General Notes about BIGBETPOKER

Search

Rx. Senior
Tokens
Sorry guys, but this post may not make everyone on the site very happy, but it is avalid informational post that KEN needs to consider. He cant get that much money from this site as they dont have too many players! I probably wont be able to make it for these reasons. I joined the book last week and really wasnt all that impressed. Here are the reasons:

1. For our game, there is NO WAY that they will only let us play at our table! Thus, others will join the game that we dont know. I will get to the reasons why that is bad in a few minutes.

2. ALmost no one plays there, thus they will join our game just to get some action. This can be bad as noted below.

3. Software disconnects constantly to me. For some reason, it gives me the boot when i have a GREAT hand, HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This by itself has probably cost me a few hundred dollars because when you come back from getting disconnected, you lost the hand!

4. MUCH BETTER poker rooms for us to play!

5. MOST IMPORTANT REASON! There is some MAJOR collusion going on in terms of people playign together! I have played poker for over 20 years and can read ANYONE in terms of how they bet. These guys mkae it SO OBVIOUS too! Both will stay in until they are the last 2, then one will fold EVERYTIME so we cant see their hand. I got 6 different people doing that, esp at the $15/30 game on Sunday.

Tough to stay when 2 people know each others cards!

These same people will join our game tonight and there is NOTHING that we can do about it. I may not even know all of the peopel who are playing in collusion! But I saw at least 6 people myself and when I was playing yesterday the guys at my table were talking about the collusion effect on the site. Hell they were probably playing together as well, but probably not since I cleaned them out.

6. Not sure about this, but 2 people sent me emails about this book using "dummy" players in the big games. These are active members of the site and I see them playing everyday on that site. I am SURE that is why they wont close our table.

If they come on here and agree to reserve our tabel, then I am game. But otherwise, I am done with this site as there are about 5 poker rooms better than this one, maybe more! Sorry guys, but no reason for our money here to not go to SOMEONE from the RX at least.

Last thing, if you cuss, the software will disconnect you!!!! That cant be good for us!!!!!!! I got disconnected in the middle of a hand like 3 times for saying bad shit and of course lost all hands before someone told me that rule. Or at least that is what the guy on the table said happened to me and he goes to the site everyday.

Now this post may get deleted and if it does, then I will post it again, as this is valid info that the players around here must know. To tell you the truth, I really dont even enjoy playing at the site, but wanted to kick SHRINK's ass in some poker. But oh well, good luck all, I may come watch at least since I cant get rid of the software off of my computer. It is like herpes, stays with you forever like luggage

Banned
Tokens
>There is some MAJOR collusion going on

Must admit... I think I saw this too. Maybe in the same gm.

*BUT* that goes on at ALL poker sites... However, the site MUST do everything it can to stop it.

- - -
"This is the business we've chosen." - Hyman Roth

Tokens
Thanks for the heads-up PO69

I will see what the others think about all of this, and maybe get some feedback from BigBet.

Tokens
playersonly69-

where did you read that there will NOT be an rx exclusive table tonight?

patrick-

will rx members be the only players at are table tonight? is there a password or some mechanism that will give us a "private" table? while i do not feel as if you guys are my "friends," the reason i decided to play at bigbet was to support you folks and to play in this game. Luckily for bigbet i did contribute to the rake by playing in other games to get a feel for the site.

Tokens
yes i believe bigbet said they don't have the software capability to provide us with a private table but I could be wrong.

Do you like my new avatar?
Tokens
You are not wrong Tek

By the way, I'm the orange cat

SportsOptions/Line up with the pros
Tokens
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by playersonly69:
Sorry guys, but this post may not make everyone on the site very happy, but it is avalid informational post that KEN needs to consider. He cant get that much money from this site as they dont have too many players! I probably wont be able to make it for these reasons. I joined the book last week and really wasnt all that impressed. Here are the reasons:

1. For our game, there is NO WAY that they will only let us play at our table! Thus, others will join the game that we dont know. I will get to the reasons why that is bad in a few minutes.

