Party Poker

Search

Rx. Senior
Tokens
I know that everyone loves this site, and to tell you the truth I love the site as well! But read my firepay thread and you will see how they can close your account for no good reason and keep your money as well. I have called about 8 different phone numbers to discuss this problem, but each operator gives me another phone number to call and the next operator knows NOTHIGN about hte case!!! Well you might not want to make any more BIG deposits until this gets resolved. I did read on another site 2 days ago about a few posters having more problems than me getting their payouts of over $3000 each! That is what made want to post this now. Well all of this started about 1 week ago and party poker hasnt fixed it yet!! I am glad that I am only about about $250 here, that isnt much to cry about, but no one else needs to lose their money here!!

GOD I LOVE SPORTSBETTING, this poker room shit sucks!!

[This message was edited by playersonly69 on July 01, 2003 at 02:54 AM.]

SSI

Tokens
ive played here for months and never had any trouble,, of course all i use is western union or neteller..... i think this is a great place to play.. the even sent me a birthday card...

The People's Champ

Tokens
playersonly69-

in fairness to party, you should also explain your situation in a post in this thread as well.

the bottom line is that they received a communication from a payment processor that led them to freeze your account. in fact firepay told them that your money was not good. if firepay tells party that they did not accept your money then why should party allow you to play with funds that allegedly do not exist?

this part was not clear but...why should they allow you to keep "winnings" if the ill gotten gains came from playing with a bankroll that should not have existed given that firepay said the deposit was no good? if you won using other deposits then that is a different story.

it seems that your real beef is with firepay here. am i correct in saying that party does not know that your second deposit cleared? from your post it seems that the last communication from firepay is that the money is no good. of course they have you saying that the desposit is good along with a few select "eff yous." remember you are the guy that firepay told them was scamming.

i agree with the point that party's cust. service stinks. as a result of their advertising they experienced huge growth that they were not prepared to deal with. cussing at them was not a good idea since last time i checked you catch more bees with honey.

with that said, party is the best place to play poker on the net and your money is safe there. it is particularly good for new players due to the fact that the games are not as tough as those found at other sites. ive played there for about a year with thousands of $$$ in transactions without one problem.

Rx. Senior
Tokens
Well one thing that maybe you didnt read in the other thread swami is that partypoker HAS ALL of their money even as of 6 days ago when I made that neteller deposit and they took back the $150 which should not have been taken back.

Maybe I should have said that the $300 DID NOT go t opartypoker, it went to another book! Partypoker has 100% of all of my deposits, but also has my meager winnings as well!

Tokens
not that its any of my business but...if the original 300 did not go to party, why did firepay call party and tell them that the 150 was no good?

further, has firepay contacted party and said that the 150 they told them is no good is now good and your account should not be frozen and you should be credited an additional 150?

you mention that party is whole but it seems that the only reason they are whole is b/c they took 150 of your recent 250 deposit since firepay told them that the original 150 was not honored.

either:
1) im not getting this
2) party really didnt do anything wrong since they were told by one of their vendors that your $$ was not honored
3) you are leaving out a few details
4) you are up to something shady (which i really don't think. i just think that firepay has effed you all over the place.)

if i ran a business (party) and a vendor called me and said that i should not honor your $$ and this vendor was responsible for paying me, i would lock your account until i received word from that vendor that all was good. in this case i can't see how they could really trust the customer (you).

Tokens
players69-

thanks for repsonding to my posts in the other thread. i know they can be lengthy. anyway your response makes things a bit clearer. a few issues still remain....

1) did firepay allow the original (49+96)to clear at party? i have a had time believing that party took your 49+96 then another 150 on top of that. Bottom line is that they are even yet they still froze your account which sucks just a little (a lot for you though). i think i would do the same though if i was in their shoes. let's see......

vendor alerts me of scammer -scammer redeposits using a different payment method
icon_eek.gif
and makes me whole - i lock the account - scammer cries foul and tells story about vendor screwing him - i still have not heard from vendor - account stays locked until i hear otherwise. you get it..it looks shady. firepay tells them your money is no good and you redeposit through neteller a few days later. comon..it looks shady to me.

2) i think the answer to question #1 is probably, "you don't know" whether or not the original 49+96 cleared at party.

as i said, firepay screwed this whole situation. i don't think you did anything wrong here but your activity in combination with firepay's warning leads party to think you are dishonest.

posting your issue regarding firepay is the right thing to do. with that said, you dissed party here and in the poker forum when frankly it does not seem as if they did much out of the ordinary.

party's cust. service is shaky but to post a "serious warning" party in the poker thread is a bit irresponsible IMHO given their role in this situation.

