Can Anyone Post the New NBA Story From ESPN Insider???

Search

NBA and Miami Heat Guru
Tokens
The story is located in the NBA page and is entitled "where you going?'. If anyone could post it, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

SB

Listen we r all here to give and take! does it mat
Tokens
the only nes story i knew about

<!-- Detect Image --><!-- End detect image -->

<TABLE width=188 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle><SCRIPT>//Define properties of imagevar imageLocation = "/media/pistons/brown_188_041120.jpg"; var imageCaption = "Larry Brown, New York Knicks.";var imageCredit = "Jesse D. Garrabrant/NBAE/Getty Images";var imageWidth = 188;var imageHeight = 280;var iFrameEmbed = false;var omitEmailPhoto = false;</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="/js/emailPhoto.js"></SCRIPT><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=188 colSpan=3>
brown_188_041120.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=ePhotoBorder colSpan=3 height=1>
blank.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=ePhotoBorder width=1>
blank.gif
</TD><TD class=ePhotoBox align=middle width=186>E-mail photo | Buy photos
</TD><TD class=ePhotoBorder width=1>
blank.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=ePhotoBorder colSpan=3 height=1>
blank.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Brown comes home to coach his hometown team.
Jesse D. Garrabrant/NBAE/Getty Images
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>At the Madison Square Garden press conference, the New York Knicks named Brooklyn-native Lawrence Harvey Brown, Larry to us, as the franchise's 22nd head coach.

With this being Brown's eighth -- and possibly final -- NBA head coaching job, Knicks fans are eager for his tenure to start. Brown's teams have averaged 10 more wins in his first season with them.

Others, however will make a point to say: "Hey, he's been with seven teams in the NBA, one in the ABA and two in college. He's not happy anywhere."

Regardless of what you think, pro or con, Brown has some impressive digits to his credit:

<LI>He has a 987-741 (.571) record as an NBA head coach, fourth in all-time wins
<LI>He's taken all seven NBA teams he's coached to the postseason
<LI>Has 100 NBA Playoffs wins, third most in history
<LI>He's won an NCAA title (Kansas in 1988)
<LI>He was a member of the 1964 U.S. men's basketball team that won a gold at the Tokyo games

We asked you what you thought about the Knicks hiring Brown. Below are the best answers we received. First, we get the take from Knicks fans who think the move was a good one for the team and their new head coach:

"I believe that this is a good move. Larry will make the best of it and turn the Knicks into the team that they used to be years ago. They have talent and with all of their talent I believe that Larry Brown is the right one. To the teams in the NBA look out because the Knicks are going to be a blessing to others this year."
- Quajii, Currie, N.C.

"Larry Brown holds an amazing track record, which is now capped by a championship at the NBA level. He is the perfect coach to instill a winning attitude in the Knicks. We needed a coach with Larry's competitiveness, attention to detail, and love for the fundamentals. Some say Larry will break the Knicks, but that is what makes him the best choice. They will follow his lead or they will be gone. Rather than laissez-Phil, the Knicks needed some fire. They got it."
- Jeff, Vienna, Va.

"Detroit's loss is New York's gain. Now the Knicks will be known as New York's finest, just like their policemen. Larry will improve every individual player he comes in contact with (and ultimately the team). Isiah Thomas will gain invaluable knowledge from the association with LB to guide him through the rest of his player selections and decisions in future years. This is the most important and positive personnel move that Thomas has made to date. LB will take them deep into the playoffs by the end of the second season."
- Roger, Houston, Texas

"I am a big Knicks fan since 15 years! Unfortunately the time was not always fun. The players earned too much money for their bad performances. It was nice to see that with Thomas a new sense of organizing and playing basketball was installed. I think that Larry Brown is one big part of the big Knicks puzzle that can lead to a fantastic future. Brown is no guarantee for a title but he stands for interesting basketball and good defense. With some additional changes in the roster the Knicks are going to be THE candidate for the East title and they are going to get more respect from their opponents."
- Tobias, Ulm, Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany

"Larry Brown has been proven time after time to turn teams around. This one will be no different; Knicks make the playoffs and at best out in second round, but its a much larger improvement from the sad team play we saw of the Knicks last season. I also think this is his last job. Theoretically speaking, if he were to stay out his entire contract, he'll be 70. The Knicks need him, just like the NBA needs the Knicks to be a good team. I wish him the best."
- Ryan, Decatur, Ill.