2. ALmost no one plays there, thus they will join our game just to get some action. This can be bad as noted below.

3. Software disconnects constantly to me. For some reason, it gives me the boot when i have a GREAT hand, HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This by itself has probably cost me a few hundred dollars because when you come back from getting disconnected, you lost the hand!

4. MUCH BETTER poker rooms for us to play!

5. MOST IMPORTANT REASON! There is some MAJOR collusion going on in terms of people playign together! I have played poker for over 20 years and can read ANYONE in terms of how they bet. These guys mkae it SO OBVIOUS too! Both will stay in until they are the last 2, then one will fold EVERYTIME so we cant see their hand. I got 6 different people doing that, esp at the $15/30 game on Sunday.

Tough to stay when 2 people know each others cards!

These same people will join our game tonight and there is NOTHING that we can do about it. I may not even know all of the peopel who are playing in collusion! But I saw at least 6 people myself and when I was playing yesterday the guys at my table were talking about the collusion effect on the site. Hell they were probably playing together as well, but probably not since I cleaned them out.

6. Not sure about this, but 2 people sent me emails about this book using "dummy" players in the big games. These are active members of the site and I see them playing everyday on that site. I am SURE that is why they wont close our table.

If they come on here and agree to reserve our tabel, then I am game. But otherwise, I am done with this site as there are about 5 poker rooms better than this one, maybe more! Sorry guys, but no reason for our money here to not go to SOMEONE from the RX at least.

Last thing, if you cuss, the software will disconnect you!!!! That cant be good for us!!!!!!! I got disconnected in the middle of a hand like 3 times for saying bad shit and of course lost all hands before someone told me that rule. Or at least that is what the guy on the table said happened to me and he goes to the site everyday.

Now this post may get deleted and if it does, then I will post it again, as this is valid info that the players around here must know. To tell you the truth, I really dont even enjoy playing at the site, but wanted to kick SHRINK's ass in some poker. But oh well, good luck all, I may come watch at least since I cant get rid of the software off of my computer. It is like herpes, stays with you forever like luggage<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to think you were one of the sharp ones around here players. LOL. Some of the things I agree with but some of this is so far out of line it isn't funny. You sound like Fred Norris now...
icon_wink.gif

1 - I agree with you here, I also would like our own table. At least to start with. Frankly for me I don't care if others want to fill in the empty seats later as the night goes on.

2 - The room does look slow but it is new. Poker sites are tough to crack if you are new. No surprise they are slow and I certainly don't disagree.....

3 - This is where you start getting silly. You really believe they disconnect you when you get a good hand? I didn't want to say anything last night but I thought I saw a little man up in the lights looking down waiting for you to get a good hand, LOL. The truth is even when you get disconnected you go all in for that pot. You don't lose any money if you have the best hand, you just can't bet any more chips. The house gets the same amount of money out of the rake no mattter who wins the pot. Trust me no one is waiting for you to get a good hand to bump you off line. This is indicative of how you think this site has it in for you or something. If they really were trying to get you they wouldn't make it so obvious by bumping you off line on your big hands.

4 - Like Swami said once, just wanted to give something back here. It was appreciated too. For our weekly game this place is more than good enough for me if they can solve a few kinks. Of course everyone can chose to play where they want, I'm just using one of our advertisers.

5 - Collusion. My favorite. I ran a card room for a long time, the amount of collusion someone sees is in direct correlation to how much they won or lost that session usually. Game is always clean when they win, something is wrong when a player loses. Even you state it was okay when you cleaned them out. Now there is collusion all over the place, yes in on line there is too. I have always said this. That is why I play for lower stakes than I usually would and I advise everyone if you feel uncomfortable playing against someone GET UP AT ONCE!! MY personal opinion after playing last night with you is collusion is the least of your worries, LOL. But seriously I just have a hard time believing a 6 member professional cheat team hangs around what you call a dead card room waiting for the RX $3-6 game every week to show up? I played all night long and ended up winning $25 and it was me versus almost all the guys who cheat according to you. How much would they have to win to chop up 6 ways their profit in a $3-6 game? Anyway not to say it isn't there but I think you have blown this way out of porportion in your mind.

