24 The Show-- Season 6 Spoilers and Info...DONT OPEN UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED

Search

And if the Road Warrior says it, it must be true..
Tokens
I know its a little over a month away till the start of the new season but I just wanted to get this thread started.

Some info about this thread...

1. Spoilers for the 1st 2 episodes will be posted today.... they will include info on the show and characters for the new season.

2. Once the season starts the new Spoilers will not be posted until the Friday before the next show.

3. Most if not all the info has been obtained from another site that posts spoilers and are a very reliable source.

If you love "24" as much as I do then you love this thread for the info...Thanks :toast:

Tokens
Episode 6.0
Prequel.

October 25th - Toyota will sponsor a six-minute prequel, which will be included only on the DVD of season five of "24." The DVD will be available in December and carry two RAV4 ads for Toyota--"Heist" and "Frenchy Lombard."
Source - Marketing Daily

September 6th - It's basically Jack getting tortured in China and him saying nothing. Then you think he's gonna get to escape, but it's a trap.
Source - Nina Myers at HQ

Tokens
when does the season start?

I cant beleive its 5 seasons already? I cant even remember that many seasons

Stumblin' around, drunk on burgundy wine.
Tokens
One thing i know from the preview is that Wayne Palmer is the new President. I think that's kinda lame. If they were going to go that route, they should have just made Mike Novak the pres.

Tokens
Episode 6.1 & 6.2
6:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
Airdate - January 14th, 2007
Airtime: 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

November 19th - RICKY Gervais, the U.K. comic who created and starred in the original edition of "The Office," recently filmed a throw-away scene with the cast and producers of "24." His pal, Stephen Merchant - who co-created "The Office" - took his "24" fanaticism one step further and actually landed a cameo in January's season-six debut. "Ricky was just too recognizable to put in the show," "24" executive producer Jon Cassar told The Post. "But Stephen actually walks up to someone at CTU and hands them a piece of paper." Cassar said he hopes Gervais agrees to let the scene he filmed be included as a DVD extra. In the scene, a group of White House brass meet to discuss an impending terrorist threat. Gervais, dressed like a presidential advisor, keeps whispering under his breath to give the mission to Jack Bauer - and then acts incredulous when someone else says it aloud and takes credit for the idea. A tidbit that Cassar had passed along through one of the people involved in his charity organization said on the Official 24 Fox Forums to 'Watch for an "office" related cameo in CTU in episode 1.'
Source - New York Post and Fox Forums

October 4th - 24, this year's most Emmy Award-winning television series (with five Emmys, including Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series (Kiefer Sutherland) and Outstanding Drama Series), sets the clock for "Day Six" with a four-hour, two-night television event Sunday, Jan. 14 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Monday, Jan. 15 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Source - Fox

August 24th - Director Jon Cassar is establishing the show's White House story, which has always been integral to the spy thriller set in the Counter Terrorist Unit in Los Angeles. The writers, it seems, have come up with a doozy: Wayne Palmer, the deceased former president's brother who was with him when he was assassinated, has become the leader of the free world. How this goes down, nobody is telling. But here he (D.B. Woodside) is, the first time viewers see him in the Oval Office, and in typical "24" fashion, things are not good. America is already under some form of terrorist attack when the season opens, and Jack, who was last seen literally on a slow boat to China, has been behind bars there for 20 months. So the new president is ticked. Cassar coaches the actor on the gradations of anger — "Be angry at the situation, not the people" — and when Woodside, Peter MacNicol, who has joined the cast as a presidential special advisor, and Jayne Atkinson, who plays Karen Hayes, a Homeland Security official, perform the scene again, it is gripping.
Source - L.A. Times

August 22nd - Episode 6.02 will mark the arrival of a new CTU agent. Agent Samuels is a tough and in control Caucasian man in his mid-30s. He will be the head of Field Operations. Samuels will appear in several episodes throughout the season.
Source - Spoilerfix

July 13th - First eps is 6am to 7am. Buchanan is negotiating with 'Fayed' to get info on 'Assad'. Fayed will only trade info for custody of Jack. Jack isn’t in CTU custody. He appears to be cooperating with Bill and Curtis because he knows it’s the only way to stop the bad guys. Fayed tells Bill that in order for them to get to Assad, they have to lock Jack to a fence and then they'll be given Assad's location. When Fayed gets Jack he proceeds to torture him for what Jack had done to his brother. Fayed 'admires the Chinese handiwork', the many scars on Jack's torso, and his burned and scarred hands. Fayed beats and kicks Jack, then has him strapped to a chair and starts with a knife. Meanwhile, Morris is consoling Chloe, at work, because Buchanan gave the baddies Jack. Turns out 'Assad' is actually a good guy and 'Fayed' made it look like he was a baddie so CTU would kill him. Fayed set up Assad because he betrayed the cause. He tells this to Jack before he kills him, as all supervillians do, then steps out to take a call. Big mistake. Jack attacks the lone guard by biting his throat open.
Source - SecretAgentMan at TWoP

July 7th - In the first eps. we will meet Ahmet's father, Yusuf, a middle class Simi Valley businessman who is suspected of being a terrorist, but is actually innocent and has no idea of his son's activities.

