Forum: Classic Threads From The Past - Visit here for a great "blast from the past" and view some terrific, informative and interesting "Classic Threads" posted by thousands of savvy sportsbettors over the years here at The Rx.com.....

Thread: If you could ask Billy Walters one question?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    I'd like to ask him, if he thinks anyone "wins longterm"

Thanks Judge. I was sold on the arm band.

I am sorry for using the "R" word - and NOTHING ELSE! winkyduck's Avatar
    I live in a Multi-Million Dollar Mansion thanks to all the money I made by fading Brandon Lang
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow
    Why would anybody want to kick his ass, because he is successful and he pays like a man when he loses. nothing wrong with manipulating the numbers, if I could I would without any heisatation. the man is a winner, he didnt get rich holding up a bank or threatening books what numbers to use. all the books that thinks he"s a THIEF are the ones with very SOFT numbers, maybe they should take time and sharpen their pencil. he wins fair and square, how could any book ever mule him, nobody but a scum bag book...
    NO - you are reading this wrong. when i called NSC/Dan the Man to bust him - the guy who was the scamdicapper SALES person said he was Billy Walters - and we know he really is not THE BW - and my guess is if the "REAL" BW ever met this guy using his name - he'd "F" him up royally

and Ace - yeah "i moved" from between Jenn's legs since she cheated on me and got preggo with Ben. wouldn't mind moving "To the Y" of Tiffani Amber - she is STILL "getting it done"!

RX Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksorbetter
    I'd ask him if he thought he was old enough to be called Bill now instead of Billy.
    Ha! Ha! now that was a good one.

if it gives anyone of you B. W. haters any satisfaction i do know of a runner of his that ran off with 250 K of his cash.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by valium
    Ha! Ha! now that was a good one.

if it gives anyone of you B. W. haters any satisfaction i do know of a runner of his that ran off with 250 K of his cash.
    The guy is a piece a **** stealing the 250k from him, I have never heard in my entire life of BW ever stiffing anyone until I heard the Judges reply yesterday about Tugboat, it might be true but I cant believe it..

RX Member
    you are right the guy couldn't be trusted with cash. it wasn't uncommon for runners for the big movers to run off with cash. most didn't leave with much. most were betting themselves with the company's money. you know what happens they start losing they start chasing. with the group's money of course.

by the way a few runners who were " robbed " of the company's money were bogus stories, you know staged. they had to recoup there gambling losses. every big group had this problem. cost of doing business.

artie had a very long list of runners that came up short come accounting time. he was nuts he let some still work for him to work off the debt. a couple got him twice.

Banned
    just greedy..once your 'in' that should be enough

RX Junior
    Why are rates so high on your cabbage patch golf courses?

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac man
    I would like to know how he went from being a down and out broke gambler to being, what Shrink has said, the sharpess sports gambler ever? You would think if he had this "sharpness" and this mastery of sports betting he wouldn't have been broke to begin with? How all of the sudden did he get this way? I guess I may have asked too many questions instead of the required one.

Loosely the computer group is what put him over the top. Contrary to popular belief, he did not found them, he bought them out in either 75-76 and used them religisouly up till about 87 or 88 at which point he got tired of paying them and fired them. Any true Vegas old timer will tell you he has not been shit for years and his rep + tremendous outs is what drives the lines.

Sugarbear, Wozniak Steve Jobs syndrome

There are many groups out there today that push just as much stuff as BW does or did its just that they somehow fly under the radar.

sugar has forgotten more than most will ever know...

get in line greenhorns

bw gets down in asia for 40large a game lot of his tuff doesnt even hit screen any more

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbear
    Loosely the computer group is what put him over the top. Contrary to popular belief, he did not found them, he bought them out in either 75-76 and used them religisouly up till about 87 or 88 at which point he got tired of paying them and fired them. Any true Vegas old timer will tell you he has not been shit for years and his rep + tremendous outs is what drives the lines.

