Quote Originally Posted by spiderwebb1983 View Post
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17aW...it?usp=sharing

Clicking on the link above will take you to the same Google forms we've been using, except it'll be in edit mode. If you click on responses at the top, then the next section down on the right click on individual. If you tab over to number 6 you'll see FTKL's form that was submitted. Scrolling to the bottom of this will show you the selections and that they are grayed out and unable to be changed and no way to show what the selection was meant to be. And the time stamp in the bottom right corner confirms when it was submitted.

I'm just doing this for complete transparency and to show that I was in no way trying to be shady. Also why I posted a message around 5pm est saying the pick was invalid.

Thanks-
    You have no need to justify anything as its on us to make sure we get our pick in correctly! Especially when it is a very important pick!

Hopefully i didn't come off as complaining or anything as that wasn't my point---I was just saying that I am behind you 100% on it as I know it can happen since I have done it before last year when I did not take the time to make sure the team was showing in the bo as I hurried thru it. Overall , the system is great and always well-run.

Thanks again and now you can get back to your regular scheduled job as a player only and not have to worry about it!

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloker View Post
    Nice job running the contests the last 2 months spidey. Many thanks!

Good luck to our remaining contenders today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake DeNiro View Post
    Well written, thanx Spiderwebb
    Quote Originally Posted by woodee12 View Post
    Thanks-
    You have no need to justify anything as its on us to make sure we get our pick in correctly! Especially when it is a very important pick!

Hopefully i didn't come off as complaining or anything as that wasn't my point---I was just saying that I am behind you 100% on it as I know it can happen since I have done it before last year when I did not take the time to make sure the team was showing in the bo as I hurried thru it. Overall , the system is great and always well-run.

Thanks again and now you can get back to your regular scheduled job as a player only and not have to worry about it!
    Thanks guys, it's been fun doing it but it'll be nice not to lol.

It didn't come off that way Woodee, I appreciate the kind words. I just wanted to post that stuff so there were 0 questions about it

RX Junior
    Congrats to the winners of January. Please pm me with amounts you want sent & to where. Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by ftkl69 View Post
    That's pretty shitty but I'll leave it at that. Ohio state ml play was put in at 12:02.

super work this month especially late this month ftkl shake it off, man that sucks.

RX one of the very few places we have guys you can trust with pot up money , grading, transparency. not perfect but super good system.

RX Junior
    Thanks again everyone for getting through the last 2 months with me and thanks to the guys that sent something my way, I appreciate it.