Episode 6.3 & 6.4
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Airdate - January 15th, 2007
Airtime: 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

August 28th - As Kiefer Sutherland hopped out of his limo at the Emmys he mentioned, "At some point in time tomorrow we have to blow up a bus." Photos of the explosion popped up at HQ.
Source - E! News, HQ

Episode 6.5
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Airdate - January 22nd, 2007
Airtime: 9:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

September 26th - An upscale European mercenary named Darren McCarthy (David Hunt) will make his first appearance of four episodes around episode 5 or 6. This charming killer sold bombs to the terrorists of the season.
Source - Spoilerfix

September 22nd - Rena Sofer (Blind Justice, Coupling) is joining 24 for a mult-episode arc. The General Hospital Emmy winner will play the wealthy, Bel Air wife of returning evildoer Graham, played by Paul McCrane.
Source - TVGuide

September 19th - Graham's son, Josh, is set to have the typical adolescent attitude. He is going to have to deal with some emotional stuff and will appear in several episodes.
Source - Spoilerfix

August 31st - By the 5th eps. we will meet Josh. the 15 yr old son of Graham (Mr. Bluetooth). Graham, his wife Marilyn and Josh willl be in several eps.

August 31st - [REED] Caucasian, he is in his early to mid 30's and is the right hand man to Thomas Lennox (Peter MacNicol), the Chief of Staff for the President. Reed is very comfortable operating in the political arena, and despite his young age, is already very sharp and astute. He is already a "Beltway" insider - a young Turk. Will be seen in several episodes. GUEST STAR.
Source - www.starzcasting.com

August 28th - [RITA] Caucasian or African American, she is in her 30's, and is a little on the female dogy side. She is on her way out of town and argumentative with her male companion who just happens to be a mercenary aiding and abetting the terrorists. Rita is simply along for the ride. Seen in two episodes. GUEST STAR.

Episode 6.11
4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Airdate - March 5th, 2007
Airtime: 9:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

October 31st - [CONSOL ANATOLY MARKOV] He is a Russian diplomat in his late 40s to 50s who is the consol at the
Russian Embassy in Los Angeles. Smooth and sophisticated, he is also involved a dangerous plot. Will be seen in several episodes...GUEST STAR

[RUSSIAN AGENT LENKOV] Russian, he in his late 30s to 40s and works at the Consulate - a professional,
he is an honorable man...One episode GUEST STAR

[VP'S CHIEF AIDE LISA MILLER] Open ethnically, she is in her 40s and is the chief aide to the Vice
President of the country. Smart and very professional...GUEST STAR. WILL RECUR.

[SECRETARY OF DEFENSE ETHAN KANIN] Open ethnically, he is a powerful man in his late 40s to 50s who is dealing with a difficult situation...GUEST STAR

[DR. WELTON] Open ethnically, he is the White House doctor, in his late 40s to 50s. He is extremely professional given the fact that he works for the White House...GUEST STAR

[JEANNIE TYLER] Open ethnically in her late 30s to 40s, she is the AA sponsor for Morris O'Brian (Carlo Rota)...One scene GUEST STAR

General Season 6 Spoilers:

November 23rd - An actor named Rade Serbedzija (The Saint, Mission Impossible 2, Eyes Wide Shut), will play russian general Gradenko in six episodes of Season 6. Two of them are already filmed, so four remains to be filmed.
Source - Blic Online

November 22nd - ABC pulled The Nine from its schedule effective immediatley. Before the anouncement Kim Raver caught up with TV Guide and shared a few bits and pieces about Audrey's return. She said that she will definitely start work on "24" soon but didn't divulge exactly when she'll start. When asked will Audrey know where Jack has been this whole time Raver responded with "She's searching.... She's been searching for him this entire time. I can't tell you whether she finds him or not."
Source - TV Guide

November 8th - Emmy-nominated Gregory Itzin and Jean Smart are returning for the sixth season of Fox's hit drama, 24. They'll be reprising their roles as (now former) President Charles Logan (Itzin) and his emotionally unhinged wife, Martha Logan (Smart). The anouncement was made just days before filming of episodes 11 & 12 were due to begin. Earlier in the year Gregory Itzin revealed that he may return around episodes 9 or 10.
Source - The Hollywood Reporter