"I think Larry Brown is a great coach, probably one of the best in league history, but I just don't see him having that big of an impact on the Knicks. The Knick's problems lie in their roster and its lack of talent. That being said, I believe the Knicks will improve, but any improvements will be minor as I don't see them winning significantly more games. The value of a coach like Larry Brown is his ability to take a team to the next level (from 1st round to 2nd the next year or from conference finals to NBA champs). The next level for this current Knick team would be to make the playoffs, but I think the fans of New York are looking for more than that. I've been a Laker fan for as long as I can remember and missing the playoffs last year was inexcusable for our great city; I can only imagine how Knicks fans feel after such a long drought. The Knicks now have a coach whose dream has always been to coach this city---now if only Isiah Thomas can find a talented player who feels the same way."
- Tay, Los Angeles, Calif.

"I feel that we're headed back to the 'Riley' days of the New York Knicks. As a die-hard Knick fan, this is great news! I just hope Larry doesn't up and leave us too soon like Riley did. But don't get me wrong; I still appreciate what Riley did for us and have no problem with him like many other sore Knick fans. If Brown can do what Riley did for us, that'd be great. Here's to the bright future of MY New York Knicks!"
- Deuce, Bronx, N.Y.

Now, for those who aren't so sure Brown was the best choice for New York ...

"I respect Larry Brown and all that he's accomplished, but I still think this was the wrong move for New York. The Knicks are a team that needs to rebuild, and Brown has shown hesitancy to give rookies playing time: both on his own team, letting #2 overall pick Darko Milicic stagnate on the bench for two years, and on the Olympic squad, where Lebron was not given his share of minutes. I wish the best to both Brown and the Knicks, but I hope Channing Frye and Nate Robinson are allowed to develop."
- Ben, Ridgefield, Conn.

"Brown called coaching the Knicks his 'Dream job.' Well the saying 'Be careful what you wish for' will come back to haunt Brown when the Knicks struggle to make the playoffs and on the other side of the Hudson River the Nets will be one of the top teams in the East. The relationship between Larry Brown and Stephon Marbury will be more interesting to watch than the Knicks not playing defense and struggling to make the playoffs with the highest payroll in the NBA. The question is, when will the Knicks fans start chanting 'Fire Larry' this upcoming winter."
- Dean, New Canaan, Conn.

"It was time for Larry Brown to move on. He turned the Detroit Pistons into a championship team and figured let's go do it for another sqaud. The Pistons will remain a playoff contender for years to come, so Larry took on a challange to do this for another team. With the likes of Jamal Crawford, Quentin Richardson and Starbury, Brown realized his spot here would work well. This young team will be full of rising stars and he decided to do to them what he did to the Pistons.
- Sunny, Surrey, British Columbia, Canada

"Of course coach Brown is one of the best coaches in basketball. He has proven that over and over again but taking this job at the Knicks organization is something which will blow up in his face. The Knicks have some good youngsters on their roster but are still having old, not good enough, veterans with high salaries. No other team wants to trade for those players so coach Brown will be faced with a team which ain't good enough and it would be a very, very big suprise to me if Brown can lift these Knicks into the playoffs."
- Paul, Hillegom, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

"You can kiss another NBA Championship goodbye. I don't even see the Knicks winning their division. Good luck though."
- Alvin, Sydney, Australia

Some are still just wondering why Brown is no longer in Detroit:

"I am stunned that such a great coach for the Detroit Pistons, would even want to go to a different team. Why would you want to, besides the fact that it's his hometown."

NBA and Miami Heat Guru
Tokens
Trendsetter,

Thanks, but that is not the one that I was looking for. I am looking for someone to post the new story, "Where you going?". It is a story about all the remaining free agents and about the NBA players that may be on the trading block.

Listen we r all here to give and take! does it mat
Tokens
stilll look and reading cant find any info

Free Agent Rumor Mill

July 28, 2005
The Miami Heat are talking with Antoine Walker.
Eddie House is debating between Miami, Cleveland and possibly Utah. He claims to be most interested in playing for a team where he can obtain substantial minutes.
The Sonics are searching for a trade partner for both Vladimir Radmanovic and Ronald Murray.

