Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: A Fat Mans Walkin Thread

I think I'm in love with therx. Where else can you find a forum where you get your daily sportsbetting fix, the rubber room, and now this inspirational weight loss thread. I'm glad I finally found this great forum.

Mr. H keep up the good work. We're all rooting for you.

Value

RX Senior
    amhlihaus,did you change your diet very much? im constantly tweakin mine and tryin to learn as much as i can about nutrition.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuebets
    I think I'm in love with therx. Where else can you find a forum where you get your daily sportsbetting fix, the rubber room, and now this inspirational weight loss thread. I'm glad I finally found this great forum.

Mr. H keep up the good work. We're all rooting for you.

Value
    Well put; TheRx has a ton of useful info on just about any subject.

Mr. Hognuts,

Great job so far, keep up the good work. 10lbs in about 3 weeks is about right, just keep that steady pace and you're home free in no time. Dieters never win cuz they want things now and generally aren't willing to put in the required exercise time, you definitely are. Your weight loss will be permanent too, provided you keep the activity level somewhat similar to your current level.

Happy to see you progressing before everyone's eyes.

:suomi:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhognuts
    ONE HUNDRED AND THREE MINUTES THIS EVENIN,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHA,,THATS A NEW RECORD FOR THE FAT MAN,,i got a second wind today and i was spankin that trails ass,,,,hehehe,not really but i can dream cant i?? hell yes
    I meant to mention this, once you hit that second wind, it's over!

Sounds like you have arrived.

RX Senior
    66 minutes 2day,in the rain,thi was one of those days where you just want to get it done and go home, jman,i didnt think i was goin fast enough for a 2nd wind,my max is 3 miles per hour.

RX Junior
    good job there sir, i have been walking myself for about 3 weeks and taking dietary supplements and have lost 24 lbs as of today...definatly is one of the hardest things i have committited to, but being overweight sucks...GL in the future and keep us updated...

RX Senior
    sniper are you saying you lost 24 pounds in 3 weks?

RX Junior
    hog yes, but again i have had diet pills and appetite suppressants to help me...

i take hoodia 1500EX twice daily and Zenatrol 3 times a day...I am lucky if i eat anything over the course of the day, and i do it without being hungry becuase of the pills, i'm definatly not doing it the most healthy way, but i am looking for quick results...If i get hungry i have a slim fast shake and thats the extent of my meal intake...

RX Senior
    seventy seven minutes this evenin,,

RX Senior
    sixty seven minutes today,,i went to a 1/4 mile track at the college and did 2 miles(38 minutes) tryin to speed it up a bit and the 2 miles was all i wanted,,,theres a set of seventy nine steps(straight fkn up)next to the track and i did those twice and then found one of my regular hills to climb,,i was goin to try and walk five miles today but tryin to jog wore my ass out sooner than i anticipated,,

RX Senior
    eighty minutes this mornin,47 degrees and though i would try and get my walk in early,,i might star doin 2adays if everything goes as planned,,this is day 24 of my 30 day committment,,have already been thinkin about the next phase of my lil odyssey,

Nonsequential
    Wow I never visit this section of the rx but I am glad I did!

mr h., like others have said, great job! You have shown discipline and determination by sticking to your plan every day, don't stop!

Weight loss is such a liberating and fulfilling feeling.

RX Senior
    seventy minutes this evenin,,a new record of one hundred and fifty minutes,,gonna give it all i got and see if i can sstick with the 2adays,,i will know by how i feel in the mornin,,i must stress that im not just goin out here and walkin on level ground,,at least 30 or 40% of my walkin is uphill

RX Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker
    Wow I never visit this section of the rx but I am glad I did!

mr h., like others have said, great job! You have shown discipline and determination by sticking to your plan every day, don't stop!

Weight loss is such a liberating and fulfilling feeling.
    you said it,,liberating and fulfilling is how i feel every time i hit the trail,,i dont know how long it will take me but i will get there,(200 lbs

First of all, let me congratulate mrhognuts......keep up the good work, you will be at 200 in a short time...now for my story....On October 3, I started my own workout regimen..I tipped the scales at 370, the guys I met at the Bash could attest to that....so I joined the local gym here in Costa Rica and started to get busy...the first 3 weeks were torture but I got thru it...On Nov.3rd I tipped the scales at 338....On Dec.3rd I was down to 308....As of today, I weigh 297...let me explain how it was done....I take no vitamens or no shots, I work out at least 6 days a week...I'm on the treadmill for at least an hour a day and I walk at alternating speeds in the park across from the gym...I have a trainer that assists me three times a week, I am on my own the other four days....so I basically am doing around seven or eight miles a day....luckily I have a strong heart and strong legs....My diet consists of alot of chicken, salads, and fruits, with an occasional slice of pizza...I stay away from all fried foods, sodas, and bread....My goal is 255 by Feb.5th....I feel real good and I believe I can keep the weight off this time...I really forgot how good one feels after a workout...and before I forget, I drink tons of water and have abstained from alcohol for the time being...Soooo mrhognuts, I am with you and continued success to you....

RX Senior
    eighty seven minutes this mornin,,viejo you are losin 30 pounds every 30 days!!! you must be haulin the fkn mail,,how far apart do you spread your walks? if this works like i want it to,im gonna walk every 12 hours,,maybe thatll be long enough for my feet and legs to recuperate,,you are so right about the first few weeks,,i would make it back to this lazyboy and pass out before i got my shoes off,,,do you do many hills? veijo,glad to have you along for the ride,keep us up to date on your progress,

RX Senior
    sixty seven minutes this evenin,,i went to the forest tonight and for about the last 30 minutes of my walk,i watched the sun go down,what a fkn experience(i do this every evenin i possibly can,,now im goin to get all up in this lazyboy and hope i wont go to sleep before the first half is over,its amazing how little the games mean to me now that im walkin,,i can now admit that many a time i would have took a walk but i could not(WOULD NOT) convince mysef that i would be ok if i missed the 1st half,2nd half etc,,i havent lost all that much weight (yet) but i have gained a new sense of perspective i aint had in 20 yrs,,,IOW THIS SHIT IS WORKIN FOR MRHOGNUTS.

I go straight from the treadmill to the park...there are a few hills in the park but plenty in the streets where I somehow manage...I also set the treadmill at a 5.0 incline at times and do around 15 minutes at that level...talk at you later...and sometimes I walk first and then the treadmill, it depends how good the weather is....

good to hear Hog...and way to go Viejo@

man do you speed walk or just kind of mosey along?

RX Senior
    the man,im guessin that i might average 3 mph,however,it is hard to say because my favorite thing to do is look for hills to climb,try and guess at what speed i can walk said hill without stoppin and adjust accordingly,,iow i try and keep my pace as even as possible but it is very difficult to do,,im tryin to walk like im 200 and im 250,i was always a slim person til i stopped drinkin(12 yrs ago) and (smokin(10 yrs ago) i have never adjusted to being so fat.

RX Junior
    "everything Is About Results"
    Keep It Up Duddy!!!!!

RX Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by WC Bias
    I can't believe I'm cheering you on, but good luck and keep it up, after several month you will be amazed at how healthy you feel, which will only motivate you to lose more weight.

RX Senior
    sixty four minutes tonight,,didnt get to do 2 sessions 2dy,had bad earache and had to go to er,,but!!! i manned up and got my 1hr in,,4 more days left,,yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeha

Banned
    I always feel that writing goals down and then writing down progress is a very effective tool and this is proof, it does help!