6 - I agree here too, I know I played with at least 2 dummies, me being one of them.....
icon_redface.gif

Players - thanks for the feedback. Some I don't disagree with and some of it is way off IMO. Everyone can decide for themselves but this may not be the place for you. I like you and hope you play if we can get it next week but you don't seem comfortable there. Last week you were really upset about the bonus and how hard it was to get. I had forgotten about it thinking I would never get it after reading your posts, I got my free $75 last night! The first night I played!! Anyway we all have opinions and I may be wrong as well but thought I would lay mine out there too. I will call them and go over some stuff but they seem limited in what they can do. I even want to do a tournament of some sort. If you have any questions let me know....

[This message was edited by Patrick McIrish on June 04, 2003 at 03:13 PM.]

Tokens
good post mcirish.

currently, im on the fence about my participation in the weekly bigbet rx game. my major issue is not the collusion but the software.

1) collusion - not an issue since i plan to play primarily in the rx game (i hope that none of you guys would try to cheat fellow community members in a friggin 3/6 poker game). i do prefer to play higher limits where collusion generally is more of a problem but until the room at the higher limits is busier with easier games than the other sites i play at, i probably will not spend much time at bigbet. its tough to start a new room especially when competitors are advertising on tv.
icon_eek.gif

i appreciate playersonly warning folks about colluders. ive only been playing hold em for a little more than a year and unless im in the middle of obvious collusion, its tough for me to spot.

2) software - as many of you noticed last night, i disconnected no less than a half dozen times. the problem ive been told is that i run norton antivirus software and that i should run fewer programs when i have bigbet open. rather than turn it off as suggested by bigbet, i will try a different fix as suggested by tekari. this alteration will not affect anything but bigbet so i will try it. if the only solution to my issue is to turn off norton and run only bigbet, i will cash out. frankly, with a pc with 512mb ram and a p4 2.6 ghz processor, one reason i have it is so i can have my email open surf the net, and have mp3s blaring, WHILE i get my kicks playing poker. this is only an issue with bigbet. ive sent a few emails, i called them on the phone once, and i will alter norton per tekari. if this doesnt work, i'm done. there's but so much i will do to "give something back" and enjoy the company of my fellow posters.

btw, mcirish, ive played no less than 8 hours at bigbet and i've got more than a few hands/hours to go to get my 75 bucks. lol. good bonus structure from a business standpoint. not as good for the players as other sites. since i dont care much about the bonus i can appreciate a structure that is fair for both the room and players.

SportsOptions/Line up with the pros
Tokens
Good post and very fair swami. Can't say I would blame you at all if it bumps you off line all night. Hope Tekari fixes computers as handy as he plays cards so you will stay with us though.....

For the other stuff you have to keep in mind we are basically a society where we need excuses. This man raped 50 women and terrorized them all over the southwest but his Mother used to spank him. Not his fault. This guy had the Vikings and it lost but it was clear the fix was in on this one. "I can't win if there is a fix in!!"

In poker there is LOTS of that, we have all seen it. I can't win here because:

- the cards are red and blue...
- the cards are brown and green
- that dealer doesn't like me...
- he's in my lucky seat...
- anytime you don't get the roast beef well done I lose...
- this color carpet is impossible for me to win while playing on..
- I'm playing great, everyone else here is against me...
- the noise here drives me crazy....
- can we lower the game please.
- can we turn the game up....
- people in seats #2-5 are related and I know they play together....
- why do you have the green felt here, I always win at so-so's place with the blue..
- if Pete is dealing don't bother calling me, I can't win with him dealing...

