Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: A Fat Mans Walkin Thread

Page 1 of 52 1234567891021 ... LastLast
  1. #1 A Fat Mans Walkin Thread 
    RX Senior
    i weigh 260,,5-11,,,and i have had enough of bein obese,,im goin to walk for 1 hour every day for 30 days and see how it goes,,ive been walkin for a couple weeks and have worked myself up to 1 hour and im sore as hell,,,i cant take bein a gdmd tub of lard any more!!! been plannin on doin this for a while,,got my new winter walkin clothes ready,,sock caps,hoods,masks,got me 2 pair new balance shoe,,,lets see what happens

Like Rocky would say "Go for it."
    To achieve your desired goals, remember that diet account for 50% of gain/loss.
    Walking is how I started out years ago. It also helps if you have an ipod or a favorite radio show.

GL Mr. H

Mrhog AWESOME my man...you CAN DO IT!!!! your artieries will thank you and your weight will drop

hog:

I applaud you for taking the first step so to speak. I have been walking 3 to 4 times a week for the last 17 years. However, losing weight takes more than just exercise. It also requires limiting calorie intake.

That's a tough thing to do. If you can find a way to limit your food intake you will lose weight even faster.

Gabriel Morency Rules!! John Molson's Avatar
    hog...check this guy out.he used to smoke weed and eat like shit and now the guy is a fitness freak.lots of motivation from his story

http://www.johnstonefitness.com/

RX Senior
    first off,i appreciate everyones kind words and advice,,,i did 1 hr 7 min today yeeeeha,,,fellows,here is the rest of the story,i have already lost 35 lbs in app 1 yr by changin my diet to primarily whole foods,,see what ye think about my diet,,,here is everything i eat ,other than an occasional stop for a turkey sub @ subway i never eat out,ive got a crockpot and use it every day,,beans,eggs,lettuce,spinach(untainted when i can find it hehehe) cheese,onions,chicken dogs(i use them to flavor my beans) broccoli,apples,oranges,grapes,,i get those large cans of campbells soup and put it in the crockpot,,,i drink decaf with heavy whippin cream and splenda and sometimes i pick up some fresca,forgot tuna and scottish oatmeal

RX Senior
    1 hr 12 minutes today,,this lazyboy sure feels good,,time for acouple boiled eggs,meatskns,decaf and a big yeller apple,,,just a gorgeous day here in berea ky,,72 degrees,,weight this mornin was 258.

RX Senior
    was very tired last night but i felt great after 24 hrs rest,,walked 1hr 20 minutes this evenin,,im feelin much better about myself than i did 1 week ago,,im on the path!

RX Senior
    john,thanks for posting that guys link,,im checkin out his food logs

Eating whole foods is where it is at. The whole foods have a lot more fiber and all that good stuff that fills you up. White flour and refined foods don't fill you up, so you keep eating more and you put on weight.

RX Senior
    did 3 miles today at the soccer field,taking advantage of this great weather,,levistep,i try to make all my foods whole or with a minimum of cookin,,started that a while back because of blood sugar issues,it cleared up in a couple weeks without any meds,,i was eatin a lot of crap

RX Senior
    walked 91 minutes this evenin,,too tired to talk,,hehehe

Nice work mr. hog, keep it up!

RX Senior
    only 70 minutes this evenin,was still a lil tired from last night,as long as i make my goal of 1hr a day for 30 days ill be ok,,,thanks for the words of encouragement fawbush,,i need all the fkn help i can get

RX Senior
    i actually started on thanksgivin day (22) after the first week,im feelin better about myself,as a matter of fact im goin to weigh myself tonite,,

go HOG go !!!!!!:suomi:

Keep it goin' Hognuts.

I enjoy reading positive threads like yours and reading the progress you're making. You're on the right path.

Quote Originally Posted by mrhognuts
    i weigh 260,,5-11,,,and i have had enough of bein obese,,im goin to walk for 1 hour every day for 30 days and see how it goes,,ive been walkin for a couple weeks and have worked myself up to 1 hour and im sore as hell,,,i cant take bein a gdmd tub of lard any more!!! been plannin on doin this for a while,,got my new winter walkin clothes ready,,sock caps,hoods,masks,got me 2 pair new balance shoe,,,lets see what happens
    good luck

RX Senior
    thanks guys,i walked for 64 minutes last night

Quote Originally Posted by LEYKIS101
    Keep it goin' Hognuts.

I enjoy reading positive threads like yours and reading the progress you're making. You're on the right path.

amen!!! we are here for ya my man keep going!

I can't believe I'm cheering you on, but good luck and keep it up, after several month you will be amazed at how healthy you feel, which will only motivate you to lose more weight.

RX Senior
    wcbias,,these ballgames are bs,,i have noticed that since ive been walkin,i dont take the time to argue about whose got the biggest penis and all that other crap,,thanks 4 the kind words,,,its turned cold here in ky but im breakin out my new longjohns and headin out to get at least 1hr,,yeeeeeeeeeha

RX Senior
    put on everything i have and did 86 minutes,,some of it hills,,came in and passed out in this lazyboy,,,30 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by mrhognuts
    put on everything i have and did 86 minutes,,some of it hills,,came in and passed out in this lazyboy,,,30 degrees
    Wow...That's a good go Hog, especially considering the weather. It's good you are making yourself go out in the cold...determination and consitency is key. But you might want to think about investing in a treadmill. Pneumonia can put a real damper on the work outs.

RX Senior
    wcbias,i love mother nature and all that goes with it,,a treadmill is so boring,drives me insane,id rather do 1hr outside in the cold than 30 minutes on a treadmill,,,i vary my route evey day and just go where my nose leads me,,also in my experience,a treadmill is too easy,all ye gotta do is lift your legs up,,thanks for the suggestion,,if it gets too bad i can go to walmart