<!-- no full story-->

Tokens
The Knicks, Isiah and Spike all SUCK!:party: Larry Brown is NOT going to take these guys anywhere! P.S. Larry Brown SUCKS also!:finger:

Tokens
I think this is it Spread.
<!-- begin pagetitle -->Updated: July 29, 2005, 12:16 PM ET

Slim pickings for teams wanting to change

<!-- end pagetitle --><!-- begin bylinebox -->
<!-- firstName = Chad --><!-- lastName = Ford -->
Ford_Chad_30.jpg

By Chad Ford
ESPN Insider

<!-- begin presby2 -->
<!-- end presby2 -->
<!-- end bylinebox -->
<!-- begin text11 div --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><!-- begin leftcol --><!-- template inline -->Well it's here. Finally. Sort of. At least we think it is.

First the player movement moratorium (when free agents are free to actually sign deals) was supposed to be July 14. Then it was pushed back to July 22. Then to July 28. Then indefinitely.

<!---------------------INLINE TABLE (BEGIN)---------------------><TABLE id=inlinetable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width=200 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TH style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000">Free Agents Off the Market</TH><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD width=184>Ray Allen, Sonics
(5 years, $80-85 million)
Michael Redd, Bucks
(6 years, $85-90 million)
Larry Hughes, Cavs
(5 years, $60-65 million)
Samuel Dalembert, Sixers
(6 years, $60-70 million)
Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Cavs
(5 years, $55-60 million)
Bobby Simmons, Bucks
(5 years, $47 million)
Cuttino Mobley, Clippers
(5 years, $42 million)
Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Nets
(6 years, $37-38 million)
Udonis Haslem, Heat
(5 years, $30-32 million)
Dan Gadzuric, Bucks
(6 years, $36 million)
Stromile Swift, Rockets
(5 years, $28-29 million)
Antonio Daniels, Wizards
Jerome James, Knicks
Kyle Korver, Sixers
(6 years, $25-27 million)
Kwame Brown, Lakers
(3 years, $22-24 million)
Donyell Marshall, Cavs
(4 years, $20-21 million)
Raja Bell, Suns
(5 years, $20-25 million)
Willie Green, Sixers
(6 years, $19-20 million)
Brian Scalabrine, Celtics
(5 years, $15 million)
Sarunas Jasikevicius, Pacers
(3 years, $12 million)
Keyon Dooling, Magic
(3 years, $10 million)
Fabricio Oberto, Spurs
(3 years, $7.5-9 million)
Jeff McInnis, Nets
(2 years, $7 million)
Juan Dixon, Blazers
(3 years, $8 million)
Mark Madsen, Timberwolves
(5 years, salary undisclosed)
Arvydas Macijauskas, Hornets
(3 years, salary undisclosed)
Robert Horry, Spurs
(3 years, salary undisclosed)
Clifford Robinson, Nets
(terms undisclosed)
Luke Walton, Lakers
(terms undisclosed
Chris Andersen, Hornets
(terms undisclosed)
Bostjan Nachbar, Hornets
(terms undisclosed)
Nikoloz Tskitishvili, Timberwolves (terms undisclosed)
LaRon Profit, Traded to Lakers
(3 years, $2.7-2.8 million -- only the first year is guaranteed)
Eddie Basden, Bulls
(partially guaranteed multi-year contract)
Lucas Tischer, Suns
(1 year plus team option, $1.1 million -- first year is partially guaranteed)
Matt Walsh, Heat
(2 years, $1.1 million -- first year is partially guaranteed)
Dwayne Jones, Timberwolves
(2 years, $1.1 million)
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!---------------------INLINE TABLE (END)--------------------->

Now the word around the league is that the moment of truth has finally arrived. Free agents will be free to sign on Tuesday. In theory at least.

That's great news for the 37 free agents who have already come to terms with teams. It's also fantastic for teams like the Nets, Rockets, Cavs and Lakers who have scored significant offseason additions this summer.

But it's bad news for several teams that still have significant cap room to spend this summer. With a projected $49.5 million cap, the Hawks ($23.5 million), Bobcats ($18 million), Hornets ($11 million), Clippers ($10 million), and Sonics ($10 million) still have money under the cap to burn.

Thirteen other teams -- the Bulls, Mavericks, Nuggets, Pistons, Warriors, Lakers, Grizzlies, Heat, Timberwolves, Sixers, Kings, Raptors and Jazz -- still have their full $5 million mid-level exceptions available. And a number of other teams still have partial mid-level exceptions available.

