Forum: Classic Threads From The Past - Visit here for a great "blast from the past" and view some terrific, informative and interesting "Classic Threads" posted by thousands of savvy sportsbettors over the years here at The Rx.com.....

Thread: Isnt blackjack exactly 50/50?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RX SemiGod
    Edit: under my scenario dealer advantage is actually 0.25% not 0.16%. So you'd lose $60 in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckinvegas
    The dealer has the advantage no matter what rules you play because YOU bust first not them!
    The exeption would be a single deck, dealer stands on soft 17, double any two, double after split, resplit to 4 hands, and no surrender gives the player a 0.1412% advantage.

None are enslaved more than those who falsely believe they are free !
    Quote Originally Posted by Phigment
    The exeption would be a single deck, dealer stands on soft 17, double any two, double after split, resplit to 4 hands, and no surrender gives the player a 0.1412% advantage.
    Where do I find that game ? Double after split seems to be offered nowhere !

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by DougJ
    Where do I find that game ? Double after split seems to be offered nowhere !
    Huh? Double after split is offered just about EVERYWHERE. I wouldn't play a hand without it. Played it lots of places in Vegas -- MGM, Alladin, Bellagio, on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by D2bets
    Huh? Double after split is offered just about EVERYWHERE. I wouldn't play a hand without it. Played it lots of places in Vegas -- MGM, Alladin, Bellagio, on and on and on.
    I played mostly downtown in August and I wasn't allowed to do it, played mainly 1-2 decks. Maybe it's offered more in shoe games, or with those unplayable auto-shufflers ?

RX SemiGod
    Quote Originally Posted by DougJ
    I played mostly downtown in August and I wasn't allowed to do it, played mainly 1-2 decks. Maybe it's offered more in shoe games, or with those unplayable auto-shufflers ?
    Oh ok, I'm talking 6-deck games. Unless you are a hardcore card counter (and sometimes even if you are), the 1-2 deck games are bad news for the player. I play mostly at dealer shuffle tables but really I don't care if they us an auto-shuffler. What makes it unplayable?

Quote Originally Posted by D2bets
    Oh ok, I'm talking 6-deck games. Unless you are a hardcore card counter (and sometimes even if you are), the 1-2 deck games are bad news for the player. I play mostly at dealer shuffle tables but really I don't care if they us an auto-shuffler. What makes it unplayable?
    I mean the games where you can't identify the start and end of a shoe. Agree single-deck with 6-5 is bad. I like 2-decks with good penetration/ rules.

The shufflers that speed up the game only are OK with me.

.////

RX Junior
    if you play just like the house then you are boring. have some fun and take chances

10. #60 Of course it matters 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BaseballGuy View Post
    Dude it doesnt matter what the dealers hole card is.. The dealer hits regardless of what the players cards show.

You would do the same.. Just hit up until 17 regardless
    This is simple!! House has advantage cause we go first.
    Because we have to assume the hole card is a 10 and he has 8 showing. I have 15 and I take a hit guess what its an 8 break!!
    Dealer turns his hole card over guess what a friggin 6 had I known that I wouldve stayed and hed break with 22.. 6+8+8.
    Perfect example of why house has the advantage.
    But still a easy game to make money for me.
    Hope this helps.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    of course hitting 14, 15 16, vs a 7,8,9,10,A is correct.

jeff,
    most dealers dont really know how to play, they know how to deal. your neighbor is incorrect
    You are an idiot the guy was exactly on point.
    You have 15 and hit cause dealers upcard is a 10 meanwhile his hole card is a 6 and you bust with an 8 for 23 well guess what dealer doesnt have to do anything now you lost!!
    He wouldve had the 8 for himself had we known the hole card but we didnt so we break for him get it??????

RX Member
    no