Forum: MAIN FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Harden to the Nets

1. #1 Harden to the Nets 
    RX Senior
    espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30706097/sources-houston-rockets-trade-james-harden-brooklyn-nets

I wagered on the Nets winning the East before the season started. I honestly feel worse about it now....

What a circus.

RX Wizard
    The era of trade for a title continues
    Will be interesting to see him try and share the ball lol

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by exploited17 View Post
    The era of trade for a title continues
    Will be interesting to see him try and share the ball lol
    Going to be weird watching him and Kyrie....if Kyrie ever comes back to the court

I like Kyrie/KD together in general. This seems like too much. Their bench is depleted now too with Lavert gone. Allen was a nice piece for them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Avocado33 View Post
    espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30706097/sources-houston-rockets-trade-james-harden-brooklyn-nets

I wagered on the Nets winning the East before the season started. I honestly feel worse about it now....

What a circus.

They might get it all figured out though...

They are a strong team...
    Go Hawks

They're gonna need more basketballs....in practice AND during games.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    Thank god it's not the C's
    Free daycare, preschool, college, healthcare, prescriptions, it's all free people. Redirect police funding, navigate away from oil, the Green New deal, pack the SC 😆

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    Thank god it's not the C's
    Really. I love Ainge as a GM, but I wasn't happy when he got rid of Isaih Thomas and brought in Kyrie who already had a reputation as a malcontent. (AS it turned out he was right about Thomas. But wrong about Kyrie.)

So I was really holding my breath when the Celtics got into the rumor winds for Harden.

Good luck Nets. Gonna love it when the Celts beat you(r) sorry asses.

Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    I just don't like his style of basketball. I'm all in on defense and rebounding and chemistry and execution. I hate hero ball
    Free daycare, preschool, college, healthcare, prescriptions, it's all free people. Redirect police funding, navigate away from oil, the Green New deal, pack the SC 😆

RX Semi-God
    Welchers are the worst.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    Really. I love Ainge as a GM, but I wasn't happy when he got rid of Isaih Thomas and brought in Kyrie who already had a reputation as a malcontent. (AS it turned out he was right about Thomas. But wrong about Kyrie.)

So I was really holding my breath when the Celtics got into the rumor winds for Harden.

Good luck Nets. Gonna love it when the Celts beat you(r) sorry asses.
    Not sure C's can beat them. I like how they play, but they have too low of a ceiling IMO. They seem destined to be a Conference Finals max sort of team

Kyrie is a good player when his head is right and he is comfortable being a #2. He was a great compliment to LeBron

RX Local
    Quote Originally Posted by Avocado33 View Post
    Not sure C's can beat them. I like how they play, but they have too low of a ceiling IMO. They seem destined to be a Conference Finals max sort of team

Kyrie is a good player when his head is right and he is comfortable being a #2. He was a great compliment to LeBron
    THe problem is that he wanted out of Cleveland because he didn't like being second fiddle to Le Bron.

How's he gonna be now?

RX Semi-God
    THe problem is that he wanted out of Cleveland because he didn't like being second fiddle to Le Bron.

How's he gonna be now?
    Nevermind 2nd, for whatever warts people want to put on Harden, he is clearly better than Kyrie. So I dunno how he is gonna handle all that.

Still think BK made the right move to deal for Harden though, they got a higher probability to win the title than they did yesterday IMO. Simple as that. Although I was a little lower on them than the market/consensus before the trade.
    "Forrest Gump is getting his groove on near a beach in Australia. This shit will blow over in a month" - Enfuego on March 12th, 2020 when talking about COVID-19

RX Junior
    Nets will be great...until the playoffs. Even Durant won't be able to overcome Harden's annual playoff meltdown and Kyrie maybe on a 72hr hold in some nuthouse by then.

The NBA should be a warning for the other sports of what happens when the inmates run the asylum. Silver is so weak that the league is totally out of control and no one is noticing because no one is watching.

Economy just took another blow since players can't have visitors in their hotel rooms now. Hookers all over the country are filing for unemployment.

NBA is all about offense now. Defense = fouls. Nets are loaded with offensive fire power. Traditionally this shouldn't work out but in todays game, it might. Which sucks for us fans.

RX Senior
    He must like the strip clubs in NY if he agreed to go there.
    Stay in your lane

RX Senior

How's he gonna be now?
    He seemed fine being second fiddle to KD. It was pretty clear he didn't want Harden to join though.