Forum: MAIN FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Great job Republican Party!! 4 years is all it took. Feel like going to the beach and riding a Blue Wave?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    While democrats have thrown their credibility out the window for four years and counting

I can't comprehend how good and smart people don't see the extreme hypocrisy of such statements. Whatever happened in DC pales to 4 years of violence and uprising actually encouraged and espoused by the left. This is the world the left has created, and it's obvious from their ongoing lies coming out of DC there's no turning back. Welcome to your world democrats, good luck with that.

Until we the people hold all politicians and our scumbag media accountable for whatever lies, false narratives, fake news and hatred they've created, there will be no reconciliation in the political arena
    "Seeing through the game is not the same as winning the game"

Conrad Hunter
    North Dallas Forty

And sometimes you do have to play the game, even if it means straying a little from ideology.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyforlife View Post

And sometimes you do have to play the game, even if it means straying a little from ideology.
    I'm sorry my friend, not sure what this means. If you oppose them in the political arena, do you really want to be them in the political arena?

I'm a policy wonk, that's never going to change. No matter how idealistic, and fruitless, that may be. I can't be something I'm not

But that's what makes me tick
    Free daycare, preschool, college, healthcare, prescriptions, it's all free people. Redirect police funding, navigate away from oil, the Green New deal, pack the SC 😆

I'm sorry my friend, not sure what this means. If you oppose them in the political arena, do you really want to be them in the political arena?

I'm a policy wonk, that's never going to change. No matter how idealistic, and fruitless, that may be. I can't be something I'm not

But that's what makes me tick
    What it means Willie is they took their eye off the prize. The candidates in Georgia needed cover. McConnell gave them none, and Trump doubled down against them. And in the end, they lose the Senate and what would have happened is going to happen anyway. And who will pay for it? The same Middle Class that would have paid for it had they passed the Stimulus in the first place with the repeal of the tax bill (which I believe will happen). And now they are on the outside looking in because of it. It makes no sense.

No one is going to argue your points, but in the end, they lost control because of it. That's not winning the game.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Trump is America first, he can't help himself. His choice or words was poor (not the first time BTW)

He said we should give all Americans (meaning couple earning < 150k and singles earning < 75k) 2k each.

What he meant and what he should have said. All of the above, BUTT, only if we eliminate other wasteful spending in the bill like funding gender studies in Pakistan. If he used those words, Nancy wouldn't have been so quick to capitalize on the moment.

He played his hand horribly (not the first time BTW)
    Free daycare, preschool, college, healthcare, prescriptions, it's all free people. Redirect police funding, navigate away from oil, the Green New deal, pack the SC 😆

Trump is America first, he can't help himself. His choice or words was poor (not the first time BTW)

He said we should give all Americans (meaning couple earning < 150k and singles earning < 75k) 2k each.

What he meant and what he should have said. All of the above, BUTT, only if we eliminate other wasteful spending in the bill like funding gender studies in Pakistan. If he used those words, Nancy wouldn't have been so quick to capitalize on the moment.
    I'm pretty sure most people understood the income demographic he was referring to based on the previous stimulus. And the pork that Trump was talking about would have made very little difference as it amounted to less than 1/2%. Republicans need to pick and choose their battles wisely. This was not one they should have taken on. Sometimes you have to live to fight another day.

Republicans need to pick and choose their battles wisely. This was not one they should have taken on. Sometimes you have to live to fight another day.
    I pretty much agree. Especially with this specific situation. Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win the war.

RX Senior
    I'm pretty sure most people understood the income demographic he was referring to based on the previous stimulus. And the pork that Trump was talking about would have made very little difference as it amounted to less than 1/2%. Republicans need to pick and choose their battles wisely. This was not one they should have taken on. Sometimes you have to live to fight another day.
    Well said