FYI, im not a party shill but i enjoy playing there. additionally, when i see a post that doesn't look/smell right to me i respond if i have insight or experience that may be valuable.

SportsOptions/Line up with the pros
Tokens
Players - it seems you have problems everywhere you go. LOL. I can't bring up a book, a poker room or an on-line bank that hasn't screwed you over. Not saying you are making it up but you must be a demanding customer or somehow they aren't communicating with you very well. Off the top of my head in the last few weeks from you I have read....

- This thread with the "serious warning" about Party Poker.

- I tried to get us playing at BigBet but you swore there was collusion and they bumped you off line when you got a good hand. Though there was other concerns from another player you even got me wondering you were so vocal against this poker room.

- I mentioned BoDog somewhere and you were particularly sure this place was bad news. I can't even remember all of what you said but there was some conspiracy on those Survivor bets I think it was.

- I read tonight in off shore you are saying stay away from Firepay.

Heck I just started working here a month ago, haven't really looked into what else you have said, LOL. I guess I shouldn't mention it as you may be right in all these things but it seems you run in to all sorts of bad luck. We kind of gave up the poker night (which I really liked) partly based on your feedback but you don't like it anywhere it seems. Anyway just thinking out loud, don't get angry as I don't mean to offend you. Just you remind me of my wife sometime....
icon_wink.gif

Rx. Senior
Tokens
Well I am not sure that I said to stay away from bodog, I just said that everything wasnt as it seemed! The workers in question were not fired and that was not really the story here. But since it doesnt matter to me either way, I dont care. Hell I still play at bodog myself! I love their lines and variety of bets! Great lines and cool when I need to bet over the phone which happens very regularly.

In a brief summation of the events surrounding the survivor thing, keep the next sentence in mind and this is all that I will say.

THEIR WAS THE BEST MARKETING JOB THAT I HAVE SEEN IN A FEW YEARS FOR A SLUMPING BUSINESS TO GET THEIR NAME ON TV, RADIO AND NEWSPAPERS.

Tokens
Players even accused the RX of changing the time stamp on one of his posts. He posted a play late in the Rio contest and swore that it was in before the game started. He said that the mods must have changed the time on his post. I hate to jump on a guy when he's down but Players seems to see things a little bit different then the rest of us.

Tokens
Party customer service sucks. Hasn't scaled up quickly enough with all their new traffic.

Not to say anything about this situation, but it is tough to get someone with the power to make a decision on the phone.

Hope you get this resolved player.

Rx. Senior
Tokens
Raiders, speaking of character, I never saw you offer to split the pot that you "won." You know that by 2 minutes, you would not have won that pot! Maybe you should be the one to shut up and build some character.

Because I feel that most would have at least MADE THE OFFER of splitting the pot! But you never said anything as such! I probably would have rejected it anyway, but it showed me a bit of your character by not even offering some sort of settlement!

Tokens
and we've seen a bit of your character over a lousy week,

used to be in the sportsbetting world you love so, that you could only collect once a week too.

Tokens
Players- You put the play in late and then accused the mods of changing the time stamp on your post. You are the one that qustioned RPM nunerous times about what you happen if a play were late. 'Nuff said about your character.

Players
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> posted May 16, 2003 01:01 PM
A couple of stupid questions here for you RPM. I only ask them because I can forsee them causing problems if they are not addressed here and if i stay in contention until Sunday, then i might need to know the answer before the games go off.

1. If I post a second game on one day and call it a rainout game, will that game count for that day if the primary pick rains out? I dont want to to win my second game after the first one rains out and then you dont count it or when it loses, all of sudden we count the play. Just address that in this thread and we can use it as the law.

2. In regards to past posting of picks, what is considered the deadline for each game? For example most games start at 7:05 not 7:00. So will the deadline ot post the picks be at 7:05 or at least the :05 or :35 at whatever hour the game starts. Not a big deal you see, but it will be a big deal if someone is waiting for the leaders picsk and he picks at 7:04 and then the second place guy places his play at 7:06. We just need a rule for that

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RPMs response
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> posted May 16, 2003 01:24 PM
players,

for your first question, yes if you post a second play in case the first one rains out, it WILL count. we have actually already addressed that and agreed to it.

second question...

if a game starts at 7:05 and a post is time stamped 7:05 or earlier it counts. if it is time stamped 7:06 or later it doesnt count.

i dont want to hear one word about "the time stamp for my post is wrong." if its off by a minute or two minutes, or five minutes, it doesnt matter, because it is off the same amount for everyone.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tokens
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patrick McIrish:
Players - it seems you have problems everywhere you go. LOL. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is funny stuff....i was thinking the same thing..playersonly69 has more problems than you can shake a stick at.

my favorite part is where he says that party closed his account for "no good reason" except for the fact that:

1) firepay said his money was no good and
2) after firepay said that his $$ was not honored, he deposited through neteller a few days later.

if that activity does not scream that someone could be up to no good i dont know what does. i think i'll start a new thread.....