November 4th - Regina King delivers hints about her character, during an interview online. She mentions that her character, lawyer Sandra Palmer, will be the "voice of reason" to brother/President Wayne Palmer. She also mentioned that her character will be "good," for now, and she isn't sure if her character will turn bad (i.e. Sherry).
Source - NFL.com

October 26th - On "24," from 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV, Powers Boothe will play Noah Daniels, the vice president under new U.S. President Wayne Palmer (D.B. Woodside). He has joined the show in a recurring role.
Source - Variety

October 26th - Ausiello spoke with Mary Lynn Rajskub at the Fox Fall Party about all things Chloe and her role in Season 6, "In all seriousness I do have more responsibility and I am more grown up. There’s a lot more emotional stuff and my ex-husband’s back working with me at CTU. There is somewhat of a reconciliation and creates some complications. She’s a complicated woman; we get to see more sides of Chloe so I’m excited about that."
Source - TV Guide

October 23rd - Joel Surnow said in a recent interview about the upcoming Season, "We will be dealing in the real world of terrorism in a way that we have never up until now. It will probably be the most controversial season we’ve had."
Source - World Screen

October 18th - Ausiello said in a recent blog, "I know what's going to happen this season, and it's insane. All I have to say is poor, poor Jack. There's going to be a huge, earth-shattering reveal about Jack early in the season. It's something Jack had no knowledge of, and it's going to make him very angry. It will turn Jack's world upside down."
Source - TV Guide

October 11th - Chad Lowe is about to start watching the clock – he’s joined the cast of TV’s biggest action drama, 24. He’ll play Reed Pollock, a savvy political operator based in the White House who will be going through a rough day. According to casting notices sent out in late August, he is set to make his first appearence in episode 5.
Source - Variety

October 10th - Rena Sofer revealed to TV Guide about her new character, "What she knows about what he's [Graham] done or is doing is not clear. But she hates him. There's no love there." The actress is on board for at least 4 episodes, after which is anyone's guess. "I could be walking down the aisle marrying Jack Bauer and then get shot in the head as we kiss. You don't ever know what's gonna happen."
Source - TV Guide

October 5th - James Cromwell revealed in a recent interview his role in the upcoming Season, "He’s an industrialist who runs a multinational corporation and there’s been a f*ck up," said Cromwell. "And he’s responsible and he’s trying to shape it the way most people in multinational corporations do to save his own ass and ass of his family and Jack catches him."
Source - CanMag

October 4th - Actor Eddie Izzard has been replaced by David Hunt ("Everybody Loves Raymond") as villainous accomplice DARREN McCARTHY.
Source - Fox

October 3rd - This photo of Kiefer Sutherland on the set of "24" is likely set in the final days of shooting episodes 5 and 6. The scene involves Sutherland's character, Jack Bauer, pulling an injured man from the smoldering wreckage before the chopper fell to the ground and exploded.
Source - TMZ

October 2nd - Kiefer Sutherland said recently while promoting I Trust You To Kill Me, "The show picks up with regards to my character at least...... instead of there being one kind of terrorist attack in the U.S., it's been a series of much smaller attacks which I think is potentially a real, real danger for this country. The United States government is making a deal to try and get Jack Bauer back from China in order to make a deal with the people who are responsible for these attacks."
Source - http://www.amfmpodcast.com/PodCast/WNNX/WN...ifer_100206.mp3

September 12th - Oscar and Emmy-nominated actor James Cromwell ("Babe," "Six Feet Under") joins the season six cast of 24. Cromwell will recur this season as PHILLIP BAUER, the estranged father of JACK BAUER.
Source - Fox

September 12th - Season six picks up 20 months later. WAYNE PALMER (DB Woodside), the strong-minded brother of the late President David Palmer, is now himself the President of the United States, while his sister, SANDRA PALMER (Regina King), is a determined and powerful advocacy lawyer. After a series of horrific terrorist attacks, Palmer and his team of advisors, KAREN HAYES (Jayne Atkinson) and THOMAS LENNOX (Peter MacNicol) as well as CTU colleagues CHLOE O'BRIAN (Mary Lynn Rajskub), CURTIS MANNING (Roger Cross) and BILL BUCHANAN (James Morrison) begin an unthinkable, nail-biting day.
Source - Fox

August 29th - I caught up with nominee Gregory Itzin on the red carpet and he revealed that President Logan will resurface around the midday point. "It started with, 'Oh, you'll be back around [Episode] 7 or 8,'" he says. "Now it looks like it'll be 9 or 10. The story tells itself for those guys. They know they want me back and it will organically happen." The only question now is how Logan will be woven back into Jack's nightmarish day. Luckily, Itzin's got the answer to that, too. "He has information that they need," he offers, "which is why they come after him." Kim Raver told me at the Emmys that Audrey's return was simply a question of when, not if. "We want to find the appropriate moment, so we're waiting," she says. "Kiefer and I and the producers, we're all talking about it to find the key moment." And despite her new gig on ABC's buzz-worthy drama The Nine, Raver says she'll be able to drop in for more than one episode. "People really want them to be together. It's a huge compliment."
Source - TVGuide

