Forum: MAIN FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Great job Republican Party!! 4 years is all it took. Feel like going to the beach and riding a Blue Wave?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Great job Republican Party!! 4 years is all it took. Feel like going to the beach and riding a Blue Wave? 
    And spare me the idiocy of the voter fraud claims (the Republican version of a therapy dog) or the delusional BS that Trump is still going to win.

From where I stand, the Republicans have just lost the Presidency, House, and Senate in a record breaking 4 years. Just simply amazing.

And the Senate was lost due to a deaf and dumb majority leader in Mitch McConnell that looked a lot of hard working people in the eyes who had their businesses shuttered or severely limited (many of which were Republican voters who supported the party for years) and said "NO SOUP FOR YOU!" We have 4,000 businesses go under in the Austin area alone (how many did you have in your area?)

All that even after the President said he was in favor of more support. Gee Mitch, simply brilliant. Did it ever occur to you that maybe people were looking at their situation now, their inability to work through no fault of their own, and saying hey...this situation is a not your average run-of-the-mill recession. How about using your brain and understanding that instead of holding steadfast to your ideology for once. In the meantime, our new President is yelling get us in and I'll take care of it for you (and you wonder why you lost?!).

So Mitch, you're neutered now so no more of the "I won't let this come to vote" stuff.

If anyone would like to discuss the ramifications of all this (and in particular, the tax ramifications), I would love to have an "intelligent" conversation on the matter.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    I'm thinking we have a different perception about what a "wave" looks like.

1994 was a wave

2010 was a wave

Losing 1000 federal and state incumbents is a wave, like what happened during the Obama years

Three incumbents losing in very close elections during a pandemic induced mail in voting year is not a wave. Especially when you pick up 11 or so house seats and don't lose the state legislators

This was initiated by a pandemic and finished off by false allegations of systemic racism and white supremacy

Unprecedented poppycock

PS: I concur, both Trump and Mitch may have shot themselves in the foot recently. But it's not like our media covers anything honesty anyhow. The democrats have skeletons in their closets, the media just barricades the doors for them.
    Free daycare, preschool, college, healthcare, prescriptions, it's all free people. Redirect police funding, navigate away from oil, the Green New deal, pack the SC 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    PS: I concur, both Trump and Mitch may have shot themselves in the foot recently. But it's not like our media covers anything honesty anyhow. The democrats have skeletons in their closets, the media just barricades the doors for them.
    They definitely shot themselves in the foot. I'm truly wondering if McConnell even cares having just won his race.

So what of Biden's agenda do you think get passed? How much can they pass using reconciliation?

One more thing. If Biden misreads the electorate and governs as badly as Clinton and Obama did in their first two years, 2022 will show us what a wave looks like
    Free daycare, preschool, college, healthcare, prescriptions, it's all free people. Redirect police funding, navigate away from oil, the Green New deal, pack the SC 😆

Quote Originally Posted by bodyforlife View Post
    They definitely shot themselves in the foot. I'm truly wondering if McConnell even cares having just won his race.

So what of Biden's agenda do you think get passed? How much can they pass using reconciliation?
    I have no idea really, what's he serious about?

Abolish ICE? I doubt it, he has to act like an adult now

America first policies are probably gone

Energy? A real possibility, fracking and clean coal jobs at risk. I see energy costs increasing

Defunding the police? See ICE, and I think systemic racism bullshit rides into the sunset

Increase taxes? YES

Increase regulations? YES

Increase social spending? YES

Increased business for accounting and tax professionals? Yes and yes and yes

Bring it on Joey, I have 4 grandchildren to spoil

RX Semi-God
    GOP looks pretty dead right now. Tons of infighting, no real direction, demographic tsunami going agains them, mail-in voting and voter registration from the underclasses now off the charts (don't think you can put this back in the bottle much, these people are "voters" now)

But political parties really don't die, they aren't about ideas as much as they are power seeking entities. GOP will evolve (likely for the worse), probably just concede some things to the Dems like pretending minorities have no agency of their own.

Governing is harder than talking shit though, so the pendulum will likely swing the other way sooner than later.

Agree Trump should've kept his mouth shut if he couldn't twist the arm of the GOP to cut the extra checks but whatever, he was never the master strategist that people portrayed him to be. The people/institutions he was going against were just that dumb and/or tone deaf.
    "Forrest Gump is getting his groove on near a beach in Australia. This shit will blow over in a month" - Enfuego on March 12th, 2020 when talking about COVID-19

RX Local
    The sole catalyst for all of this is Corona Virus - which lead us to mail in voting - now Dems will look to make mail in voting the staple of the future - if so, we are headed down the Bernie path

Get ready for your social credit score. Digital currency/technocracy. Wonder why China doesn’t have the virus? Because they’re already communist

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    The sole catalyst for all of this is Corona Virus - which lead us to mail in voting - now Dems will look to make mail in voting the staple of the future - if so, we are headed down the Bernie path
    It's important to retain the state legislators, lest mail in voting without any verification becomes the norm

Quote Originally Posted by Shub View Post
    Get ready for your social credit score. Digital currency/technocracy. Wonder why China doesn’t have the virus? Because they’re already communist
    We're all fucked then

I full confidence that sleepy joe, Chuck and Nancy will be the change we need. They’ve only been in office for 112+ years combined. It’s not like they help build the corrupt system we are in.

