Sit and Go tips!!!

Search

Tokens
If you could give a couple tips to a beginner for sit and go w/o going through the hassel of reading books, what would it be? Please provide some of the most important tips that you know of that could help a beginner.

For G-Baby
Tokens
Talk as much retarded shit in the chat as humanly possible. It helps. Until you get banned from chat, that is...I speak from experience.

Tokens
I am not sure what you guys are talking about. Does this have something to do with the bathroom?

Tokens
If you think you're outclassed, play tight and only play big hands, and play them very aggressively.

Rx God
Tokens
Article by Sherwood:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=540 background=/images/img_bg_05.gif border=0><TBODY><TR height=240><TD vAlign=top align=left width=18 height=240>
</TD><TD class=general_text vAlign=top align=left width=500 height=240><TABLE height=240 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 bgColor=#f5f5f5 border=0><TBODY><TR height=240><TD class=general_text vAlign=top align=left width=500 height=240><!--CONTENT AREA--><!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------><FORM name=frmLeague method=get><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=general_text vAlign=center align=left><!--LEAGUE ABBREVIATION-->Poker<!--end LEAGUE ABBREVIATION--></B> picks for <!--DATE-->SEP 10 2006<!--end DATE-->:
</TD><TD class=general_text vAlign=center align=left width=18>
spacer.gif

</TD><TD class=general_text vAlign=center align=right><!--NAV PULLDOWN--><SELECT style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #333333; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f5f5f5" onchange=jumpToLeague(this) name=League_ID> <OPTION value="<NULL>">Select League:</OPTION> <OPTION value="<NULL>">------------------</OPTION> <OPTION value=21>Boxing</OPTION> <OPTION value=2>CFL</OPTION> <OPTION value=12>NCAA Football</OPTION> <OPTION value=13>NCAA Hoops</OPTION> <OPTION value=11>Futures</OPTION> <OPTION value=22>R.T.H (NFL)</OPTION> <OPTION value=5>MLB</OPTION> <OPTION value=4>NBA</OPTION> <OPTION value=1>NFL</OPTION> <OPTION value=3>NHL</OPTION> <OPTION value=14 selected>Poker</OPTION></SELECT> <!--end NAV PULLDOWN--></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=general_text vAlign=top align=left width="100%" colSpan=3>
Join the global craze of online poker, please sign up via our site with the leaders in the industry, PARTYPOKER.COM. or FULL CONTACT POKER By doing so through our site, it allows us to provide quality selections daily absolutely FREE! Remember, there is NO obligation. You can play for fun or for real money. Try it today! <CENTER></CENTER>