"kudos to party poker for freezing an account with suspicious activty after being warned by a vendor that the player's deposit was not honored"

Rx. Senior
Tokens
I am not sure how many languages I need to spell it out to you swami, but maybe you are a little slow, so here it goes again. PARTYPOKER received ALL of their money most likely! NONE OF MY DEPOSITS to partypoker EVER had any problems!! Firepay jumped the gun and canceled ALL deposits to books and now partypoker refuses to even look into the matter except to keep all the money in my account that is mine! I NEVER sent bad deposits to partypoker! I used neteller on more than 1 occassion with no problems of course. Now when partypoker is all squre, they have to go and cancel my deposits and NO ONE can tell me what to do about it! I only mad at partypoker DUMBASS because I WANT to continue playing at partypoker, but no ne can answer or return ANY PHONE CALLS to explain the situation and they keep the rest of my money in the account

It might be best that you not say anything else if you cant understand it this time!

[This message was edited by playersonly69 on June 30, 2003 at 01:47 AM.]

Tokens
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by playersonly69:
SNIP.....PARTYPOKER received ALL of their money most likely! NONE OF MY DEPOSITS to partypoker EVER had any problems!! Firepay jumped the gun and canceled ALL deposits to books and now partypoker refuses to even look into the matter except to keep all the money in my account that is mine! I NEVER sent bad deposits to partypoker! I used neteller on more than 1 occassion with no problems of course. Now when partypoker is all squre, they have to go and cancel my deposits and NO ONE can tell me what to do about it! I only mad at partypoker DUMBASS because I WANT to continue playing at partypoker, but no ne can answer or return ANY PHONE CALLS to explain the situation and they keep the rest of my money in the account...snip

[This message was edited by playersonly69 on June 30, 2003 at 01:47 AM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is what you said in another thread.."THEREFORE, THEY SENT EVERYONE AN EMAIL stating that ALL payments would not be accepted and to close accounts I guess. "

dude...you are correct, Party is square NOW (since your Neteller deposit)and i do understand that and have understood that since you updated your thread to include more detail. WITH THAT SAID....

FIREPAY DID CALL PARTY AND TELL THEM THAT YOUR DEPOSIT WAS NOT HONORED!!!!!!

BTW.."PARTYPOKER received ALL of their money most likely! " What is with the "most likely?"....meaning you do not know for sure since Firepay screwed-up this situation.

"I NEVER sent bad deposits to partypoker!"..does that mean you sent bad deposits to other places?

the bottom line is that your assumption is that Firepay called everyone and said that NONE of your deposits are good including your deposit 49+96

...you then redeposited with Party using Neteller for 250 and Party confiscated 150 of it (close to 49+96) and locked the account until the situation is clarified.

I think you are missing my point....

1) Party received a warning about your deposits from one of their service providers (Firepay). Why should they trust any of your deposits now?
2) You have not received any communication from Firepay and Party told you to contact Firepay, so you really don't know what has happened for sure.
3) The evidence you have posted leads me to believe that Firepay went off half-cocked and warned everyone and their mother about you and your deposits.
4) Party's customer service is not great but they have already told you to contact Firepay since Firepay caused the problem in the first place. In fact, they were kind enough to give you a phone number for Firepay since you could not find one.
5) As I have stated before, YOUR ACTIVITY IN COMBINATION WITH THE FIREPAY WARNING IS SUSPICIOUS. Why should Party release the funds to you or allow you to gamble with them if the last communication they had with Firepay is a warning that your deposits were not honored? If you were some scam artist they would want to have all the funds available to reimburse others. This policy protects everyone involved except for those looking to scam the system.
6) It is clear that you are out at least 100 bucks from your Neteller deposit of 250. It could be more if the original 49+96 deposits were honored (but you don't know that do you since the last communication you have with anyone is that Firepay says the money was no good).

remember this is what you posted...

"Swami, thanks for asking those detailed questions. It makes me realize that I didnt post all of the facts, but the truth is that I have no idea what they all are!!!"

until you know all the facts, you should not be posting "serious warnings" since people have businesses to run and these threads take on a life of their own and can cause damage to the sites.

go after Firepay..they are the cause of the problems but frankly, you are not going to get anywhere with Party until they get a message from Firepay saying that the situation is cleared up.

