Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: World Cup Question: "Regulation Time"

1. #1 World Cup Question: "Regulation Time" 
    RX Senior
    If a books rules on soccer state:

Wagers are for regulation time only—90 minutes.

I know they add on injury time, for both the first and second halfs

so lets say after the 45th min. in the first half.......they play 1:30 mins of injury time.....even if someone scores a goal within those 1:30 seconds....it does NOT count towards the OVER/UNDER correct?

Injury time for BOTH the FIRST and SECOND half do NOT count if that is what the rule states above?

Thanks

GOOD question...........think I know the answer, but will allow the soccer experts to reply to be certain.

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead
    GOOD question...........think I know the answer, but will allow the soccer experts to reply to be certain.
    I thought the clock stops at the 45 min mark, and then ADDITIONAL INURY TIME is added...so it should NOT count if they score within that INURY time

Can't wait to hear!

Please write your complaint legibly in the box -->[] Hell on Wheels's Avatar
    Injury Time that is added is time that the match was not being played due to an injury, and the clock continues to run. The time added, (Injury Time) is the time added to make the match a total of 90 minutes playing time. So as I understand it, it counts

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Wheels
    Injury Time that is added is time that the match was not being played due to an injury, and the clock continues to run. The time added, (Injury Time) is the time added to make the match a total of 90 minutes playing time. So as I understand it, it counts
    Then it must mean during games when there are kick off due to a tie, that does not count....

I agree with you

RX Member
    "Injury" time counts towards wagers.

The thing to watch out for will be when the straight knockout matches start in a few days. If a match is tied at the final whistle (90mins+injury time) the game will go into "extra-time" i.e. overtime as there has to be a winner at this stage.

In these circumstances 3-way betting, overs/unders, asian handicaps etc are settled on the 90mins (+injury time) markets.

There will usually be separate markets that take into account overtime and pk's (if required) usually a "to qualify" market where betting is on the team to advance.

RX Senior
    Good info...thanks guys!