The Truth About On-Line Poker Tournaments
Internet poker has become so popular, especially tournament play, due to the large payouts for a small issue and the opportunity to get a seat in much larger tournaments.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
This article will give you a more in-depth look at on-line tournaments and some strong insight on how to finish in the money consistently.
<o:p></o:p>
Before poker, specifically Texas Hold ‘em became popular I had been playing the game for 25 years and played in hundreds of live (not on-line) tournaments over the years and learned from some of the best including my friend Daniel Negreanu, with whom I played in dozens of tournaments against.
I’ve also played in thousands of on-line poker tournaments and here are some observations that you can take to the bank.
First, let me say that in 30 years of playing Texas Hold’em in ring games and live tournaments I’ve made zero royal flushes, one straight flush and I’ve made four of a kind twice that I can remember. In five years of playing on-line I’ve made numerous straight flushes, four-of-a-kind dozens of times and five royal flushes. The point is, the cards dealt in on-line poker sites are not random at all and the programs have been designed to attract action. I’m not saying it’s fixed to give someone an advantage over another player, all I’m saying is that the cards are not random and the aforementioned hands are living proof.
The next point to note is that in live poker tournaments a field of 75-100 players can take up to 15 hours to complete and in on-line tournaments a field of 700-1000 players takes about six or seven hours. Sure, the hands are dealt quicker on-line, however, the discrepancy is not that large and again, we have living proof that the cards are not random. After all, someone had to design the program and the program was designed to knock players out quickly to ensure more money for the house. The more tournaments and the more Bonus Players the more money for the house. Trust me on this one; these on-line poker tournaments were absolutely designed to knock players out quickly.
So, the next question is how to use this to your advantage. Using the theory that the program was designed to knock players out quickly, it would only make sense that the players with big stacks have a huge advantage over players with smaller stacks. If players with smaller stacks won hands consistently, it would increase their stack and decrease the bigger stack, thus resulting in players lasting longer and the tourney lasting longer too. The whole key to this is to try and build your stack early, which means playing a lot of hands in the first few rounds. Regardless of what hand you hold, if you’re up against a player with a bigger stack you are almost always going to lose that hand. For instance, if you go all in with K-Q suited and a player with a bigger stack calls you with a much lesser hand you are going to lose that hand about 80% of the time. I don’t care if you have pocket aces and the player with a larger stack has 10-2 off suit, you are going to lose that hand way more times than you should if the cards were random, but they’re not. So, in order to give you a big edge you need to build your stack quickly and than go after players with smaller stacks than your own. You can limp in with just about anything in the first couple of rounds as long as it’s not raised and if it is raised after you call the big blind you can always fold. The key is to see as many flops as possible in the first couple of rounds for as cheap as possible and hopefully get lucky with at least one or two big pots. That will put you in a very advantageous position and than you need to go after smaller stacks than yours.
Another key is to avoid at all costs players with larger stacks than yours because those players can knock you out and that’s what the program is designed to do. Of course, as the blinds get bigger you’ll have to be much more selective in the hands that you play but always remember to attack smaller stacks and avoid larger ones. Observe when you’re not in the hand and you’ll almost always see the bigger stack beating the smaller stack regardless of what each player holds. In no limit poker tournaments it’s rare to see more than two players in an all-in showdown and if you watch you’ll see that the bigger stack will beat the smaller stack almost every time.
Here is the breakdown of what you need to do to succeed in these no limit on-line poker tourneys.
1). Try and build your stack early by seeing a lot of flops in the first two or three rounds. If you wait for big hands only by the time you get one, you’ll be up against too many big stacks and your chances decrease dramatically.
2). If a player with a big stack raises your marginal hand you should always fold, especially after the flop and when you’re on a draw. However, if you have more chips than the player that bets out on you and you’re on a draw, you can usually call because you’re going to make your draw a high percentage of the time simply because you have more chips.
2). Always go after small stacks and avoid bigger ones than your own.
3). Play aggressively against smaller stacks and I can’t stress enough how vital it is to be very cautious against bigger stacks.
Folks, this has very little to do with the hands you get and how you play them. It has everything to do with the numbers of chips you have in relation to the players your up against.
You have to trust that the software was designed to knock out players quickly and that’s precisely what in does in order to make the house more money. Use these strategies that I’ve pointed out and observe what I’ve mentioned and you, too, can have great success in on-line poker tournaments. Incidentally, I’ve played at all the big and reputable poker sites and the software is the same everywhere and this theory applies to all of them.
Email us and let us know how you’re making out.
Good luck.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FORM></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

"Deserves got nothin to do with it"
Tokens
If you get the nuts go all in. Dont call away your chips.

Tokens
There are no set rules to playing cards especially in sit n' go/tournaments. It all depends on table dynamics and how you make adjustments against the other players. Some days I may fold AQo UTG+1, some days, I may raise with 52s in MP after a weak passive limper for example.

Tokens
SkinsRaj28 said:
Talk as much retarded shit in the chat as humanly possible. It helps. Until you get banned from chat, that is...I speak from experience.
NO WAY!! seriously?? :icon_conf

WVU

Tokens
agree with skins here. Use the chat to your advantage. Piss him off and get him on tilt. Also it is much more fun to smack talk.

Tokens
Chairman, you really ought to read at least a book or two to get a solid grasp on basic strategy. Once you have that down, find your game-it may be cash games, single table tourneys, or larger multi table tourneys.

Each of those games really requires their own style of play, and you will probably find one of the three that you prefer, and do best at.

I've played hundreds if not thousands of single table tourneys, and have recently figured out that I do MUCH better in larger, multi-table formats.

Know what you should be doing with what starting hangs, and don't be a loose cannon. Patience is the key to winning at poker-let the hands come to you and don't try to force things.

GL :toast:

For G-Baby
Tokens
Dante said:
NO WAY!! seriously?? :icon_conf

Yeah, seriously...I actually think I have the chat transcript somewhere. If I find it, I'll paste. It made me laugh. I'm stupid.

Tokens
Play tight dont call alot of hands, and definately get aggressive on good hands. Let the other fools knock themselves out! and get in the money. Also stay away from turbo and smaller tournies, stick to 10 seat tables

Tokens
Post in the right forum, you'll probably get better advice. I'm relearning STT and MTT myself. I had to switch over to cash games because I always seem to get interrupted.

Tokens
SkinsRaj28 said:
Yeah, seriously...I actually think I have the chat transcript somewhere. If I find it, I'll paste. It made me laugh. I'm stupid.
the transcript is one of the funniest things ive ever read. and if you have met skinsraj, u know this is exactly what you'd expect him to say.

