Forum: MAIN FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: I have to start betting those "totally obvious" plays in college basketball

1. #1 I have to start betting those "totally obvious" plays in college basketball 
    Conservatives, Patriots & Huskies return to glory Willie99's Avatar
    Home of Foxwoods, Mohegan Sun & Looney Libs
    At least this year, COVID has changed everything

Usually when a game looks too obvious, I tend to stay away or fade. If it's too good to be true, it usually is. That's not the case this year.

Ohio St being the most recent example
    Free daycare, preschool, college, healthcare, prescriptions, it's all free people. Redirect police funding, navigate away from oil, the Green New deal, pack the SC 😆

RX Wizard
    Is it me or have road favorites done really well this year?

grabbed me some Uconn at 300/1 last week in Vegas Willie... lets get on a run...every few years your boys come thru for us

Bouknight is truly special all by himself, and he makes everyone else so much better

They also rebound and play defense. Very important attributes for making a run. The one thing they're not doing well is making free throws. A killer in close games

May God be with you my friend
    Free daycare, preschool, college, healthcare, prescriptions, it's all free people. Redirect police funding, navigate away from oil, the Green New deal, pack the SC 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Willie99 View Post
    At least this year, COVID has changed everything

Usually when a game looks too obvious, I tend to stay away or fade. If it's too good to be true, it usually is. That's not the case this year.

Ohio St being the most recent example
    Yep was getting hammered by these type of games just chilling until tourney time I had enough of CBB after Wisky no show in 2H on Sunday.
    "Just cover baby!"

RX Senior
    you do pick a lot of... double digit favs

home court advantage...does it still exist?

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mark View Post
    Not in the age of covid-19 & empty gyms

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mark View Post

​not this year
    Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.

RX Senior
    Next few days:

-bubble team at home getting points vs ranked team (except projected #1 & # 2) or teams projected to be seeded in top 10 on the road that does not give a shit 4* add a star for senior nights if there are fans

-bubble team on the road getting a lot of points vs ranked team (except projected #1 & # 2) or teams projected to be seeded in top 10 that does not give a shit 3* take away a star for senior nights if there are fans

Individual games are tweaked accordingly, injuries, good team jelling and playing well, team that is fading, good team coming off a loss... all of that and other matters counts for 1/2 stars

(& home court still matters in college basketball, the physics of playing and shooting on your home court matters, and even if there are only 1,000 fans, that helps a bit, too)

Looks like some of the traditionally stronger programs are starting to jell. I'm thinking that trend continues more so this year than others. For obvious reasons, that jelling thing is a tad bit later this year.