POSTING A SERIOUS WARNING ABOUT PARTY WAS IRRESPONSIBLE IN THIS SITUATION. posting a warning about their customer service would have been appropriate.

onto the personal chit......for you to call me "slow" and a "dumbass" is a joke!!! anyone reading these threads will undoubtedly recognize who is slow and dumb here. for you to take a shot at me like that after saying things like "..it makes me realize that I didnt post all of the facts, but the truth is that I have no idea what they all are.." is just plain funny. who in their right mind would post an allegation without all the facts?!?!?!

i've filtered through your crap only to see if i should be concerned about Party since i have a few grand sitting there. of course i shouldn't be concerned, you're just another player who doesnt have his chit straight and is dealing with companies with questionable operations (Firepay).

Rx. Senior
Tokens
Well I cant get anyone to talk about it on the phone, but I can tell you that my deposits of $69 and $96 were paid by my bank. Now I am sure that the money is at firepay and not party poker, but the weird thing is that party didnt cancel my account immediately after I sent the money. They let me play a while for about 2 days before cancelling the account. Of course I had some oney in my account as well. Why not cancel it immediately? I wasnt too worried about posting this shit here since no one but me and you read this room anyway it appears

I changed the title just for you swami, I was a bit harsh here, but why in 15 phone calls will no one even discuss the account? They keep giving me another phone number and then that person doesnt answer and I leave a message that no one returns the call.

Tokens
dude if these threads are a joke..you really hooked me because now you have deposits of 69 + 96 not 50 + 100 or 300 as mentioned in previous threads but those are just details....

i'm not sure what's funnier/sadder a) you posting different information regarding deposits and who they went to or b) me reading them and responding.

a couple of suggestions:

1) send an email to party poker support to the attention of Lucy Jones, she runs support. i received an email from her once when i had an issue and i looked for it to get her address i couldnt find it so i did a web search and here it is..lucyjones@partypoker.com also try ccing mike sexton, sexton@partypoker.com. if you have email traffic between yourself and other agents you may want to include that information in your email. im not saying that she will respond to your satisfaction or quickly but maybe she can help. if that email doesn't work, try the normal support email addy but use Attn: Lucy Jones. the address i gave you comes from a problem before the advertisements and before they moved/opened a support operation in india.

one other thing, im not trying to break your balls BUT you need to have your facts together or any customer service person will have a hard time helping you, even those who are remotely competent (which are few).

my guess is that she will respond and try to help you but most likely she will point you to firepay (remember, essentially they told party that you were a deadbeat).

2) you may want to manage your bankrolls (poker/sportsbook) a bit better. you are bound to get into trouble depositing small amounts frequently and depending on the frequency/deposit methods, transaction fees could kill you.

unfortunately, this is a bad time to have a problem at party. not sure if you knew this but they had 4000 real money players last night which is more than every other poker room COMBINED
icon_eek.gif
. this is not an excuse for them since they effed up. they grew too much too quickly and have had a helluva time dealing with the growth. they seemed to have cleaned up the sever problems but customer service is going to take a while. what's worse is that you have firepay thrown in there which means resolution will come in weeks not days. good luck and keep me up to date.

btw, i think you and i are the only two that read this forum but still, be careful with your accusations.

Rx. Senior
Tokens
I believe you with the 4000 players playing. Hell 1000 is enough for me as long as you can get a game which is easy to do.

Man you read my threads too closely! A guy cant make a typo here or there? I made a slight error with $49 yesterday, but not a big deal. But you may have forgotten a few key facts to my case, my $300 deposit is still a correct number that was sent to another book. I really wasnt expecting a grammar lesson when I started this thread 1 week ago when I put 50 +100. Sorry if I wasnt as precise as you like, but I believe that everyone go the idea.

Dont worry about my bankrolls at other sportsbooks, since I NEVER pay the transaction fees. I always deposit enough to have my western union payments paid for and firepay didnt charge anything back then. My $250 neteller deposit was from a $1600 payout from a sportsbook, so no transction fees there either.

Dont worry about my sportsbooks accounts as I bet more than $1000 a day at the sportsbooks, sometimes more than $2000 at any of three books. And I am not a guy who requests a payout of $200 a time either, I try and wait until the grow pretty large and then request a payout.

QUOTE:
i'm not sure what's funnier/sadder a) you posting different information regarding deposits and who they went to or b) me reading them and responding.

Probably the answer would be B. But still fun to talk about it

[This message was edited by playersonly69 on July 01, 2003 at 01:34 PM.]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bodyhealthtechofficia
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com