Tokens
Doug said:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=540 background=/images/img_bg_05.gif border=0><TBODY><TR height=240><TD vAlign=top align=left width=18 height=240>

</TD><TD class=general_text vAlign=top align=left width=500 height=240><TABLE height=240 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 bgColor=#f5f5f5 border=0><TBODY><TR height=240><TD class=general_text vAlign=top align=left width=500 height=240><!--CONTENT AREA--><!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------><FORM name=frmLeague method=get><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=general_text vAlign=center align=left>
spacer.gif

</TD><TD class=general_text vAlign=center align=right><!--NAV PULLDOWN--><SELECT style="FONT-SIZE: 11px; COLOR: #333333; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f5f5f5" onchange=jumpToLeague(this) name=League_ID> <OPTION value="<NULL>">Select League:</OPTION> <OPTION value="<NULL>">------------------</OPTION> <OPTION value=21>Boxing</OPTION> <OPTION value=2>CFL</OPTION> <OPTION value=12>NCAA Football</OPTION> <OPTION value=13>NCAA Hoops</OPTION> <OPTION value=11>Futures</OPTION> <OPTION value=22>R.T.H (NFL)</OPTION> <OPTION value=5>MLB</OPTION> <OPTION value=4>NBA</OPTION> <OPTION value=1>NFL</OPTION> <OPTION value=3>NHL</OPTION> <OPTION value=14 selected>Poker</OPTION></SELECT> <!--end NAV PULLDOWN--></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>
spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=general_text vAlign=top align=left width="100%" colSpan=3> <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

First, let me say that in 30 years of playing Texas Hold’em in ring games and live tournaments I’ve made zero royal flushes, one straight flush and I’ve made four of a kind twice that I can remember. In five years of playing on-line I’ve made numerous straight flushes, four-of-a-kind dozens of times and five royal flushes. The point is, the cards dealt in on-line poker sites are not random at all and the programs have been designed to attract action. I’m not saying it’s fixed to give someone an advantage over another player, all I’m saying is that the cards are not random and the aforementioned hands are living proof.

The next point to note is that in live poker tournaments a field of 75-100 players can take up to 15 hours to complete and in on-line tournaments a field of 700-1000 players takes about six or seven hours. Sure, the hands are dealt quicker on-line, however, the discrepancy is not that large and again, we have living proof that the cards are not random. After all, someone had to design the program and the program was designed to knock players out quickly to ensure more money for the house. The more tournaments and the more Bonus Players the more money for the house. Trust me on this one; these on-line poker tournaments were absolutely designed to knock players out quickly.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FORM></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ok, I've been playing live with a group of about 20 people who meet every week for 1 year. I have had 1 straight flush, and 3 quads. Just because he hasn't doesn't mean the fix is in.

Next, one major reason online tournaments are faster is the time limit. Also it takes a lot less time when all you have to do is click a mouse instead of counting out chips, talking shit with your friends (or enemies), and of course the dealing is much faster.

Handicapper
Tokens
Chairman said:
If you could give a couple tips to a beginner for sit and go w/o going through the hassel of reading books, what would it be? Please provide some of the most important tips that you know of that could help a beginner.

Here is the best advice you can get for a beginner.

Play in the SNGs with the longest lasting blinds you can find. Preferably 12mins.

Make sure you play in 9 or 10 player tables. Make sure that the top 3 finishers get paid.

Once you do all that, all you have to do to make a profit is to fold every single hand you get unless you have AA, KK or QQ, or if you are in the big blind and you dont have to call a raise.. If you get one of those hands I mentioned,dont get qute, go all-in.

I promise you with 100% certainty. If you do this, what you are doing is letting everyone knock each other out. Let the other 9 players do the work for you. You will finish in the top 3 at least 50% of the time.

You will rarely finish in 1st, because once you get down to the final 3, you will probably be the short stack. But the object of the game is to leave the table with more money than you started with.

Even if you dont win a single big pot the whole tourney, you still have a chance to finish in the top 3.

Tokens
CHOPTALK said:
Here is the best advice you can get for a beginner.

Play in the SNGs with the longest lasting blinds you can find. Preferably 12mins.

Make sure you play in 9 or 10 player tables. Make sure that the top 3 finishers get paid.

Once you do all that, all you have to do to make a profit is to fold every single hand you get unless you have AA, KK or QQ, or if you are in the big blind and you dont have to call a raise.. If you get one of those hands I mentioned,dont get qute, go all-in.

I promise you with 100% certainty. If you do this, what you are doing is letting everyone knock each other out. Let the other 9 players do the work for you. You will finish in the top 3 at least 50% of the time.

You will rarely finish in 1st, because once you get down to the final 3, you will probably be the short stack. But the object of the game is to leave the table with more money than you started with.

Even if you dont win a single big pot the whole tourney, you still have a chance to finish in the top 3.

You haven't actually played many STT I assume? The only thing I agree with is the general theme of letting the other guys make the mistakes.

