If you take betting serious- You must have 10+ accounts- reason (tonite) NJ +7

Search

Rx Wizard
Tokens
It always cracks me up when I read on here when someone says you only need a few accounts. Sure if you are doing this for fun (which there is nothing wrong with) that is fine. But if you are even remotely taking this serious and you don't have an account at a so-called square shop than you are killing your bottom line. Case in point, tonite in the NBA.

Good luck finding New Jersey +7 anywhere at a "sharp" book all day but a half hour or so before the game goes off, I found a +7 at a shop that will throw some different numbers out there. It wasn't up long and I was VERY lucky to win as NJ was out played and trailed by more than 7 almost the whole game but it is these few times out of hundred that bumps your win pct from 50% to 54% and makes a loser a winner.

The point of this thread is not to pat myself on the back for the "lucky" win and I am sure everyone else on here can come up with better examples of how line shopping has paid off for them, but it is to express a point that I feel can't be expressed enough and that is to have as many accounts as you can afford to have. This game of gambling is hard enough and our edges as players are very small if at all, so you need to take advantage of everything you can and it should show up in your bottom line.

When betting a sport like the NBA every point is HUGE, coming down the stretch it is reassuring knowing that you did all you could to find the best number that was avaliable, to me when you do that, then the bad beats don't hurt as bad.

Most bettors I know say they hate betting hoops because of the close games involving the spread, not me I have done pretty well the past 2 hoops seasons (my best sport, betting wise) and if someone ask me how/why I would give almost ALL of the credit to getting the best or close to the best numbers that I seen out there. I know in the past year I have asked 1 million and 1 questions (or at least it seems that way) and I have come to the conclusion it can really be that simple (IMO).

*note: this is not a paid advertisement from the RX sponsors, though after I read this again it sure reads like one:ohno: . (If any books want to send me a referral bonus from any new clients that woud be great:missingte :banger: )

For those of you w/out a sense of humor the above note was a joke, know one actually paid me for this. I am just trying to pass along some sound advice to newbies that was given to me in the past, that I may not have paid enough extra attention too.

Tokens
Again, shopping is what its all about........much more important than handicapping.

Another reason to laugh at "most" touts.

Tokens
i'll admit that i don't take gambling seriously in this way. i have 1 account and i don't bother shopping the lines. furthermore, i love to bet tv games so i have a rooting interest. it's purely entertainment and enjoyment, and it is by no means my livelyhood.

i wonder how many adults (not college students)out there gamble as their only source of income? i would think that is extremely rare. can you have a regular, steady income gambling alone? i'll bet alot of homeless, bankrupt losers got their start as "professional" gamblers, but i might be wrong.

moral of the story is, to keep everything in perspective. gambling should be fun and entertaining. use your intelligence to have a good career, and gamble for enjoyment. don't believe those bs'ers who tell tall tales of making millions evey year on their laptops on a costa rican beach somewhere, sipping on champagne, not working. maybe somebody has done that, but it's gotta be very rare.wdyt?

Handicapper
Tokens
handicapping 15% shopping for value 85%

(but being sharp on that 15% is still critical for any chance to win long term its small but not zero)

Only time will tell....
Tokens
Ice how long have you done this as a pro? Thanks

Only time will tell....
Tokens
docslep said:
i'll admit that i don't take gambling seriously in this way. i have 1 account and i don't bother shopping the lines. furthermore, i love to bet tv games so i have a rooting interest. it's purely entertainment and enjoyment, and it is by no means my livelyhood.

i wonder how many adults (not college students)out there gamble as their only source of income? i would think that is extremely rare. can you have a regular, steady income gambling alone? i'll bet alot of homeless, bankrupt losers got their start as "professional" gamblers, but i might be wrong.

moral of the story is, to keep everything in perspective. gambling should be fun and entertaining. use your intelligence to have a good career, and gamble for enjoyment. don't believe those bs'ers who tell tall tales of making millions evey year on their laptops on a costa rican beach somewhere, sipping on champagne, not working. maybe somebody has done that, but it's gotta be very rare.wdyt?

I believe there are plenty of part timers that make money at this. It's not as hard as it may seem. Info is key & long hours.

Only time will tell....
Tokens
....bottom line is getting good numbers. Your numbers have to be strong...

