Forum: Classic Threads From The Past - Visit here for a great "blast from the past" and view some terrific, informative and interesting "Classic Threads" posted by thousands of savvy sportsbettors over the years here at The Rx.com.....

Thread: Give up just ONE secret on how you make money gambling

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
  1. #1 Give up just ONE secret on how you make money gambling 
    RX Local Fishhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    75,212
    Spill your guts, even though the information you spill may cost you money in the longterm.

    SHARE THE WEALTH.

    If we get enough QUALITY responses, yours trully may throw you RX scavangers a small bone to aid you in pulling in a few more bucks.



    ps--Dont be shy and let nothing but fear hold you back.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    RX Senior RobFunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    47,442
    Ride the hot capper and dont pay for the picks
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    RX Local Fishhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    75,212
    Shoot, allready today ive given you all a 110% bonus at Doyles, plus DOYLES SUPER SYSTEM book free, plus a free $27 tourney..........all at DOYLESROOM.

    SHARE THE WEALTH.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4 Look for Football crossover favorites and totals moving through 40, play 1st halves. 
    RX Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    754
    +1 and -1 not that different. Plus 1/2 1st half "the nuts" in a 1st half bet on a team now chalk.

    NFL total goes up from 39.5 to 40.5, not that big, 40 not that important.
    Over 19.5 or even over 20 -105 one hell of a good bet here.

    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Back from the Ban Budworth22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gulf
    Posts
    3,606
    Use Illini's -1 Theory to make my own -1 baseball lines. I feel there is a reason Pinny charges 14-18 cent juice for the -1/+1, and I often can beat their Juice down to a 8-10 cent line.

    #2: Take advantage of reduced juice days at books.
    #3: Don't passup small value bets.
    #4: Exercise patience
    #5: Bet appropriately.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    RX Wizard Insiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    7,267
    #1 Play with Sleepy Locals that DONT have the Don Best Screen, no matter how small they might be. This has worked for many years for me.
    Always have people looking for New outs, that are NOT sharp.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    RX Local Dante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    71,364
    Do not post that your team is doing good in the 3rd Qrt of a football game on the RX unless you want a reverse jinx
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    RX Local Fishhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    75,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezzik
    +1 and -1 not that different. Plus 1/2 1st half "the nuts" in a 1st half bet on a team now chalk.

    NFL total goes up from 39.5 to 40.5, not that big, 40 not that important.
    Over 19.5 or even over 20 -105 one hell of a good bet here.


    Now this is the kind of stuff I come to expect from this forum.

    Thanks Fezzik.

    Hows Vegas these days buddy?

    Hope your keeping all the fellow casino rats in line.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Rx Wizard Iceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    LasVegas...okay?
    Posts
    11,732
    In hoops (haven't tested this in any other sport) beat the consensus CLOSING line by a point or more for a side and 1.5 pts or more for a total(good to have a slow moving local like Insiders said). Safe to wait less than an hour before tipoff.

    No handicapping, it's that simple. I won over 65 units and 56% of my bets (over 700 plays) following this advice. You will be STUNNED how many half point games you will win/push.

    Also use the Pinnacle Dynamic lines to forecast line moves acorss the offshore industry. They are industry leaders and seem to be one step ahead of most books.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    RX Local Fishhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    75,212
    Quote Originally Posted by ice man
    In hoops (haven't tested this in any other sport) beat the consensus CLOSING line by a point or more for a side and 1.5 pts or more for a total(good to have a slow moving local like Insiders said). Safe to wait less than an hour before tipoff.

    No handicapping, it's that simple. I won over 65 units and 56% of my bets (over 700 plays) following this advice. You will be STUNNED how many half point games you will win/push.

    Also use the Pinnacle Dynamic lines to forecast line moves acorss the offshore industry. They are industry leaders and seem to be one step ahead of most books.
    You are so correct!

    -FH-
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11 Very nice Fezz 
    RX Senior
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,822
    I rarely see a +1/2 half or quarter bet I don't like.

    +1 in a game is meaningless as Fezz says, but the +1/2 is gold.

    +2 is a little more meaningful, but the +1/2 quarters are much better, except often you'll find them at -120...

    Some more wealth:

    -Stanford's Teasers work out well... Across the 3 and 7 if at good odds.
    -Correlated parlays (Baseball away under, home over) Hockey 1.5 under (Not as strong as it was - so use good lines and situations)... There are others but if I post them...
    -First half NBA middles. I can't tell you why, but finding a free point on halves are a hell of a lot easier than full games.
    -NBA second half dogs who are down at least 10 are money...
    -All NCAA tourny dogs.
    -All away baseball dogs at best odds.
    -Arena football. If both teams under previous week, bet over and vice versa..

