Forum: Baseball Forum - Post your picks or discuss anything related to betting MLB here.

Thread: Bye bye baseball

Shaman; Prophet; Seer
    I can't believe I was once winning at about 70% and was +79*.

In the last week I haven't been able to win anything. And there's no logic to it. Last night I had three games that according to all objective analysis I should have at least won one of them. Yet, true to form, they all flopped.

Seems like the only way you can consistently win at this sport (and perhaps all of them) is to be very disciplined and wait for those special games where you truly find some mismatch. I don't seem to be able to do that. Once I'm into something, I gotta play the games.

Anyway, I can see that I could easily blow my entire bankroll on baseball, and since I obviously don't know enough about it to consistently win, I'm going to start now handicapping football and be prepared for another winning season in something that I somewhat know what I'm doing.

You guys take care. I'll be checking on you, and I hope you all have very profitable summers. I'll be back near the end of August for some real fun!

bye bye

Football will be fun.

Another Day, Another Dollar The General's Avatar
    IM in Reb. I tried this year to make plays as well, but after losing a dime +, Im done too.
    I'll wait on foots. Atleast i enjoy that.

Best of luck to the rest though . I envy those who can enjoy this game. I think that is my big problem. I do not like baseball much. makes it hard for me to wager.

RX Junior
    Guys , Guys.... Its not even the All Star break yet... Now get back in there and get some winners....

RX Junior
    ny reb baseball knocks everybody out if they gamble everyday, i beleive it is impossible to win if you bet on baseball,espicially if you want action all the time. It is to damm tempting to not bet all the time once you start winning you think you know it all and then it all goes wrong one way or the other. However,if you do pick and choose your games and manage your money maybe you could come out with a profit. Perfect example is the mets beat the expos in first two games,there is no way in hell the mutts are going to take three in a row. Now if i had any kind of dicipline i would have waited for this game and jumped all over it. But know i have know control and that is why i am out of action . Always have to learn the hard way.

RX Junior
    NY Reb - Why don't you take a week or two off and then just cap games and write down what you would have played till you get back in the swing of the things. You've been doing too good to not know what you're doing in baseball. If you decide to hang it it up this year in baseball, then GL to you in football and see you in the other forum.

Shaman; Prophet; Seer
    Thanks for the good wishes, guys.

CJH034, you do pretty good, maybe I should just follow you At any rate, I'll consider what you said. Thanks.