And on it goes. Normally the worse the player the more "superstitious" he is plus the better he is at spotting collusion. Anyway I post this more for amusement than to make a point necessarily. CERTAINLY this does not disqualify the fact there could be something to what others have said but for the most part we seem to be a society based on excuses to a large degree. Even one of my buddies who I consider above average in intelligence swears the major sports are all fixed. Of course he only complains when he is on the wrong side.....
icon_wink.gif

Rx. Senior
Tokens
Well you are DEFINITELY wrong about one thing Pat. You only get one "free" disconnect" and then subsequent occurences result in a fold. Check out the site where it says all-ins 1. That means that you go all in only 1 time.

I never said that the software intentionally gave me the boot when i had a great hand, but it booted quite a bit. One of those hands was a $200 hand which I would have won since i asked the players what won the hand. It also happened a few other times where I would have won. Doesnt matter if it happens when you lose since you would have folded anyway!!! Maybe now you see my point!!!!

Now as far as collusion goes, well it is all over this site! I DO KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT in that instance! It is was so obvious most of the time it is incredible! I won quite a few of the hands, but others make it obvious when they ALWAYS fold when the other guy will win!!!!!! Or when they go head-up, it always results in a fold by one of the two

You may not be aware of what collusion is in terms of betting on the net. All you need in an instant messanger system and you are set to AT LEAST know what cards that you have no chance of receiving!!!!

Anyway i just joined partypoker.com last night. It is a KICKASS site. I sure dont get disconnected very often. Sometimes it is best not to get paid by a site so one can be a little less biased.

Oh

Tokens
playersonly69-

do you run norton antivirus software? if so, turn it off and try playing at bigbet. last night i got disconnected while i watching the games....lol. i turned off my norton auto protect and i was able to watch without being disconnected (i assume that i would have been fine had i decided to play).

with that said, i cashed out since i prefer not to alter my system just to play at a poker site in one game a week during a specific time that i may or may not be able to make.

btw, i play at party poker all the time and they have software issues (statistics in lobby are not always accurate). people complain about their software and customer service all the time. if you worry about collusion, you should think twice about the large poker rooms.

use your head, if you were part of a colluding team would you prefer to play at

a) a place that is very busy with mutliple full tables at all limits and regularly has 4500+ people playing at the site? or

b) a poker room that has at most 30 people playing on it at one time including your colluding team?

where would it be easier to evade detection? where is the more target rich environment?

i'm no bigbet supporter so i don't have a motive here. i just question the soundness of your arguments.

do i think cheating goes on at online poker sites...YES. do i think that the higher limit games are cheated...YES. do i think the lower limit games are cheated...MAYBE. do i think i've been cheated at times....YES. do i feel comfortable at the limits i play...YES. the game is a hobby for me and if i drop a few bucks doing it, i'm fine with that since the nearest legal poker room is a 2.5 hour drive from my home. fortunately for my bankroll, i'm way better at poker than capping games and the hobby is profitable for me
icon_wink.gif
. i'm no shark but i can play the game at a level where i win some and lose some but end up on the plus side over time. the only reason i'm cashing out $3 more than i put in at bigbet is due to the part of the bonus that i was able to capture through my raked hands and the few bucks i won on tuesday.

playersonly....in another post patrick made a comment about collusion and whether YOU should worry about it. read that comment. the rx lineup is not the easiest that you will find in online poker.

i want to play with you folks since i think the skill level fairly close with a few outliers and the game was fun. with that said, ive got a bankroll at party where i can get into a game at any limit and at any time i want to, i can arrange a private table at anytime without checking with support first, run my norton antivirus, and read boxscores with live updates without the software crashing. i would love for the game to move there (or someplace else) but until it does i wont be a regular particpant in rx poker night. i may have a change of heart but until then, good luck all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MalissaPal
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com