Forum: MAIN FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Los Angeles Lakers' LeBron James: U.S. Capitol siege shows 'we live in two Americas'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Los Angeles Lakers' LeBron James: U.S. Capitol siege shows 'we live in two Americas' 
    RX Semi-God
    It's almost as if the NBA cast of characters felt left out of the discussion regarding the Capitol riot so they jumped in to create this weird narrative about what would've happened had the rioters been black. For NBA players, Pop and Kerr, everything turns to race. I assume they don't like Americans drinking black coffee either. Just a guess.

So, are they saying they wanted more violence Wednesday to quell the riot so it would appear like the cops don't like white people like they don't like black people? Is that their view? If so, doesn't that go against what they stand for?

What's with these dudes?

I think it's simple. These players have money, fame and followers so they feel the need to inject their opinions but they just aren't very educated on the topics which is obvious when they speak. Their followers love the talk but to the rest of us we go "huh?" Why do Pop and Kerr inject themselves? They have no choice. With a league full of African American players, they can't stay silent. They will lose their teams.

I'd like a reporter to stand up to LBJ and ask him some difficult questions regarding race but we all know that isn't going to happen. In summary, some situations require great detailed analysis and thorough thought to figure out. This isn't one of those. This is easy. These guys aren't educated. Act as if they are and the mob follows them because of their influence, fame and money. In reality, most of these guys barely made it through High School. Why do people listen to them again?
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfuego View Post
    It's almost as if the NBA cast of characters felt left out of the discussion regarding the Capitol riot so they jumped in to create this weird narrative about what would've happened had the rioters been black. For NBA players, Pop and Kerr, everything turns to race. I assume they don't like Americans drinking black coffee either. Just a guess.

So, are they saying they wanted more violence Wednesday to quell the riot so it would appear like the cops don't like white people like they don't like black people? Is that their view? If so, doesn't that go against what they stand for?

What's with these dudes?

I think it's simple. These players have money, fame and followers so they feel the need to inject their opinions but they just aren't very educated on the topics which is obvious when they speak. Their followers love the talk but to the rest of us we go "huh?" Why do Pop and Kerr inject themselves? They have no choice. With a league full of African American players, they can't stay silent. They will lose their teams.

I'd like a reporter to stand up to LBJ and ask him some difficult questions regarding race but we all know that isn't going to happen. In summary, some situations require great detailed analysis and thorough thought to figure out. This isn't one of those. This is easy. These guys aren't educated. Act as if they are and the mob follows them because of their influence, fame and money. In reality, most of these guys barely made it through High School. Why do people listen to them again?
    This is a piss poor explanation for why Gregg Popovich or Steve Kerr is a race baiting leftist. As if they're pressured into doing so because they coach NBA teams. Plenty of NBA coaches don't say 1/100th of the stuff they say.

They say that stuff because it is what they believe and who they are. I know right, crazy stuff.
    "Forrest Gump is getting his groove on near a beach in Australia. This shit will blow over in a month" - Enfuego on March 12th, 2020 when talking about COVID-19

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan1283 View Post
    This is a piss poor explanation for why Gregg Popovich or Steve Kerr is a race baiting leftist. As if they're pressured into doing so because they coach NBA teams. Plenty of NBA coaches don't say 1/100th of the stuff they say.

They say that stuff because it is what they believe and who they are. I know right, crazy stuff.
    I couldn't name any other NBA coaches Pats.. Those plenty of other NBA coaches really don't have enough recognition to get up and take a stand..

Good post Enfuego... Spot on..

RX Semi-God
    Quote Originally Posted by RED EYE View Post
    I couldn't name any other NBA coaches Pats.. Those plenty of other NBA coaches really don't have enough recognition to get up and take a stand..
    If you wanna pretend Gregg Popovich is saying what he says to appease his players and it isn't how he really feels, to deny him agency for his utter stupidity then go ahead....He obviously believes what he says.

That is mindless imo

This shit is the toy section anyway
    "Forrest Gump is getting his groove on near a beach in Australia. This shit will blow over in a month" - Enfuego on March 12th, 2020 when talking about COVID-19

If you wanna pretend Gregg Popovich is saying what he says to appease his players and it isn't how he really feels, to deny him agency for his utter stupidity then go ahead..

That is mindless imo

This shit is the toy section anyway
    I will say Popovich belongs in a looney bin.. The severe case of TDS has fucked him up.. He use to be just an asshole. That's developed over the years to what he is now. Appeasing is part of his base...

RX Semi-God
    Atleast when LeBron speaks it is kinda funny, Pop is just a self righteous asshole

"We live in two Americas," James said Thursday following the Lakers' 118-109 loss to the San Antonio Spurs. "And that was a prime example of that yesterday, and if you don't understand that or don't see that after seeing what you saw yesterday, then you really need to take a step back -- not even just one step, but maybe four or five, or even 10 steps backwards and ask yourself how do you want your kids, or how do you want your grandkids, or how do we want America to be viewed as? Do we want to live in this beautiful country?"