-What's the dif if he plays 5 or 10 person STT?
-Longer blinds doesn't = better tourny. Ask some of the great STT players at 2+2.
-50% of the time making top 3 with AA, KK, QQ? Fat chance in hell, you'd make top 3 25-28% of the time.
-Most STT have changed in the last year. You can't just play ABC poker and expect to win big.

Handicapper
Tokens
Doug said:
Article by Sherwood:

</TD><TD class=general_text vAlign=top align=left width=500 height=240><TABLE height=240 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 bgColor=#f5f5f5 border=0><TBODY><TR height=240><TD class=general_text vAlign=top align=left width=500 height=240><!--CONTENT AREA--><!----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------><FORM name=frmLeague method=get><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=general_text vAlign=center align=left><!--LEAGUE ABBREVIATION-->Poker<!--end LEAGUE ABBREVIATION--></B> picks for <!--DATE-->SEP 10 2006<!--end DATE-->:

spacer.gif

spacer.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=general_text vAlign=top align=left width="100%" colSpan=3>
Join the global craze of online poker, please sign up via our site with the leaders in the industry,PARTYPOKER.COM. or FULL CONTACT POKER By doing so through our site, it allows us to provide quality selections daily absolutely FREE! Remember, there is NO obligation. You can play for fun or for real money. Try it today! <CENTER></CENTER>

The Truth About On-Line Poker Tournaments
Internet poker has become so popular, especially tournament play, due to the large payouts for a small issue and the opportunity to get a seat in much larger tournaments.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
This article will give you a more in-depth look at on-line tournaments and some strong insight on how to finish in the money consistently.
Before poker, specifically Texas Hold ‘em became popular I had been playing the game for 25 years and played in hundreds of live (not on-line) tournaments over the years and learned from some of the best including my friend Daniel Negreanu, with whom I played in dozens of tournaments against.
I’ve also played in thousands of on-line poker tournaments and here are some observations that you can take to the bank.
So, the next question is how to use this to your advantage. Using the theory that the program was designed to knock players out quickly, it would only make sense that the players with big stacks have a huge advantage over players with smaller stacks. If players with smaller stacks won hands consistently, it would increase their stack and decrease the bigger stack, thus resulting in players lasting longer and the tourney lasting longer too. The whole key to this is to try and build your stack early, which means playing a lot of hands in the first few rounds. Regardless of what hand you hold, if you’re up against a player with a bigger stack you are almost always going to lose that hand. For instance, if you go all in with K-Q suited and a player with a bigger stack calls you with a much lesser hand you are going to lose that hand about 80% of the time. I don’t care if you have pocket aces and the player with a larger stack has 10-2 off suit, you are going to lose that hand way more times than you should if the cards were random, but they’re not. So, in order to give you a big edge you need to build your stack quickly and than go after players with smaller stacks than your own. You can limp in with just about anything in the first couple of rounds as long as it’s not raised and if it is raised after you call the big blind you can always fold. The key is to see as many flops as possible in the first couple of rounds for as cheap as possible and hopefully get lucky with at least one or two big pots. That will put you in a very advantageous position and than you need to go after smaller stacks than yours.
Another key is to avoid at all costs players with larger stacks than yours because those players can knock you out and that’s what the program is designed to do. Of course, as the blinds get bigger you’ll have to be much more selective in the hands that you play but always remember to attack smaller stacks and avoid larger ones. Observe when you’re not in the hand and you’ll almost always see the bigger stack beating the smaller stack regardless of what each player holds. In no limit poker tournaments it’s rare to see more than two players in an all-in showdown and if you watch you’ll see that the bigger stack will beat the smaller stack almost every time.
Here is the breakdown of what you need to do to succeed in these no limit on-line poker tourneys.
1). Try and build your stack early by seeing a lot of flops in the first two or three rounds. If you wait for big hands only by the time you get one, you’ll be up against too many big stacks and your chances decrease dramatically.
2). If a player with a big stack raises your marginal hand you should always fold, especially after the flop and when you’re on a draw. However, if you have more chips than the player that bets out on you and you’re on a draw, you can usually call because you’re going to make your draw a high percentage of the time simply because you have more chips.
2). Always go after small stacks and avoid bigger ones than your own.
3). Play aggressively against smaller stacks and I can’t stress enough how vital it is to be very cautious against bigger stacks.
Folks, this has very little to do with the hands you get and how you play them. It has everything to do with the numbers of chips you have in relation to the players your up against.
You have to trust that the software was designed to knock out players quickly and that’s precisely what in does in order to make the house more money. Use these strategies that I’ve pointed out and observe what I’ve mentioned and you, too, can have great success in on-line poker tournaments. Incidentally, I’ve played at all the big and reputable poker sites and the software is the same everywhere and this theory applies to all of them.
Email us and let us know how you’re making out.
Good luck.

That story is the biggest bs story I have ever read!!!!:lolBIG: LMFAO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billcunninghamhomeloans
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com