August 25th - Harry Lennix has been hired for a recurring role on Fox's real-time drama "24." Also joining the Imagine TV/20th Century Fox TV series next season in potentially recurring roles as terrorists are Adoni Maropis and Steven Schub.
Source - The Hollywood Reporter

August 24th - Jayne Atkinson returns as Karen Hayes, a Homeland Security official based in Washington DC alongside the new President.
Source - L.A. Times

August 23rd - Exec Producer Evan Katz explains his decision to install David's bro in the Oval Office. "It's a great choice. It's RFK. It's the slightly less-polished younger brother who has something to prove and is living in the — 'shadow' is too strong a word. But living with the martyred, heroic older brother is very powerful. What I think we need to remind people is that we're not just [making him the prez] because he's [David's] brother. He was [David's] chief of staff in Season 3. He's a big part of politics."
Source - TVGuide

August 21st - Kal Penn has joined the cast of Fox's action drama "24" in a recurring role. He will play a guy who is somehow involved with the Islamic guru running the neighborhood mosque and might be the key to a terrorist plot.
Source - Reuters

August 12th - Kid actor Michael Angarano has joined the cast of "24" as Scott. He will recur for 5-7 episodes. He is best known for playing Elliot in Will and Grace.
Source - www.kidactors.com

August 10th - Check out Fahim Fazli's blog for your first look at Jack in Season 6. Kiefer is standing next to Fahim Fazli, who has scored a role on the new Season of "24".
Source - http://fahimfazli.blogspot.com

August 9th - Alexander Siddig is joining the cast as one of the evildoers behind the big Season 6 plot. In other news, a casting call has gone out for an actor in his thirties to play a "no-nonsense soldier" stationed at a military prison.
Source - TVGuide

August 8th - Manny Coto said in the recent 24 mag, "There are some new elements that we haven't done before. It's safe to say that Jack's character will be in a place he's never been before - a dark place. What he goes through with the Chinese is going to change him in a dramatic way, where it leads him to the point of him questioning the whole point of living and continuing this. There are other things that will be happening that I can't give away, but it's a crisis of his soul, which is really him being keyed up for next season."
Source - Official 24 Magazine

August 7th - Jon Cassar believes Day 6 will top Day 5. "It's not a question at all. The answer is yes." While other seasons gradually bring the terror to light, the new season begins "in the midst of America being terrorized," Cassar says, likening the explosive opening to the early hours after 9-11. " Something horrible has already happened, so we start in a mood of national paranoia and fear and go from there," he says. Jack has been in Chinese custody for two months and has been tortured physically and mentally. "He's not the same Jack we've seen before," Cassar says. "He's beaten down, a weakened shell." A la Jack's Season 3 return from drug abuse, Season 6 will track Jack's comeback. Meanwhile, a Guantanamo-like internment camp raises issues about "how far our country will go to stop terror" says Cassar. Kiefer Sutherland says, "We'll start with Jack next season at the lowest point anybody's ever seen him," explaining that Day 6 opens two months into his Chinese incarceration. "Jack has always dealt with situations where other people's lives are in danger. Now it's all about saving his own butt, and there's a lot of 'I don't care about me. Do what you will.'"
Source - TVGuide

August 2nd - Marisol Nichols has joined Fox's Emmy-winning drama "24" in a recurring role. The actress is said to be playing Natalie, the boss of Chloe and the right-hand woman to Bill at CTU. The character is described as smart, attractive and very good at what she does.
Source - Fox

August 2nd - Exec producer Evan Katz said somewhere between "18 months and two years" will have passed when Season 6 launches in January. He said the idea of picking up immediately where last season left off was "talked about, but it's always important to us for the characters to have traveled a certain amount of distance emotionally. You don't get a chance to do a lot of that during the course [of the season]. Also, the odds that two of the worst days [would occur] right next to each other stretches credulity a little bit."
Source - TVGuide

August 1st - Eric Balfour has signed on to reprise his Season 1 role as independent CTU contractor Milo Pressman. Balfour will be credited as a series regular. Curtis Manning (Roger Cross) is also set to appear in Season 6.
Source - Spoilerfix & TVGuide

July 31st - Kiefer Sutherland has said this would be the most political season yet, without a hint at which side of the aisle will embrace the plot more enthusiastically. "This year there's a couple of statements that are very political. The writers chose to address a really interesting situation."
Source - Sun-Sentinel