:suomi:

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by RobFunk
    Sugarbear, Wozniak Steve Jobs syndrome

That and ego's involved on both sides. Men are Men and money means nothing after awhile or when you have enough. Some say they were fired and others say they quit. In any event niether needed or wanted the other at the time of the breakup.

What burns a lot is that he gets credit in the same vain Vic Salerno does.
    Yeah they were the main front men and had a lot of things attached to them that they do not deny if asked, but the people who did the real work get no credit and few have ever heard of or have heard about how certain things came about, the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbear
    That and ego's involved on both sides. Men are Men and money means nothing after awhile or when you have enough. Some say they were fired and others say they quit. In any event niether needed or wanted the other at the time of the breakup.

What burns a lot is that he gets credit in the same vain Vic Salerno does.
    Yeah they were the main front men and had a lot of things attached to them that they do not deny if asked, but the people who did the real work get no credit and few have ever heard of or have heard about how certain things came about, the right way.

Double :suomi: :suomi:

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by whalewager
    sugar has forgotten more than most will ever know...

get in line greenhorns

Just remember, I am the baby of the bunch. Most of what I can convey was told to me over the years by the old timers themselves when I worked at the Dust. It is my BIG HOPE THIS FALL that many come from behind the woodwork and tell you all kinds of interesting little things you dont know about. It kills me all the little things I know on one hand, but on the other I am one of the few if any under 40 today who does know and I am grateful for it.

Any Vegas Old Guard person in here will tell you just how hyped I am on there history and how torn I am so many know nothing of the great sacrafices and contributions they made for us all to be here today.

Many in the society are quietly killing them with there selfish, myopic and crybaby ways. Believe me when I tell you.

in the gambling world...... being in the right place at the right time.....is all it takes to make it big.....

many a successfull offshore shop was started by men who got rich by booking a handfull of big bettors years ago.....

Quote Originally Posted by RobFunk
    I would ask him to go into detail about losing his house from pitching nickels. This is a rather juicy topic that has'nt been exploited and gone into depth with yet.

I dont care about his picks becuase they suck lately. If you owned as much real estate and golf courses as him, your picks would blow too.
    Well said !

I might ask him if he remembers ole so an so?

RobFunk i have just got to have that avatar!

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by dimeplayersonly
    in the gambling world...... being in the right place at the right time.....is all it takes to make it big.....

many a successfull offshore shop was started by men who got rich by booking a handfull of big bettors years ago.....

Some of the biggest, best and most respected houses out there were built that way. There should be even more but its hard to continue to do the right thing when money pours in, in ever increasing amounts. A couple of well respected Vegas guys sit chair out there and thats there story.

id actually ask him why his brother drove his pick up into the light pole out side the UNLV WISCY game 5 years ago score was 24 5 with 8 minutes to go he had over

Quote Originally Posted by steak tartar
    id actually ask him why his brother drove his pick up into the light pole out side the UNLV WISCY game 5 years ago score was 24 5 with 8 minutes to go he had over

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by steak tartar

I had a former coworker get jumped by a customer at the counter over that game. He launched from a standstill position and pinned him clean to the floor. The video of it was unreal, he just launched right over the top of the counter, clean. It was hilarious to everyone but the person atacked.

That game also produced a police emergency here. So many Wisconsin fans were runnning around trying to cash there tickets not even trying to hear what the rules or where said rules were posted in plain public view for all to read. They wanted there money and herd mentality was pushing the envelope big time. The police were out in force on the strip and security surrounded the books big time.

They also didn't shut up all weekend and were treated rudely by many behind the counter all over the strip because we hear enough crying as it is and it dont last 3 days when people do.

One guy even hired a lawer. It was a 22 dollar bet. No lie.

before bw and his partners made it big.........

an old bookmaker told me this story

"i made him put the money up front"

"hell i made all car-salesmen put up"

ya lol it was chaos just in the office in cr we had experinced bettors who new the rules goinballistic it was some mess