Redpimp Ghost.
Tokens
Iceman said:
It always cracks me up when I read on here when someone says you only need a few accounts. Sure if you are doing this for fun (which there is nothing wrong with) that is fine. But if you are even remotely taking this serious and you don't have an account at a so-called square shop than you are killing your bottom line. Case in point, tonite in the NBA.

. (IMO).

*note: this is not a paid advertisement from the RX sponsors, though after I read this again it sure reads like one:ohno: . (If any books want to send me a referral bonus from any new clients that woud be great:missingte :banger: )

For those of you w/out a sense of humor the above note was a joke, know one actually paid me for this. I am just trying to pass along some sound advice to newbies that was given to me in the past, that I may not have paid enough extra attention too.

Sorry folks, i am not going to be nice even on this thanks giving holiday weekend. This post is as stupid as hell. Some may not want to say it, but i will. And i am one of those who take gambling seriously, its not just a hobby to me.

Are you friggin kidding me? 10 accounts? What brand of crack are you smoking? Actually saying something that dumb really means you are a small time player pretending to be some big time player. There is no serious gambler who would consider depositing various amounts in 10 books especially with the upheaval in the gambling industry right now:ohno:

Talk to any of the players who lost money at the books that went belly up and all of them will concur that this idea is one of the dumber ones on this forum since some one posted La Tec +17 vs NEvada last week. (got blown out 42-0)

Forget the fact that there are about 4 may be 5 a serious gambler should even consider playing at (and i mean books where the so called serious gambler can deposit his amounts and feel safe)

Its is also doubly absurd to say that one should have 10 accounts so that once every six months he can get a unique number only available at one book. This simply shows that calibre of capper that you are. A serious capper does not make his season on one game alone. And making a huge financial decision like this can not be made based on such flimsy reasoning.

for the most part, one should be able to get good lines at the few standard top books without resorting to these gimmicks.

folks, it is stupid as hell to open accounts at ten books for reasons that far outweigh that once in a blue moon event. May be some small time bettor who doesnt mind losing a few hundred bucks when those borderline books populating his list go belly up can consider this..

But there is no way in hell you are gonna convince a real serious gambler to do something that moronic.:nohead:

Tokens
foreignlegion said:
Sorry folks, i am not going to be nice even on this thanks giving holiday weekend. This post is as stupid as hell. Some may not want to say it, but i will. And i am one of those who take gambling seriously, its not just a hobby to me.

Are you friggin kidding me? 10 accounts? What brand of crack are you smoking? Actually saying something that dumb really means you are a small time player pretending to be some big time player. There is no serious gambler who would consider depositing various amounts in 10 books especially with the upheaval in the gambling industry right now:ohno:

Talk to any of the players who lost money at the books that went belly up and all of them will concur that this idea is one of the dumber ones on this forum since some one posted La Tec +17 vs NEvada last week. (got blown out 42-0)

Forget the fact that there are about 4 may be 5 a serious gambler should even consider playing at (and i mean books where the so called serious gambler can deposit his amounts and feel safe)

Its is also doubly absurd to say that one should have 10 accounts so that once every six months he can get a unique number only available at one book. This simply shows that calibre of capper that you are. A serious capper does not make his season on one game alone. And making a huge financial decision like this can not be made based on such flimsy reasoning.

for the most part, one should be able to get good lines at the few standard top books without resorting to these gimmicks.

folks, it is stupid as hell to open accounts at ten books for reasons that far outweigh that once in a blue moon event. May be some small time bettor who doesnt mind losing a few hundred bucks when those borderline books populating his list go belly up can consider this..

But there is no way in hell you are gonna convince a real serious gambler to do something that moronic.:nohead:

Have not had LESS than 10 ACTIVE offshore accounts since the turn of the century..............always knew I was a HUGE MORON in more ways than one.

:sad3:

Rx Wizard
Tokens
foreignlegion said:

Not a professional or have I ever said I was one but I take this very serious and it is a rewarding HOBBY for me. One that I spend hours on a day.

Once in a blue moon event? Try, I guarantee I get a top flight number everyday, all day. This happens dozens of times a day and it adds up. Good luck with your approach but I can promise you that my edge is GREATER by having many outs. It's common sense. Ask around and I can promise you that almost every winning player that bets DAILY has DOZENS and DOZENS of outs.