Another 13 teams -- the Bulls, Nuggets, Rockets, Pacers, Lakers, Grizzlies, Knicks, Magic, Sixers, Suns, Raptors, Jazz and Wizards -- can still use their $1.7 million exception.

In other words, there's a lot of free-agent money left to be had, but not a lot of free agents worth spending it on.

The Hawks are expected to use a big chunk of their cap room on Joe Johnson. However, if the Suns match the offer, they could be shut out for the second straight year. Other bad teams like the Hornets, Bobcats, Jazz and Blazers also have little to show this summer.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tokens
Still hoping that your team will make a major addition before the season starts?

Here's a look at who's out there on the free-agent and trade markets.

VIA FREE AGENCY

Tyson Chandler, PF/C, Bulls
Chandler should have an offer by now. He's got the same upside as Samuel Dalembert, while being younger and 3 inches taller. The Hawks or Hornets should take the gamble. What do they have to lose? As it stands, the Bulls are willing to give him Dalembert-type money to stay. He wants more. He probably won't get it unless he gets an offer sheet somewhere else. Of course, if he does, the word inside the Bulls' offices is that they'll match anyway.

Eddy Curry, C, Bulls
Having one bad heart is tough enough. But two? Curry's medical tests (and his uninsurable contract) aren't the only things scaring teams off. Teams worry whether he'll get in great shape or work hard once he has a fat, long-term contract in his hands. Hawks GM Billy Knight might gamble if he can't find anyone else to take his money, but right now it looks like he's the only one. Look for the Bulls to either re-sign Curry at a bargain price or for him to take the one-year tender and become an unrestricted free agent next year.

Antoine Walker, F, Celtics
It looks like the Celtics aren't going to make a strong bid to re-sign Walker -- despite the euphoria he created in his return to Boston. He's had a number of teams interested in signing him with their mid-level exceptions, but Walker wants more. The Heat, Kings and Sixers all have interest, but so far none of them has put together a sign-and-trade package that Danny Ainge is willing to swallow. Walker was in Miami Thursday, so things may be heating up there.

Marko Jaric, PG, Clippers
GMs love big point guards, and Jaric, who stands 6-foot-7, is as big as they come. When Jaric was healthy last season, he was pretty good. He started the season averaging 12.3 points, 6.3 assists and 2.2 steals per game, while shooting 44 percent on 3s. He ended the season with similar numbers. In between, injuries slowed him down to a crawl. If he can stay healthy, he could be a real steal in the free-agent market. But he's going to have to work out a sign-and-trade to get out of L.A. The Nuggets, Cavs and Timberwolves have shown the most interest. Can anyone make a deal with the Clippers?

Vladimir Radmanovic, F, Sonics
Radmanovic is a 6-10 athletic forward who can run the floor and stroke it from 3. He was the leading contender to win the Sixth Man Award before breaking his leg and missing the last six weeks of the season. He was a critical component in the Sonics' unexpected run this year, and has a lot of fans around the league. So why can't he get any love? Radmanovic wants starter's money (a starting salary at $8 million-$9 million per year) and a starting role in Seattle. That's too much for them (or anyone else right now) to swallow. An up-tempo team that gets up and down the floor could be a great fit for him.

<A href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3549">Earl Watson, PG, Grizzlies
Watson isn't a big name, but his numbers were pretty close to Jason Williams' in every category but the scoring department last season. He pushes the ball up the floor, plays great defense and plays a little bigger than he looks. He's ideally suited as a top-notch backup, but on a team like the Knicks, who will now be looking for a point guard who "plays the right" way, he could be a fit. Then again, if the Grizzlies find a way to trade Williams, look for Watson to end up right back in Memphis.

Gary Payton, PG, Celtics
Payton is no longer a superstar, but people forget that Payton averaged 6.1 assists per game for the Celtics last season and shot 46 percent from the field. Given the dearth of point guards out there and the money they're making, that's not too shabby. The Lakers are a possible destination, though his first go-around with Phil Jackson was a little shaky. A better destination? Seattle. The team needs someone to back up Luke Ridnour. But more important, they need the sense of identity they've lacked since Payton was running the show.