July 27th - Kiefer Sutherland figures 24 will pick up about a year-and-a-half from when we last saw Bauer. "We just got the first scripts. [Jack's] at the end of his line. Something's going to have to really rejuvenate him from the position that he's in," said Sutherland, "otherwise he's just going to be dead."He added that it will be interesting this coming season, which starts again in January, "to come from a really deep dark place and actually try to come up instead of starting from an up position and trying to go down."
Source - Toronto Sun

July 26th - Kiefer Sutherland revealed that both Gregory Itzin and Jean Smart, who played the President and First lady respectively, will likely return some time during the season. "I think they are both going to be, [but] in which capacity and how much [is to be determined]," says Sutherland.
Source - iFMagazine

July 20th - Jon Cassar recently revealed to Ecran Large "In the past seasons, Jack always tried to prevent terrorists attacks but in season 6, one of the idea that we might picked up would be that these attacks already occurred at the very beginning of the season. What would be the situation if something like 10 nuclear bombs had already exploded in a roar all around the country? We're planning [another prequel], especially to solve out how Jack came back from China because if you had to show it in the series, it would be at least a 15 hours flight and that would be pretty boring to watch."
Source - Ecran Large

July 17th -The Palmer Family comes together with the addition of Regina King as Palmer's sister "Sandra," a powerful advocacy lawyer, and the return of Palmer's strong-minded brother "Wayne" (DB Woodside) as the recently elected President.
Source - Fox

July 10th - "Numb3rs" and "Ally McBeal" actor Peter MacNicol is joining 24 next season as a series regular. The actor will portray Thomas Lennox, a high ranking government official.
Source - TVGuide

July 7th - The main terrorist situation of season 6 seems to revolve around Middle Eastern men who are planning an attack. One of the men will be undercover in Simi Valley.
Source - Spoilerfix

July 7th -
[WALEED] He is African American, elegant and good looking. Waleed is Oxford (in England) educated, in
his mid to late 30's. and is an advocate for Islamic Americans, and could be part of a benevolent organization like CARE. He is a good guy and we should like him. RECURRING GUEST STAR.

[THE DAD] He is Caucasian, a benign, average looking kind of guy in his 40's, who is not tough, and thrown into a dangerous situation. Dad is a white collar worker who lives in Simi Valley, and has an 18 year old son. Will probably recur in 4 episodes GUEST STAR.

[DENNEHY] He is Caucasian, and a seasoned politico in the Presidential camp. A player in Washington DC, he's been around and is in his late 40's to early 50's. RECURRING GUEST STAR.
Source - Spoilerfix

July 2nd - Kiefer Sutherland explains that Season 6 will take a slightly different turn. "We've had five years of him saving a large thing; this one's much more about him saving his own ass. He'll go from being the one who hunts people down to the one who's being hunted, so that in itself turns the show around."
Source - Guardian Unlimited

June 28th -
[ASSAD] He is Middle Eastern (or should pass for Middle Eastern)in his mid 30 s to mid 40 s, and the mastermind of a terrorist plan. Assad is smart and ruthless and will recur. RECURRING GUEST STAR.

[FAYED] He is Assad s disciple, and is also Middle Eastern (or should pass for it). Fayed is just a little
younger than Assad that is early 30 s to early 40 s and will also recur and will go head to head with Jack
Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland). RECURRING GUEST STAR.

[AHMET] He is a neighborhood kid in Simi Valley Middle Eastern (or should pass for it) 20-21 years old that blends in as part of the American landscape but in fact is a real terrorist. Will recur. RECURRING GUEST STAR.

June 23rd - Joel Surnow talked about Season 6 at a recent Heritage Foundation event. "We will actually have a President in Washington, DC. We're gonna do some stuff based in DC next year for the first time. And we do intend to bring Aaron back. He's a beloved character and he won't be in his love nest with Martha Logan, but he'll be back and working for a President. You've not seen the last of President Logan."
Source - Heritage Foundation

June 19th - James returns to 24 next season as Bill Buchanan, the head of CTU Los Angeles.
Source - http://www.xmission.com/~spectral/jm/curprj.html

June 2nd - Carlo Rota, Morris O'Brian, will be a series regular next season.

May 28th - Kim Raver revealed that come Season 6 "Jack will be nursing a few wounds but he'll be ok." Raver also said that she'd be back but in limited force as she split her time between "24" and her new series.
Source - London Expo

May 25th - Howard Gordon drops a few hints about Season 6 "Unfortunately, I don't think much of the story will take place in China. It's just an impractical thing given the real-time constraints because, even by the time we concluded that story, it would take Jack 16 hours - you know, three-quarters of the series - to get back to L.A."
Source - NY Post

April 12th - Mary Lynn Rajskub has inked a deal to return next season.
Source - TVGuide

Tokens
Simply put, the greatest show EVER on TV

Won't visit this thread much before each episode, but will visit after. Thanks.