RX Junior
    HAHAHAHA so entertaining listening to all you Trump supporters whine. Unfortunately for you, the majority of Americans are well aware that baby Donald & the modern day GOP are self absorbed anti-democratic scumbags. I hope some of you are able to come back to reality soon. What a beautiful BLUE WAVE IT IS!!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

RX Wizard
    I bet not one of you worrying about Democrats taking over have said shit about demographics forever
    Many are too far behind the 8 ball
    Not much changing it now
    America first is the only way
    But Gl with that
    Unfortunately

If what you want is a more conservative approach than you better llok to separation or civil war
    You are not getting it any other way

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Yep. A flu that played us. People should be pissed, no matter the party

RX Junior
    Trump completely fucked up the Republican Party. A bunch of washed up old white men grasping at straws too ignorant to realize their time has passed.
    It is reflected here on the rx with posters like Willie and Stevie Ray.

RX Wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by big wang View Post
    Trump completely fucked up the Republican Party. A bunch of washed up old white men grasping at straws too ignorant to realize their time has passed.
    Yeah.....Republicans have done so much in the past 50 years
    They sure were not America first. I can tell you that
    It was business as usual
    BUt....Trump
    lmao

RX Junior
    Unlike the spry Biden, who has an endless amount of energy, and was tirelessly campaigning until the end. It comes as no surprise he received 12 million more votes than a young charismatic Obama. Minority voters overwhelming voted for an old white guy than a young charismatic, first Black POTUS.

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by exploited17 View Post
    Yeah.....Republicans have done so much in the past 50 years
    They sure were not America first. I can tell you that
    It was business as usual
    BUt....Trump
    lmao
    Neither party cares about the people who elect them. As soon as that is understood by the sheep, things can change for the better.

RX Wizard
    Neither party cares about the people who elect them. As soon as that is understood by the sheep, things can change for the better.
    Mostly true
    But Republicans more than anyone haven't fought for any change lately
    The left understands
    The right doesn't

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by exploited17 View Post
    I bet not one of you worrying about Democrats taking over have said shit about demographics forever
    Many are too far behind the 8 ball
    Not much changing it now
    America first is the only way
    But Gl with that
    Unfortunately

If what you want is a more conservative approach than you better llok to separation or civil war
    You are not getting it any other way
    Not 1? That’s a reach
    "Forrest Gump is getting his groove on near a beach in Australia. This shit will blow over in a month" - Enfuego on March 12th, 2020 when talking about COVID-19

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    Not 1? That’s a reach

Jeez Patsfan, your 35-1 Giants bet! What a brutal way to lose!! Eagles gave up! I feel for you! Horrible!!

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    I'm thinking we have a different perception about what a "wave" looks like.

1994 was a wave

2010 was a wave

Losing 1000 federal and state incumbents is a wave, like what happened during the Obama years

Three incumbents losing in very close elections during a pandemic induced mail in voting year is not a wave. Especially when you pick up 11 or so house seats and don't lose the state legislators

This was initiated by a pandemic and finished off by false allegations of systemic racism and white supremacy

Unprecedented poppycock

Of course it's no wave but the reality is control is one sided now and we will be paying out of pocket for that - for years and years to come

RX Wizard
    Not 1? That’s a reach
    Well, I am talking about the same people bitching about Democrats with little to know answer or understanding to why things are the way they are .Or without much of an answer on how to fix it other than the same nonsense typical Republicans have preached beofre

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by phdinsports View Post
    Jeez Patsfan, your 35-1 Giants bet! What a brutal way to lose!! Eagles gave up! I feel for you! Horrible!!
    Lol nah, I hedged heavy on Redskins and was able to clean up. I had to wait for the Giants to beat Dallas to do so then I got Skins at -290 after the Sudfeld news came out rather than the -130 open so hedge wasn’t nearly as good as it should’ve been but still worked out OK.

no way could you hold that after sudfeld news

RX Junior
    Lol nah, I hedged heavy on Redskins and was able to clean up. I had to wait for the Giants to beat Dallas to do so then I got Skins at -290 after the Sudfeld news came out rather than the -130 open so hedge wasn’t nearly as good as it should’ve been but still worked out OK.

no way could you hold that after sudfeld news
    Good to hear! Congrats!