Latrell Sprewell, SG, Timberwolves
Maybe Latrell's going to have a problem feeding his family after all. After turning down a three-year, $21 million dollar extension offer with the Wolves last fall, Spree is finding out the market isn't as hot as he thought it would be for a soon-to-be 35-year-old shooting guard with pigtails. Still, who can deny that Spree still has some juice left in the tank. He finished strong, scoring 14.3 points per game and shooting 44 percent from 3 in April. He's no longer a go-to guy, but he still can be a lethal option off the bench.

Damon Stoudamire, PG, Blazers
Stoudamire has been flirting with both the Rockets and the Cavs, but hasn't been able to get a deal done. The latest looks like he's leaning toward signing a deal with the Grizzlies

VIA TRADE

<!---------------------INLINE TABLE (BEGIN)---------------------><TABLE id=inlinetable cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width=200 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TH style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000">Players Traded this Summer</TH><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ececec" vAlign=top><TD width=184>Chucky Atkins, Wizards
Curtis Borchardt, Grizzlies
Caron Butler, Wizards
Bobby Jackson, Grizzlies
Raul Lopez, Grizzlies
Greg Ostertag, Jazz
Quentin Richardson, Knicks
Kirk Snyder, Grizzlies
Kurt Thomas, Suns
Jake Voskuhl, Bobcats
Bonzi Wells, Kings </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!---------------------INLINE TABLE (END)--------------------->

Williams, PG, Grizzlies
The word from a source inside the Grizzlies is that Williams has a number of suitors -- including the Celtics, Heat and Knicks. With Larry Brown taking over in New York, you can scratch the Knicks from the list. The Celtics need a point guard who can push the ball. Williams will deliver that along with a lot of attitude and some volatile chemistry. A deal of Mark Blount and Marcus Banks for Williams works under the cap. The Heat offer wouldn't be as lucrative for the Grizzlies. To make a deal work, Memphis would have to send Williams and Lorenzen Wright (also on the block) for Eddie Jones. Yikes.

Jamal Crawford, G, Knicks
We know that with Brown running the show in New York things are going to have to change. Stephon Marbury is the obvious choice, but he won't be the first to go. Brown will try to move him to the two and prove to the world that he can make Marbury a winner. Crawford, he has very little use for. He's a skinny, no defense, jump-shooting guard with a selfish streak. Don't be surprised if he ends up in Cleveland or Portland.

Jamaal Magloire, C, Hornets
The one legit center on the market should be getting more suitors. The Hornets are resigned to move him and thought they had a deal done with the Raptors before the draft. The trick is getting another center (preferably one who wants to play in New Orleans) or an All-Star caliber player in return. The Hawks, Lakers, Nuggets, Pacers, Grizzlies and Raptors have shown the most interest.

Nene, PF, Nuggets
The Nuggets won't give Nene away. However, if they could land a top-flight two guard and a reliable backup center that could play heavy minutes whenever Marcus Camby goes down, they might be open to it. A trade for Desmond Mason, coupled with the signing of a free-agent center like Zaza Pachulia might do the trick.

Al Harrington, F, Hawks
With Marvin Williams and Josh Smith both playing the same position it makes sense for the Hawks to shop Harrington. With that said, the rumor the Pistons offered Darko Milicic for Harrington was greatly exaggerated according to sources on both teams.

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3329"]Wally Szczerbiak[/url] and [url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=1295"]Sam Cassell[/url], Timberwolves
The Wolves have to do something and it centers around finding new homes for Cassell and possibly Szczerbiak. They've tried to use both as trade bait with the Clippers for Jaric, but the Clippers aren't biting. There was also talk earlier in the summer of a Cassell for Jason Williams swap, but that too has fallen apart.

Drew Gooden, F, Cavs
Now that the Cavs have Donyell Marshall (along with second-year power forward Anderson Varejao), the need to keep Gooden has lessened. For a guy that put up pretty impressive numbers, especially on the boards, his stock is pretty low. Scouts say that a lack of basketball IQ and off-the-court issues are scaring teams away. Still, for a young team in need of a rebounder, Gooden could be a big bargain.

Michael Finley, G, Mavs
The Mavs have a problem. Now that word is out that Finley's on the Mavs' amnesty list, teams are no longer willing to trade an asset to get him. They'd much prefer not to swallow the $51 million left on his contract and get him for the veterans minimum. The Mavs can talk all they want about trading him, but unless they take back an awful contract in return, it doesn't look like it will happen.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

<!--end leftcol -->

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
byen17188
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com