Tokens
Taken from another site...

As I type this review up on this Saturday morning(ish), there is a video file of the first episode of the sixth season of "24" up on the desktop in front of me, and, as I'm sure you probably know (if you read any of my movie reviews on the IMDB.com), it's gone steadily downward in quality (at least, in my opinion anyway) during the past few seasons. I was reluctant to even watch this because I had pretty much sworn off the show at the end of the last season, which saw numerous plot twists being thrown out left and right in the finale, including an absolutely incredilous end cliffhanger where Jack Bauer takes a literal slow boat to China. Seeing as how I did a similar review on another message board for the Season 5 premiere a year ago, as well as the fact that a leak of the first episode (and possibly three other episodes) have leaked onto the net, thanks to an uploader group that has snagged the upcoming Season 6 DVD that's coming out next week, that means that I have the chance to give you my opinion of the new season, and the further adventures of Jack Bauer, literal superhero. So, was it good or bad?

I'll tell you this much: the opening scene is a real "explosion", to use the term literally. The viewer is thrown right into the thick of the action, much like in the recent feature film, "Miami Vice". This new season sees a group of terrorists planning suicide bombings around the continental United States in a number of cities, and as the premiere begins, the audience will find out that these attacks have been going on for some time, with another attack that begins shortly after this exposition.

With a beleagured government, led by former President David Palmer's brother Wayne, quickly running out of options and being prodded into setting up "detention centers" by a pushy department chief, President Palmer makes the solemn decision to cave into the demands of one of the terrorist heads, who is named Fayed. His request? Hand over former CTU agent Jack Bauer (played by Kiefer Sutherland, like always) for the whereabouts of the terrorist leader, a man named Assad (played by Alexander Siddig). This sets the stage for the transfer of Bauer from the hands of Chinese authorities (including Cheng Zhi, the Chinese minister who was privy to the torture of Bauer for over two years) to the custody of the Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU), who has also experienced a major shake-up in the past while. With Bauer in the care of CTU, they have no choice but to hand the former agent over to Fayed, who demanded Jack because of an incident that took place years earlier, where Jack had killed Fayed's brother by torturing him. Being held by Fayed and getting tortured by his subordinates, Jack finally learns the truth about the attacks going on for the past three months: Assad has nothing at all to do with the attacks, and is being set up for assassination by his brother because he was a traitor to the cause. This information out, Fayed decides to be done with Jack once and for all, so that nothing will stand in his way.

Did you really think that is what would happen? Of course not! Jack is a changed man, full of aggression and rage, and a lowly terrorist soon finds out what happens when you tell a man he is going to die for nothing. With this being his sixth season as the character of Jack Bauer, an almost invulnerable secret agent, this episode shows a completely different spin on the character, a man who has been broken mentally by the torture and wounds that have been inflicted on him over the past two years, even if he didn't break physically. Jack is still reeling from his recent imprisonment, sporting numerous physical wounds, a scraggy beard, and a thin, quiet voice, due to the fact that he hasn't said many words over the duration of his time in China. Yet, it doesn't take long before his old survival instincts kick in, and he starts kicking ass all over the place. I think that this was a good direction for the character, seeing as how in the season, Jack took a number of punishments, including multiple tazerings and a cracked rib(!) and stopped nary a minute while beating terrorists and high-level government officials galore, and I really believe it is for the better.

Aside from Jack, there's been a change to the government as well. Wayne Palmer (played by D.B. Woodside) has taken the presidency over from Charles Logan (who was last seen getting arrested at the end of season 5), and, seeing as how Woodside was one of the best actors of last season (his encounter with Jack in David Palmer's apartment in episode 5.02 is one of the best moments from the series), he does a great job portraying a worn-down man who has the weight of the country resting on his shoulders. His support includes Karen Hayes (played by Jayne Atkinson), a former CTU Division chief who has since married to acting CTU head Bill Buchanan (played by James Morrison), and who doesn't the already volatile situation to escalate further, and a weaselly government official (played by Peter MacNicol), who wants the police to arrest all the Muslims in Los Angeles and place them in holding facilities to contain the situation. This is one of only a couple problems I have with the premiere, as MacNicol's character is basically a stereotype of the "big, bad government guy" that was present in the last couple of seasons, and also seems to be acting as a metaphor for the actions of the current government in Iraq (coughbushadministrationcough). Still, that's a trivial thing.

CTU has also hired some new staff as well (seeing as how half of them got gassed to death in season 5), with old favorites Chloe O'Brien (played by Mary Lynn Rajskub) and Bill Buchanan returning, as well as Morris O'Brien, Chloe's ex-husband, who will do whatever it takes to ensure the safety of a mission, and former computer hacker Milo (played by Eric Balfour, and who hasn't been seen since season 1!), who has been promoted to a middle management position, and squabbles with Morris on a number of occasions about computer protocols, which in my opinion detracted from the plot a little bit.

