Forum: Classic Threads From The Past - Visit here for a great "blast from the past" and view some terrific, informative and interesting "Classic Threads" posted by thousands of savvy sportsbettors over the years here at The Rx.com.....

Thread: Line Shopping Is Vastly Overrated

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Coach,

When the line opened last week, it was Pats -2.5 and I buried it. I do not care that it is -1 now.

Pats win by double digits and picking winners is more important than getting good lines.

Thanks for the tip, Coach.

RX Senior
    I would like to say that this is the most useless and false topic I have ever read.

RX Member
    false

He's right when he says beating the closing line is more important than line shopping. It's a fact.

Well i know one good friend who never shops lines .............if he comes up with a push on any game be it at 3 or 7 or 10 or 14 he just buys the half point both ways and wins two bets. BUT after doing this for years he saw that the amount of Games where it occured was too small

seems that he found the redskins to be worse at pushes than all other teams on the 3 pt spread.

SO he foucuses on them when laying 3 or taking 3 but now with new HC's and everything again figure redskins to stink it up again maybe win 5 or 6 games as per word i got from friend. I agree what others said timing is everything placing bet on a dog early is best beacuse many times i saw lines drop later 1.5 - 2 1/2 pts. Favorites best to wait on because when joe n jane public pop them your always going to lay more points on game day then you go dog ......

However to dispell the spreads fact as per actual tracking of my good buddy over 12 years in NFL the average % of time when the spread losses is 19.5 % of the time that is favorite pushes or wins by less than spread.

Best way to win at NFL is to fade the teams who waxed the vegas odds last year like 10- 6 ATS and 12-4 ATS or 11-5 ats

they always seem to adjust quickly on these teams if you look at previous years lines compare to this years you will see more points.
    I never had a bad day in my life.