Also to address (which I have NO idea why i am) your saying I am worrying about 1 game. I bet on average 15 -25 plays a day in all sports but let me guess I should be more selective.I barely if at all watch any of my plays. I have my approach and you have yours, I was just using an example and one that I could site everyday at my outs.
If someone who is taking this serious only has money in a few outs than most likely he is underfunded or worse yet he is in 10X worse posistion I am in if a book goes under (which like you said is never a guarantee that one won't). So I am not not sure what point you are making?

Never once was I trying to sound big time. Just trying to share some of the wisdom that I am not sure I paid enough attention when I first started.

Getting the best number means almost everything (unless you are some guru). It seperates the 50% cappers (which almost everyone on here is) from the 55% capper. Good luck

Tokens
docslep said:

You obviously can't make a living out of straight-betting.

Making millions is probably possible, but you'd have to have millions to begin with.

I've been making a modest living out of sports "trading" since January, nearly matching my net income at my previous junior-level-executive job (which, considering that I was paying well over 40% in income tax, isn't all that impressive). Don't intend on doing this for long, but it's been a nice year away from the numbing 9-to-5 world.

I don't doubt that serious guys who do this full-time with a healthy bankroll (100K+) can make a killing.

The World Is My Playground!!
Tokens
foreignlegion said:

LOL, the guy gives you the best gambling advice that you'll ever get in your life and you blast him for it...

FYI -10 outs isn't very many at all - anybody who wins has a helluva lot more than that...you can never get access to enough unique numbers if you have any hope of winning...

Tokens
Ten ? I dont think so in today's atmosphere. Just 3yrs ago I would have said yes to 10, even more.

Today:

1. Pinny
2. Matchbook/WSEX
3. OLY/BetJam
4. CRIS
5. 5Dimes

Those five (seven I guess) will do it

Rx Wizard
Tokens
X-Files said:
IMO, if you had 3 books and followed the best Rx cappers in each sport,
you'ld probably be up at least 100 units at the end of each year.

I tried that at the beginning of baseball season and was told that this was almost a guarantee because of all the plays that this was EAAAAASY money. Well, if you followed along it was an absolute BLOODBATH that I aborted early enough due to it beig to confusing. Can't imagine anyone is having a winning year this year if this stuck with the baseball cappers last year.

Tokens
FORGET about 10 shops the key is to know WHEN to BUY like the 2nd half of FLA/FlA ST they banged the O/U from 21 to 20 and Bang i bought Over 20 so you can sometimes accomplish the same thing with only a few books!!

Tokens
This is such a NO-BRAINER........the key is to get your asses in as many books as one can afford where the risk vs reward will be worth it over a years time.

There have been times in the past where it was well worth it to me from a financial point of view to have over 50 ACTIVE books.

Can you make money with 1-3 books.........a resounding YES! However, that is not the point ICEMAN is trying to make here.

Tokens
Fishhead said:
This is such a NO-BRAINER........the key is to get your asses in as many books as one can afford where the risk vs reward will be worth it over a years time.

There have been times in the past where it was well worth it to me from a financial point of view to have over 50 ACTIVE books.

Can you make money with 1-3 books.........a resounding YES! However, that is not the point ICEMAN is trying to make here.
Fish the EXPOSURE for me is not worth the reward. Just my opinion.

Tokens
Nobody's saying you have to keep $50k at each place, you can keep smaller amounts at the higher risk shops, or just keep accounts open and fund from Neteller as and when needed.

Tokens
Iceman said:
Congrats on your win. I had NJN +6.5 as well and went to bed thinking it was a certain loser.

However, I have a couple of problems with what you wrote.

If you are betting any appreciable amount of money and winning, these so called "square" books will either boot you relatively quickly or start dealing you double lines. To do otherwise would be financial suicide, and if you continue to beat the number there then you have to consider you might be dealing with a book like BoS or BetUS. Just like the old adage states, "If it seems to good to be true it probably is". If you're playing for $100 or something, then sure, knock them dead. But if you are "betting serious tonite" then you are much better off paying a little bit more for security and peace of mind. That's how I look at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
depolarizados
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com