4 steps, 5 steps....wait, maybe 10 steps

bro what the fuck are you even saying? Dude is an SNL skit when he wades into this stuff

Atleast when LeBron speaks it is kinda funny, Pop is just a self righteous asshole

"We live in two Americas," James said Thursday following the Lakers' 118-109 loss to the San Antonio Spurs. "And that was a prime example of that yesterday, and if you don't understand that or don't see that after seeing what you saw yesterday, then you really need to take a step back -- not even just one step, but maybe four or five, or even 10 steps backwards and ask yourself how do you want your kids, or how do you want your grandkids, or how do we want America to be viewed as? Do we want to live in this beautiful country?"

bro what the fuck are you even saying? Dude is an SNL skit when he wades into this stuff
    For sure.. Some people should just stay quiet... James is one of those people..

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Lebron James doesn't even sound like he has a legitimate high school education. He talks like he skated by school with his basketball talent.

He's been making moronic statements since he blamed outrage about "the decision" on racism, when much, if not most, of the anger directed at him was from black fans in Ohio. Just bizarre behavior

What I respect about Lebron, him being with his significant other and raising his children with their mother

What I disrespect, his simpleton and race baiting political views which he feels he needs to share with the world (ignorance is bliss).
    Free daycare, preschool, college, healthcare, prescriptions, it's all free people. Redirect police funding, navigate away from oil, the Green New deal, pack the SC 😆

a Dark Winter before the Great Reset rolltide's Avatar
    for once I completely agree with Brahn Brahn

he's absolutely correct...for 4 months blacks and their little greasy-haired basement-dwelling white kid accomplices caused $3B in damage while molotov cocktailing cities, court houses, and monuments. they were arrested and released to repeat their crimes, none shot, none killed all because a few drug addicts resisted arrest

for 1 hour Trump supporters, mixed in with some Antifa fakers, broke a couple wooden railings and windows in the Capitol building which was cleaned up by 4 janitors in an hour. 4 dead, one executed, and now a manhunt (sorry leftists...personhunt) to bring the trespassers to justice ensues

two different Americas for sure
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that

Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    Lebron James doesn't even sound like he has a legitimate high school education.
    Well... That's probably because he doesn't.

few people died, so it's not like there wasn't blood shed. But no building were destroyed, burned or looted. Very different from how BLM "protests"

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    Lebron James doesn't even sound like he has a legitimate high school education. He talks like he skated by school with his basketball talent.

He's been making moronic statements since he blamed outrage about "the decision" on racism, when much, if not most, of the anger directed at him was from black fans in Ohio. Just bizarre behavior

What I respect about Lebron, him being with his significant other and raising his children with their mother

What I disrespect, his simpleton and race baiting political views which he feels he needs to share with the world (ignorance is bliss).
    This doesn't warrant respect, it's what your supposed to do.

RX Junior

He is counting the number of steps he gets without being called for traveling
    If I told you how many my friend is predicting dead from this....you’d fall out your chair.

LeBron James is just not very bright.

Pop and Kerr know to either play along or find another profession in the nearly all black NBA.

America is a fractured nation that is beyond repair. Lebron and others like him, only further divide.

Pop and Kerr probably both are leftists at heart. Regardless, if they didn't follow the guidelines of all the BLM crap, they'd be ran out of the league along with every other white coach who refused to comply or presented a counter opinion.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by rolltide View Post
    for once I completely agree with Brahn Brahn

he's absolutely correct...for 4 months blacks and their little greasy-haired basement-dwelling white kid accomplices caused $3B in damage while molotov cocktailing cities, court houses, and monuments. they were arrested and released to repeat their crimes, none shot, none killed all because a few drug addicts resisted arrest

for 1 hour Trump supporters, mixed in with some Antifa fakers, broke a couple wooden railings and windows in the Capitol building which was cleaned up by 4 janitors in an hour. 4 dead, one executed, and now a manhunt (sorry leftists...personhunt) to bring the trespassers to justice ensues

two different Americas for sure
    you forgot...being praised by celebs and media...trump people not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mark View Post
    few people died, so it's not like there wasn't blood shed. But no building were destroyed, burned or looted. Very different from how BLM "protests"
    Last I knew, one person was shot by a police officer for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. The video shows there was no violence occurring around them at the time of the shooting

Three others were "medical emergencies", WTF does that even mean? Today I saw a headline that said 5 people died, I guess maybe yet another "medical emergency". Our media is not truthful about anything, they're the lying POS scumbags of this earth

No police officers were shot, heaven forbid murdered like they did at BLM rallies. No police cars set on fire, the police were not hiding in their station with a mob outside trying to set the building on fire.

Democrats applauded, espoused, encouraged mob rule when the police or republicans were being attacked. Now they act like it's the end of the world. Fuck those lying losing hypocrites
    Free daycare, preschool, college, healthcare, prescriptions, it's all free people. Redirect police funding, navigate away from oil, the Green New deal, pack the SC 😆

RX Semi-God
    The 5th was a cop sadly, died from injuries from the incident.

The 5th was a cop sadly, died from injuries from the incident.
    Some sick person hit him with a fire extinguisher, it is sad I looked it up after you posted because I avoid our POS news like the black plague

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lee View Post
    Pop and Kerr know to either play along or find another profession in the nearly all black NBA.

America is a fractured nation that is beyond repair. Lebron and others like him, only further divide.
    This is the answer - pretty soon there will be no whitey playing or coaching in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by pathologist View Post
    This is the answer - pretty soon there will be no whitey playing or coaching in the NBA
    Thats fine. Probably arenas half full at best comes with it

Quote Originally Posted by Biggins View Post
    I agree. Excellent contribution.