There is also a subplot about a Los Angeles family that takes in their neighbour's teenage son (played by Kal Penn) after the teen's father is arrested for suspicion of terrorist activity. I thought that the scenes were well acted, and showed the effects of paranoia on the lives of innocent people, as well as the stigma of the actions of other cultures. The son, however, is the real terrorist, and has plans to conduct some sort of operation in the next few hours. It will be interesting to see what becomes of this, because although it does tie into the main plot much better than I thought it would, it seems to smack of the Araz family subplot in season 4, a group of people who pretty much all died (or disappeared) for nothing. If the writers can keep this dynamic between the young terrorist and the innocent family interesting, I'm all for it.

As in previous seasons, the acting and action scenes are top-notch. 24 is usually known for it's interesting and exciting (and varied) action sequences, and this episode is no exception. Jack effectively escapes from his bonds at the end of the episode in a very unorthodox fashion, showing just how much he's changed from the end of season 5. As such, where this season will go is anyone's guess, but I am convinced that if the episodes stay at this level of quality, this will be a much better season that the fifth one.

Bottom Line: Although I was reluctant to watch it, my faith in 24 has been restored. This is an effective and exciting episode, which promises many interesting stories and situations to come. I can't wait to see how Jack will get to Assad, and if he will be able to let anyone know about the deception that has been cast by Fayed. I give this episode a 9/10.

Tokens
Want To Know How Next Weeks Episode Ends?

Jack arrives at Graham’s house and there is some history with Graham’s wife and Jack.

Graham takes Jack into a study room where they can talk. Jack questions him, but feels something is up. He then punches him out, and ties him up in a chair. After Graham awakes, he is tied up and Jack starts to question him. Graham says he doesn't know what is going on, but Jack isn't buying it. He takes a plastic bag and puts it over his head and tries to suffocate him. The episode should end with Graham grasping for air as Jack suffocates his brother in hopes of getting the truth about their father.

Tokens
Episode 5 Season 6 Spoilers

Here are some spoilers from the next episode of 24 :toast:

Tokens
Last Monday, the unthinkable happened on FOX’s "24". Terrorists detonated a nuclear weapon on US soil before a stunned nation and a distraught Jack Bauer. So, what happens now?
As the next episode opens, over one square mile of Valencia, a suburb of Los Angeles has been destroyed and winds are blowing the airborne radiation away from the mushroom cloud.
Initial estimates suggest no less than 12,000 people have died instantly.
The CTU is in possession of intel that four more nuclear weapons have been stolen and may be detonated at any time.
All civilian air-traffic is shut down.
The President and his staff are moved down to the bunker under the White House.
Department of Emergency Services and Public Safety urges all civilians to return home.
Within minutes, television networks are airing information about radiation fallout.
People are running in the streets panicking.
A helicopter crashes on the roof of a house. One of the crew members gets out and runs asking for help.
A barely responsive Jack Bauer agrees to help him, minutes after he had killed his friend and fellow agent Curtis.

24-s6-e5-spoiler-05.jpg

24-s6-e5-spoiler-02.jpg

24-s6-e5-spoiler-03.jpg

24-s6-e5-spoiler-04.jpg

Tokens
12 Minutes of Episode 5 was leaked you can watch it on YouTube, or 24 The Podcast (which is much higher quality).

YouTube Links (It is in 2 Videos Part 1 and Part 2):

Part 1

Part 2

This is definitely the real thing.
Enjoy!

Tokens
One Last Spoiler...

In epsiode 5....

Jack calls his father's house, and the housekeeper answers. His father isn’t there - he left very unexpectedly the other day. Jack thinks something is up and says he will call his brother to see if he knows anything. A private eye/operative is wire tapping the phones and surveying Jack's father's house. He calls Jack's brother and tells him to be expecting a call.

Tokens
Just wondering.....does anyone enjoy these spoilers??

If not I wont post them and waste the space here...thanks

Tokens
Spoilers have been hard to find and few that are reliable but I have something for tonights episode....

Here's some info from later in Ep 7.

Jack injects Graham with a painful dose of the usual. Graham is in excruciating pain and he eventually gets to his breaking point. Graham delivers a shocker to Jack and says that he was directly involved in the deaths of President David Palmer, Tony Almeida, Michelle Dessler. Jack is completely shocked and speechless. Phillip walks by and shares a glance with Graham that says don’t say anything else. Jack leaves the room….. and Phillip enters. The two agree that Graham did the right thing by talking and that hopefully Jack and CTU will think that is all that the two have done in their shady lives. Phillip then injects Graham with more of the torture juice. Graham‘s body starts to give up and he goes unconscious. Phillip calls for help and says that Graham had some sort of seizure and he blames CTU for botching it.

Tokens
Another bit of Spoiler info is that......

Aaron Pierce will be returning in a few episodes..
440008720_l.jpg

This seems to confirm the earlier post that the reason for these terrorists attacks is Russia is looking to get even with the US for agreeing to put out a hit on the Prime Minister last season.:WTF:

Tokens
Spoilers have been hard to find and few that are reliable but I have something for tonights episode....

Here's some info from later in Ep 8

Tom Lennox begins to doubt his usefulness in the administration and he plans on resigning. Reed Pollack speaks with Tom and convinces him to stay for awhile longer because it appears that Reed has a shady and mysterious plan in the works. Reed calls someone else who is involved in the plan. Reed makes it clear that Palmer will be removed and that they need Tom to stay in his current position until their agenda is fulfilled. Tom can’t believe what he is doing, but nonetheless, he does it.

There will be a substantial twist involving a double crossing and Morris will be involved. There will be a death here as well... but here's the goods on what's going on with Morris and a nasty drill:

Rita and Morris arrive at the safehouse. Rita is scared. She just wants to collect her money and get out of there. But Morris refuses to arm the tactical nuclear bombs. So Fayed takes out a drill and begins to drill O’Brian’s arm. Morris stays resolute. To show how serious he is, Fayed executes McCarthy’s girl. Morris freaks out. Eventually he breaks and begins to arm the nukes.

President Palmer asks Assad to make an announcement on national television that could save thousands of American lives, but Assad refuses.

Tokens
Air Date: Monday, February 26, 2007
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on FOX
Episode Title: (TWF-611) "Day 6: 4:00 P.M.-5:00 P.M."
VIEW ALL LISTINGS FOR 24
[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

PA: Viewer discretion is advised.

JACK DEALS WITH A FAMILIAR FOE AS THE SITUATION INTENSIFIES ON 24 MONDAY, FEBRUARY 26, ON FOX

As a presidential press conference nears, President Palmer calls a staff meeting and unites two unlikely and influential people. Meanwhile, savvy politicos Tom Lennox and Reed Pollock encounter yet another tense situation as CTU copes with an unexpected weakness. A surprising development has Jack Bauer dealing with a familiar foe in the Day 6: 4:00 PM-5:00 PM episode of 24 Monday, Feb. 26 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (TWF-611) (TV-14 V)

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer, Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe OBrian, James Morrison as Bill Buchanan, DB Woodside as President Wayne Palmer, Jayne Atkinson as Karen Hayes, Carlo Rota as Morris OBrian, Peter MacNicol as Thomas Lennox, Regina King as Sandra Palmer, Eric Balfour as Milo Pressman and Marisol Nichols as Nadia Yassir.

Guest Cast: Powers Boothe as Vice President Noah Daniels, Chad Lowe as Reed Pollock, Adoni Maropis as Abu Fayed, Alexander Siddig as Hamri Al-Assad.

*Disgraced former President Charles Logan ( Gregory Itzin), under house arrest, returns in the Feb. 19 episode with new facial hair and a new attitute. " He's claiming he's a changed man." Let's see what Jack has to say about that

Tokens

Here's some info from later in Ep 9

Tom is having second thoughts about executing the plan and Reed senses Tom’s apprehension and he realizes that Tom may ruin the plan. Reed grabs a flashlight and nails Tom with it, he then steals his access card and the plan advances to the next stage.

Jack and his team arrive at the hotel where Jack and his father are supposed to meet. Phillip leaves the room and he’s at a hotel across the street. Phillip calls Jack and they agree that Josh be let go and that Jack will take his place. So Jack does this and Josh is released. Phillip forces Jack to get on his knees and Phillip aligns himself behind Jack as if he’s going to execute his last son. Jack gets emotional and tells his father that he blah blah blah, who cares…. He then tells Phillip to shoot but as Jack turns around he realizes that Phillip is long gone and he’s escaped. Jack runs after him but he’s gone. Jack sees a PDA and he looks at the screen and it says “JACK CALL THIS NUMBER”. So Jack dials the number and it rings. The camera adjusts to reveal the man on the other line is none other than PRESIDENT CHARLES LOGAN.

Tokens
where did his father go...that was a little stupid...will be interesting to find out why he left logan's # in the phone and to call him..

looking forward to next weeks show but still feel overall 24 is way down this year just in terms of believability...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbplayer
The RX is the sports betting industry's leading information portal for bonuses, picks, and sportsbook reviews. Find the best deals offered by a sportsbook in your state and browse our free picks section.FacebookTwitterInstagramContact Usforum@therx.com