    Good luck. Thats it for now..

    -Sean
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    RX Local Fishhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    75,212
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1
    I rarely see a +1/2 half or quarter bet I don't like.

    +1 in a game is meaningless as Fezz says, but the +1/2 is gold.

    +2 is a little more meaningful, but the +1/2 quarters are much better, except often you'll find them at -120...

    Some more wealth:

    -Stanford's Teasers work out well... Across the 3 and 7 if at good odds.
    -Correlated parlays (Baseball away under, home over) Hockey 1.5 under (Not as strong as it was - so use good lines and situations)... There are others but if I post them...
    -First half NBA middles. I can't tell you why, but finding a free point on halves are a hell of a lot easier than full games.
    -NBA second half dogs who are down at least 10 are money...
    -All NCAA tourny dogs.
    -All away baseball dogs at best odds.
    -Arena football. If both teams under previous week, bet over and vice versa..

    Good luck. Thats it for now..

    -Sean

    Highlighted my three favorites.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    Self appointed RX World Champion Handicapper
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    15,053
    i thought baseball correlated parlays were :

    away / over

    home / under
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #14  
    Rx. Senior winbet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    EMERALD ISLE
    Posts
    7,744
    Firstly I have to compliment Fess on posting something others can benefit from, I am the first to have a go at him normally, so Kudos to him.

    As we have seen,there's loads of ways people have to beat the books, whether you have the mental disapline is another question. So I will make it very easy for you to achieve some chance of success.

    Never ever bet anything less than -110. As a Bookie, the bigger the chalk, the more I rubbed my hands. You may at times wonder that " when will a bet come" but then think where have all the losers gone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #15  
    Rx Wizard Iceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    LasVegas...okay?
    Posts
    11,732
    Quote Originally Posted by World Number One
    i thought baseball correlated parlays were :

    away / over

    home / under
    that's what i thought they were also.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #16  
    Rx Wizard ppeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    5,438
    FADE FISHEAD'S CONTEST PICKS
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #17  
    RX Wizard Insiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    7,267
    Quote Originally Posted by World Number One
    i thought baseball correlated parlays were :

    away / over

    home / under

    How bout Dog Under
    Fav Over
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #18  
    RX Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Uzbekistan
    Posts
    520
    One word....... HEDGE
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #19  
    RX Local Fishhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Posts
    75,212
    Quote Originally Posted by BCTTWR
    One word....... HEDGE




    Care to expand this statement?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #20  
    RX SemiGod kidslick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    11,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Budworth22
    Use Illini's -1 Theory to make my own -1 baseball lines. I feel there is a reason Pinny charges 14-18 cent juice for the -1/+1, and I often can beat their Juice down to a 8-10 cent line.

    #2: Take advantage of reduced juice days at books.
    #3: Don't passup small value bets.
    #4: Exercise patience
    #5: Bet appropriately.

    agree with number 4

    and always try to get the best line possible


    example, in baseball i like to play the overnight lines. i have a pretty good feel for this so far out of every 10 games i play . eight of them moved in my favor. i bet brewers last night at -122 and -125 , they closed at- 147
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #21  
    RX Senior ClubmanCoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Canada - Land of the Free
    Posts
    4,562
    [quote=Fishhead]Spill your guts, even though the information you spill may cost you money in the longterm.

    SHARE THE WEALTH.

    "If we get enough QUALITY responses, yours trully may throw you RX scavangers a small bone to aid you in pulling in a few more bucks."


    IF ???

    Oh PLZzzzzz, old wise man throw us rookies that bone
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #22  
    RX Local Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    None are enslaved more than those who falsely believe they are free !
    Posts
    36,625
    baseball correlation to me is

    away dog and over... B9 will be played, taking a 5-3 type game over 8.5 if home gets a run in B9

    home and under... home team is winning already, so no B9... 5-3 stays 5-3
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #23  
    Nirvana Shill RED EYE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    View is freaking unreal up here !!
    Posts
    17,040
    If I told you, I would have to kill you !!! and it wouldn't be a secret anymore

    It will cost you to know, but it will be worth it

    I can see the line at the bash forming already


    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #24  
    . TTinCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sunny place for shady people
    Posts
    28,778
    Pick the right side
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #25  
    RELAX,im just having fun Roxygurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    San Diego,Ca
    Posts
    5,042
    i follow the ol pinnacle lean.plus i have 2 thick binders full of stuff ive picked up and from notes ive taken when in vegas. ken white,bob scucci and so many others have given me a great gift.and the rx has totaly rocked for incredible infoand awesome plays!its a goldmine here.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •